Identified! CT - East Haven, Frontage Rd behind former Bradlees store, WhtFem 18-28, UP10796, Wrapped in Paint-Spotted Tarp, Aug'75 - Patricia Meleady Newsome

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we believe that, according to Namus, there are only 5 unidentified females in Maine? On the Doe Network non mentioned.

There is this UID. Not much to go on, comparison is impossible, maybe only with DNA. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

February 15, 1983
Location Found: Wells, Maine (York County)
Race / Ethnicity: Uncertain
No PMI
Late Teen/Young Adult
Partial mandible found washed up on Wells Beach

and this one The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) Also no chance to comparison other then DNA.
August 19, 2008
Location Found: Scarborough, Maine (Cumberland County)
Race / Ethnicity: Uncertain
No PMI
Adult
Business owner was doing excavation work and unearthed two human skulls.

The girlfriend from Maine is interesting. They supposedly "ran away" together. The other narrative is that the friend's family lived in Maine and that's why Patricia could have moved there with her. Does anybody in Patricia's family remembers a name or part of a name? Did she mentioned something about it in letters? I wonder if she is also missing. I hope this woman, or anybody else who does remember those days, checks in on the missing FB page for Patricia FindPatriciaNewsom | Facebook

Sorry for saying but I think step-mom should dig deeper and do a bit more soul searching.

A very interesting candidate: Cheshire County Jane Doe 1974

Jane Doe: 5'3" vs. Newsome: 5'5"-5'9"
Jane Doe: Dark to reddish hair vs. Newsome: Red/Auburn
Jane Doe: 19-30 years old vs. Newsome: 17 years old in 1974

Another interesting detail: Jane Doe had a silver ring, but its stone was missing. Patricia had a ring that said "Cecilian Academy 1952" with a blue stone.

I wonder, if they had dug up a female, and they did a DNA test, they would be looking in the complete wrong direction. How many has that happened to before?

Quote about Patricia from the woman next to the post:

"Laugh in a rainstorm, walk barefoot, smell flowers"

I apologize for not knowing who the woman was as I dropped in after it started. Might have been her mother, but if it is, she looks great for her age!!!

RIP Patricia!
That was her sister Mary Ann at the podium who said that about Patricia. What a wonderful way to be remembered.

That was her sister Mary Ann at the podium who said that about Patricia. What a wonderful way to be remembered.
Not only that but it likely came off the cuff for her. With cameras in my face, and the emotions she was dealing with at that time, I'd have likely drawn a complete blank! I'd like to think I could come up with something as wonderful as Mary Ann did. :)

I am so happy for the family to finally have some answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back