CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry folks -- just joining in on this. DId she leave her purse and phone back at her office or in the lab? I've heard both. Thanks. As for the pic. She is putting most of the weight on her right hand and she is holding whatever it is up high...so I think it's worth thinking about something living or at least something important in her hands. even when you hold a pizza or a birthday cake (not making light) you hold it up close because you can better protect it near your chest rather than below your waist. but a stack of papers or books you would just let hang down low.

I totally agree with your analysis of the picture.

As far as the belongings issue, I think they were in her office.

I wonder about the Professor, given Tuba's statement about being immature? Does anyone know whether he was present at the lab that day?

Looks like we aren't privy to that information...noone is giving information out. Here is the Professor's home research pages. He has Postdoc Fellows, Doctoral Students...click on the different categories for info.

http://info.med.yale.edu/pharm/bennett/

And where are the students raising funds to increase the reward? Where are the candlelight memorials and student support? Admin and student reaction seems a bit understated considering the situation. It's like the alarm bells aren't going off like we are used to seeing.
no crap Q!

Here are links to the other unsolved Yale student murders and disappearances:

here is my initial post with the names:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4147660&postcount=172"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09[/ame]

suzanne jovin: (more info on the case) [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanne_Jovin_case[/ame]
christian prince: (more info on the case) [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Prince[/ame]

not to say the cases are related.... but perhaps why the PA office is playing the tight lipped intermediary~hopefully not to the detriment of this case!

Unless that girl's head is blocking the view of a card swipe, I'm not seeing one anywhere on the walls by the door.

http://www.courant.com/community/new-haven/hc-annie-le-yale-missing-photo,0,2661037.photo

I know we've got places where the key card or thob things are quite a distance off to the side, or even a few feet before the door, where you here it click and a little green light turn on showing it's open, so maybe there's something funky like we've got in places with a lot of glass out front, as well? :waitasec:

ETA, in the midwest, at my university, we also had several key card buildings where there were exterior doors that opened into an interior set of doors which were the 'carded' ones. There was a phone there, as well, in some of the buildings, if you needed to be buzzed in, or something, but because of weather, they had the 'carded' doors as interior. That might be another possibility, that just a few feet inside that door we see the other girl opening, there would be another actually locked door? Maybe...?

I totally agree with your analysis of the picture.

As far as the belongings issue, I think they were in her office.
at this point ITA... they were left in her office in the Sterling medical building... three blocks away from 10 Amistad.

The fact that she left all of those personal items behind tells me she was on a quick trip to the lab to drop something off.

I bet she planned on making it back to Sterling in time to go get her things and go eat lunch....
moo of course

And where are the students raising funds to increase the reward? Where are the candlelight memorials and student support? Admin and student reaction seems a bit understated considering the situation. It's like the alarm bells aren't going off like we are used to seeing.
AMEN! I went to Kent State and we STILL light candles for the May 4th, 1970 shootings! Where ARE the students with their collegiate hope and candles? :confused: ETA: where are her parents and where is her fiance'? If she might have been kidnapped why no pleas for her safe return? Same goes for collegues, students of her TA class, etc? Is the PA office of Yale THAT controlling????? I don't see them controlling an entire student body??????

Forgive me if this is indelicate, but do large lab buildings use incinerators for animals.

It's hard to be delicate when exploring possibilities in a missing person case, Spyglass!

Since she is known to have entered the building but there is no record of her exit on the security tapes, I am surprized that the search by the cadaver dog didn't turn up anything. Surely, if she were alive and in the building, they would have found her by now. So, if there is no body and she is not hidden in the building and she is not on the exit tapes, it makes sense to consider the possibility that a body was destroyed by some method available inside the building.

There is also the possibility that the person who took her could have tampered with a security camera in order to get her out undetected. I am still a bit suspicious of the campus police. According to the article Le wrote in the Feb. 2009 edition of the school paper, crime is much higher on the Yale campus than at other comparable schools and area communities. Doesn't sound to me like the Cheif is doing such a good job keeping the students safe!

thank you again Tuba!

Okay... so someone most likely male who is "incredibly immature" and thought he had a chance with her and the the upcoming wedding made him (or her) act.

For more check out Tuba's initial post on this case in the forensic astro thread under case briefings.

She has been on the money so many times it makes my head spin.

Tuba:
No matter how we look at this, someone else is responsible for her not being where she is supposed to be.

That is all I need to know! On the JVM repeat just now they talked about how often women are stalked on campus..It sounds like that kind of scenario to me :(

I blew the photo up and the object appears to be something without a definite shape...like a bag. It is not rigid and doesn't have sides. She is cradling it in her right arm -- which some suggest may be to free her hand to open the door.

at this point ITA... they were left in her office in the Sterling medical building... three blocks away from 10 Amistad.

The fact that she left all of those personal items behind tells me she was on a quick trip to the lab to drop something off.

I bet she planned on making it back to Sterling in time to go get her things and go eat lunch....
moo of course

Absolutely......I thought that this was probably something she did quite often. A regular routine thing for her to do. That her office was secure, where she would leave her peronal belongings, much like a locker, and go on about her business for the day, going to the Armistad bldg, etc.

Absolutely......I thought that this was probably something she did quite often. A regular routine thing for her to do. That her office was secure, where she would leave her peronal belongings, much like a locker, and go on about her business for the day, going to the Armistad bldg, etc.
AMEN...kinda like a "landing pad" or "home base" for the day. I wonder what building her class was held.. the one where she was a TA?

AMEN...kinda like a "landing pad" or "home base" for the day. I wonder what building her class was held.. the one where she was a TA?

Right! These tidbits about her daily goings on haven't been "fleshed out" by the media or the University.

Hells Bells.....if this was my child I would be screaming for attention to details.

I blew the photo up and the object appears to be something without a definite shape...like a bag. It is not rigid and doesn't have sides. She is cradling it in her right arm -- which some suggest may be to free her hand to open the door.
ITA... great job

I echo suziQ again! Where is the outpouring... the candles, the family, the pleas for a safe return???? WHERE. ARE. THEY.

Does anybody remember the story form NY where a cleaning woman was missing from her lower Manhattan building. She too was a small women. It took about 48 hours to find her duct-taped and hidden in an elevator shaft. I hate to think it -- but I think the lack of video of her leaving the building is ominous. Tampering with a security camera doesn't cut it for me. And I just don't believe this change of clothes thing. Why go to the lab to do it where more people are going to see you?

Very youthful looking AP. What about the former lab members listed here ...

http://info.med.yale.edu/pharm/bennett/labmembers.htm

Good question - they all need to be checked out. Tremendous competition for grants etc. Probably the former lab members are working on their post-doc either at Yale or another University. Perhaps received a grant for continued research on proteins and metabolic disease, maybe at NIH where Annie did summer research. Maybe transferred to another team.

Is there the possibility, IF she was wanting to flee, that she could have left through a lower story window without being detected by cameras?

AMEN! I went to Kent State and we STILL light candles for the May 4th, 1970 shootings! Where ARE the students with their collegiate hope and candles? :confused: ETA: where are her parents and where is her fiance'? If she might have been kidnapped why no pleas for her safe return? Same goes for collegues, students of her TA class, etc? Is the PA office of Yale THAT controlling????? I don't see them controlling an entire student body??????

You'd think they'd at least be upset over campus security and organizing something along those lines. Has her family been told there is foul play and things don't look good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem