CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is link as you get the sideshow of the L&C chat which imo has been one of the better parts of this sorry trial and frankly deserves its own Insta page as they have been hitting one 'home run' comment after another imo:

IF you don't want chat here is Fox61:

Great song and so relevant. Will add it to the trial sound track!

Last edited:
I don't think Meehan did Jennifer wrong on the stand.

I took "down" to be a contrast to "excited" on the stand. I think that's how it sounded to the jury.

He took the notes contemporaneously, it appears, so I imagine that Fotis and Michelle called trying to be the saddened victims. Fotis held it mostly, like in his 48 hours interview. Michelle lost it a bit, letting her anger slip in. I imagine if Fotis discussed this at all with Jennifer, he portrayed Meehan as taking a side, even if he wasn't. I have no idea about the extent with which Meehan was taking a side in 2019, he if was taking one at all. But I don't think he appeared partisan at all on the stand.

MOO
Maybe he is shocked at how it played out; I still think that before the murder, Meehan leaned towards fD.

Just adding another personal favourite based I think about an old Southern expression about being at the end of ones personal rope but its also a love story song too!

I think that perhaps at some level there was a love story of sorts between FD and MT (some days I think so and other days not so much). Its also how yesterday in Court felt to me but I also think it might have been how FD and MT felt with the entire custody situation and the collapse of the FD financial house of cards, "OUT OF TIME":

Here you go:
REM Track: "Losing my Religion" [FWIW I also like the cover work with the reference to OUT OF TIME which is also relevant to FD and MT imo]!!!!

Last edited:
Maybe he is shocked at how it played out; I still think that before the murder, Meehan leaned towards fD.
Agree with you. Atty Meehan was just going through the motions of his job imo and didn't realise the impact that him doing that was having on JF and the children. I just don't think he had the training or expertise to handle a high conflict case and just him choosing to define his job as going through the motions simply lit a fire imo on the whole entire situation. Its sad that he didn't have the expertise to understand who and what he was dealing with but the real tragedy was that imo Judge Heller didn't either. JF was pushed to wall wanting to protect herself an her children and has this imo two less than qualified and competent professionals to deal with. It was an untenable situation for her and the tragic results of the mismanagement imo speak for themselves and CT Family Court.
MOO

There have been so many examples of Judge R brilliantly schooling attorney's Jon Schoenhorn and Audrey Felson in this trial and just wanted to put up this clip from the other day in trial as it shows Atty Shoenhorn actually lying about what he was doing at the time (he was reading from a transcript which annoyed the Judge) and also talking over and back at the Judge. I think someone needs to do a reel of these clips are they are so instructive as to what we have sadly had to bear witness to. The infamous Judge R takedown on the issue of "Esteemed Defence Counsel" talking endlessly about the salad at the Dulos visitation at Welles and the Judge R takedown of Audrey Felson disobeying the Courts prior order on discussion of the discredited Herman report where he accused her on the record of "Crossing the DOUBLE YELLOW LINE". Pathetic to see these two attorneys for the Defence choosing the behaviour and tactics that we have sadly seen in Court:

Agree with you. Atty Meehan was just going through the motions of his job imo and didn't realise the impact that him doing that was having on JF and the children. I just don't think he had the training or expertise to handle a high conflict case and just him choosing to define his job as going through the motions simply lit a fire imo on the whole entire situation. Its sad that he didn't have the expertise to understand who and what he was dealing with but the real tragedy was that imo Judge Heller didn't either. JF was pushed to wall wanting to protect herself an her children and has this imo two less than qualified and competent professionals to deal with. It was an untenable situation for her and the tragic results of the mismanagement imo speak for themselves and CT Family Court.
MOO
Both underscore the need for intensive DV training.

The general public is probably not well positioned to spot a narc. But GALs and judges ought to have frontline litmus. Coercive control is real. Contentious divorces warrant extra scrutiny, extra resources and full threat assessment. The hysterical parent is worth listening to and the Teflon parent, side-eyeing. Things are not always as they seem. GabbyP, Moab.

IMO it requires elevated care and consideration for minors, who are least able to articulate subtle control. Might take children decades to unpack abuse disguised as love.

Court system needs an overhaul IMO. To protect the Jennifers, from every walk of life.

JMO

Last edited:
Both underscore the need for intensive DV training.

The general public is probably not well positioned to spot a narc. But GALs and Judge's ought to have frontline litmus. Coercive control is real. Contentious divorces warrant extra scrutiny, extra resources and full threat assessment. The hysterical parent is worth listening to and the Teflon parent, side-eyeing. Things are not always as they seem. GabbyP, Moab.

IMO it requires elevated care and consideration for minors, who are least able to articulate subtle control. Might take children decades to unpack abuse disguised as love.

Court system needs an overhaul IMO. To protect the Jennifer's, from every walk of life.

JMO
So agree.

But what is so sad was that the Dulos v Dulos case file wasn't new. It was 1.5-2 years old iirc by the time GAL Meehan and Judge Heller entered the mix. So much of the DV testimony already existed on the record and was clearly documented in the file and the psych reports already existed on the records as well.

YET, we saw GAL Meehan pushing for a return to visitation etc. for FD. I can only imagine what this did to JF who by that time was simply exhausted pushing a boulder up the hill in Family Court while trying to keep her family together and children psychologically intact.

JF played by the rules and had by the time of her murder solid defence support from her atty AND she had money to fight BUT, it wasn't enough to protect her from monsters who thought they were in the right and felt no need to change their behaviour.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members