CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why i asked about the incinerator... but none of that explains why they would say - twice - that they don't even know if a crime had been committed.

A "crimeless" accident makes no sense, either, if they found her bloody clothes.

Maybe this is connected to the crime that occurred 10 years ago? Maybe they "think" a crime has been committed b/c they found bloody clothes, but have nothing to compare them to, therefore they can't necessarily inform that a crime has been committed. idk, just a brainfart :)
and I think I'm wrong now about the guy saying "homicide". I'm listening to it again and think he's saying "Amistad" but I have homicide in my head...so maybe that's why I thought he said it? good gosh!

FWIW, I live in CT. Channels 3 and 8 are generally well respected for investigative journalism. I'm not as familiar with 61 and can't say one way or the other about them - I usually watch 3 or 8.

After the press conf ended, wtnh (local fox affiliate) continued with sound/audio. The female reporter shown above (post 539 by dear Angel) was talking to the studio and said, emphatically: "I TOLD YOU there was no body found!" They continued to show her as she waited over a minute to do the live report.

Yes, and if they had behaved more professionally, we probably wouldn't be so skeptical about their honesty and motives.

My son just confirmed that they haven't confirmed that those were her clothes, so their words make more sense to me now, at least.

That's so true. I wouldn't have a problem with there being no information given out at the press conference. But I do have a problem with the condescension, the smiling, and the admonishment to not bother LE with questions about the case.

Yes, they can, and do it all the time. It is a method to protect them legally from premature disclosure.

We always hear from LE when a body is found but they will not usually reveal the identity even if they know for sure who it is..Is this what you mean by premature disclosure? If so, I clearly get it..If not, I def do not! :confused:

FBI: Items seized in Annie Le's disappearance
25 min 12 sec ago
<snipped>
Authorities reported on Saturday evening that items had been seized in the search for Yale University graduate student Annie Le.

FBI spokeswoman Kim Mertz told reporters that a body had not been found, but that investigators were analyzing the seized items to determine if they had any connection to the case.

"I will categorically say a body has not been found," Mertz said. "All I will say is items that could potentially be evidence have been seized. None have yet been associated with Annie Le."

Authorities have not found record of Le leaving the building, despite about 74 surveillance cameras covering the complex.

"The last video clip we have her entering the Amistad building," Mertz said. "We are still undergoing the review. We have not yet confirmed an exit."

"I do not know whether it is definitive whether she has left the building," Mertz said.

VIDEO~ NEW ENGLAND: FBI: Items seized in Annie Le's disappearance
http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-England/2009/09/12/FBI-Items-seized-in-Annie/1252793707.html

Article:
http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-England/2009/09/12/FBI-Items-seized-in-Annie/1252793707.html

:angel:

OK, but the FBI acting so strange and unprofessional???

She shouldn't have been smiling....and they should have realized the reports were out there...and should have stepped up to the microphone with a stern face and said NO BODY HAS BEEN FOUND. imho.

FWIW, I live in CT. Channels 3 and 8 are generally well respected for investigative journalism. I'm not as familiar with 61 and can't say one way or the other about them - I usually watch 3 or 8.

WFSB for sure. But WTNH missed the ball on this one also. Which begs the question who and why would a source put out that bad information?

That's so true. I wouldn't have a problem with there being no information given out at the press conference. But I do have a problem with the condescension, the smiling, and the admonishment to not bother LE with questions about the case.

Who was that lady (I didn't catch her name, I watched in real time on HLN as it played).? If she is LE/FBI she really needs to take communications with the media 101 again. :sarcastic:

WFSB for sure. But WTNH missed the ball on this one also. Which begs the question who and why would a source put out that bad information?

Not sure it's bad info - just not what the FBI wants out there....

I got mine from Comcast, but NY Daily News & Fox, CNN started then said nothing more and retracted a bit. I stand by what I said and do believe they wouldn't have reported a body was found if "something" wasn't found. I believe the police were premature in disclosing this information and the FBI countered with their statement of "categorically" saying a "body" has "not" been found. There is still an unsolved murder which took place 10 years ago, at Yale, so maybe they think the cases "could" be linked so they are disclosing information as they deem fit. I have to say, as mad as it makes me as a citizen, I'm glad the FBI is handling it this way. I just wish they would have worded it differently, if this is even the case, to protect the people of New Haven if anything. kwim?

Comcast? That's a cable provider. Like saying DIRECTV is reporting something. Sorry, this was reported by a couple of locals and the Daily News for a short time. NO NEWS NETWORKS, not FOX NEWS and certainly not CNN. Re-reporting what someone else is saying is not REPORTING.

Fox News: Q was asked if LE would LIE to public (re:body) & guest said it was extremely risky & LE rarely will LIE to the public/media..The guest saw the presser & his impression is this is not what happened.

I feel bad for the LE family to hear that a body and bloody clothes were found if they weren't. IMO

Not sure it's bad info - just not what the FBI wants out there....

But you're not saying that her body has been found and they are purposely lying by saying that her body was found, are you. Can you imagine...the FBI telling people that the woman is still missing and all that goes with that, people looking our for her, students not knowing the facts on campus. LE can withhold information, they do that all the time, but the legal and public relations problems that LE would have if this lie was told would be monumental, bigger than the story itself.

What if they found clothes belonging to Annie, that were not blood stained and they believe she staged this and is safe? I'm just throwing this out there in light of the "happy" mood expressed by LE at the pc.

Fox News: Q was asked if LE would LIE to public (re:body) & guest said it was extremely risky & LE rarely will LIE to the public/media..The guest saw the presser & his impression is this is not what happened.
Thank you.

What if they found clothes belonging to Annie, that were not blood stained and they believe she staged this and is safe? I'm just throwing this out there in light of the "happy" mood expressed by LE at the pc.
So let everybody think a killer may be on the loose when in fact they KNOW that a killer is NOT on the loose. Also they specifically said (and they didn't give many specifics) that they don't believe she is a runaway bride.

Who was that lady (I didn't catch her name, I watched in real time on HLN as it played).? If she is LE/FBI she really needs to take communications with the media 101 again. :sarcastic:

There were two inappropriately smiling women: Linda Lorimer, Vice-President at Yale University, and FBI Special Agent, Kim Mertz (from AngelWhoCares link below.)

Both acted as if they were introducing Chamber of Commerce members to a group of children.

Apparently they do animal testing on site - if the body was burned or put into acid, it's possible there might be bone/tooth remains not immediately identifiable as human.

A guest (?) on Fox News was just asked if chemicals from the lab could have been used to dispose of the body & he said it takes so much to actually do that (more then ppl think) he didnt believe that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79