CT- Annie Le, 24, Yale Student, Missing 9/8/09 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless that girl's head is blocking the view of a card swipe, I'm not seeing one anywhere on the walls by the door.

http://www.courant.com/community/new-haven/hc-annie-le-yale-missing-photo,0,2661037.photo

I work for the University of California in Berkeley, and although it is probably different at Yale, I thought I might be able to shed a little light on this subject.

Most of the common buildings, buildings where classes are held are unlocked all day or until 6pm or 7pm whenever the last classes take place. After that, you need a key card to enter the buildings. As for the labs here on my campus, common labs are sometimes unlocked during the day, but certain labs require key card access or you have to knock on the door to have someone let you in.

Hope that shed a little light, I wish we could learn the rules or practices of Yale though.

Thanks nursebeeme

She has a great smile and she is so petite! Ugghh, I am thinking she would be easy to overcome if attacked.

How many people were in that building at the same time? They said they were going over the footage from the cameras frame by frame looking for her. That leads me to believe there must have been a lot of people on that footage.

I hear ya crocus! There certainly were a lot of cameras on and around the lab building! One link I posted upstream said 75!

~IF she were carrying mice... I wonder if there is a certain place in the building where they keep all of the animals and where it is in relation to her lab space....

~given the PETA issues/security needed for lab animals I would think they would be in a locked area thusly perhaps where she keyed in? Just a thought

Well, here's a question. Where does this department usually get their mice, or for that matter, any of the animals they use? Do they breed them? Order them from somewhere?

~IF she were carrying mice... I wonder if there is a certain place in the building where they keep all of the animals and where it is in relation to her lab space....

~given the PETA issues/security needed for lab animals I would think they would be in a locked area thusly perhaps where she keyed in? Just a thought

I would be surprised if she was carrying the lab animals involved in her research, especially on a walk outside. Once they are contaminated, so is the research. Annie's dissertation topic is proteins involved in metabolic disease - in particular, diabetes. Can't figure out why she would expose her lab animals to unknowns.

This link is supposed to be her face book im imagining, but its gone if it is.
Why would someone do that , It doesnt make sense...unless it was LE , and I cant imagine them taking it down. Or it could have been someone with access to her account and maybe knows shes not going to be using it anymore :((
I mean she hasnt been missing long enough for anyone to just start wiping her existence away....

Tuba posted the chart on Annie, not good news,

Hi Everyone,

FWIW,

A comment was left by a friend at the link below saying that Annie was known to transport mice between her lab and the building she disappeared in. It's possible that she could be the target of an animal rights activist, but they aren't common around Yale.

Is it possible it was mice in a cage covered over with a blanket when she was seen on camera and not papers???

Thanks for all the great updates.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/crossc...log-updates-annie-les-disappearance/comments/

#2 By A Friend 11:18p.m. on September 10, 2009
She works on phosphotases in Anton Bennetts lab. She is known to transport mice between her lab and the building she disappeared in. It's possible that she could be the target of an animal rights activist, but they aren't common around Yale.

But her lab was in the building she disappeared in so what is this friend talking about? :confused:

Well, here's a question. Where does this department usually get their mice, or for that matter, any of the animals they use? Do they breed them? Order them from somewhere?

I used to work in a medical school in a major US city. We had to have ID to show the security guards at every entrance to the bldg. The security guards were on duty 24/7.

We would order mice and other small rodents from companies that specifically breed them for research purposes. Other animals would come from the humane society that were going to be euthanized.

I would be surprised if she was carrying the lab animals involved in her research, especially on a walk outside. Once they are contaminated, so is the research. Annie's dissertation topic is proteins involved in metabolic disease - in particular, diabetes. Can't figure out why she would expose her lab animals to unknowns.

I agree, I cant imagine why she would be removing animals from the lab.

Annie's disappearance is being discussed on Nancy Grace's show now. :)

SuziQ, it is interesting that you should mention that, as I too have felt there is something odd with all the scientists going missing. Even the computer scientists, such as Jim Grey. Very odd!
You know, there have been alot of biologists and biochemists that have disappeared or met with foul play in the past decade. Two from Harvard, and one from inside the Salt Lake City airport the lady in the NJ watertank. Not saying this has to do with anything. It just strikes me as odd.

Don Wiley
Now Memphis police are exploring several theories involving suicide, robbery and murder. They also wonder if the disappearance could be connected to his expertise.
Wiley is seen as one of the world's leading researchers of deadly viruses, including HIV and the Ebola virus.
http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/11/28/missing.scientist/index.html

Police on Saturday identified a body discovered in the Mississippi River this week as that of a Harvard University biochemist, missing for more than a month. More at link:
http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/12/22/missing.scientist/

Margie Profet
The most striking thing about biologist Margie Profet used to be her unconventional theories about evolution and pregnancy, conceived as she surfed the perilous waters of academe with neither tenure track nor PhD.
Now, more than 15 years after she made headlines as a young scientific “It Girl,” the most striking thing about Profet is how her life suddenly stopped. One day she was at Harvard University and the next day she wasn't. The prodigal prodigy vanished into thin air, disappeared without a trace. More at link:
http://blogs.discovery.com/news_animal/2009/06/scientist-disappears-without-a-trace.html

True, and a lousy $10,000 reward too!

What kind of crap does this VERY expensive university even think they can get away with this. Now if she disappeared in her car off campus, I could see. But Yale is really minimizing that the LAST known appearance was INSIDE their building...I hope Annie Le's family starts speaking out! Gosh this makes me grrrrr!

From what I understood from prior posts, she worked in two different labs.
#2 By A Friend 11:18p.m. on September 10, 2009
She works on phosphotases in Anton Bennetts lab. She is known to transport mice between her lab and the building she disappeared in. It's possible that she could be the target of an animal rights activist, but they aren't common around Yale.

But her lab was in the building she disappeared in so what is this friend talking about? :confused:

I wonder if she had any medical conditions, such as diabetes where she could have gone into a diabetic coma or something?

2 things that stick in my mind is that she studied pharmaceuticals and medical
on animals.........motive.......drugs or animal activist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel