CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #4 FOUND DECEASED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this one?

New Haven Police deny they have a suspect in custody. "No students involved," police say. Latest at http://tinyurl.com/ma4nl7 #anniele

The fuller quote that I read was "No students involved in the homicide investigation," which could be a Nixon White House-worthy formulation that students aren't involved in investigating. Or it might be simply an acknowledgement that no students are being questioned now, which is what one might conclude from the Times:

The spokesman, Officer Joe Avery, said the police had no suspects and no one in custody. “We’re not questioning anybody,” he said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/15/nyregion/15yale.html?hp

It makes me think its a professor because of the way they are being so flip floppy and secretive. This is just my opinion. Yales image would suffer a huge blow.

Annie Le was a part of Anton Bennett's laboratory research team.

This was captured before it was deleted from the Internet.

Welcome to the Bennett Lab.

Research interests
The focus of the research in this laboratory is to understand how protein tyrosine phosphatases function in the control of normal cellular physiology.

The ultimate goal of our research on protein tyrosine phosphatases is to establish whether these enzymes participate in disease processes such as cancer, diabetes and muscular dystrophy.

Bennett Lab Members

Post-doctoral Fellows:
Peter Burch, Ph.D.
Hui Qin, Ph.D.
Matthew Soulsby, Ph.D.
Hao Shi, Ph.D.

Graduate Students:
Fatih Mercan
Rachel Roth
Annie Le

Research Technician:
Lei Zhang

Former lab members:
Seda Eminaga, Ph.D.
Xiangdong Liu, Ph.D.
Maria Kontaridis, Ph.D.
Wayne Grant
Christina Zito, Ph.D.
Mara Fornaro, Ph.D.
Julie Wu, Ph.D.
Sivangarani Kolli, Ph.D

Change of subject, All these folks have a lot of education behind them and most probably have a bright future. Thus I profile them as not exactly the killer type. One caveat - the wedding timing is troubling.

I'm going with a maintenance worker. IMO I could be very wrong.

The fuller quote that I read was "No students involved in the homicide investigation," which could be a Nixon White House-worthy formulation that students aren't involved in investigating. Or it might be simply an acknowledgement that no students are being questioned now, which is what one might conclude from the Times:

The spokesman, Officer Joe Avery, said the police had no suspects and no one in custody. “We’re not questioning anybody,” he said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/15/nyregion/15yale.html?hp
the ny times is one of the news sources that allegedly ran with the rumor mill :confused:

http://www.yaledailynews.com/crosscampus/

I think I need some more grains of salt! LOL... I have eaten them all today with every news report I have read...

ITA that it is all in the semantics with LE. I am just holding out for the ME statement later today (that is if they decide to make it public)

Wish I could remember the name of the victim, but just within the last few years there was a murder at a university where the school KNEW for certain that it was a murder, but kept that fact from even the family of the girl in order to protect the university reputation. It is not at all uncommon for schools to under-report crime rates in order to not deter students from selecting their schools.

jmoo

Not sure I agree sniperacer, be interesting to see if one of those names is indeed the perp. But the hiding places do speak to Janitor/Mnt Person, how many students would have been in the room where cables/wiring are?

*snipped from Kiva's post

"Research interests
The focus of the research in this laboratory is to understand how protein tyrosine phosphatases function in the control of normal cellular physiology.

The ultimate goal of our research on protein tyrosine phosphatases is to establish whether these enzymes participate in disease processes such as cancer, diabetes and muscular dystrophy."

Would there likely be anything in this lab that someone would want badly enough to murder a person to get?

But the student researchers in the Yale Pharmacology Department were grouped into "teams" of a few colleagues working for and under the supervision of the professor in whose lab they worked. I think Annie's team had 5-7 researchers.

All that means is that they all worked under the same scientist, on his projects- based out of his research lab. They would have all had their own specific projects (parts of his research) to do. The research is not a "group" project in the sense that all 7 would be working together on one experiment each day.

The lead scientist would be likely to refer to his staff as my team, or my group. It only means they work for him, not that they work together.

*snipped from Kiva's post

"Research interests

The ultimate goal of our research on protein tyrosine phosphatases is to establish whether these enzymes participate in disease processes such as cancer, diabetes and muscular dystrophy."

Would there likely be anything in this lab that someone would want badly enough to murder a person to get?

Not likely, it appears the research was geared more to identify causation factors, rather than any type of imminent breakthrough on a specific drug treatment of any kind.

At this point I'm thinking the officials are just having fun games with the media. As the saying goes - payback is a ... oops better not type that on a board of 99% women.

Yep....sometimes the information would be clearer if LE just said "Stop asking questions and stay behind the tape"!

At this point I'm thinking the officials are just having fun games with the media. As the saying goes - payback is a ... oops better not type that on a board of 99% women.
fire away sniper! And thanks for that laugh. I know I needed it!:)

Change of subject, All these folks have a lot of education behind them and most probably have a bright future. Thus I profile them as not exactly the killer type. One caveat - the wedding timing is troubling.

I'm going with a maintenance worker. IMO I could be very wrong.

Is it clear that the place Annie was found in was the Bennett lab or was she in another lab or area that was used by people outside that group? He could come from a much bigger pool of students, if it is a student.

There's also the possibility that if it was done by someone she knew the perp could have knocked on the lab door and Annie would have let him in.

Here is the Avery quote. It should only be viewed in this context:

"There are no suspects in custody and no students involved in this case," Officer Joe Avery, New Haven Police spokesman, said in a brief e-mail statement Monday.

Yep....sometimes the information would be clearer if LE just said "Stop asking questions and stay behind the tape"!
LOL! Yes! They have used way too many words in their releases. They would have done better with what you said... the shut up and stay behind the tape.... oh... and "no comment"

They had said they found bloody clothes probably from the killer hidden in the ceiling-Who would have a extra change of clothes in the building??? Or did the killer bring a change of clothes??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver