Crystal S., Haleigh's mother

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grace, that was a very relevant comparison and I believe you nailed Crystal and how her experiences have shaped her. I was furious to see Ron's mother Teresa on CNN yesterday telling the world that Crystal's children loved Misty like a mom.

In my opinion that comment was a well disguised attempt to minimize Crystal's role in the lives of her children.

Keep on posting. Please.

It's more than odd that RC and TN stand behind Misty and her myriad of story changes. If we can see her story is hinky, imagine the position of Cummings family-- the safety of your child/grandchild hinges on whether or not this girl telling the truth.

Rumors have flown about Misty being out that night...even about her having an affair. Imagine. If Ron was not home, he has no idea if she's telling the truth or not. This is a man who took his children on a vacation to Mexico and refused to return them because he suspected that Crystal was doing cocaine.

It makes no sense to me that Misty would be above his wrath.

TY guys! Thankfully everything eventually worked out for the best but I can still remember how helpless and angry I felt during that time! It was horrible! I think sometimes the courts go out of their way to make sure that fathers have equal rights and mothers can be viewed as angry or bitter or just out for revenge.

Pirate I agree with you. How could Misty be like a mother to those children in just a few short months? Thats just ridiculous imo.

It's more than odd that RC and TN stand behind Misty and her myriad of story changes. If we can see her story is hinky, imagine the position of Cummings family-- the safety of your child/grandchild hinges on whether or not this girl telling the truth.

Rumors have flown about Misty being out that night...even about her having an affair. Imagine. If Ron was not home, he has no idea if she's telling the truth or not. This is a man who took his children on a vacation to Mexico and refused to return them because he suspected that Crystal was doing cocaine.

It makes no sense to me that Misty would be above his wrath.

I have wondered about this, too...so some thoughts that come to mind are 1) they want to keep her talking and on their side so they can get the full story or 2)she's covering for him or they're in this together somehow.

Or they are pitting one against the other, and RC and MC in their infinite wisdom have decided to circle the wagons and "show" a united front when one or both suspects the other. It can go on much longer, can it?

TY guys! Thankfully everything eventually worked out for the best but I can still remember how helpless and angry I felt during that time! It was horrible! I think sometimes the courts go out of their way to make sure that fathers have equal rights and mothers can be viewed as angry or bitter or just out for revenge.

Pirate I agree with you. How could Misty be like a mother to those children in just a few short months? Thats just ridiculous imo.

Bold, Italic and Underlined by me-

I am living proof of someone that can be a mother to a child in just a few short months.

When my husband and I started dating MY sons bio mother didn't take care of him,didn't get him for regular visitation nothing of the sorts. She got him when she felt like it. She had a boyfriend with 2 other children and that was her family basically. As the weeks and a few short months later my husband and I decided that we wanted to get married and add to our family. We at the time had a child each from previous relationships. We knew it was love at first sight and we were determined to have a family.

We did! 5 months later we were in the doctors office finding out that I was pregnant with a little baby girl. Again MY son's bio mom was still getting him when she felt like it,and that's about it. She never paid child support since when my husband and her got divorced she was the one that got custody and one day when he was a little of a year old decided that she couldn't handle him. So she took him to my husband and he dealt. We finally talked to her and asked if she would be willing to pay something... She did finally make 3 payments of $20 dollars. By this time my husband and I were married for 3 years now. I was my sons mom not her... He has called me mom since about 3 months into the relationship. Long story short she signed over all rights when he was physically abused by her current husband.

Moral to the story.... Anyone can be a bio mom, but not everyone can be a MOM to a child. It takes a lot for someone to step up to the plate and raise an love a child like they are yours even if you didn't give birth to them, and nobody is right to judge on how long it takes for someone to feel that way. Not bashing anyone's opinion, just putting another view out there on the situation since I am living proof of it.

Big difference, Wicked. Your new son did not have a mother who was in his life regularly.

Haleigh and Jr. have a mother that sees them regularly.

I don't know all children are so different, and at that age they are so impressionable. They tend to lean towards the ones that they are with the most. And if MC is the one that is taking care of them 24/7 then I can see how they look at her like that.

Big difference, Wicked. Your new son did not have a mother who was in his life regularly.

Haleigh and Jr. have a mother that sees them regularly.

How do we know she had them everytime she was supposed too

My husband exwife was supposed to get MY son every other weekend too
did it happend ever other weekend no she was too busy maybe once every two months .

Has it been stated or proven that CS got HC and RJC on every single visitation?

I said yesterday a.m. that I thought Crystal could have made the abduction out of wanting to get media attention because she had no where to go with the court system:

There are wrongs done every day in all courts. Family court is no different. However, we were not present to see what the judge saw in this particular case. Maybe he took one look at her physical appearance and she looked strung out. Just saying...

It is NOT ridiculous that the children could bond with Misty. If they felt loved and secure with her there is certainly no reason to believe they could not. I can tell you all about being a step-mother to children of this age. (Divorced mothers without custody probably don't want to hear it tho.)

Bold, Italic and Underlined by me-

I am living proof of someone that can be a mother to a child in just a few short months.

~snipped for space~

Moral to the story.... Anyone can be a bio mom, but not everyone can be a MOM to a child. It takes a lot for someone to step up to the plate and raise an love a child like they are yours even if you didn't give birth to them, and nobody is right to judge on how long it takes for someone to feel that way. Not bashing anyone's opinion, just putting another view out there on the situation since I am living proof of it.
:clap::clap::clap::clap: In our family, we don't need the words step or half anything. We were in it together and still are...30 years later.

Thank you for your perspective. In a nutshell, I want to let you know that I also went through a very painful courtroom and "justice" system ordeal regarding custody. Details of personal history can be twisted and lied about by a devious lawyer to make it appear that the parent who is a victim is vilified and the victimizer is sainted.

I developed PTSD as a result.

I tend to disagree! I have a step son whom I love and care for everyday. His father has custody of him and he lives with us! While I fill that "mom" role in his life...his mother doesn't have any part in his life...I am still his step-mother not his mom! I treat him just like I do my own son and would give my life for him if needed but that still doesn't make me his mom! I would never refer to myself as his mother either! Yes, I know a lot of you will not like that response but its true!!!

I understand where you are coming from. I have a sister that once she lost custody, she acted like she didnt care as much. She paid her child support...but she used to piss me off when she would lie to her kids as they were teens when this happened, she'd make up lies about having to go into work, so she could get out of the visit to go do something else that was more important...and later justify it. I never checked her on it then because she would get defensive and try to justify it. We are close now, and now she's developing a relationship with them. And I had sister in laws who where very loving and caring to their kids, crappy housewives, they were better mothers to their kids than my own sister was to hers.
I have a stepmom and a few years ago, her and my dad were renewing their wedding vows after 25 years, that day was also her birthday, I gave her a card and in it I asked her if it would be okay to call her mom. That made her feel really good. She doesnt replace my real mom, but it has to do....because at the time, I was still raw with emotions over my own mother choosing her husband over the rest of the family. My stepmom is a nice person, she has good boundaries, even to this day, she says she has her own thoughts, but will never say anything bad about my own mom, because she knows our mother is co-dependant and in denial of what our stepfather put the family thru. She has good boundaries. And I am so glad I was given a good step mom. And my dad, he's a keeper, never even yelled at us once. My stepfather was very abusive.So therefore, even tho I ache everyday for my mother to change, I know I am blessed. As I think your stepkids are blessed to have someone who will stick up for them. It's sad that you cant heal their wounds, you can only do your best to be their friend and a good shoulder.

Some families are so screwed up. Kids can get the short end of the stick on either side. Although, I have heard of some divorced couples maintain a healthy relationship for the sake of their kids.....like my oldest brother, he took the kids every weekend, not every other. He is a good dad, and he never fought with his ex wife in front of the kids, he owed her $34k in back child support when she passed away from Cancer 2 years ago. She never once took him to court. In her will, she left each of her kids a trust fund from the proceeds of the house and a notorized letter forgiving his back CS. His new wife appreciated that I'm sure. LOL, okay I liked his ex wife better than his new wife- talk about motives!

I guess I can fairly say I see your points. Its hard being in your shoes. I have never been a stepmother, I totally realize you are in a damned if you dont and damned if you do position. I applaud you for doing it,,,,it must of been a burden on your heart to witness their pain. Anytime you see kids not getting their needs met, is hard to bear. I got mad alot when I saw how selfish some parents can be. And I realize how hard stepparents have it.
That said, each family has to be looked upon individually. Not all mothers who lost their children are of the same mold, that leaves your heart bitter. I see Mothers at the shelter, crying their eyes out when they bring in their little ones with apparent bruises and internal scars from their dads, and they lost custody simply out of ignorance, and the courts wont do anything because they dont have an education or a home environment where they can take their children to.
I got a call in the middle of the night from a woman who've I developed a relationship with outside of the shelter. She was just needing a friend, some courage to get her thru another day of court, today.....she has been fighting the system to get her girls back in her arms for 2 years.....she lost custody. I read thru her documents with her and it was clear the magestrate did not consider the father had mulitple times crossed the line, within reason, she didnt have proof he was being abusive to them, they were too little to speak for themselves. Anyway, some of the things I read, was so strikingly similar to this case. Only now, she has come to the right place to find the right resources to do it right this time...with education & support; Crystal can get those children back if she really wanted too. Thats entirely her choice.
BTW, the courts dont make ruling based on your appearence. In many cases, the dont really look at you in the first place.

Thank you for your perspective. In a nutshell, I want to let you know that I also went through a very painful courtroom and "justice" system ordeal regarding custody. Details of personal history can be twisted and lied about by a devious lawyer to make it appear that the parent who is a victim is vilified and the victimizer is sainted.

I think I might have that too. My ordeal was in regards to my teen daughter but it was horrifying to learn what family services is allowed to do, and with no repercussions.
I feel for you. I know how things get twisted too. You don't want to make them mad either.
I didn't have a clue and thought like most of the posters here before I lived it.
CS didn't have a chance and Haleigh is suffering for it.

Has it been stated or proven that CS got HC and RJC on every single visitation?

it hasnt been stated that she didnt to our knowledge...we dont have the rest of the story after January 6th 2006. Therefore we cannot assume, nor compare the amount of times she did or didnt keep her visitation schedule. Not all cases are the same. Besides, from my overall knowledge, quantity does not compare to "quality". Some parents love their children very very much and have lost custody. Many many dads I know, who have the "standard" visitation would quiver if they heard the words, minimal time....they loves their kids just as much as the mom does who has primary custody.

Very true Concentric and I'm so sorry you developed PTSD. Looking back I can honestly say that that was the most difficult and hurtful thing I have ever been through in my life so I can relate. Thankfully my ordeal ended before I had a complete nervous breakdown but I think I was close. I hope your are doing better now. :)

I wonder why Grandma T would speak so fondly of Misty KNOWING she had been off on a drug binge?

I think Haleigh's mom is heavily sedated - and I would want to be also if my child was missing.

Because TN or RC have not talked badly about anyone of the family members.All they want is Haleigh back.I think even the BioMom would not have unless pushed into it,because at first she was not talking badly about RC.I wish it had stayed that way for JR's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth