CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While the Family Court file is sealed at this point, for any that have questions or curiosity about the extent of the huge file, here is link to the case summary of motions and orders that is still available.

Imo this case was nowhere near ending or even heading towards resolution. I believe JF and GF saw no possible way to have shared custody given the issues of FD and MT and the psychological damage inflicted on the children. This is MOO but I believe the case file supports this statement. So, if we see “esteemed defence counsel” suggest otherwise I suggest “watching your wallet” as he is throwing smoke or spaghetti.

I think it’s important that we have faith and trust in the jury. Clearly JS does not as he’s constantly whining about the jury “not understanding”. Not every one learns and processes information the same way. Some people are auditory learners—they need to hear the information presented in order to process it fully. Some people are visual learners, they need to see the information presented—they are the ones who will most likely respond to charts and graphs and video. Some people are both. Charts and graphs and videos won’t mean nearly as much to an auditory learner as witness testimony will. We, as bystanders (and we are just bystanders even though some have a propensity to inject themselves into cases), see things from our individual perspectives. A visual learner may feel the State’s case is lacking so far because the visual learner hasn’t seen what they deem an appropriate amount of visual presentations. Whereas an auditory learner may feel they have heard all they need to hear because of the spoken testimony presented. A good legal team will present material in a mixed media format to best reach the deepest understanding among all types of learning styles. It’s also important to remember that we aren’t in this courtroom. We only see what the camera wants to show us. We don’t feel the “vibe”. We don’t hear the responses from the gallery such as someone quickly drawing their breath at a piece of evidence. We don’t see or hear people shifting in their seats because they are uncomfortable with what’s being presented. We don’t get to see all of the subtle clues a defendant gives by way of body language, breathing, facial expressions, hair hiding, hands over mouth, etc. The jury hears and sees all of this. They even participate in these subtle, subconscious behaviors themselves. The overall feeling in a courtroom is VERY different from watching from somewhere outside the courtroom. As bystanders in this case, we don’t have all of this information, we may have some, but not all, and this information matters because it likely affects the jury in subliminal ways.

It has been stated that there’s confusion because of so many different things happening in this case amongst the players, the cars, the homes, etc. It’s been stated that we have had/made charts and graphs and maps, etc. We’ve also had the ability to research, dig for and gather information among us. We’ve shared the information and discussed it at great length. This is what we do on WS and it’s why we’re here. I think it’s a great thing! But remember, the jury does not have all of the information we have. They aren’t following the media. They aren’t to discuss the case during the trial. The jury’s experience is not even remotely close to what our experience is. The jury’s responsibility is to consider the information as presented during the trial to form a verdict.

The jurors are not to follow or view social media accounts of the defendant or her family. The court of public opinion will always be just that. It doesn’t matter in a court room; or it shouldn’t anyway. People (for the most part) can say what they want to say thanks to our First Amendment rights. Fortunately, we can also choose what information we want to receive or even acknowledge. If we find certain information inflammatory or upsetting, we can choose to ignore it.

Remember too, LE is not required to keep the public updated on their cases. They don’t have to tell the public anything at all about ongoing investigations or cases that are headed for trial. In fact, it’s usually better if they don’t tell the public much as all! In some high profile cases LE may choose to hold press conferences to inform the public, but they are not required to. LE isn’t required to create or follow any type of “inform the public” schedule or make and follow a schedule of updates through the media. LE can—and often does—choose to say nothing about a given case. It’s been stated here that LE (paraphrasing) didn’t meet their duty to keep the public informed on this case. I am reminded that LE has no obligation to inform the public. LE’s first and foremost priority in any case is maintaining the integrity of an investigation and case prior to and during trial, not keeping the public informed.

I know most (probably all) of us here at WS already know everything that I’ve just said. But sometimes I think it’s good to step back and review the basics.

I personally think this jury is going to get very tired of JS claiming (paraphrasing), “We must dumb this down so the ignorant jury can understand!”, if they haven’t already! Give them some credit, JS!

I think our “pelvic thruster” has “sway back”. Or, he’s just extra special. ;)

IMG_7234.jpeg

I think it’s important that we have faith and trust in the jury. Clearly JS does not as he’s constantly whining about the jury “not understanding”. Not every one learns and processes information the same way. Some people are auditory learners—they need to hear the information presented in order to process it fully. Some people are visual learners, they need to see the information presented—they are the ones who will most likely respond to charts and graphs and video. Some people are both. Charts and graphs and videos won’t mean nearly as much to an auditory learner as witness testimony will. We, as bystanders (and we are just bystanders even though some have a propensity to inject themselves into cases), see things from our individual perspectives. A visual learner may feel the State’s case is lacking so far because the visual learner hasn’t seen what they deem an appropriate amount of visual presentations. Whereas an auditory learner may feel they have heard all they need to hear because of the spoken testimony presented. A good legal team will present material in a mixed media format to best reach the deepest understanding among all types of learning styles. It’s also important to remember that we aren’t in this courtroom. We only see what the camera wants to show us. We don’t feel the “vibe”. We don’t hear the responses from the gallery such as someone quickly drawing their breath at a piece of evidence. We don’t see or hear people shifting in their seats because they are uncomfortable with what’s being presented. We don’t get to see all of the subtle clues a defendant gives by way of body language, breathing, facial expressions, hair hiding, hands over mouth, etc. The jury hears and sees all of this. They even participate in these subtle, subconscious behaviors themselves. The overall feeling in a courtroom is VERY different from watching from somewhere outside the courtroom. As bystanders in this case, we don’t have all of this information, we may have some, but not all, and this information matters because it likely affects the jury in subliminal ways.

It has been stated that there’s confusion because of so many different things happening in this case amongst the players, the cars, the homes, etc. It’s been stated that we have had/made charts and graphs and maps, etc. We’ve also had the ability to research, dig for and gather information among us. We’ve shared the information and discussed it at great length. This is what we do on WS and it’s why we’re here. I think it’s a great thing! But remember, the jury does not have all of the information we have. They aren’t following the media. They aren’t to discuss the case during the trial. The jury’s experience is not even remotely close to what our experience is. The jury’s responsibility is to consider the information as presented during the trial to form a verdict.

The jurors are not to follow or view social media accounts of the defendant or her family. The court of public opinion will always be just that. It doesn’t matter in a court room; or it shouldn’t anyway. People (for the most part) can say what they want to say thanks to our First Amendment rights. Fortunately, we can also choose what information we want to receive or even acknowledge. If we find certain information inflammatory or upsetting, we can choose to ignore it.

Remember too, LE is not required to keep the public updated on their cases. They don’t have to tell the public anything at all about ongoing investigations or cases that are headed for trial. In fact, it’s usually better if they don’t tell the public much as all! In some high profile cases LE may choose to hold press conferences to inform the public, but they are not required to. LE isn’t required to create or follow any type of “inform the public” schedule or make and follow a schedule of updates through the media. LE can—and often does—choose to say nothing about a given case. It’s been stated here that LE (paraphrasing) didn’t meet their duty to keep the public informed on this case. I am reminded that LE has no obligation to inform the public. LE’s first and foremost priority in any case is maintaining the integrity of an investigation and case prior to and during trial, not keeping the public informed.

I know most (probably all) of us here at WS already know everything that I’ve just said. But sometimes I think it’s good to step back and review the basics.

I personally think this jury is going to get very tired of JS claiming (paraphrasing), “We must dumb this down so the ignorant jury can understand!”, if they haven’t already! Give them some credit, JS!
Agree and so glad you posted this pov reminder.

The issue of LE and State communication has been discussed mostly in the context of having no counter balance to the extra judicial comments of first Pattis and now Defence counsel and the social media postings of MT and the Troconis crew which imo had been disinformation now for 4 years.

Every jurisdiction treats communication with the public differently and the way CPS chose to communicate (or not) with the public in this case did impact the WS threads as information had to be developed from sources other than LE and MSM but clearly they had zero obligation to communicate.

But I do think it would have made sense to reimpose the FD case “gag” in this case as there was no way to counter the defence and defendant family commentary for 4 years and I do think this tainted the jury pool potentially as there was no way that the dismissed juror heard “gone girl” in the MT trial imo. The FD gag iirc was upheld by CT Supreme Court so there was recent precedence imo to use it again to avoid so much of what has happened over the past 4 years that perhaps could adversely impact ability to obtain justice here.

MOO

Last edited:
It’s clear MT didn’t care about her daughter, certainly didn’t care about JF, might have cared about FD and had no interest in Dulos children other than for their money. I would argue that MT stayed with FD not because she was afraid (said said she wasn’t afraid in LE interview and oddly enough I believe this statement) but because there was something in it for her. Oddly enough after watching portions of the LE interviews again, I’m convinced that MT repeatedly brushes off LE statements of FD using MT and she does it over and over too and at times looks irritated that LE is even saying what they are saying. At no point in time listening to the MT interviews did think anything other than this couple is “tight” and holding together. I sensed zero wavering in MT in the interviews or even post FD death. MT IMO was “all in” and wasn’t looking back. It’s a Bonnie and Clyde level of mutual support and in FD and MT I see it over and over. It was them against JF and the Farbers and they fought to the mat to get what they wanted imo!
During MT's deposition in the Farber Trustee civil case v. FD and Fore, Atty Weinstein asked her about an alleged visit she (might've) made to a Probate Court to look at the file for the H. Farber trust. Asserting privilege, she didn't respond. I'm hoping this is a case of "where there's smoke there's fire", and there will be evidence that MT did go snooping into that file. That would be strong evidence of conspiracy IMO.

I think our “pelvic thruster” has “sway back”. Or, he’s just extra special. ;)

View attachment 482771

I’m voting for “extra special”…..you mock the issue but it’s now being widely debated on social media fwiw and general consensus seems to be its aggressive behaviour. We shall see if it impacts jury’s perception of Defence. Never know exactly what “sways” a
Jury!

The serious issue though is that he isn’t following court protocol and the way he behaves is quite different than the state. Each court operates a bit differently but the hovering over the witnesses I don’t think should be happening. Just my pov.
MOO

During MT's deposition in the Farber Trustee civil case v. FD and Fore, Atty Weinstein asked her about an alleged visit she (might've) made to a Probate Court to look at the file for the H. Farber trust. Asserting privilege, she didn't respond. I'm hoping this is a case of "where there's smoke there's fire", and there will be evidence that MT did go snooping into that file. That would be strong evidence of conspiracy IMO.
Yes, thanks for bringing that back as an issue as that happened so long ago.

When my son studied abroad we used WhatsApp. I'm sure some of his Greek peeps including Andreas were in the chat. WhatsApp is free with wifi, unlike using a regular cell phone.
I do remember a long long long time ago some of us on this thread discussed the possibility of FD & MT "chatting" via Words With Friends (when they were no longer allowed any contact) because it's possible to play that game and not trace the conversations. IDK, water under the bridge. Need to focus on the facts at hand (and sanctioned to present) and get a conviction.

Agree and so glad you posted this pov reminder.

The issue of LE and State communication has been discussed mostly in the context of having no counter balance to the extra judicial comments of first Pattis and now Defence counsel and the social media postings of MT and the Troconis crew which imo had been disinformation now for 4 years.

Every jurisdiction treats communication with the public differently and the way CPS chose to communicate (or not) with the public in this case did impact the WS threads as information had to be developed from sources other than LE and MSM but clearly they had obligation to communicate.

But I do think it would have made sense to reimpose the FD case “gag” in this case as there was no way to counter the defence and defendant family commentary for 4 years and I do think this tainted the jury pool potentially as there was no way that the dismissed juror heard “gone girl” in the MT trial imo. The FD gag iirc was upheald by CT Supreme Court so there was recent precedence imo to use it again to avoid so much of what has happened over the past 4 years that perhaps could adversely ability to obtain justice here.

MOO

I think you’re right about tainting the jury pool. It’s a big risk. Technically voir dire should weed out any potential jurors with preconceived notions. But, it can be so easy to miss the exact right questions to ask. Idk if anyone asked the jury pool about “Gone Girl” during voir dire? I’m not sure I would have and I read the book long before this case. At no point did this case suggest “Gone Girl” to me, but it obviously did to one of the jurors. It’s true we run a big risk of a tainted jury in so many ways. This is where we have to trust, and that’s hard to do. I wish there was a better way!

When my son studied abroad we used WhatsApp. I'm sure some of his Greek peeps including Andreas were in the chat. WhatsApp is free with wifi, unlike using a regular cell phone.
Ageed @Cloudydiamond whatsapp is widely popular in Europe and is used extensively by that generation when there is an international element to it. My friend sails internationally and all his sailing "mates" communicate with it.
That same age group 40-50ish inside US - not so much IME.
just imo

I think you’re right about tainting the jury pool. It’s a big risk. Technically voir dire should weed out any potential jurors with preconceived notions. But, it can be so easy to miss the exact right questions to ask. Idk if anyone asked the jury pool about “Gone Girl” during voir dire? I’m not sure I would have and I read the book long before this case. At no point did this case suggest “Gone Girl” to me, but it obviously did to one of the jurors. It’s true we run a big risk of a tainted jury in so many ways. This is where we have to trust, and that’s hard to do. I wish there was a better way!
I don’t think there was any way to miss “gone girl” if you lived in the tri state area as it went on for such a long time with Pattis before the gag was imposed.

Gag had some impact but it kinda backfired as because there was no new news the media simply repeated “gone girl” on rinse and repeat and so the damage was done. I think if the Gag Were to be imposed on MT it would have been most effective 4 years ago but now it doesn’t matter much.

I was just putting this issue out again as I hope if CT has more high profile cases that they simply motion immediately for gag so the jury pool is protected and disinformation isn’t repeated for years by an imo lazy and dysfunctional press. It’s not like it’s a new issue in CT as the circus of Sandy Hook media and defence should have taught some lessons to the State imo, particularly if they aren’t going to speak to the public. I’m just chalking the issue up to a State judiciary that doesn’t care too much about the issue for whatever reason.
Moo

I’m voting for “extra special”…..you mock the issue but it’s now being widely debated on social media fwiw and general consensus seems to be its aggressive behaviour. We shall see if it impacts jury’s perception of Defence. Never know exactly what “sways” a
Jury!

The serious issue though is that he isn’t following court protocol and the way he behaves is quite different than the state. Each court operates a bit differently but the hovering over the witnesses I don’t think should be happening. Just my pov.
MOO
Definitely don’t mean to mock. Sway back is a real thing. But, if he doesn’t truly have sway back and he’s doing this as some sort of…thing…he’s gross. I generally don’t put much weight into social media discussions. I tend to avoid them. WS is different, I don’t consider it “social media”. Only JS knows for sure where this stems from, whether it’s just his posture or a way for him to be aggressive. You’re right it’s based on perception. We’ll probably never know unless a witness or juror says something about it after the trial. As far as the hovering, yeah, I can see it being aggravating. It doesn’t bother me, though. The jury will take it one way or the other, or they may not even notice it. If he’s trying to use some sort of “Pick me! Pick me!” strategy he runs the risk of it being off-putting rather than positively influencing.

I think the Judge is giving him lots and lots and lots of extra leeway so when he appeals (and he will) he’ll have less things to cry about. I think the Judge is letting the State pick and choose what they want to focus on with JS’s behavior, and that may be a good thing.

I do have one question -- how will the State counteract one of MT's despicable comments, the one about how when/if she comes back (I can't remember exact wording), she will kill her? Defense is rightly highlighting that to show she believed the victim was alive. I think she said it to be crude and rude despite knowing the awful truth, but how will they counteract this statement? It is pretty damning because it doesn't make her look good, do doesn't seem deliberate, yet it does make her seem ignorant of the truth. All MOO.
Listening with my ear, biased to guilty of conspiracy, I hear the defendant trying to be slick and act like she doesn't know the murder has been committed. While not able to restrain herself from admitting she is glad the murder occurred.

I mean, she couldn't quite say, "that's why we had to murder her," so she said the next "best" thing.

I don't think it shows she thought Jennifer was alive as much as demonstrates the defendant felt she deserved murder.

MOO

Sadly I think we will be treated to a defence presentation possibly outlining exactly what you present as being their case.

Whatever is said by Defence there were too many opportunities to leave and protect herself and her daughter. MT stayed. MT had her support money from baby daddy and could have fled and been ok. So many women don’t even have this financial cushion. Yet, she still stayed.

We have seen zero evidence of coercive control and MT shot this down in LE interviews as saying she is strong and aggressive and able to take care of herself.

After seeing the Starbucks video and the way the couple were supporting each other at the 4Jx raid by CSP, I actually think that MT not only supported FD and his actions fully but I think she and her family actually doubled down in terms of their support and it’s for this reason amongst others that I believe a strong argument for conspiracy conviction can be made. For the past 4 years neither MT nor her family ever denounced FD. Never. They spent 4 years presenting excuses why JF and the Farber family was responsible and how MT was persecuted by the State because FD was dead and not able to be prosecuted. Not solid arguments based in either logic or facts but that is what they have been saying imo.

MT had almost perfect knowledge imo as to divorce custody situation, 4Jx ownership and eviction, FORE financial situation, GF litigation and judgement that FD couldn’t pay. And yet, MT stayed. Why?

MT seems to be classic narc who thinks only of herself, her convenience and her comforts. MT wasn’t being physically abused as she herself said in LE interviews FD treated her well. Did FD share with her the amt of money he had possibly squirreled away and that they would escape with the children to Greece?

It’s clear MT didn’t care about her daughter, certainly didn’t care about JF, might have cared about FD and had no interest in Dulos children other than for their money. I would argue that MT stayed with FD not because she was afraid (said said she wasn’t afraid in LE interview and oddly enough I believe this statement) but because there was something in it for her. Oddly enough after watching portions of the LE interviews again, I’m convinced that MT repeatedly brushes off LE statements of FD using MT and she does it over and over too and at times looks irritated that LE is even saying what they are saying. At no point in time listening to the MT interviews did think anything other than this couple is “tight” and holding together. I sensed zero wavering in MT in the interviews or even post FD death. MT IMO was “all in” and wasn’t looking back. It’s a Bonnie and Clyde level of mutual support and in FD and MT I see it over and over. It was them against JF and the Farbers and they fought to the mat to get what they wanted imo!

MOO
You know what I think? Staying or leaving Fotis was her choice to make and she clearly chose stay up to the court order to stop communicating (assuming, perhaps generously, compliance at the start!)

But murdering was never a choice she was allowed to make.

Her relationship is her relationship. State and Federal laws are state and Federal laws.

It's not illegal to hook up with her co- conspirator, even if he is an abuser. Murder is illegal.

MOO

Sadly I think we will be treated to a defence presentation possibly outlining exactly what you present as being their case.

Whatever is said by Defence there were too many opportunities to leave and protect herself and her daughter. MT stayed. MT had her support money from baby daddy and could have fled and been ok. So many women don’t even have this financial cushion. Yet, she still stayed.

We have seen zero evidence of coercive control and MT shot this down in LE interviews as saying she is strong and aggressive and able to take care of herself.

After seeing the Starbucks video and the way the couple were supporting each other at the 4Jx raid by CSP, I actually think that MT not only supported FD and his actions fully but I think she and her family actually doubled down in terms of their support and it’s for this reason amongst others that I believe a strong argument for conspiracy conviction can be made. For the past 4 years neither MT nor her family ever denounced FD. Never. They spent 4 years presenting excuses why JF and the Farber family was responsible and how MT was persecuted by the State because FD was dead and not able to be prosecuted. Not solid arguments based in either logic or facts but that is what they have been saying imo.

MT had almost perfect knowledge imo as to divorce custody situation, 4Jx ownership and eviction, FORE financial situation, GF litigation and judgement that FD couldn’t pay. And yet, MT stayed. Why?

MT seems to be classic narc who thinks only of herself, her convenience and her comforts. MT wasn’t being physically abused as she herself said in LE interviews FD treated her well. Did FD share with her the amt of money he had possibly squirreled away and that they would escape with the children to Greece?

MOO
Well, an explanation is really an admission, right? So that ship has sailed- "poor me Fotis made me," is not buying her much now. LE begged her to say exactly that in 2 interviews. Her lawyer was right there. They could have made a deal to go easy on her and take Fotis and perhaps Mawhinney down. But she didn't go that route.

Now, if she plays up Fotis' control over her, it will fall very, very flat. With Fotis dead, the only thing she has to offer is possibly body location and possibly info on Mawhinney. If she doesn't know where the body is, or is at least equally guilty as Mawhinney in re: Jennifer, she's toast, IMO.

It's no secret I believe she was in a very dangerous relationship. But what I am not sure I'm able to explain well is that it changes nothing about her guilt, or, since Fotis' suicide, it changes nothing of her legal outcome.

MOO

And let’s not forget that Jennifer went to Brown, too-she was smart…as smart as fD, but not as cunning. As his wife, she may have had some idea which way his mind would turn for his financial security. She probably knew that she could hold out a lot longer in a legal battle than he could. She even knew that he was a physical threat to her, but that was a battle she couldn’t win with him-and had no protection from, thanks to the state of CT.

bbm

Was it ever discussed here why JfD did not hire bodyguards? I don’t recall all previous conversations here.

I know she tried to keep things as “normal” as she could for her children, but she had to know things were devolving with FD. His money train was going off the rails.

My heart breaks for all the abused smart-but-not-cunning women and men who are too trusting of societal mores and laws, are rule-following people, and want to believe others will behave that way, too.

I wish they all could see what can be seen from the outside—evil manipulating takers who care for no one except for what they can gain from them. And how very dangerous the takers really are.

This case makes me physically ill.

Regarding FD controlling MT…
IMO - sure, she could have been “controlled”, I’m sure it can “happen” to anyone - however-

1. MT old enough to know better, 20 years of adult experience outside FD sphere of influence should have made her wise to an unhealthy relationship (& she seems to be an expert on “healthy” )
2. MT, I’m assuming, has lived independently as an adult for 10 years with a child before FD. Not homeless, not without support, not relying on FD for housing, food, child support.
3. MT claims she is healthy, no health issues to make her vulnerable to control.
4. They weren’t married, engaged or co-owning anything, not even a bathmat. No legal ties.
5. She had her own car, could have left at any time
7. She had not been “separated” from support, she had her family (and friends?)
8. MT had access to medical care and therapist.

He had control over her how?

IMO - she made choices, some bad ones, then doubled-down and made more bad ones. Don’t think JS can sell “control/ignorance/fear or lost in translation” don’t think jury will buy it either. She had every opportunity to help LE, but didn’t, not even a little bit.

Watching her interviews and her silly answers, outrageous detail about completely irrelevant specifics about properties and her literally banging out The Herman report “diagnosis” on the table with her hands, as though she is solving the crime for the detectives: borderline BANG personality BANG disorder BANG - JF did it to herself!

Regarding FD controlling MT…
IMO - sure, she could have been “controlled”, I’m sure it can “happen” to anyone - however-

1. MT old enough to know better, 20 years of adult experience outside FD sphere of influence should have made her wise to an unhealthy relationship (& she seems to be an expert on “healthy” )
2. MT, I’m assuming, has lived independently as an adult for 10 years with a child before FD. Not homeless, not without support, not relying on FD for housing, food, child support.
3. MT claims she is healthy, no health issues to make her vulnerable to control.
4. They weren’t married, engaged or co-owning anything, not even a bathmat. No legal ties.
5. She had her own car, could have left at any time
7. She had not been “separated” from support, she had her family (and friends?)
8. MT had access to medical care and therapist.

He had control over her how?

IMO - she made choices, some bad ones, then doubled-down and made more bad ones. Don’t think JS can sell “control/ignorance/fear or lost in translation” don’t think jury will buy it either. She had every opportunity to help LE, but didn’t, not even a little bit.

Watching her interviews and her silly answers, outrageous detail about completely irrelevant specifics about properties and her literally banging out The Herman report “diagnosis” on the table with her hands, as though she is solving the crime for the detectives: borderline BANG personality BANG disorder BANG - JF did it to herself!
And the defendant didn't share children with FD. She didn't own a home, a car, furniture -- she could've been on a plane to CO without ever looking back. The community she was so tied to (as if) would recover (as if). And FD would've gotten over himself, with AC, just that much sooner. The defendant didn't stay because she had no safe way to get away. She stayed because it's exactly where she wanted to be. Matched set of users.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member