CT CT - Janice Pockett, 7, Tolland, 26 July 1973

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe I was molested by a neighbor when I lived in Tolland. Everybody said he was my best friend, a grown man. We used to ride bikes together. I am guessing that Janice disappeared very soon after we moved to Dallas. She and I do have similar facial structure, both had shorter brown hair and were the same age. I remember him driving a heating oil truck, so he would be very familiar with the area and wouldn't cause suspicion. She may have recognized him if he had made oil deliveries to your house. I often wonder if he may have happened upon her and was reminded of me. What do you think? Am I making sense?

I suggest that you contact the Law Enforcement Authorities in charge of this case with your information. It could be a viable lead for them.

bumping for Janice still no new leads or any new news

A remote viewing was recently completed on .com (missing persons section, case #560). If someone could post a link I'd appreciate it (I don't know how to do it!).
I'm not sure what I think about it, but it's interesting.

A remote viewing was recently completed on .com (missing persons section, case #560). If someone could post a link I'd appreciate it (I don't know how to do it!).
I'm not sure what I think about it, but it's interesting.

here is the link i was the one who sent him the info to do the RV i had heard he had predicted some stuff about other missing persons and thought he might be able to help if you think this might be worth looking into contact tolland pd to see if they have heard of him he might have some info worth looking into
http://www..com/MISSING/publicr/560.htm

that should pull up her rv

Thanks for the link, Smile.
Has this person (Brian) actually helped solve missing persons cases or homicides before?
I don't know if any of this info is important or not. I know that Janice did not have any 13-year old male friends; however there were teenage boys in our neighborhood. There were some that used to get into some trouble too, but I don't know how serious.
I don't think a teenager could manage to dispose of a body without some help.
Does anyone else have any thoughts?

i am not sure if he has but i know some of the things in his dreams were real shawn hornbreck i think thats how u spell it was taken from his home a few years ago he was recently found alive a few months ago the guy that kidnapped him just a few months ago took another child they both were found safe Brian had did an rv on them and some of the stuff was true

Bumping for Janice. Wondering if nrob has anything to report........

i wanted to contact le with brians findings but i am afraid they might just pay no attention to the email. i was in Tolland back in September we had to go to this used car repair junk lot place i cannot think of the name of it. we had to clean out my dads jeep that had been totaled when my brother was riding it home from boston. what i noticed from what little i saw was that it is very woody areas. i wish we would have had more time as i would have liked to explore more of tolland and the area she went missing

i wanted to contact le with brians findings but i am afraid they might just pay no attention to the email.

Probably rightly so. It appears that Brian genuinely believes in his visions but the state of mind he describes is not that uncommon. It's called hypnagogia or hypnagogic state and occurs during the transitional stage between sleep and wake when the body is already "asleep" (muscle tonus no longer maintained by the brain) but the brain is still aware of its surroundings. In most people this stage lasts but a few seconds and is not recorded by the memory but in a relatively high number of individuals it can last many minutes especially once they learn to exercise some form of control over it.

It relates to lucid dreaming, a dream in which the dreamer is aware that he or she is dreaming and is able to 'direct' their dream to a certain degree. In this state the subject is very vulnerable to auto-suggestion because the brain areas that control judgment and logic, which usually filter sensory input, are dormant. But the 'visions' one experiences in that state are built from material already in the brain, they don't just come from the outside using 'psychic channels'. What I think happened in the present case is that Brian 'saw' a scenario that could have reflected what he believed could have happened, but wasn't aware that he had this theory floating around in his head.

The woods, cardboard box, teenage boy abducting little girl, etc. sounded vaguely familiar to me, as if I had seen something similar in a movie or book but just couldn't remember the details. I think this is what may have happened with Brian. That said the scenario shouldn't be discarded because Brian's 'vision' came from something unrelated he's seen or heard of, which at least indicates that it's statistically possible things may have gone down in a manner similar to what he describes. True, teenagers rarely get away with a serious crime because they lack foresight and knowledge of investigative work (they don't know how police investigate crimes, while experienced adult criminals often do to varying degrees), but even teens sometime evade detection by sheer luck or because of a misdirected investigation where LE locks on one type of suspect exclusively, in this case suspected adult child molesters.

Kind of pulling things from different areas together here. "Brian" had a vision that she was taken to the woods by a 13 year old boy. The Charley Project lists Nathaniel Bar-Jonah as a possible suspect in her case. He would have been 14 at the time but was in the area and had a violent past. I'm not saying that this means anything, just kind of trying to pull things together a little bit.

pockett_janice.jpg
pockett_janice_ap.jpg

Missing Since: July 26, 1973 from Tolland, Connecticut
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: October 15, 1965
Height and Weight: 4'0, 65 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Pockett has a gap between her front teeth.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: Navy blue shorts with an imprinted design and a blue and white-striped jersey.

Details of Disappearance

Pockett was last seen leaving her family's home in Tolland, Connecticut on July 26, 1973. She planned to ride her metallic green Murray bicycle, which had a bell and a banana seat, through the neighborhood to search for butterflies. She has never been seen again. Pockett's bike was recovered later in the day on Rhoades Road near a wooded area close to her residence.

Pockett was one of five people to disappear in the general area during a ten-year time period; another was Lisa White. All of the missing were female; they ranged in age from 7 to 20 years old. Two of them were found deceased years after their disappearances but the other three, including White, remain missing. It is not clear whether the cases are related.

The late Charles Pierce, a pedophile who was suspected in many child disappearance cases in New England throughout the 1950's - 1970's, confessed to Pockett's murder. He claimed to have buried her in the Lawrence, Massachusetts area near an unidenitified boy who was another victim. The boy was thought to be Angelo Puglisi, a Massachusetts child who vanished three years after Pockett in 1976. Neither of the supposed graves has been discovered.

Another twist in the Pockett case came in 2000, when the bone fragments of a child were discovered in the garage of Nathaniel Bar-Jonah, a man charged with the 1996 abduction and presumed murder of Zachary Ramsay in Great Falls, Montana (the charges were later dismissed due to lack of evidence). Pockett's name surfaced in connection with Bar-Jonah when his criminal past came to light; he had served a prison sentence for the abduction and attempted murder of two boys in Massachusetts in 1977.

Putting the possible scenario together, investigators learned that Bar-Jonah lived in Webster, Massachusetts in 1973 when Pockett disappeared. Webster is only 20 miles away from Tolland, Connecticut, which is Pockett's hometown. He would have been only fourteen years old when Pockett vanished, but Bar-Jonah had already allegedly strangled a playmate by that time. There have been additional accusations that Bar-Jonah practiced cannibalism in recent years. He was found guilty of two unrelated counts of child molestation in Montana in February 2002. Bar-Jonah, whose given name is David P. Brown, claims he is innocent of all charges against him. Authorities also investigated the possibility that he was involved in the 1997 Wyoming disappearance of Amanda Gallion. Gallion is classified as a runaway, but her Social Security number has not been used since 1997.

A handwritten list of names entitled "Lake Webster" was discovered in Bar-Jonah's possession in December 2001. Some news reports stated that Andrew Amato was among the children featured in the list, but this is untrue. Amato disappeared from Webster, Massachusetts in 1978. No one has been able to tie him to Bar-Jonah.

DNA testing conducted in 2001 on a bone located in Bar-Jonah's Montana garage proved that it was not part of Ramsay's, Pockett's, or Gallion's remains. Amato's DNA was not compared with the bone. Bar-Jonah has never been charged in connection with any of the other disappearances.

Charges have not been filed against any person regarding Pockett's disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Connecticut State Police

860-685-8000

Sister I am a psychic medium who received information from Janice quite some time ago, please email me at

angelbythec@aol.com
I would like to share this with you but I do not make it to the boards often.

I just read on The Charley Project:

"Bar-Jonah was never charged in connection with any of the other disappearances. He died of a blood clot in a Montana prison in April 2008, at age 51."

Accused Cannibal Dies in Mont. Prison

Apr 13, 2008
DEER LODGE, Mont. (AP) — A convicted sex offender who was once accused of killing and cannibalizing a boy was found dead in his cell Sunday at the Montana State Prison.
Nathaniel Bar-Jonah was found unresponsive early Sunday, said prison spokeswoman Linda Moodry. His cause of death is unknown, though he had been in poor health. An autopsy is planned, and an investigation is underway.
He was serving a 130-year sentence for kidnapping, sexually assaulting and choking a teenage neighbor. Authorities had also charged him with murder in the 1996 disappearance of 10-year-old Zach Ramsay.
Authorities said they had evidence suggesting Bar-Jonah butchered the boy and disposed of his body in meals served to neighbors.
Prosecutors were forced to dismiss the murder charge in 2002, when Bar-Jonah was 45, after Ramsay's mother said she would testify she believed her son was still alive.
Bar-Jonah moved to Montana after facing legal trouble in Massachusetts, where he pleaded guilty in 1977 to posing as a police officer and kidnapping two boys.
A later plea deal in another case allowed Bar-Jonah to move to Montana with his family.

This is the first I've heard of this. Thanks for the post.

State police were planning on questioning Bar Jonah once given clearance by the FBI. Since this is no longer possible, they plan on gaining access to any notes, etc. he may have left behind.
Can't say I'm sorry he's dead, but I wish they could have spoken with him.

Sister, I am so very,very sorry for this tragedy-I have been catching up on the chance that there was something to be gained from a disappearance in my own family-a 13 year old girl who was on a bike and taken in the 70's.

if anyone can answer this I would appreciate it; why would there be a belief that this perp (Bar Jonah) had crossed over to girls...was he ever linked with females in the past?? Or started with girls and moved to boys...

In 1974 a 9-year old girl in CT was grabbed by a man as she was walking home. He told her her mother wanted her home and that he would take her there. He knocked her over the head, but she screamed so much that he panicked and pushed her out of his car. This happened approximately 20 miles from where Janice disappeared, almost 2 years later. Apparently when all the news about Bar Jonah hit the papers in CT in the early 2000's, this girl/woman saw his picture in the paper and swears it is the man who tried to abduct her. Bar Jonah would have been around 17 at the time, but he was heavy set and probably looked older. I think CT detectives feel that at such a young age he may not have finalized his preference yet? Also, at age 6 Bar Jonah choked a female classmate, so he was capable of anything I guess.

In 1974 a 9-year old girl in CT was grabbed by a man as she was walking home. He told her her mother wanted her home and that he would take her there. He knocked her over the head, but she screamed so much that he panicked and pushed her out of his car. This happened approximately 20 miles from where Janice disappeared, almost 2 years later. Apparently when all the news about Bar Jonah hit the papers in CT in the early 2000's, this girl/woman saw his picture in the paper and swears it is the man who tried to abduct her. Bar Jonah would have been around 17 at the time, but he was heavy set and probably looked older. I think CT detectives feel that at such a young age he may not have finalized his preference yet? Also, at age 6 Bar Jonah choked a female classmate, so he was capable of anything I guess.

I appreciate your answer-thank you. There has to be some stuff on the books for this man then; some interviews with some history that might be helpful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back