CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, FOUND DECEASED Thread #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several points that need attention...
1)- Why was the case "treated" by police as a homicide? When it is clear cut Murder- the evidence found screams murder - not manslaughter or generic homicide...
2) - When will they raise the level of the investigation to a "Murder"?
3) - If the victim had been a Senator's daughter from D.C. it would have been automatically refered to by police as a "murder" to begin with-
Pardon me for asking but I am new here and have a keen interest in this case-
Thank You - WS & all

I dont get your point? all murders are homicides but not all homicides are murders. For example, the mechanism of death, and what you find on death certs and med examiners reports on the cause of death of executed criminals is "homicide."

homicide refers to the causal force. Murder is a generic term. if it is an illegal homicide (and not all are, for example executed criminals and our own servicemen and those of our enemies legal deaths in battle are homicides) then it is a murder investigation.

but you are making a tempest in a teapot and really something that has no distinction. Police, reporters, an people here use the terms interchangeably -- don't attribute a political meaning.

I don't think the language used would be any different if it was a "Senator's daughter."

Did the police use the term manslaughter as you imply? I don't see it. So why say they did?

As far as the "evidence screaming" murder, if by that you mean first degree murder vs second degree or third degree (usually what one means by manslaughter -- the "evidence screams" no such thing.

That evidence will depend on many unknowns at this point., First degree murder demands some planning. Even of the suspect asked the victim to meet him that is not what is meant by planning. he had to be planning to kill her. We have no idea if he was lovestruck, asked her not to marry the other guy and then cracked. that isn't first degree murder. Even third degree murder (manslaugher) is also a possible for all we know.

I had to hurry & logon. I was watching HLN and the reporter said that Annie was hardly ever in the Amistad Building, she only went there when she had work involving animals (mice). This reporter said she was informed that Annie did most of her research at Sterling. This is completely opposite, absolutely opposite, what was reported earlier...and on various occasions, by someone that knew Annie. What would be the reason for discrepancy? I can't help but wonder if the reporter is incorrect in her reporting? Annie's work involved mice, therefore she would need to be in the Amistad building. Man, I'm really confused.

I'd go with the friend. The reporters do not understand how research works and they're making a mess of it. The reporter is correct- she would only go there to work with her animals, but the reporter can't know how often or how long. The reporter was probably informed that Annie's "lab" was in Sterling and she's filling in on her own with what she thinks she knows. Unfortunately this will be picked up by the rest of them and will be established fact in one hour from now.

Have I mentioned I really, really dislike the media?

So a person is forced to ask ...the "WHY" question , why did he do it?
Motive....? This is where my interest is focused- not in announcing that a chopped up body in a wall is a homicide... all too obvious and a waste of tax payers money -
The Perp is now on the "run" so to spaek, knowing the clock is ticking -What was the motivation..? Passion , unrequitted love ? racial rage ? These are key questions to unravel the crime-

the body isn't choppped up. people made that assumption because of it being in a wall and knowing nothing about scientific facilites. in these type of facilities there are huge access panels and access areas for wiring, cabling cooling ductwork and even as lines that you could put three or four intact bodies "in a wall."

Ironic his fiance talks about how naive he is about people. People were probably naive about him.

At work - don't have time to catch up on all your work here today.

I just want to throw out there that Wesleyan University is in Middletown Connecticut and that 5 years of living there is is close to the time one might be in Middleton to get an undergraduate degree.

Middleton is also very close geographically to New Haven.

Gotta run.

Have Fun trying to beat the press!

Unless we find out the fiance is involved....she should be considered an innocent party in this IMO.

I'd go with the friend. The reporters do not understand how research works and they're making a mess of it. The reporter is correct- she would only go there to work with her animals, but the reporter can't know how often or how long. The reporter was probably informed that Annie's "lab" was in Sterling and she's filling in on her own with what she thinks she knows. Unfortunately this will be picked up by the rest of them and will be established fact in one hour from now.

"I’ve never seen a bunch of people so out of control in my life,” he said, his head shaking."

NBC Producer Trampled At Annie Le “Briefing”

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/nbc_producer_tr.php#017048more

Ironic his fiance talks about how naive he is about people. People were probably naive about him.

Remembering Toi's description of her ex.This is so similar. Again,just chilling.
Thank you again,Toi,for sharing that.
Can't repeat the Astro thread stuff here,but after reading this fiance's description I encourage everyone to read Tuba's description of the likely perp.

Lab tech 'suspect in bride-to-be killing'
<snipped>
An infatuated laboratory technician has reportedly emerged as the chief suspect in the US slaying of a doctoral student at an Ivy League university.

The Yale technician conducted animal testing at the building where Annie Le's body was found stuffed into a wall duct on Sunday, the New Haven Register reports.

The technician also failed a FBI lie detector test before refusing to answer further police questions, the report said.

The man was said to have an "unrequited love interest" in the 24-year-old bride-to-be, who was to be married to her long-time sweetheart at the weekend.

Those people were being closely monitored as the investigation continued, he said.

Police have said that no students are being considered suspects.

Article:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/863632/lab-tech-suspect-in-bride-to-be-killing

:angel:

sleuthymama, Toi - looks like we were on the right track with this one...

May Annie RIP :rose:

I had to hurry & logon. I was watching HLN and the reporter said that Annie was hardly ever in the Amistad Building, she only went there when she had work involving animals (mice). This reporter said she was informed that Annie did most of her research at Sterling. This is completely opposite, absolutely opposite, what was reported earlier...and on various occasions, by someone that knew Annie. What would be the reason for discrepancy? I can't help but wonder if the reporter is incorrect in her reporting? Annie's work involved mice, therefore she would need to be in the Amistad building. Man, I'm really confused.

This goes with my first post today.

Unless we find out the fiance is involved....she should be considered an innocent party in this IMO.

Right now I consider her another victim in this tragedy.

Labrat, you should be proud of me. If this is the guy, he's been my guy since yesterday! I stuck to my guns and I was right...and so were you...the police were using the title Lab Tech loosely, hense the confusing discussion...but this is the exact same guy I was talking about! Although right now, I think it's only CBS running the story, so I'm reluctant a tiny bit, but I swear I think it's him. I think he's the suspect! and if he's really guilty...then I was right all along...I'm patting myself on my back...

Please laugh...just a tiny snicker:)

You're right SuziQ! ...thinking of our own sleuth Toi, who shared her personal harrowing story about her ex and also thinking of the fiance of the Craigslist killer, and thinking about my own experience. It's is unfair to make assumptions about someone's involvement when their only guilt would be falling victim to falling for someone who's a sneaky deceptive criminal minded narcissist.

I don't think any of our sleuths actually posted the pic for reasons other than to share images of the POI but we shoud be careful. thanks for the reminder.

sm

still in any event (not to be distracted by details) it all goes to evidence of perp's attempt to hide his deed ( Oh we don't know if it is a "he") - again focus on the mind of the perp- his present state ? got to be sweating right now- liable to make many mistakes , allowing Authorities to sieze the day ...
the more info announced by the media the more he will sweat - if the police are not already watching him 24/7 waiting for the word to make an arrest-

Remembering Toi's description of her ex.This is so similar. Again,just chilling.
Thank you again,Toi,for sharing that.
Can't repeat the Astro thread stuff here,but after reading this fiance's description I encourage everyone to read Tuba's description of the likely perp.

I remember what Tuba said. It does fit. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member