Identified! CT - East Haven, Frontage Rd behind former Bradlees store, WhtFem 18-28, UP10796, Wrapped in Paint-Spotted Tarp, Aug'75 - Patricia Meleady Newsome

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not only that but it likely came off the cuff for her. With cameras in my face, and the emotions she was dealing with at that time, I'd have likely drawn a complete blank! I'd like to think I could come up with something as wonderful as Mary Ann did. :)

I am so happy for the family to finally have some answers.
She did such a wonderful job expressing herself and with all of her responses to the media. It was so heart wrenching and full of emotions, I cannot even begin to imagine. I especially loved her advice to all hopeful families still waiting for answers to get the information out there no matter how long it’s been and don’t give up or ever stop. So happy to see that her husband and her family are and have been such a huge support for her over the years. I don’t know Mary Ann but I felt very proud of her standing up there and holding it all together. I believe she said Patricia (she called her Tricia) will be placed with her mother for burial. She provided her DNA and that changed everything. RIP Patricia and welcome home.

RIP Patricia Newsom and my condolences to her family

East Haven Jane DOE Identified after Nearly 50 Years Using Forensic Genetic Genealogy Sister Had Made Extensive Outreach through Social Media

"According to Captain Joseph M. Murgo of the East Haven Police Department, "Our journey began with many setbacks and challenges, but we always had the goal of bringing closure to Patricia's family as our top priority. We never lost hope and we were determined to make an identification. Once we were referred to Identifinders International by the New Haven County Prosecutor's Cold Case Unit, I was confident that we would finally be able to give our "Jane Doe" a name. Today I am humbled and honored to be able to say that what we all worked so hard on has become a reality.".

"We are grateful to the EHPD for their long-term collaboration and the trust they placed in us for Patricia's identification. The case required 2 ½ years to solve, due to the poor condition of the DNA. This case is an excellent example of the benefit of using FGG on cold cases. Special thanks go to Linda Doyle, Senior Forensic Genetic Genealogist, for her work on the case", said Dr. Colleen Fitzpatrick, President of Identifinders."

What an absolute darling. Departed the world a year and a half before I entered it. All of my life this woman was unidentified, and now she has her name back and her family has closure. I'm so happy for you, Patricia. Peace.

I’ve thought about this girl many times over the years, so pleased she’s been given her name back! Can anyone please clarify for me the time between her running away and when she was discovered? I haven’t had the chance to watch the press conference yet?

I’ve thought about this girl many times over the years, so pleased she’s been given her name back! Can anyone please clarify for me the time between her running away and when she was discovered? I haven’t had the chance to watch the press conference yet?
Per her sister's Facebook page for her, Patricia disappeared in or after July of 1973. She was found on August 12, 1975.

I wonder if her friend she ran away with may also be missing? So many young people from that era were not reported, or were only searched for locally since things were so very different back then. I remember Patricia's sister posting in her thread here. So glad she is able to bring her home now.

Do we know if the possible suspect is still alive? They were released on a separate murder charge in 2009. I believe legal name is now Samantha Glenner, but they were born glen robert askeborn
I think she's still alive (the suspect transitioned as a female in the 80's). Glenner was charged not too long ago with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Killeen Daily Herald

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back