CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The FBI lady keep inappropriately smiling. :mad:

I do have hope now that maybe they think Le could be alive. The thing about having questioned many, many people, not just the professor seems a bit disingenuous since they haven't picked up "many, many" other people.

the at least said they saw a guy leaving with equip. i guess thats the guy they took downtown.
unbelievable they can't find her and haven't gotten thru those tapes yet.

What is the point of this press release? Seems like they are not very prepared.

how about the fact they are putting an end to the reports that the body was found...that seems pretty significant to me.

Wow - they are not even acknowledging that her body has been found..Sounds more like CYA for Yale!!!
I agree or something is very bizarre with this case.

They need to stop the PC.

LIVE BLOG: Press conference at Woodbridge Hall

5:38 p.m. | Kimberly Mertz, the special agent in charge of the FBI in Connecticut, is now speaking. More than 100 law enforcement officials are part of the case, she said. "We are not in a position today to conclude whether this is a missing persons case or whether criminality is involved," she said.

5:42 p.m. | "We don't know where she is," Conroy said. People yell at him for not speaking into the microphone. "We don't know if a crime were committed or not," he said.

"I will categorically say a body has not been found," Mertz said.

As for the bloody clothes reportedly removed from 10 Amistad St., she says, "Items that could potentially be evidence has been seized," Mertz said. These items have not been "associated" with Le, she said.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/crosscampus/2009/09/12/live-blog-press-conference-woodbridge-hall/

:angel:

The "tone" of this press conference is bothering me. It seems a little too upbeat as does the female FBI agent. I don't know, it doesn't seem like the normal LE press conference to me. :confused:

That annoyed me, all that smiling, do they not know that human being is missing, they needed to get a grip.

The "tone" of this press conference is bothering me. It seems a little too upbeat as does the female FBI agent. I don't know, it doesn't seem like the normal LE press conference to me. :confused:
I'll agree to that.

My goodness, how have all the tapes not been gone through by now? They should be working on this 24/7. It either appears they have no clue or they are hiding something. Something just doesn't seem right about this press conference. :waitasec:

Why doesn't one of these reporters ask if there's a way out of the building that wouldn't be caught on camera?

"We are not in a position today to conclude whether this is a missing persons case or whether criminality is involved,"

"We don't know where she is. We don't know if a crime were committed or not."

"I will categorically say a body has not been found."

The only way I can read that is that they still think it's possible that she ran off, which they also deny..? :confused:

Impossible. They would get their asses sued for lying outright. We're getting into the "silly season" here.
I think I tend to trust the police sources more who say her body has been found-two major news organizations have reported it- I think Yale/FBI is keeping it hush hush for whatever reasons- Id'ing the body, smoking out the perp. etc.

Watching the presser live. All LE agencies are denying she was found. Ny Daily News,com & Foxnews.com say her body was found. Fox News live says body not found. go figure...

Well the good news is that apparently a body was not found so there is still hope that she will be found alive.

I had to shut it down...Do they not know just HOW biased they sound??? God help Annie and her family if THIS is the type of investigation that is being conducted...Oh, and BTW - My son will OBVIOUSLY not be attending Yale!!! I'd rather he be in a college where the STUDENTS matter, not the reputation of the COLLEGE. (And he already makes the grades to probably attend - at 11...) IMO

I thought that at the very beginning the Yale representative said: "We cannot confirm we have found Annie's body" or something along those lines. Did anyone else hear that?

Impossible. They would get their asses sued for lying outright. We're getting into the "silly season" here.

Puffster, not unless the body was found (which now I am seeing it hasn't been) but if it had been found shortly before the press conference, then there would have to be time for the family to be informed.

They wouldn't even reference it at all if the family had not been informed. IMHO.

I don't think they found her. I think Fox might have jumped the gun and ran with info that hadn't been confirmed. I noticed they added a question mark to the article on their front page that was not there when I opened it and saw it initially.

Bless Annie's family and her fiance.

PRESSER RECAP

Yale Vice President Linda Lorimer speaking now. Saying she is impressed with LE efforts.

She has been in conversations with Annie Le's family. Says they will do everything they can to help the family out. The family has asked for the media to respect their privacy. Authorities have told her the investigation is at a "very difficult stage".

Kim Mertz (FBI Special Agent in Charge) says over 100 LE officials are working this investigation along with Yale University Police, CT police, etc. They are NOT in the position today to determine whether this is a missing person case, or whether criminal activity is involved.

Jim P. (I missed his last name) from the Yale University Police thanks all the police and FBI for their help. Says Yale takes security on campus very seriously. Says there is over 70 cameras in the area of the HOMICIDE building (he definitely called it a homicide building..I rewound it five times to double check). Says there is a 10,000 reward out there.

Commanding officer of Western District Major crime squad William Baldwin says the role of the agency is to support the police and FBI. Says they brought in canines (including bloodhounds) to help out.

FBI Special Agent in Charge is saying a body has NOT been found. No items have officially been associated with Annie Le. She says she is not getting into specifics and the items seized are being examined in various places to determine if they have any ties to Annie Le. They have not identified anyone as a person of interest and they have conducted numerous interviews. She is not going to comment on the fiancee. They are still undergoing the review and they have not let confirmed her exiting the building. Says she is not going to provide a timeline.

Yale VP is saying the fire alarm can not be pulled. It is the kind of fire alarm that would be automatically triggered. Says it was triggered because steam coming from a piece of equipment was set off.

I definitely heard "homicide" as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member