CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this witness is totally off-base. That said, MT has had a business and on-line presence and was the marketing person for Fore. She seemed to do well for herself. She was able to speak water-skiing language and snow-skiing language but I am sure those languages are less stressful than the language she learned with FD in moving to murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

She probably has disfluency in murder and conspiracy language which is why we saw the errr. emmmm, etc. I would guess if she took the stand today she probably has lost proficiency purposefully.

Lots of ELLs should hire her to get out of legal charges based on the stress of being a Language Learner. This thought process will transform the legal system around the world.
I don’t think those interviews that this woman reviewed were an accurate representation of how MT speaks English. I think she was using not understanding English ( aka faking) as part of buying her time to decide how to answer questions.
This woman is smart and interesting but once again not germane to this case.
Jmo

Witness has already brought up that if the person speaking in their non-native language is using errrm, aaah, it's evidence they are not as proficient. Which we all heard in those videos.
How is that any different from English speakers saying "ummmm, hmmmm, etc.?" Especially in a situation like that where someone is under pressure? Ay yi yi.

I don't know much about Michelle. <modsnip - sleuthing family> She set her sights on FD who did appear to be her type. I am not sure we will ever know that the extent of her involvement with the murder but I feel she was involved. Seemed that she would do anything to be with FD. To look at photos of her back in 2019 she looked so young and different compared to today. She is lucky to be released with ankle monitor as she is an extrene flight risk with passport for Venezuela.
She does not have an ankle monitor, currently. And while the authorities do have her passports, I don’t know if it means that she cannot have obtained a replacement Venezuelan passport-I don’t know how it works. And actually, not sure if it’s impossible for her to use one belonging to a sister, in order to get out of the US. I just don’t know if she could or could not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven’t heard MT speak in an extended Spanish language conversation, and would like to know if, when she speak in that language, she also uses those kinds of pauses.
I have listened to her in Spanish in some of her reporting and family posts on social media.

Her Spanish presentation is smoother imo than her english but her Spanish imo is FAR from flawless and she does pause even in her 'native' language. But, even native english speakers pause to differing degrees too.

From listening to her a small amount its also somewhat odd that her language choices shift and so given that she spent time in Venezuela and Argentina and Miami my guess is that all these locations have impacted what I would call a somewhat odd variant of South American Spanish.

Just my POV from listening and having listened to her language and word choice and style vs. Spanish as spoken in Spain and NOT South America. AND I'm not a linguist, just someone that has experienced Spanish from different regions a bit but my familiarity is with Spain and not South America.
MOO

How is that any different from English speakers saying "ummmm, hmmmm, etc.?" Especially in a situation like that where someone is under pressure? Ay yi yi.
Exactly and as another poster has already commented if she only had those interviews to review she was given a hugely selective snapshot of the defendant speaking English.

I don’t think those interviews that this woman reviewed were an accurate representation of how MT speaks English. I think she was using not understanding English ( aka faking) as part of buying her time to decide how to answer questions.
This woman is smart and interesting but once again not germane to this case.
Jmo
Agree. I'd enjoy taking a class with this witness on the psychology of language. But I see no indication that if your language fluency is medium, you are more inclined to lie. MOO.

I have listened to her in Spanish in some of her reporting and family posts on social media.

Her Spanish presentation is smoother imo than her english but her Spanish imo is FAR from flawless and she does pause even in her 'native' language. But, even native english speakers pause to differing degrees too.

From listening to her a small amount its also somewhat odd that her language choices shift and so given that she spent time in Venezuela and Argentina and Miami my guess is that all these locations have impacted what I would call a somewhat odd variant of South American Spanish.

Just my POV from listening and coming at listening to her language and word choice and style vs. Spanish spoken in Spain and NOT South America. AND I'm not a linguist, just someone that has experienced Spanish from different regions a bit.
MOO
More than twelve days?

Well, I think that the Defense is at least trying all they can for their client. Unfortunately for her, the own videos and conversations they keep referencing, the jury can see and hear (and determine) for themselves how MT communicated with law enforcement (and with others)

P.S.- did anyone see that video clip going around on Twitter where Schoenhorn seemed to say “sientate” and Michelle then sat down? It was a few days ago I think, it was strange to hear

Witness has already brought up that if the person speaking in their non-native language is using errrm, aaah, it's evidence they are not as proficient. Which we all heard in those videos.
Well, we heard it in the THIRD interview, but not the first and second.

I hired a landscape company that had some guys whose native language was Spanish working on laying a patio for me. They were fairly proficient in speaking and understanding English until something went wrong and I tried to get their attention to make them stop work until I could get the foreman back on site to get it resolved. I had to physically stand in the way of further work to communicate I wanted them to stop.

I think MT was pulling the same scam.

I love Attorney Manning's delivery.

Expert did not write her report. Dictated it.

Dictated her report to Schoenhorn.

Doesn't know who typed it.

JS is objecting. Judge, that ground has been plowed. Sustained.

Those first 6 yrs in Tennessee did a number on her.

More than twelve days?
Yep. Many more than 12 days and in school too and even tested multiple times for proficiency by official governing bodies such as federal and state governments! So, a bit of experience but, just a bit.....

I was going to add that about the 12 days as it was true low hanging fruit from Mrs Bland Reich but decided not to add to my already many snarky posts on the "Eat Drink and Be Merry for Tomorrow we shall Murder Dinner" crew...
as they were simply too much. Frankly still haven't recovered from the HH testimony and hearing HH speak about his beloved pond and friend of 30 years FD.

We will all need a LONG vacation after this trial imo.

MOO my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member