CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense witness, Dr. Miriam. Northwestern U. Professor. Communication Science and Disorders, Psychology. Psycholinguist.

"The language we speak impacts the way we think". ...how we remember.... cognitive function... the affect of bilingualism on cognition.
I hope she is not suggesting that people who speak (and presumably think) in Venezuelan Spanish don’t have the ability to correctly recall and express events in which they were actively involved.

I don't think this witness is totally off-base. That said, MT has had a business and on-line presence and was the marketing person for Fore. She seemed to do well for herself. She was able to speak water-skiing language and snow-skiing language but I am sure those languages are less stressful than the language she learned with FD in moving to murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

She probably has disfluency in murder and conspiracy language which is why we saw the errr, emmmm, etc. I would guess if she took the stand today she probably has lost proficiency purposefully.

Lots of ELLs should hire her to get out of legal charges based on the stress of being a Language Learner. This thought process will transform the legal system around the world. All trials should be in the language of the accused and everyone else should learn their language. LOL.

Last edited:
SO she spoke with FD in English, correct? She retrieved in English what happened in English including her alibi list. Had she been interviewed in Spanish, according to this expert she might have been MORE faulty in her retrieval. Helpful to State. MOO.

MOO

All I'm thinking is that there may have been an opportunity for a fourth interview in Spanish. Would she remember better? No, she never suffered from lack of recall. But it would have given her an easier language to lie in.

MOO

I don't think this witness is totally off-base. That said, MT has had a business and on-line presence and was the marketing person for Fore. She seemed to do well for herself. She was able to speak water-skiing language and snow-skiing language but I am sure those languages are less stressful than the language she learned with FD in moving to murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

She probably has disfluency in murder and conspiracy language which is why we saw the errr. emmmm, etc. I would guess if she took the stand today she probably has lost proficiency purposefully.

Lots of ELLs should hire her to get out of legal charges based on the stress of being a Language Learner. This thought process will transform the legal system around the world.
I haven’t heard MT speak in an extended Spanish language conversation, and would like to know if, when she speak in that language, she also uses those kinds of pauses.

The deal would have to come from the State (or be submitted to State for review and approval if I understand the process properly) and I'm not seeing how this happens at this point.

I think the plea deal ship has sailed for KM and he is simply waiting for his trial to be scheduled.

KM had 2 long interviews with LE and perhaps deal was discussed but nothing happened and State it seems walked away from him.

Its not over until its over so perhaps State is seeing how the MT trial goes before making a final decision on KM.
MOO
Got it, thanks.

FWIW I'm ordering up a case of Red Bull to be sent to Judge R at the Courthouse as he seems in desperate need of a few cans STAT!

Guy seems like he has simply achieved maximum exhaustion level.

Still reeling for Judge R getting hoodwinked by Jon Schoenhorn.

Watch your wallets folks.

MOO

"Mono-linguals may have different memories if the question is asked the right way." ~ (sorry, Cognitive Psychologist, not a Linguist, sorry to any Linguists out there). This is an opening. Doesn't matter if the person is bi-lingual. It is asking the question the right way,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx