CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this-I don’t want him to walk, just to convict her. I do think they all did what they are charged with doing. But what good does it do in this situation to use the knowledge of one player, cut him a lot of slack, just to keep the other one in prison longer. They’re both bad, but Mawhinney is worse. I will be happy with a conviction (for everything, because I think she did it) for MT and a couple of years in prison. But KM needs to go away for a long time. And-I think he’s played fast and loose with the prosecution to get out of jail, by using his supposed assistance in convicting Michi. I firmly believe that he did tamper with his ankle monitor, and meant to take off. That’s just my opinion-but we’ll see how it shakes out.
Each tampering and hindering charge carries 5 yr max sentence so stacked would be 10 years min, assuming no adjustment by sentencing Judge. I think these charges have been proven clearly at this point and we haven’t listened to the third interview yet.

The conspiracy charge is being presented and developed now and imo is looking quite solid. I worry about the states presentation style not being easy for jury to follow and the lack of graphics and video in this complex case has been quite poor too imo. But we have a good distance to go so hopefully State will focus on visuals of the narrative.

Here is the AA for conspiracy in event people want to review it again in advance of trial starting up again.

Here also is a segment from AA on the definition of conspiracy because CT is somewhat different from other states.

IMG_0997.jpeg

MOO

Worse than Fotis? No way. But sometimes people are so bad it can no longer be measured in degrees. Fotis and Mahwinney might be there. The current defendant-I agree she probably could have stopped the murder and definitly could have extracted herself from the situation.

I believe Foris had control of her, but she literally had international support. And Fotis probably hadn't devolved to physical violence yet with her. She could have sent her daughter to her father or a ski event with trusted adults and extracted herself. Jennifer pulled 5 kids out, not just one. But in fairness to Michelle, note Fotis did hunt Jennifer down and kill her. Note that Pawel G had anecdotes of workers who separated themselves having to contend with Fotis' attacking them legally with questionable non-compete clauses...Fotis was no joke of an abuser. But even when you are in no-joke of an abusive situation, you don't conspire to murder anyone. Even the abuser. Or you go to jail.

I know many disagree that she was a victim, too. But victims make bad decisions, or even criminal decisions, too. And IMO, she made criminal opinions for which she must face consequences. Even if Fotis had control over her, she had the autonomy to NOT participate in murder. (AFAIK, she does not assert Fotis had control over her.)

MOO
I agree, you're right no point in exclaiming who was worse and no one was worse than the actual killer Fotis Dulos in this. But I disagree that he controlled MT. I think that seething hatred she bore toward JD, her irrational rage and overbearing jealousy, drove her to want to see this lovely mom and her predecessor and "better" dead and buried next to the dog, as she horrifically put it. You could even see the flashes of anger on police interviews with any suggestion that JF had the family MT wanted - MT never had a moment's concern for the children's mother, not a nanosecond of empathy, just rage and contempt she trued to contain. She stoked the flames. She wanted her predecessor eliminated. I see no fear of FD in her demeanor ever, just entitlement, self-pity, and a cold heart. A woman who judges her value by her ability to lure men from their wives, wasn't that her ongoing modus? And then wants to replace the wife and erase the wife. All MOO but I think she was all in on this murder, not because she was being controlled by FD, but because she wanted JdF's life for herself. Again, MOO. But I will say when he trial began, I was not convinced of the conspiracy part - could a woman who knew and supposedly cared for the children really know ahead that those children's mom would be murdered? In this case, I now believe she not only knew, but helped plan and make sure it all went down smoothly, in their minds. Again, MOO.

I do have one question -- how will the State counteract one of MT's despicable comments, the one about how when/if she comes back (I can't remember exact wording), she will kill her? Defense is rightly highlighting that to show she believed the victim was alive. I think she said it to be crude and rude despite knowing the awful truth, but how will they counteract this statement? It is pretty damning because it doesn't make her look good, do doesn't seem deliberate, yet it does make her seem ignorant of the truth. All MOO.

Worse than Fotis? No way. But sometimes people are so bad it can no longer be measured in degrees. Fotis and Mahwinney might be there. The current defendant-I agree she probably could have stopped the murder and definitly could have extracted herself from the situation.

I believe Foris had control of her, but she literally had international support. And Fotis probably hadn't devolved to physical violence yet with her. She could have sent her daughter to her father or a ski event with trusted adults and extracted herself. Jennifer pulled 5 kids out, not just one. But in fairness to Michelle, note Fotis did hunt Jennifer down and kill her. Note that Pawel G had anecdotes of workers who separated themselves having to contend with Fotis' attacking them legally with questionable non-compete clauses...Fotis was no joke of an abuser. But even when you are in no-joke of an abusive situation, you don't conspire to murder anyone. Even the abuser. Or you go to jail.

I know many disagree that she was a victim, too. But victims make bad decisions, or even criminal decisions, too. And IMO, she made criminal opinions for which she must face consequences. Even if Fotis had control over her, she had the autonomy to NOT participate in murder. (AFAIK, she does not assert Fotis had control over her.)

MOO
Sadly I think we will be treated to a defence presentation possibly outlining exactly what you present as being their case.

Whatever is said by Defence there were too many opportunities to leave and protect herself and her daughter. MT stayed. MT had her support money from baby daddy and could have fled and been ok. So many women don’t even have this financial cushion. Yet, she still stayed.

We have seen zero evidence of coercive control and MT shot this down in LE interviews as saying she is strong and aggressive and able to take care of herself.

After seeing the Starbucks video and the way the couple were supporting each other at the 4Jx raid by CSP, I actually think that MT not only supported FD and his actions fully but I think she and her family actually doubled down in terms of their support and it’s for this reason amongst others that I believe a strong argument for conspiracy conviction can be made. For the past 4 years neither MT nor her family ever denounced FD. Never. They spent 4 years presenting excuses why JF and the Farber family was responsible and how MT was persecuted by the State because FD was dead and not able to be prosecuted. Not solid arguments based in either logic or facts but that is what they have been saying imo.

MT had almost perfect knowledge imo as to divorce custody situation, 4Jx ownership and eviction, FORE financial situation, GF litigation and judgement that FD couldn’t pay. And yet, MT stayed. Why?

MT seems to be classic narc who thinks only of herself, her convenience and her comforts. MT wasn’t being physically abused as she herself said in LE interviews FD treated her well. Did FD share with her the amt of money he had possibly squirreled away and that they would escape with the children to Greece?

It’s clear MT didn’t care about her daughter, certainly didn’t care about JF, might have cared about FD and had no interest in Dulos children other than for their money. I would argue that MT stayed with FD not because she was afraid (said said she wasn’t afraid in LE interview and oddly enough I believe this statement) but because there was something in it for her. Oddly enough after watching portions of the LE interviews again, I’m convinced that MT repeatedly brushes off LE statements of FD using MT and she does it over and over too and at times looks irritated that LE is even saying what they are saying. At no point in time listening to the MT interviews did think anything other than this couple is “tight” and holding together. I sensed zero wavering in MT in the interviews or even post FD death. MT IMO was “all in” and wasn’t looking back. It’s a Bonnie and Clyde level of mutual support and in FD and MT I see it over and over. It was them against JF and the Farbers and they fought to the mat to get what they wanted imo!

MOO

Last edited:

MOO
Sadly I think we will be treated to a defence presentation possibly outlining exactly what you present as being their case.

Whatever is said by Defence there were too many opportunities to leave and protect herself and her daughter. MT stayed. MT had her support money from baby daddy and could have fled and been ok. So many women don’t even have this financial cushion. Yet, she still stayed.

We have seen zero evidence of coercive control and MT shot this down in LE interviews as saying she is strong and aggressive and able to take care of herself.

After seeing the Starbucks video and the way the couple were supporting each other at the 4Jx raid by CSP, I actually think that MT not only supported FD and his actions fully but I think she and her family actually doubled down in terms of their support and it’s for this reason amongst others that I believe a strong argument for conspiracy conviction can be made. For the past 4 years neither MT nor her family ever denounced FD. Never. They spent 4 years presenting excuses why JF and the Farber family was responsible and how MT was persecuted by the State because FD was dead and not able to be prosecuted. Not solid arguments based in either logic or facts but that is what they have been saying imo.

MT had almost perfect knowledge imo as to divorce custody situation, 4Jx ownership and eviction, FORE financial situation, GF litigation and judgement that FD couldn’t pay. And yet, MT stayed. Why?

MT seems to be classic narc who thinks only of herself, her convenience and her comforts. MT wasn’t being physically abused as she herself said in LE interviews FD treated her well. Did FD share with her the amt of money he had possibly squirreled away and that they would escape with the children to Greece?

It’s clear MT didn’t care about her daughter, certainly didn’t care about JF, might have cared about FD and had no interest in Dulos children other than for their money. I would argue that MT stayed with FD not because she was afraid (said said she wasn’t afraid in LE interview and oddly enough I believe this statement) but because there was something in it for her. Oddly enough after watching portions of the LE interviews again, I’m convinced that MT repeated brushes off LE statements of FD using MT and she does it over and over too. At no point in time listening to the MT interviews did think anything other than this couple is “tight” and holding together. I sensed zero wavering in MT in the interviews or even post FD death. MT IMO was “all in” and wasn’t looking back.

MOO

I do have one question -- how will the State counteract one of MT's despicable comments, the one about how when/if she comes back (I can't remember exact wording), she will kill her? Defense is rightly highlighting that to show she believed the victim was alive. I think she said it to be crude and rude despite knowing the awful truth, but how will they counteract this statement? It is pretty damning because it doesn't make her look good, do doesn't seem deliberate, yet it does make her seem ignorant of the truth. All MOO.
This is how I see it-She said that to PG, someone she knew had nothing to do with the murder (she knows, because she was involved with the planning, and knew he wasn’t a part of the planning and execution); she HAD to say “if she turns up”…I think she was furious because she expected that once JFD was dead, they’d be on easy street, and now she and her daughter were in the paper. Maybe she should have thought of that before she decided to keep her daughter with her at that house….

This is how I see it-She said that to PG, someone she knew had nothing to do with the murder (she knows, because she was involved with the planning, and knew he wasn’t a part of the planning and execution); she HAD to say “if she turns up”…I think she was furious because she expected that once JFD was dead, they’d be on easy street, and now she and her daughter were in the paper. Maybe she should have thought of that before she decided to keep her daughter with her at that house….

It’s clear MT didn’t care about her daughter, certainly didn’t care about JF, might have cared about FD and had no interest in Dulos children other than for their money. I would argue that MT stayed with FD not because she was afraid (said said she wasn’t afraid in LE interview and oddly enough I believe this statement) but because there was something in it for her. Oddly enough after watching portions of the LE interviews again, I’m convinced that MT repeated brushes off LE statements of FD using MT and she does it over and over too. At no point in time listening to the MT interviews did think anything other than this couple is “tight” and holding together. I sensed zero wavering in MT in the interviews or even post FD death. MT IMO was “all in” and wasn’t looking back.

MOO
Very good point - why no condemnation of FD? Why no expression of empathy for JfD and the Farber family, the children even? MT doesn't seem to operate with any empathy whatsoever. If she had been even one tiny bit of a victim she'd be screaming to the rafters that she was duped vy a violent murderer and she is horrified by what happened and what he did to the mother of children she professed to care about. Her family would be proclaiming FD to be the con artist and controlling rain little man he was. But no, they still somehow have convinced themselves that the fault was with the victim. The only thing MT seemed to fear was losing her man, the Farber money, and the social status she never actually achieved but lusted for. Oh, and I think she also did fear being found out -- she's in too deep to be able to rat anyone else out. They set up an alibi and she provided it - what on earth did she think it was for?She's so obviously a linchpin. MOO.

He can try but that boat won't float. LeteciaStauch, who murdered her stepson, looked right into the camera and said, "when you come home...." (She also went on to say she was waiting on everyone to apologize to her but she's her own special brand of disgusting.)

If the defendant knew nothing about JFd's disappearance even, why the body language at the coffee shop? Why the panic at 4 JC? That's foreknowledge.

To me, her vile remarks expose her longstanding hatred of a woman she'd never met. FD killed her on 5/24, but the defendant had despised her for two years. IMO that's what spilled out in her gross statements, not that she expected JFd to reappear, just that her hatred hadn't dissipated a drop. (In the defendant's over- entitled mind) JFd was still interfering with her happiness. No doubt the defendant would have liked to bury the whole investigation and be done with it already.

It's telling that the defendant didn't even know how to fake concern.

JMO

For one, because I have a feeling that it’s all she’ll get; I do think she’ll get convicted on the tampering and hindering prosecution; less sure that she’ll get a conviction for conspiracy. And I don’t think that KM will testify against her, or if he does, that he will do more damage to her than he does to himself.
For another, 2-5 years in prison for somebody like her will effectively be like a lifetime; she won’t get to watch her daughter ski, she won’t be free to fly wherever she wants, when she wants to, and she can no longer say that she’s “like, so innocent”. She’ll be a convicted felon, something that her mother ought to be, and she can forever be treated like a criminal. This woman has never had any accountability, but she soon will. It may not look the way we want it to, but it’ll be a victory. We just may have to be satisfied with a shorter prison term, in my opinion.
And looking very old and washed out when she does get out…

He can try but that boat won't float. LeteciaStauch, who murdered her stepson, looked right into the camera and said, "when you come home...." (She also went on to say she was waiting on everyone to apologize to her but she's her own special brand of disgusting.)

If the defendant knew nothing about JFd's disappearance even, why the body language at the coffee shop? Why the panic at 4 JC? That's foreknowledge.

To me, her vile remarks expose her longstanding hatred of a woman she'd never met. FD killed her on 5/24, but the defendant had despised her for two years. IMO that's what spilled out in her gross statements, not that she expected JFd to reappear, just that her hatred hadn't dissipated a drop. (In the defendant's over- entitled mind) JFd was still interfering with her happiness. No doubt the defendant would have liked to bury the whole investigation and be done with it already.

It's telling that the defendant didn't even know how to fake concern.

JMO
Sociopathic behaviour imo as you clearly point out.
MOO

So agree with you on this analysis.

Was just thinking of the jury this am and I think they will see all the evil that surrounded JF. This means FD and his universe of evil friends and MT as his faithful companion and KM his dishonest atty.

Evil is one of those things that can be somewhat challenging to define but when you see an event where it is all around imo such as this murder, it’s hard to look away because it’s simply everywhere and touches everything in it’s orbit. MT imo is tainted by this evil and if she were bothered by it she could have left but didn’t!

MT imo cannot escape the evil that was everywhere in the life that she and FD created for themselves. Their entire relationship was really supported by grifting off the Farber money from day 1 as they travelled and skied the world! They then squatted at the Farber owned home 4Jx for years and saw the end of their many years of grifting in sight and had to act with determination imo. The FORE collapse was inevitable but my guess is FD had backup financial plan but this was crushed by his legal bills and the custody divorce situation that he wasn’t willing to settle but didn’t have the cash to afford an atty to defend. His last desperate move imo was the corruption of the shady GAL who was investigated and then fired by Judge Heller. FD used all of his grifting charm to try and turn things around with the discredited report but JF had the money and a pit bull atty to bury him and when combined with the GF financial support, imo FD knew the gig was finally up.

MOO

MOO
Very good point - why no condemnation of FD? Why no expression of empathy for JfD and the Farber family, the children even? MT doesn't seem to operate with any empathy whatsoever. If she had been even one tiny bit of a victim she'd be screaming to the rafters that she was duped vy a violent murderer and she is horrified by what happened and what he did to the mother of children she professed to care about. Her family would be proclaiming FD to be the con artist and controlling rain little man he was. But no, they still somehow have convinced themselves that the fault was with the victim. The only thing MT seemed to fear was losing her man, the Farber money, and the social status she never actually achieved but lusted for. Oh, and I think she also did fear being found out -- she's in too deep to be able to rat anyone else out. They set up an alibi and she provided it - what on earth did she think it was for?She's so obviously a linchpin. MOO.

So agree with you on this analysis.

Was just thinking of the jury this am and I think they will see all the evil that surrounded JF. This means FD and his universe of evil friends and MT as his faithful companion and KM his dishonest atty.

Evil is one of those things that can be somewhat challenging to define but when you see an event where it is all around imo such as this murder, it’s hard to look away because it’s simply everywhere and touches everything in it’s orbit. MT imo is tainted by this evil and if she were bothered by it she could have left but didn’t!

MT imo cannot escape the evil that was everywhere in the life that she and FD created for themselves. Their entire relationship was really supported by grifting off the Farber money from day 1 as they travelled and skied the world! They then squatted at the Farber owned home 4Jx for years and saw the end of their many years of grifting in sight and had to act with determination imo. The FORE collapse was inevitable but my guess is FD had backup financial plan but this was crushed by his legal bills and the custody divorce situation that he wasn’t willing to settle but didn’t have the cash to afford an atty to defend. His last desperate move imo was the corruption of the shady GAL who was investigated and then fired by Judge Heller. FD used all of his grifting charm to try and turn things around with the discredited report but JF had the money and a pit bull atty to bury him and when combined with the GF financial support, imo FD knew the gig was finally up.

MOO
And let’s not forget that Jennifer went to Brown, too-she was smart…as smart as fD, but not as cunning. As his wife, she may have had some idea which way his mind would turn for his financial security. She probably knew that she could hold out a lot longer in a legal battle than he could. She even knew that he was a physical threat to her, but that was a battle she couldn’t win with him-and had no protection from, thanks to the state of CT.

And let’s not forget that Jennifer went to Brown, too-she was smart…as smart as fD, but not as cunning. As his wife, she may have had some idea which way his mind would turn for his financial security. She probably knew that she could hold out a lot longer in a legal battle than he could. She even knew that he was a physical threat to her, but that was a battle she couldn’t win with him-and had no protection from, thanks to the state of CT.
Yes, so agree on the JF personal safety issue. This issue was raised in the brilliant LA testimony as she explained the number of incidents that JF didnt report to LE.

JF had lived with FD anger, moods and violence along with threats for years.

I do hope we hear from the moving company folks who helped JF escape from FD and MT. Their testimony was heartfelt and reminds me of the terror I’ve seen with people seeking to escape their abusers and horrific situations at home.

I think every time I see Defence Counsel, MT and the Troconis Crew play their blame the victim game on social media and for the press along witg seeing MT in her total ignorance talking about being in Fear of JF due to JF “mental health issues”, I am enraged all over again as most likely anxiety, fear, depression, and ptsd were just the tip of the iceberg of what a long term relationship with FD created in the Dulos family imo.

Also, as a loving and highly involved mother the pain of the overall situation with FD was imo greatly magnified as the psychological impact of situation on all the children was something JF had to deal with and see every day. We have touched on the situation of psychiatrist telling JF he was about to refer the children’s situation to CPS long ago and that had to be crushing to her especially as FD refused to acknowledge what was going on (this never went anywhere due to the murder but it was a horror that JF was dealing with).

There was no aspect of the evil of FD and MT created that JF didn’t have to deal with every single day. I have nothing but admiration for her ability to keep focused on her children and keep things going. But, I say this knowing also that the pain she felt and managed the best she could was intense and relentless.

MOO

For one, because I have a feeling that it’s all she’ll get; I do think she’ll get convicted on the tampering and hindering prosecution; less sure that she’ll get a conviction for conspiracy. And I don’t think that KM will testify against her, or if he does, that he will do more damage to her than he does to himself.
For another, 2-5 years in prison for somebody like her will effectively be like a lifetime; she won’t get to watch her daughter ski, she won’t be free to fly wherever she wants, when she wants to, and she can no longer say that she’s “like, so innocent”. She’ll be a convicted felon, something that her mother ought to be, and she can forever be treated like a criminal. This woman has never had any accountability, but she soon will. It may not look the way we want it to, but it’ll be a victory. We just may have to be satisfied with a shorter prison term, in my opinion.
Well said!

Yes, so agree on the JF personal safety issue. This issue was raised in the brilliant LA testimony as she explained the number of incidents that JF didnt report to LE.

JF had lived with FD anger, moods and violence along with threats for years.

I do hope we hear from the moving company folks who helped JF escape from FD and MT. Their testimony was heartfelt and reminds me of the terror I’ve seen with people seeking to escape their abusers and horrific situations at home.

I think every time I see Defence Counsel, MT and the Troconis Crew play their blame the victim game on social media and for the press along witg seeing MT in her total ignorance talking about being in Fear of JF due to JF “mental health issues”, I am enraged all over again as most likely anxiety, fear, depression, and ptsd were just the tip of the iceberg of what a long term relationship with FD created in the Dulos family imo.

Also, as a loving and highly involved mother the pain of the overall situation with FD was imo greatly magnified as the psychological impact of situation on all the children was something JF had to deal with and see every day. We have touched on the situation of psychiatrist telling JF he was about to refer the children’s situation to CPS long ago and that had to be crushing to her especially as FD refused to acknowledge what was going on (this never went anywhere due to the murder but it was a horror that JF was dealing with).

There was no aspect of the evil of FD and MT created that JF didn’t have to deal with every single day. I have nothing but admiration for her ability to keep focused on her children and keep things going. But, I say this knowing also that the pain she felt and managed the best she could was intense and relentless.

MOO
Remember, the Nanny even testified that she was so terrified of Fotis and she refused to be in his presence, but she had that liberty. He was a monster and she knew it. I hope the jury remembers that when ruminating on their verdict.

I'm quite curious why MT would text FD via a What's App Group chat that the State I believe said was a 'large group"? Seems like MT might just have a tendency to use shock or sex around the time of key events where she might want to distract or redirect as we have seen quite clearly in the LE Interviews.

Was this text some kind of signal to the group that it was the night of a 'party'? or was the message specific to FD and was to alert as to private celebration of some sort?

Do very much wonder if this might be the chat group for the 'infamous' parties hosted by MT and Fd at 4JX that have been the subject of more than a little bit of local gossip. State I believe covered up the names of the others in the chat group but I don't believe the information is officially redacted and so the exhibit is a matter of public record for the trial I believe.

Not an important issue at all other than to the extent it might disclose folks that perhaps were involved in FD/MT schemes over the years and/or helped the couple during the period when they were banned from contact by Court yet were still allegedly hooking up.

MOO
When my son studied abroad we used WhatsApp. I'm sure some of his Greek peeps including Andreas were in the chat. WhatsApp is free with wifi, unlike using a regular cell phone.

I do wonder if CT Prosecutors have an arrest warrant out for Andreas Tout or his brother in the event they attempt to enter the US?

Clearly seems like they were part of the FD alibi shell game along with MT and KM.

We also haven’t seen any charges filed either against Masiello or Tout for their roles in filing the financial claims that I believe to be false against 61 Sturbridge to prevent GF from claiming any proceeds on her Civil Court judgement. Probably won’t happen but both these two friends of FD helped him every step of the way imo.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member