Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did she not take him to counseling during the six weeks she had him is my question if there were indicators he needs help. I think counseling is a good thing I just do not understand her tatics.

It would appear that she would like the minor child to receive counseling while with the custodial parent. It is an emergency motion which means there is some urgency. Perhaps there were indicators during the summer visit that butterbean needs help. She obviously has reason to feel RC would be resistant, hence the filing.

There's nothing in the docket which states that Crystal didn't have Jr at counseling while he was with her. And as for using the court system, god bless her. It doesn't have to appear as a hostile maneuver. I see it as a step toward making sure Jr is given all he needs after the trauma he's suffered.

Why did she not take him to counseling during the six weeks she had him is my question if there were indicators he needs help. I think counseling is a good thing I just do not understand her tatics.

Do you have documentation proving she did not?

I sure don't maybe she did, I just figured if she had taken him that counseling would continue - so I took it as he has not been in counseling. I honestly don't think RC would refuse counseling for JR - location could be an issue though if she wants JR to go to a counselor in Baker County that probably would not work out well. Guess we will just have to see what happens in the courts.

There's nothing in the docket which states that Crystal didn't have Jr at counseling while he was with her. And as for using the court system, god bless her. It doesn't have to appear as a hostile maneuver. I see it as a step toward making sure Jr is given all he needs after the trauma he's suffered.

I think it may just be a new lawyer hoping to get their 15 minutes. It seems an odd application given that Crystal admitted she couldn't be bothered getting out of bed to take Haleigh to medical appointments....I hope if the counselling is ordered she bothers to get out of bed to ensure he makes his appointments. I do hope the authorities are making sure her other children are receiving adequate medical attention and aren't also missing doctor's appointments because of her laziness and lack of concern for their health.

It would appear from this that one of two things happened, either she did take him and feels that he needs to continue with the help....OR......she wanted to take him and Ron refused to let her, so she has had to go with using the court order to get Jr. the help that he needs.

I don't feel it is a bad thing for either Ronald or Crystal, imo. It is in the best interest of Rj, imo. I only hope the Judge will choose an impartial counselor who will include both parents in seeing to it that Rj benefits from this instead of it becoming another piece in the tug of war game by Crystal, imo.

IF Crystal did take him to a counselor without Ronald's permission, he is legally able to get all the information obtained by the counselor as the custodial parent.

I think it may just be a new lawyer hoping to get their 15 minutes. It seems an odd application given that Crystal admitted she couldn't be bothered getting out of bed to take Haleigh to medical appointments....I hope if the counselling is ordered she bothers to get out of bed to ensure he makes his appointments. I do hope the authorities are making sure her other children are receiving adequate medical attention and aren't also missing doctor's appointments because of her laziness and lack of concern for their health.

An emergency motion for hearing in family court is given priority in the docket. A judge takes these motions seriously and I would think there was something in the filing motion that indicated it was an emergency.

I don't feel it is a bad thing for either Ronald or Crystal, imo. It is in the best interest of Rj, imo. I only hope the Judge will choose an impartial counselor who will include both parents in seeing to it that Rj benefits from this instead of it becoming another piece in the tug of war game by Crystal, imo.

Well SS...do not faint! I agree with most everything you posted...except that Crystal is using it as a tug of war. LOL Can't have everything you know! They should both go to therapy. Separately and with their son.

I see this as a very positive and healthy step for Jr.. JMO

Well Crystal and RC are going to have to find a way to come together and be civil with each other for the sake of the children. I don't know how with all the damage that has been done but they are going to have to find a way to accomplish it or the struggles will never end.

It would appear that she would like the minor child to receive counseling while with the custodial parent. It is an emergency motion which means there is some urgency. Perhaps there were indicators during the summer visit that Jr. needs help. She obviously has reason to feel RC would be resistant, hence the filing.

The supply and demand for a qualified counselor who works with children of that age AND is willing to take state insurance would probably explain the why.... they don't really have walk in clinics for that type of service.

Geography would be the second. It takes time to build a therapy type relationship and with the current custody arrangement it would need to be local to Ron.

Maybe, but somehow I doubt it. NG seemed disgusted that false accusations of that nature were being made against RC. I think it would be very sad if Crystal kept up with the Ron bashing....it obviously hasn't helped find Haleigh and it might be time for her to focus on finding Haleigh rather than bashing her ex (actually I think that time was a looooong time ago, but better late than never). Perhaps she should get some counselling re her bitterness towards her ex....imo, she made an absolute fool of herself trying to pass those pics off as evidence of abuse, and it would be nice if someone counselled her in the right direction.

And there are just as many people reading this that would have said

those pictures + the environment the child is in + never making a complaint or asking for an investigation would be negligence on Crystal's part.

It would be better safe than sorry, an investigation will do no harm if she truly fell at school, etc........

I am not sure if they even have to agree on the counseling? It appears they can take the children to the dr etc without permission from the other parent but counseling may be different. I am curious why Crystal didnt do this when she had JR for 6 weeks, why did she wait until she returned JR to RC to file the motion?

I'm not 100% positive, but since they have joint legal custody, they each have a say in decision making when it comes to medical decisions.

I fail to see the urgency and need to file an "emergency" motion when they just filed an agreement with the court a few weeks ago. HaLeigh has been missing 6 months today. This is a matter that should have been brought up in the agreement that was filed with the court in July.

That said, I think counseling is a good idea. I hope that Ron and Crystal can find a good child psychologist to work Junior.

It probably would not have been a good idea for Crystal to start counseling with Junior while he was in Baker County since Junior resides in Putnam County. If Junior developed a relationship with that counselor, he would then have to stop seeing him or her when his summer visit was over (which it now is) as it wouldn't be practical for Ron to travel all the way to Baker County every time Junior had a counseling appointment.

I am not sure if they even have to agree on the counseling? It appears they can take the children to the dr etc without permission from the other parent but counseling may be different. I am curious why Crystal didnt do this when she had JR for 6 weeks, why did she wait until she returned JR to RC to file the motion?

I'm guessing the counseling sessions are on weekdays. Once the Summer visitation ends, Crystal wouldn't have Jr to take him to counseling. She would have to rely upon the Cummings to either get him there or allow her extra time with him so she can get him there on a weekday. I wonder if Jr has been going to counseling this Summer. I sure hope so - no little guy should have his sister disappear like that. It's got to be incredibly traumatic.

I also hope he is going to start Pre-K this year. That will give him such a great distraction and a new activity and role that are all his own. Not to mention, the advantages it will give him when he goes on to Kindergarten and First Grade. Pre-K is free here in GA, is it free in FL also ?

I'm not 100% positive, but since they have joint legal custody, they each have a say in decision making when it comes to medical decisions.

I fail to see the urgency and need to file an "emergency" motion when they just filed an agreement with the court a few weeks ago. HaLeigh has been missing 6 months today. This is a matter that should have been brought up in the agreement that was filed with the court in July.

That said, I think counseling is a good idea. I hope that Ron and Crystal can find a good child psychologist to work Junior.

It probably would not have been a good idea for Crystal to start counseling with Junior while he was in Baker County since Junior resides in Putnam County. If Junior developed a relationship with that counselor, he would then have to stop seeing him or her when his summer visit was over (which it now is) as it wouldn't be practical for Ron to travel all the way to Baker County every time Junior had a counseling appointment.

well, if i was judge,
my first question would be to crystal
you have the boy for 6 weeks, why did you wait to file emergency hearing for counseling when your son when went home ?

It does not matter if she thought she would have to relie on somebody else to take him when he went home, if she thought it was that important she should of taken him when she had him

yes, i agree jr needs to be in counseling and i hope ron signs in up tom if he has not already,

but, this was the wrong way to do it jmo

Oh I totally agree he needs counseling. I think they all do actually.

I am not sure about Pre-K in Fla - in KS it is very expensive unless you qualify low income thru headstart program. Do not know what programs FL offers.

I'm guessing the counseling sessions are on weekdays. Once the Summer visitation ends, Crystal wouldn't have Jr to take him to counseling. She would have to rely upon the Cummings to either get him there or allow her extra time with him so she can get him there on a weekday. I wonder if Jr has been going to counseling this Summer. I sure hope so - no little guy should have his sister disappear like that. It's got to be incredibly traumatic.

I also hope he is going to start Pre-K this year. That will give him such a great distraction and a new activity and role that are all his own. Not to mention, the advantages it will give him when he goes on to Kindergarten and First Grade. Pre-K is free here in GA, is it free in FL also ?

I think these young people are not aware of what they should do, but I feel someone may or should be counseling them. With all the older parents, grandparents, etc. and maybe even legal council, someone should advise them about the importance of special care for Jr.

Pre K is an option in our state, SC. You can bring them in to be tested, and if they qualify for pre k, they get in the public school system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member