CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #4 FOUND DECEASED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I agree sniperacer, be interesting to see if one of those names is indeed the perp. But the hiding places do speak to Janitor/Mnt Person, how many students would have been in the room where cables/wiring are?

Probably not a janitor. Someone higher up the ladder in a maintenance department likely would know the building layout.

Still, we likely are dealing with a planned murder. With the brilliant minds working in that building, I don't doubt someone working with Annie could have figured out how to get building plans.

Here's a longshot for ya: A stalker could have hidden above the ceiling tiles to watch Annie without Annie knowing. Someone with that kind of obsession and the will to crawl around the dark spaces of a building certainly would have known a little more about the layout.

Here is the Avery quote. It should only be viewed in this context:

"There are no suspects in custody and no students involved in this case," Officer Joe Avery, New Haven Police spokesman, said in a brief e-mail statement Monday.
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthanklyouthankyouthankyou :blowkiss:

The Independent chopped up his statement...making it look a little different. Can somebody post the Avery quote in its original context...it went something like....there is no suspect in custody and no students are involved. Different than how Independent is playing it.

"There are no suspects in custody and no students involved in this case," Officer Joe Avery, New Haven Police spokesman, said in a brief e-mail statement Monday. "Right now we are waiting for the Medical Examiner to positively Identify the body."
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_ha...e_identify_suspect_in_yale_death_200909141309

ETA -- Looks like I'm a little behind the times!

Is it clear that the place Annie was found in was the Bennett lab or was she in another lab or area that was used by people outside that group? He could come from a much bigger pool of students, if it is a student.

There's also the possibility that if it was done by someone she knew the perp could have knocked on the lab door and Annie would have let him in.

Or he could have been waiting in the shadows - above the ceiling tiles, in the wall, waiting for her, knowing she'd be there at 10 a.m. He could have been there all night, if he was concerned about security cameras.

Hiya all. Wow, you've been busy - I can't catch up with today!

I have a question:

Does anyone find it strange that they could not positively identify the victim "remains" they found in the wall, and have to "assume" it is Annie - why would do they have to perform an autopsy to get a positive ID?

Would this mean that something happened to make Annie's body unidentifiable by visual means?

Sorry, I'm stuck on this because I think that, perhaps, if that is the case then there we can toss around some pre-meditation. Not that that rules out passion. But it might expand possible motives.

Just noodlin' as usual, and JMHO.

Is it clear that the place Annie was found in was the Bennett lab or was she in another lab or area that was used by people outside that group? He could come from a much bigger pool of students, if it is a student.

There's also the possibility that if it was done by someone she knew the perp could have knocked on the lab door and Annie would have let him in.

It was not the Bennett lab- that is in a different building.

Not sure I agree sniperacer, be interesting to see if one of those names is indeed the perp. But the hiding places do speak to Janitor/Mnt Person, how many students would have been in the room where cables/wiring are?

One thing I learned from work, no matter how secure you limit your key-card access, janitors / maint folk always had access to everything.

The media keeps putting forth reports with info from "sources". It seems more about who gets the story out first than facts confirmed first.

One thing I learned from work, no matter how secure you limit your key-card access, janitors / maint folk always had access to everything.

I wonder if anyone ever put a book in the door...to keep it propped open. We used to do that at a radio station I worked at. (I know a radio station isn't a science lab).

The building opened 2 years ago to house the Yale Stem Cell Center as well as interdisciplinary programs on immunology and vascular biology.
According to stem cell researcher Diane Krause: "All research in the Amistad Building is at a standstill—even people who need reagents for an ongoing clinical trial are unable to have access as of now."
http://blogs.sciencemag.org/scienceinsider/2009/09/scientists-in-s.html

Can someone confirm...

Somebody posted a photo of a Black man with a design on his head (something from biochem) and it was assumed he was the one questioned.

Could this be Anton Bennett? Hard to tell since he is in a different position, except his formal picture does not have the design. His picture:

http://info.med.yale.edu/pharm/faculty/index.php?bioID=3

It was not the Bennett lab- that is in a different building.
Thanks. So if it is a student he probably doesn't have to have been on the list posted above.

I did check all those names for criminal convictions on the CT courts site and didn't find anything.

They had said they found bloody clothes probably from the killer hidden in the ceiling-Who would have a extra change of clothes in the building??? Or did the killer bring a change of clothes??

Animal care workers do- they do not work in street clothes. Graduate students and post docs might also- they spend very long hours in the lab. I have know some that would sleep in their offices.

Do they have to have a positive i.d. before they can actually charge someone with murder? Instead of we think it's Annie and we are going to arrest you. Or do they have to say we have positively i.d. the victim and now you are under arrest. I'm a Law n Order junkie and seems like I've seem that on there before.

She was not found in the Bennett Lab which is in Sterling. (I've posted links to the address of the Bennett lab about five times now.) She was at Amistad, so there were many, many people there outside of her small team.
I agree she could have let someone in, OR maybe she went to ask someone a question or say hi. We don't know for sure that the wall where the body was found in the basement was in the same basement lab where she was working, do we?

Do they have to have a positive i.d. before they can actually charge someone with murder? Instead of we think it's Annie and we are going to arrest you. Or do they have to say we have positively i.d. the victim and now you are under arrest. I'm a Law n Order junkie and seems like I've seem that on there before.

I believe they have to have a positive ID, can't charge anyone for Annies murder unless they know 100% its Annie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13