CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like CT requires a sentencing report.

2011 Connecticut Code :: Title 54 Criminal Procedure :: Chapter 961 Trial and Proceedings After Conviction :: Sec. 54-91a. (Formerly Sec. 54-109). Presentence investigation of defendant.

Another possibility if found guilty that she will appeal and she may be released until then on bond. If granted, the Judge would set the bond and it would have to be satisfied. Truely hope this is not the case!
Atty Hussey said iirc for folks to prepare themselves to see MT walking around or possibly on house arrest or wearing the bracelet again pending appeal if she is convicted on any of the charges.

Justice doesn't happen quickly in CT.

MOO

Surely the Jury will agree that, on May 24, 2019, Michelle Troconis knowingly rendered criminal assistance in multiple felonious crimes with intent.

There was certainly knowing intent in Michi's well-planned actions. Maybe Fotis stayed at 80MS on the night of the 23rd so he'd have the bike ready to roll. Her morning assignment on May 24th was monitoring Fotis's phone at 4JC while he was cycling over to harness Jennifer with those zip ties and whatnot.

Without Michelle's active participation, how would the juggling of the multiple vehicles during the critical hours occur? Who would have guessed we'd see billowing smoke from the chimney while burning CS evidence?

Without the precious Golden who lived across the street, we might not know about those fires lit in the fireplaces at 4JC. It's nature's way.

Fotis, the male greek name Fotis
Fotis is a man who sets his goals and tries not to stray from them. He always wants to make his life better and he is always willing to try hard for his goals.

Agreed! I used to believe she was innocent until
I read her alibi script, listened carefully to all 3 of the interviews, added up the lies, how she answered the preplanned call on Fotis’ phone that was purposefully left for her to manipulate all day while he was in New Canaan murdering Jennifer Dulos.

Coupled with all of the trips back and forth to 80 ms when Fotis RETURNED from
Nc, the trick with PG’s let’s to keep his bloodied truck over the weekend, the trash dumping trek, the car wash trip etc.

Then the fires and comments wanting to kill Jennifer Dulos and burying her with the dog sealed the deal for me.

She is not an innocent, clueless bystander. She had a motive and she helped to plan and cover up the brutal murder of Jennifer Dulos. Moo

In CT we have mandatory minimum sentencing for some crimes. Murder being one of them. Now reading through this link it isn’t clear to me where conspiracy to commit murder actually falls. Maybe someone who can read legal speak could dumb it down for me and perhaps others?

Kinda above my pay grade but will make an attempt as this appears to be plain english...bolded and highlighted by me to explain why the MT Conspiracy charge is Class B and not Class A Murder (my guess only as I AM NOT AN ATTY). Any attorney's feel free to weigh in as this is very much outside my comfort zone. Sending SOS to @lucegirl to double check all this so we don't have any misinformation.

So, quick read is if the two top charges based on OP linked document are obtained by MT then its 30 years (25 yrs + 5 yrs) + whatever else she is convicted of amongst the Class D charges as the MINIMUM.

If MT is convicted of Tampering and the Class D items then it looks like Minimum starts at 5 years + whatever is added on for Class D charges.

Again, I am NOT an atty and am simply reading this information.

We will hear from the Judge or @lucegirl at some point on all of this in due course!!

I think this explains the answer to the conspiracy question:

"By law, attempt or conspiracy to commit a crime “are crimes of the same grade and degree as the most serious offense which is attempted or is an object of the conspiracy, except that an attempt or conspiracy to commit a class A felony is a class B felony” (CGC § 53a-51). Thus, if someone is convicted of attempt or conspiracy to commit a crime that carries a mandatory minimum sentence other than a class A felony, the offender would be subject to that mandatory minimum sentence (see State v. Moran, 264 Conn. 593 (2003))".

"It also appears that someone who is an accomplice in committing a crime that is punishable by a mandatory minimum sentence would be subject to that mandatory minimum. By law, someone is criminally liable for the acts of another if he or she acts with the mental state required to commit a crime and solicits, requests, commands, or intentionally aids another to engage in criminal conduct. These offenders can be prosecuted and punished as if they were the principal offenders (CGS § 53a-8)".

Note: The "D Grade" Felonies MT is charged with don't appear on the document posted above so I didn't list any sentencing information for those charges but did include link to Penal Code below in case anyone wanted to check out each of the Class D charges individually.

MT Charges - Interesting that the Conspiracy to Commit is listed as Class B Felony (explained in paragraphs above):

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 13.43.30.png

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 13.40.39.pngScreenshot 2024-02-26 at 13.47.58.png

Here is link to info on the Class D felonies which represent the balance of the charges:

Last edited:
Yes, I believe this is actually supposedly true...but, I've seen guilty juries come back quickly too.

Juries are unpredictable and no getting around that.

Best you can hope for is that they take the task seriously and work together.

MOO
They have a lot to go through and multiple charges. I think a quick deliberation would be more likely to indicate Not Guilty in this case. MOO.

Looks like CT requires a sentencing report.

2011 Connecticut Code :: Title 54 Criminal Procedure :: Chapter 961 Trial and Proceedings After Conviction :: Sec. 54-91a. (Formerly Sec. 54-109). Presentence investigation of defendant.

Another possibility if found guilty that she will appeal and she may be released until then on bond. If granted, the Judge would set the bond and it would have to be satisfied. Truely hope this is not the case!
Oh imo she is ready to appeal the same day as the verdict if that’s possible! The Troc family will have whatever they need with them already prearranged to cover any increase in her current bond/ bail. JMO

FWIW I simply hope the Court and State address what I believe to be a very real flight risk in MT.

IDK if the answer is the return of the bracelet or house arrest supervised by CSP etc.

But, this woman imo has no ties to CT, lives in Stamford and so is 38.7 miles from JFK for an international flight, and 400 miles to Canada, via private plane at Westchester Airport 12.9 miles away.

Options for escape imo are virtually endless and not unheard of.

MOO

The only thing that concerns me about a quick verdict is that a defense attorney, said in his experience, it would be a not guilty.
That defense attorneys worry when it takes time and asks a lot of questions.
I think the Hartford defense lawyer who made that comment is not as up on this case as he should be for going on tv and making comments. Might he be named Hussey? Forget the network but he has been posted here.

If you have been following each day it’s pretty cut and dry imo. His comment was a general one tho on his cases with early verdicts.

There may be a few who want to hear certain pieces of evidence again. I found MT hard to understand in certain interviews. I am not sure if she was easier to understand on tape in person in the actual court.

And of course they will need to actually discuss. Also depends on who takes the lead in polling everyone and how strong they are in guiding the group

So I would think it could be quick for sure but at the outside by the end of the week. Felony Friday?
Jmo

Atty Hussey said iirc for folks to prepare themselves to see MT walking around or possibly on house arrest or wearing the bracelet again pending appeal if she is convicted on any of the charges.

Justice doesn't happen quickly in CT.

MOO
So if she is convicted on all counts she could possibly avoid serving time for years while the appeal is tried? That’s insane to me. What’s the point of having any trial at all. At this point it’s been almost five years. I’m sorry this is terrible. I would like to think if she’s convicted on all charges she goes straight to jail.

I think the Hartford defense lawyer who made that comment is not as up on this case as he should be for going on tv and making comments. Might he be named Hussey? Forget the network but he has been posted here.

If you have been following each day it’s pretty cut and dry imo. His comment was a general one tho on his cases with early verdicts.

There may be a few who want to hear certain pieces of evidence again. I found MT hard to understand in certain interviews. I am not sure if she was easier to understand on tape in person in the actual court.

And of course they will need to actually discuss. Also depends on who takes the lead in polling everyone and how strong they are in guiding the group

So I would think it could be quick for sure but at the outside by the end of the week. Felony Friday?
Jmo
Yes, it was Hussey but even though he doesn't have all the details folks here have at their fingertips he did a solid job explaining why nobody should expect immediate Jail for MT if she is convicted of the top charges. He explained it most likely would be a bond revision depending on the charges and she would be held for a few hours or until all the paperwork was sorted out.

Shocking I know, but unless Judge rules otherwise seems like she will be free pending appeal.

But, I love your idea of Felony Friday!

MOO
Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 14.21.25.png

So if she is convicted on all counts she could possibly avoid serving time for years while the appeal is tried? That’s insane to me. What’s the point of having any trial at all. At this point it’s been almost five years. I’m sorry this is terrible. I would like to think if she’s convicted on all charges she goes straight to jail.
The court may take into consideration that she got the Covid court back up bump and not be so lenient this time. The bail will go higher too I suspect. FD’s was 6 m.
She has been out living her best life for almost five years - she needs at the least an ankle monitor and to be mandated to stay in ct. when convicted.
Im sure I mentioned I would like to hear impact statements from the farber family if they choose to give them.
Imo Let’s just get the guilty verdict be happy for Justice finally attained …and then go from there.
If she spends any time in the slammer while waiting on bail there are jail cells below the
Stamford courthouse.

This is also the time my mind turns to the victim. Nothing brings her back. Justice in the court is bittersweet but the best we can do.
Imo.

Great updates upthread - as suspected - D trying to embed arguement in Jury Instructions. Have they offered one yet about Thunderstorms or Greek Salad?

Meanwhile, I’m working on closing arguments. Here is what I have so far.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

A mother of 5 was viciously abducted, assaulted and senselessly murdered in her NC home, after she dropped her children at school, unaware it would be the last time she would ever see them. Those children, at the tender ages of 8-13, will soon learn the cruel fact that they are forever without their beloved mother.

Ironically, a yellow school bus is bringing other ebullient children to school in NC that same morning. Those children would go home to their mothers. A camera on the exterior of this yellow school bus inadvertently grabs footage of a conspicuous red Tacoma. The owner of the red Tacoma, PG, is unaware that his red truck is not in Farmington at 80 MS where he last saw it; but is rather 90 minutes away in NC.

Around the same time that morning, another mother is bringing her child to school in Farmington. But this mother does so knowing it’s part of a murder alibi of the unsuspecting mother in NC, Jennifer Ferber Delos. (Here I would point directly at MT and escalate voice and shine a big, uncomfortable spotlight on HER. She has been blending in with the walls the whole time. SHE is on trial. The State needs to make it personal to her. Not FD.)

Jennifer Ferber Delos is the wife of Defendant’s live-in-boyfriend, Fotis Delos, father of their 5 children.

During 2019, Defendant finds herself to be an inconvenient presence in the divorce and custody dispute between Jennifer and FD. Defendant is living in the victim’s house as FD’s mistress. The Delos divorce is far from being resolved. FD’s custody rights swing from none at all, to supervised visits at best (on the condition that Defendant not be present). This requires Defendant (and her daughter) to vacate 4JC as a condition of FD’s supervised visitation.

This second tier status is not acceptable to the Defendant, and the situation is boiling over. Vacating 4JC for the benefit of Jennifer’s children is beneath her opinion of herself. “I didn’t move here for this.

Defendant has shown herself to be jealous and controlling with respect to romantic relationships. You heard testimony that Defendant monitored FD’s whereabouts, aggressively challenged his failure to promptly respond to her texts with profanity and crass nudity, and that she knew FD was interested in other women and covered it up with male code names in his phone.

The Defendant grows increasingly hostile towards Jennifer’s omnipresence in her life. The divorce matters are wasting her pond time (“at least 3 weeks..”), and FD is always in a bad mood which isn’t any fun for her.

Shortly before Jennifer’s murder, Jennifer wanted to spare HER young children the heartbreak of the family dog’s impending death. Showing only callous regard for the young children, the inability to feel empathy even for the most innocent, she labels Jennifer a b*tch for doing so, in front of PG, and then stunningly expresses her wish for Jennifer to be buried with the family dog. Why so much anger towards the mother of someone else’s kids at such a time? Why does Jennifer’s rightful choice with respect to matters involving her children’s mental health vex this Defendant so much? Why does her anger trigger a hypothetical burial of Jennifer?

Fotis has his own motive for wanting Jennifer out of his life; Fotis killed his wife on 5/24. But his murder plot required a co-conspirator to pull off the conundrum of him appearing to be in Farmington preparing for an open house when he was in fact in NC on the morning of 5/24 committing the murder of Jennifer….there was only one person who could have been manipulating FD’s phone starting at 6:44 am of the 24th. And this person was full of knowledge, intent and disregard for Jennifer Delos’s life.

While Defendant may have admitted to lying to LE in places, her “corrected” version of events has been shown to be inconsistent with the facts. You know it’s impossible that the Defendant and FD had lunch that day. You know fires in May are illogical when people are wearing shorts. You know a dura flame log doesn’t burn in small increments. You know disposing of trash all over town is not a coincidence on the day Jennifer goes missing.

But she tripled down on her lies about the phone, specifically between 6:44 am when she awakens, and through 8:26 am when the call from Greece comes in. She knows FD was not home, and she knows that the phone staying at 4JC is the crux of the ruse. She cannot explain how the phone came to be in the office, plugged in, and on the glass table. She can’t explain it because she knows it puts her at the murder scene.

(Will try to keep going - but much work today, and I’d rather watch tomorrow versus today)

Great updates upthread - as suspected - D trying to embed arguement in Jury Instructions. Have they offered one yet about Thunderstorms or Greek Salad?

Meanwhile, I’m working on closing arguments. Here is what I have so far.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

A mother of 5 was viciously abducted, assaulted and senselessly murdered in her NC home, after she dropped her children at school, unaware it would be the last time she would ever see them. Those children, at the tender ages of 8-13, will soon learn the cruel fact that they are forever without their beloved mother.

Ironically, a yellow school bus is bringing other ebullient children to school in NC that same morning. Those children would go home to their mothers. A camera on the exterior of this yellow school bus inadvertently grabs footage of a conspicuous red Tacoma. The owner of the red Tacoma, PG, is unaware that his red truck is not in Farmington at 80 MS where he last saw it; but is rather 90 minutes away in NC.

Around the same time that morning, another mother is bringing her child to school in Farmington. But this mother does so knowing it’s part of a murder alibi of the unsuspecting mother in NC, Jennifer Ferber Delos. (Here I would point directly at MT and escalate voice and shine a big, uncomfortable spotlight on HER. She has been blending in with the walls the whole time. SHE is on trial. The State needs to make it personal to her. Not FD.)

Jennifer Ferber Delos is the wife of Defendant’s live-in-boyfriend, Fotis Delos, father of their 5 children.

During 2019, Defendant finds herself to be an inconvenient presence in the divorce and custody dispute between Jennifer and FD. Defendant is living in the victim’s house as FD’s mistress. The Delos divorce is far from being resolved. FD’s custody rights swing from none at all, to supervised visits at best (on the condition that Defendant not be present). This requires Defendant (and her daughter) to vacate 4JC as a condition of FD’s supervised visitation.

This second tier status is not acceptable to the Defendant, and the situation is boiling over. Vacating 4JC for the benefit of Jennifer’s children is beneath her opinion of herself. “I didn’t move here for this.

Defendant has shown herself to be jealous and controlling with respect to romantic relationships. You heard testimony that Defendant monitored FD’s whereabouts, aggressively challenged his failure to promptly respond to her texts with profanity and crass nudity, and that she knew FD was interested in other women and covered it up with male code names in his phone.

The Defendant grows increasingly hostile towards Jennifer’s omnipresence in her life. The divorce matters are wasting her pond time (“at least 3 weeks..”), and FD is always in a bad mood which isn’t any fun for her.

Shortly before Jennifer’s murder, Jennifer wanted to spare HER young children the heartbreak of the family dog’s impending death. Showing only callous regard for the young children, the inability to feel empathy even for the most innocent, she labels Jennifer a b*tch for doing so, in front of PG, and then stunningly expresses her wish for Jennifer to be buried with the family dog. Why so much anger towards the mother of someone else’s kids at such a time? Why does Jennifer’s rightful choice with respect to matters involving her children’s mental health vex this Defendant so much? Why does her anger trigger a hypothetical burial of Jennifer?

Fotis has his own motive for wanting Jennifer out of his life; Fotis killed his wife on 5/24. But his murder plot required a co-conspirator to pull off the conundrum of him appearing to be in Farmington preparing for an open house when he was in fact in NC on the morning of 5/24 committing the murder of Jennifer….there was only one person who could have been manipulating FD’s phone starting at 6:44 am of the 24th. And this person was full of knowledge, intent and disregard for Jennifer Delos’s life.

While Defendant may have admitted to lying to LE in places, her “corrected” version of events has been shown to be inconsistent with the facts. You know it’s impossible that the Defendant and FD had lunch that day. You know fires in May are illogical when people are wearing shorts. You know a dura flame log doesn’t burn in small increments. You know disposing of trash all over town is not a coincidence on the day Jennifer goes missing.

But she tripled down on her lies about the phone, specifically between 6:44 am when she awakens, and through 8:26 am when the call from Greece comes in. She knows FD was not home, and she knows that the phone staying at 4JC is the crux of the ruse. She cannot explain how the phone came to be in the office, plugged in, and on the glass table. She can’t explain it because she knows it puts her at the murder scene.

(Will try to keep going - but much work today, and I’d rather watch tomorrow versus today)
BRAVA!!!!
Grazie mille!!
Am getting the feeling from today that McG will lead the closing, though he’s second in command.

His powerful, heartbreaking statement that MT will NOT let Jennifer rest in peace, even now, brought me to tears. He will bring the right kind of holy fire, I pray.

So agree about MT’s venial attempts to blend in. It’s time to point AT her with righteous derision.

Jennifer was a beloved mother of five, a brilliant, sensitive wordsmith, a much-loved friend and family member, and a compassionate, beautiful person, inwardly and outwardly—in her own right. Unrepeatable, as we all are. One who slaughters and squelches her one-and-only life OR is a facilitator of this horror deserves severe consequences.

Dangerous. Not fit to walk among us.

Again bravissimo~~~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads