CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, FOUND DECEASED Thread #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there scandi...just my take...The cause of death may involve a crucial or very particular fact that only the perp would know. Maybe they are waiting for DNA. No arrest - would indicate to me there has been no confession and perhaps not enough info to make an airtight case...yet. The DA has to prove this case to a jury beyond a reasonable doubt and not a one of us would want it to be any other way. A question - where did you get the info that the steam that set off an alarm was done on purpose? TIA

Hi Eyes, I'd have to go back to the first links when we learned about the letting off of steam that triggered an alarm. Maybe the word used was that it was 'purposely' done by someone.

And thanks for those ideas as they make perfect sense. xox

Hi Eyes, I'd have to go back to the first links when we learned about the letting off of steam that triggered an alarm. Maybe the word used was that it was 'purposely' done by someone.

And thanks for those ideas as they make perfect sense. xox

The FBI agent (Mertz) did not answer the question about whether the steam was released on purpose:

PRESS CONFERENCE, SEP 12
LORIMER: From the reports that I have gotten, it was a kind of fire alarm that is not the old-fashioned kind that someone might have pulled. One of the questions I had about this. It was a kind that would be automatically triggered. in this case, the underlying rationale was there was steam that came out of a piece of equipment and steam set it off, I think much in the same way we might have one of the alarm go off in our house, if you're boiling something on the kitchen stove.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: And was it an accidental stream or was it a steam that was caused by a human being?

MERTZ: I believe it was caused by a human being opening up a device that let the steam out.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: By mistake or on purpose?

(CROSSTALK)
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/12/cnr.07.html

This is probably irrelevant, but in the last thread (#5) there were a few members having a discussion about lab procedure in experiments with mice. I was reading the New York Times' latest article on the Le case and they actually mentioned mice twice, and because of the previous thread the mentions caught my eye:

Ms. Le, who watched experiments with laboratory mice at the lab building, had herself weighed in on the subject of campus safety less than eight months ago....

Dennis Jones, a graduate student in immunology, said he often saw her at lunchtime, walking along the block between her office and the lab building where she was apparently killed. Many times, he said, she was pushing a cart with the mice she used for experiments. He said it took three levels of security to get into the basement of the lab building, including two swipes of a security card.

The discussion in the previous thread was partly revolved around where the mice are kept and where the experiments are performed. It seems Le not only experimented with the mice but transported them between buildings herself. I wonder if the suspected animal tech is someone who had contact with her through the mice, so to speak.

Is there a possibility that LE has lost track of their suspect? Just wondering why they would be stopping and talking to people in the area of where suspect lives.

Of course. They've lost him!! I couldn't put it together.

yes - however at the time it was announced at a news media block "press statement" it seems rather much adue about nothing- if it is a homicide and that is the statement - Everyone with an ounce of brains already realized that earlier- My point is- it appears the police are more interested in their "appearance' than in truth- especially on the campus of the spawning ground for high profile defense attorneys who will plea mis-trial- police are forced to wear kid gloves-

The FBI agent (Mertz) did not answer the question about whether the steam was released on purpose:

PRESS CONFERENCE, SEP 12

Thanks STEADFAST, Very interesting since acc to your quote from the presser Ms Mertz said: "I believe it was caused by a human being opening up a device that let the steam out'.

It must what I read and then assumed this was a purposeful act on the part of the person who opened the device. xox

Did anyone else see this? I was watching New Haven channel 8 and then switched over to 3, where they were showing pictures and saying his name.

So is this the name of anyone who's been sleuthing for it?

More fluff - General statements such as -"This is not a random" incident...
Well dah- Such masterfully dictated tokens do little to solve the case-
More should be focused on the profile of the criminal-
Obviously the perp had one last chance to "get" her...he knew her prior to the act- Cold Blooded- he took the time to "hide' the evidence- methodical -he knew he would be seen by cameras- He knew the building in detail- all this seems to be totally un-mentioned by both the media & the Police- Focus on pressure on the criminal "perp" .... But what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13