CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #4 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kat. I will try and delete my post. I am always fascinated by those dear astros. If I don't delete, perhaps a mod can do it. Sorry didn't mean to......I missed the memo.....my bad.

Don't worry about deleting WM. I don't think anyone has complained to a mod. Just bumped it so that we could carry forward after the bump minding the rules set by the mods..KWIM? :)

NBC News says IT IS a STUDENT...ugh
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Police have identified a suspect in the killing of a person whose body was found stuffed behind a wall in a high-security laboratory building at Yale University, law enforcement sources told NBC News on Monday.

That would leave staff or construction workers?

Hi Scandi:)

We got to add construction workers and take off students LOL this is confusing huh?

Yes, but those teams do not necessarily work on the exact same research, or even in the same lab rooms. One faculty researcher may actually have several lab rooms. Even Annie was confirmed to be moving between two or more different labs on the day she went missing. One student may be working with animals as Annie was, while another from the same team may work exclusively with blood, or proteins, or a different breed of animal that is housed in a completely different location. These students of course KNOW and interact with each other, but they interact just as frequently with students who work for other faculty members but MAY be in the same lab. The point was that a lab associate or fellow student could be just as likely to be involved no matter what department or person he worked for/with.

HOWEVER, my main point was....what did this crime have to do with ethnicity? I have seen nothing to indicate that at all.

I agree with you about the crime not having anything to do with ethnicity. However, more than one person in the pharmacology labs has been quoted as saying that the lab teams were like small families, working closely together.

cnn is talking about it now. mike brooks coming on to talk about it soon.

That would leave staff or construction workers?

My husband says also a cleaning crew. He said when he attended Yale they hired cleaning crews to work on 3 shifts, and one of those shifts was "around lunch time".

NBC News says IT IS a STUDENT...ugh
NEW HAVEN, Conn. - Police have identified a suspect in the killing of a person whose body was found stuffed behind a wall in a high-security laboratory building at Yale University, law enforcement sources told NBC News on Monday.

This misresporting CONSTANTLY is driving me nuts. :banghead:

My husband says also a cleaning crew. He said when he attended Yale they hired cleaning crews to work on 3 shifts, and one of those shifts was "around lunch time".

Maint crew i think would put it into the realm of random.

Amid a flurry of national news stories citing unnamed sources, police spokesman Officer Joe Avery issued a release Monday afternoon stating that “no students” are “involved” in the homicide investigation of Annie Le.
“There are no suspects in custody,” wrote Avery, who has been besieged by national media swarming into town. “Right now we are waiting for the Medical Examiner to positively
Identify the body.”
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/rumors_debunked.php

We got to add construction workers and take off students LOL this is confusing huh?

I am not seeing the posted information that way (IMOO)
This was the original post:

Originally Posted by puffster View Post
ABC NEWS is NOT reporting that it was a STUDENT

Doesn't this just mean that ABC NEWS is not REPORTING it, the post doesn't imply that it is not a STUDENT.

jmoo

Mike B. is explaining why it took 6 days to find Le's body. Explained why the dogs didn't hit right away, based on medical facility and tissue, animal testing.

On the semantics being played...

They don't have a suspect in CUSTODY. Easily fudged. They clearly have a suspect -- otherwise they couldn't say not a random act.

IT IS NOT A STUDENT.

I gave up on CT LE statements. Complete "misdirections". Rather than simple "no comments" we have some statements that seem to be close to lies. Not that LE doesn't have that right, IMO.

Bottom line - they know, we don't.

Doesn't this just mean that ABC NEWS is not REPORTING it, the post doesn't imply that it is not a STUDENT.

jmoo

Raeann, I don't understand what you are asking? I'm sorry.

Hi Kat :blowkiss: For sure, especially since we didn't know there was construction on site.

Last night posters were thinking a Mr S could be involved as he had a prior sexual harassment case at Yale. I just can't see that even though his quote about Bennett was quite confusing, almost suspicious. I think I chalk that up to lousy reporting. xox

Why would they technically need an autopsy to identify her. Its not like she had decomped for months.

jmoo

just posted this upstream (LE statement debunking the media rumors)

Amid a flurry of national news stories citing unnamed sources, police spokesman Officer Joe Avery issued a release Monday afternoon stating that “no students” are “involved” in the homicide investigation of Annie Le.
“There are no suspects in custody,” wrote Avery, who has been besieged by national media swarming into town. “Right now we are waiting for the Medical Examiner to positively
Identify the body.” http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/rumors_debunked.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver