CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuba posted the chart on Annie, not good news,

Tuba is great at her charts! So far always correct in the past.
What a shame.........I pray LE finds her fast!
hope LE reads about Annie at ground level and contained.
closet??? ductwork??
Also the alarm being a false alarm, someone wanted the building cleared..........so perhaps they could hide Annie????
Thanks TUBA

From what I understood from prior posts, she worked in two different labs.

Studying phosphotases would likely be key to her dissertation...Especially in the development of anti-diabetic drugs, maybe she was in labs for classes but for her research, she would be in one.

Tuba is great at her charts! So far always correct in the past.
What a shame.........I pray LE finds her fast!
hope LE reads about Annie at ground level and contained.
closet??? ductwork??
Also the alarm being a false alarm, someone wanted the building cleared..........so perhaps they could hide Annie????
Thanks TUBA

Can't beat 100% accuracy! :clap:

If a person pulled the fire alarm intentionally - we must be talking about a brilliant person! They think excess steam was being emitted from a laboratory thus causing the alarm to go off. If this is the case, or it was disguised to look like such, we are dealing with a perp who timed it perfectly, knows where labs and fire alarms are. I would think the person involved is highly intelligent and familiar with the building.

Breaking news on Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell:

Two cadaver dogs were just brought into the building Annie had entered and was not seen leaving.

2 things that stick in my mind is that she studied pharmaceuticals and medical
on animals.........motive.......drugs or animal activist?
I'm more inclined to think it's the pharmaceuticals unless she'd been seen transporting live animals into the lab. MOO

From the Nancy Grace show tonight...

"An officer said it may be impossible to pick up a scent after 72 hours" Also, it's raining there, which may also cause the scent to diminish.

Also, the dogs "look like German Shepards and bloodhounds." They are currently searching the lab building.

LE got ahold of blueprints to search the entire lab building. It's 120,000 square feet. There are over 75 cameras on the building, as well as several cameras on adjacent buildings that LE is looking at as well. The building is 4 stories.

According to a reporter, LE doesn't think the fire alarm is related to the disappearance at this time.

There is an attached parking garage to the lab building that is 300,000 square feet and holds 1,000 cars.

The family has canceled the wedding that was set for this Sunday at the North Ritz Club in Long Island.

Her fiancee is a doctoral student at Columbia University working on his phD.

Annie wrote on her Facebook page days prior that she was so excited about the dress, the food, and the decorations at the wedding.

According to a reporter, Yale is saying it was steam in a lab that set off the fire alarm.

The Yale Daily news is saying they haven't heard anything from her family, or her fiancee, but they have heard from colleagues and friends and all are shocked.

No disrespect intended. My apologies. I'll be sure to clarify my tone and follow thread protocol in future posts.

It would take a lot more than a dissenting point of view to offend me Wiki. Sometimes I enjoy expolring "the road less travelled"...makes it more fun if I turn out to be right!

I certainly don't wish harm on any potential victim; if someone has harmed Le I wouldn't want them to get away with it or hurt anyone else!

Susan

OMG! 75 cameras! What were other people seen leaving the building with? Or holding? Or carrying? She is a very small woman, she could be subdued and placed into a ?????? and carted off without detection of others passing by in wake of the alarm.

My first thought after seeing that picture of her is that she is reading an open book.

I'm behind and reading at page 6, but looking at the pic, it could very well be a large book...maybe the PDR? (Physician's Desk Reference)

I'm behind and reading at page 6, but looking at the pic, it could very well be a large book...maybe the PDR? (Physician's Desk Reference)

But her stance, the way she is holding it, made me think it was not just papers, but something more substantial and heavier.

But her stance, the way she is holding it, made me think it was not just papers, but something more substantial and heavier.

Seeing the picture on television, I also thought about the PDR or the big book Facts and Comparisons. Both are awkward to carry and it's darn hard to read either one while walking outside.

If a person pulled the fire alarm intentionally - we must be talking about a brilliant person! They think excess steam was being emitted from a laboratory thus causing the alarm to go off. If this is the case, or it was disguised to look like such, we are dealing with a perp who timed it perfectly, knows where labs and fire alarms are. I would think the person involved is highly intelligent and familiar with the building.

Ok, a number of differing thoughts on this case...

Re the above. Excess steam tripped the alarm? Hmm, same thing happened at a hotel where I was staying last year - the football team also staying there apparently thought they could use the shower as a sauna, and when they opened the room door, it tripped the alarm.

My question would be - has this ever happened before at the lab? If so, especially if it had happened repeatedly in the past, the steam could have been generated intentionally knowing it would trip the alarm. That would indicate the individual who tripped it was very familiar with the building.

Some other things that have crossed my mind. The cell phone. It seems unlikely that a girl who was presumably doing all those last minute things with her wedding would leave her phone behind. However - is it possible that cell phones might not have been allowed in the lab? If so, that would explain it.

The animal testing and stem cell angles are definitely worth checking into. Also - could she have had access to any controlled drugs that someone might have attacked her to get?

I am not entirely convinced that there is no chance that she wanted to disappear. Could her parents have been pressuring her into marriage? I know there are some cultures where women are expected to marry - I'm uncertain what her precise heritage is, but could this be a factor?

Another possibility - I saw mentioned earlier that she was apparently the driving force behind the wedding? How might she have reacted if she found out the boyfriend had been unfaithful? Could she have felt embarrassed enough to take off?

Seeing the picture on television, I also thought about the PDR or the big book Facts and Comparisons. Both are awkward to carry and it's darn hard to read either one while walking outside.

I thought who carries papers kinda "cradled" in their arms like that? She definitely looked as though she was supporting some weight for whatever she was carrying.

Some other things that have crossed my mind. The cell phone. It seems unlikely that a girl who was presumably doing all those last minute things with her wedding would leave her phone behind. However - is it possible that cell phones might not have been allowed in the lab? If so, that would explain it.

Its definitely not kosher to have your phone on you in the lab, as most stuff requires aseptic technique, and phones are especially dirty, as well as the fact you do not want to contaminate your phone with chemicals/bugs that might be in the lab, since it is right by your face.

I know a lot of ppl make their office their home base, and run in between it and their lab all day.

After looking at the pic more, I think it looks like a flat object(book/scale?), underneath another object...

Re the above. Excess steam tripped the alarm? Hmm, same thing happened at a hotel where I was staying last year - the football team also staying there apparently thought they could use the shower as a sauna, and when they opened the room door, it tripped the alarm.

My question would be - has this ever happened before at the lab? If so, especially if it had happened repeatedly in the past, the steam could have been generated intentionally knowing it would trip the alarm. That would indicate the individual who tripped it was very familiar with the building.

The animal testing and stem cell angles are definitely worth checking into. Also - could she have had access to any controlled drugs that someone might have attacked her to get?

I am not entirely convinced that there is no chance that she wanted to disappear. Could her parents have been pressuring her into marriage? I know there are some cultures where women are expected to marry - I'm uncertain what her precise heritage is, but could this be a factor?

Another possibility - I saw mentioned earlier that she was apparently the driving force behind the wedding? How might she have reacted if she found out the boyfriend had been unfaithful? Could she have felt embarrassed enough to take off?

Gosh, your points are great! The only one I can address is about access to controlled drugs...

topic for her dissertation: understanding how certain proteins are involved with metabolic diseases such as diabetes................

Unless her dissertation/research was addressing how pain medication or addictive drugs affect the proteins involved in metabolic disease, access to controlled substances wouldn't be necessary. And even if she was doing research on class II, III, or IV medications and how they affect metabolic disease - she would need to sign the drugs out of a locked cabinet or the drugs would be dispensed to her by an MD and accounted for. The drugs would either be missing and unaccounted for or her signature/MD sig would be there to cross reference. I'm not sure how Yale does their controlled substances for research. Your other points are all very probably and I just have no idea. I don't see Annie as the kind of person who plays games or tricks...but who knows for sure.

From what I understood from prior posts, she worked in two different labs.

It has been reported numerous xs she left her office & went directly to the lab..That is where she left all her stuff (cell, $$$, etc) so I am still :confused:

ETA: Maybe we need to take a closer look at that post? Anton Bennetts lab..Is that the name of the lab she was last seen at or is it a diff lab? What exactly does friend/poster mean by her lab? Is her Annie or Anton Bennett IF that is a person? We dont really know by the way it was said but I am still sure Annie left her office & not a lab.

#2 By A Friend 11:18p.m. on September 10, 2009
She works on phosphotases in Anton Bennetts lab. She is known to transport mice between her lab and the building she disappeared in

On the off chance that she did intend to disappear...

Could one of the things she was carrying have been a box containing a change of clothing? IF (and we do need to consider the possibility) she wanted to vanish, a logical plan would have been to enter the building wearing something bright and easily spotted on the cameras (like the green blouse), then change to something drab - maybe pin up or otherwise change her hair, rig the fire alarm, and exit with the crowd.

Can't beat 100% accuracy! :clap:

YALE is known to have BRILLIANT people!!!

YALE is known to have BRILLIANT people!!!

Doesn't need to be a brilliant person if it's something that has happened before - especially if it has happened several times. Police need to check fire department records on that.

I'm not too familiar with online marriage announcements but their page seemed pretty low-fi. No pictures, anything. It was pretty sparse and they were only registered at Macy's. That doesn't sound very romantic. That's like registering at Kohl's, isn't it?

Ummm,no! Sorry, not in my book. Macy's is far more expensive than Kohl's. Macy's is where people primarily register, then you may supplement somewhere with cheaper items like Kohl's, but in my mind Kohl's is the equivalent of Mervyn's, Target...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877