CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never seen a pc start with so much direction by LE for the reporters to not ask questions.

That is an excellent point. I'm a news guy. I was jumping out of my seat. Someone should have cut them off and shouted -- "With all due respect, there are reports out there that Annie's body has been found and you are live on nationwide tv right now, has the body been found?.

I hope that the people doing the investigation are more professional than this crew. I sense that the FBI lady is the lead spokesperson only because she is FBI.
I think so too, as she is would be considered the "highest up" of the agencies involved.
I think the smiles may be more out of annoyance than lightheartedness.

WO WO WO WO. MAJOR NEWS NETWORKS? Which one? As far as I can tell this was reported by the FOX affiliate in New Haven and there was a mention early this afternoon in a NY Daily News post that was quickly removed. IF anybody has any other evidence please put it forth.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
foxnews_story.gif

The body of a missing Yale graduate student was found, police sources reportedly told a FOX affiliate in Connecticut, though police have not made official statements yet on any new evidence in the case ahead of a news conference planned for 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
Other media reports suggest a grim conclusion to the search for Annie Le, who disappeared days before she was scheduled to be married.
FOX 61 reported its sources said the 24-year-old's body was found inside the building where she was last seen and according to the New Haven Register, bloody clothes and other evidence also was found, in the ceiling of the same building at the New Haven, Conn., university.
more at link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549527,00.html

The part that is strangest to me is,
-"We are not in a position today to conclude whether criminality is involved."

and

-"We don't know if a crime were committed or not."

How does that work?
-They don't know the clothes or blood are hers?

-They think she might have staged it?
:confused:

foxnews_story.gif

The body of a missing Yale graduate student was found, police sources reportedly told a FOX affiliate in Connecticut, though police have not made official statements yet on any new evidence in the case ahead of a news conference planned for 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
Other media reports suggest a grim conclusion to the search for Annie Le, who disappeared days before she was scheduled to be married.
FOX 61 reported its sources said the 24-year-old's body was found inside the building where she was last seen and according to the New Haven Register, bloody clothes and other evidence also was found, in the ceiling of the same building at the New Haven, Conn., university.
Yes they are attributing it to a Fox affiliate. If Fox News were reporting it, they would have dropped the attribution to the affiliate or have said FOX NEWS has learned.

"We are not in a position today to conclude whether this is a missing persons case or whether criminality is involved,"

"We don't know where she is. We don't know if a crime were committed or not."

"I will categorically say a body has not been found."

The only way I can read that is that they still think it's possible that she ran off, which they also deny..? :confused:

Here's how I take this: If they didn't find a body, they would have simply stated "I will say a body has not been found"...instead they stated "I will categorically say a body has not been found". Hope I'm not looking too far into this but the FBI is very concise with the words they choose...they take classes on how to word things in order to stay under the radar to be able to continue investigating crimes. I believe they found something but can't conclude it to be a body just by looking at it, and maybe legally they can't assume the parts are Annie until tested...then again, maybe I'm wrong. For some reason, though, I really think this to be the case...

Oh come on he said Amistad. Grassy knoll anyone?

puffster, we are allowed to speculate on things here. You know, throw out ideas and discuss them?? Also, some people do hear things differently than others by mistake...not to just make things up. Why are you giving everyone such a hard time?

WO WO WO WO. MAJOR NEWS NETWORKS? Which one? As far as I can tell this was reported by the FOX affiliate in New Haven and there was a mention early this afternoon in a NY Daily News post that was quickly removed. IF anybody has any other evidence please put it forth.

From the Hartford Courant:
http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/hc-bloody-clothes-found-in-search-for-student,0,1443333.story

Investigators searching for Annie Le, the 24-year-old Yale graduate student missing since Tuesday, have found bloody clothes above a ceiling tile in the building where Le was last seen, a police source told The Courant.

Police have also identified a "person of interest" in the investigation, the source said.

Last updated an hour ago, still doesn't reflect the info from news conference.

That is an excellent point. I'm a news guy. I was jumping out of my seat. Someone should have cut them off and shouted -- "With all due respect, there are reports out there that Annie's body has been found and you are live on nationwide tv right now, has the body been found?.

The FBI lady acted completely flabbergasted when told there was a report that a body had been found. How would she have not even known about the report?

Exactly!!! That's why this whole press conference was weird to me.

The FBI agent's strangely chipper and smiley demeanor puzzles me. Is she just awkward, or is there something slightly optimistic which they have found?
As my granpa would have said, she "was grinning like a jackass eating briars."

Here's how I take this: If they didn't find a body, they would have simply stated "I will say a body has not been found"...instead they stated "I will categorically say a body has not been found". Hope I'm not looking too far into this but the FBI is very concise with the words they choose...they take classes on how to word things in order to stay under the radar to be able to continue investigating crimes. I believe they found something but can't conclude it to be a body just by looking at it, and maybe legally they can't assume the parts are Annie until tested...then again, maybe I'm wrong. For some reason, though, I really think this to be the case...

That's why i asked about the incinerator... but none of that explains why they would say - twice - that they don't even know if a crime had been committed.

A "crimeless" accident makes no sense, either, if they found her bloody clothes.

The FBI lady acted completely flabbergasted when told there was a report that a body had been found. How would she have not even known about the report?

Yep, I totally agree. But the dramatic acting looked fake to me. Even my husband said "she looks ridiculous and unprofessional".

Exactly!!! That's why this whole press conference was weird to me.
You still got only the locals covering it on scene. New Haven is not exactly a major market. Trust me, had Geraldo, Greta, Nancy, any of the networks been up there -- it wouldn't have been the same. These are the local guys who have to cover the next town hall meeting and when the FBI comes in they are in awe. No offense to smaller market reporters, I been there.

Because the PC was pre-everything??? Pre-info., pre-discoveries, pre-body..just continued on like it was written/scheduled two hours ago...

I believe they found something but can't conclude it to be a body just by looking at it, and maybe legally they can't assume the parts are Annie until tested...then again, maybe I'm wrong. For some reason, though, I really think this to be the case...

That is exactly what I am thinking.

Police: Student's Whereabouts Remains Unknown
Evidence Seized In Investigation
POSTED: 3:59 pm EDT September 12, 2009
UPDATED: 5:57 pm EDT September 12, 2009
<snipped>
Law enforcement officials said the whereabouts of missing Yale graduate student Annie Le remains unknown.

Officials said at a Saturday afternoon news conference that evidence in connection to the case had been seized, and that the items were being examined to determine whether there was any connection to Le.

Members of Yale University police, the FBI and state and New Haven police spoke at Saturday's news conference.

Officials said numerous interviews had been conducted in the case, but that no one had been identified as a person of interest.

Video: Yale Offers Reward In Missing Student Case
http://www.wfsb.com/video/20861860/index.html

Slideshow: Search Continues For Missing Grad Student

Video: FBI, University, Local Police Search For Student
http://www.wfsb.com/video/20842634/index.html

Article:
http://www.wfsb.com/news/20875838/detail.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bloody clothes found in Yale lab where Annie Le last seen; Officals deny reports of body found
Updated Saturday, September 12th 2009, 4:44 PM
<snipped>
Investigators found bloody clothes stuffed in the ceiling where missing Yale graduate student Annie Le was last seen Athorities emptied the building at 10 Amistad St. in New Haven Saturday afternoon and declared it a crime scene.

Officials speaking in an evening news briefing denied earlier reports that Le's body had also been found in the building.

Investigators questioned a man outside her lab Saturday morning - then put him in an unmarked car with an FBI agent and drove away.

Officials would not say whether the man was a suspect or a witness. Le, a 24-year-old doctoral student in pharmacology, was last seen around 10 a.m. Tuesday at the lab on the Yale Medical School complex, about a mile from the main campus.

"[The case] is still wide open," a law enforcement source told the Daily News. "We are looking into everything."

Article:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_...nt_annie_les_disappearance_say_case_wide.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sources: Bloody clothing found at Yale
New Haven State's Attorney Dearington at scene
Updated: Saturday, 12 Sep 2009, 5:50 PM EDT
Published : Saturday, 12 Sep 2009, 3:35 PM EDT
<snipped>
Bloody clothing has been found in ceiling tiles at 10 Amistad Street, the Yale building where Annie Le was last seen, authorities said Saturday. A body has not been found, the FBI said.

Law enforcement sources told News Channel 8's Erin Cox the area where the items were found is now considered a crime scene.

"We don't know where she is," a Yale University spokesperson said at an early evening news conference.

Kim Mertz of the FBI said "no lead is going uncovered" in search for Le. Mertz said they do not know if they are dealing with a missing person or a crime.

Mertz said over 100 law enforcement officials are working on the case.

Around 12:15 p.m., New Haven State's Attorney Michael Dearington was photographed leaving the building at 10 Amistad St. with New Haven Assistant Chief Peter Reichard.

Article:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_ha...en_bloody_clothing_found_at_yale_200909121535

:angel:

Yep, I totally agree. But the dramatic acting looked fake to me. Even my husband said "she looks ridiculous and unprofessional".

I honestly couldn't tell if she was shocked or trying not to smile. Something stinks here folks....I just don't get what that pc was all about.

foxnews_story.gif

Hey Lin, I just thought of something...According to some news agencies, it was the police that were confirming a body has been found. The FBI is involved now and are the one's that worded everything so very carefully. Since the FBI has full jurisdiction over any capital crimes case, they almost never release evidential info unless it can be proven, I guess it's considered premature? Anyway, I wonder if that's the reason for the discrepency? Maybe the reporter confirmed it with the police but then the FBI said no way are they releasing that info and the police should never have done that in the first place...then again, the police never made an official statement...only talked to their contact...hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem