CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO

Personal observation: I bet the defendant wishes she had her laptop back. Just for something to do. She has no playthings.

What's it like to sit there hearing your charges parsed out?

How will it sound to her when the foreperson speaks?

Who thinks we'll have a verdict before nightfall tomorrow?

MOO

Personal observation: I bet the defendant wishes she had her laptop back. Just for something to do. She has no playthings.

God, I hope.

L&C CHAT:
"I'd be mortified living off of another woman. I certainly wouldn't wish her dead. I'd THANK HER instead if I had the trait to use her $$$ to feed and shelter my kid and myself, while bedding her hubby"
"MT was just kinky that’s what some men look for..And he always wanted the Wife in control of Children House and everything"
"She spoke fluent English to Folius and everyone else, if she didn’t understand English why did she not request an interpreter for her trial. Its all BS"
"It wouldn’t surprise me if her rug selling and distribution played a roll".
"If she was innocent she would have left him as soon as he was dumping the bags. I’d be worried I would be next"
"Horn - SHE KNEW.."
"Yes. But--answering that alibi call from Greece (even thought she ignored other incoming calls on Fotis's phone) shows that she knew"

MOO

MOO

The only thing that concerns me about a quick verdict is that a defense attorney, said in his experience, it would be a not guilty.
That defense attorneys worry when it takes time and asks a lot of questions.

L&C CHAT:
"Papa Judge wondering which food trucks are outside right now"
"If your bf ex was missing and you had loads of rubbish that he asked for help to dump. Would you not think that was suspicious? I would be asking him wtf was in the bags"
"And if she’s so evil and quickwitted, you really think she would’ve said I open the door to wipe gum off my finger and expect everyone to believe her it’s believable because it’s unbelievable"
"If she didn’t know about the dumping of evidence, she would have mentioned it in her FIRST interview. Her blatant LYING in the first interview is consciousness of guilt".

MOO

HILARIOUS

HORN tried to get Judge R to extend the commentary time beyond an hr.

Judge R told story of his days in radio where he had just '8 minutes' to share the news of the day in a given hour on air and so he concluded to Schoenhorn that, "1 hr will be enough"....

ME: Truer words have not been spoken in this trial! Judge R is a marvel.

MOO

Of course JS wants additional time for his closing argument.

Judge Randolph: this Court's first career was in radio [knew it!] and broadcasting.... the hour will be sufficient.

The only thing that concerns me about a quick verdict is that a defense attorney, said in his experience, it would be a not guilty.
That defense attorneys worry when it takes time and asks a lot of questions.
Yes, I believe this is actually supposedly true...but, I've seen guilty juries come back quickly too.

Juries are unpredictable and no getting around that.

Best you can hope for is that they take the task seriously and work together.

MOO

Does anybody know -- after a verdict is reached, is sentencing immediate?

I'd like tonight to be her last night in a real bed for a very long time.

I think they have to do a pre-sentence report, so that would have to be completed before sentencing. However, usually the judge revokes bond and remands them into custody.

If she's found guilty, JS will be screaming bloody murder if the judge revokes her bond and will ask her to stay free until sentencing and/or while she appeals. I'll be furious if Judge R allows that

Atty Hussey talked about this issue a bit on last show he did on WFSB....he said that he believed that if MT were convicted on any of the charges that the existing bond would most likely be revised (up or down depending on what happens or stay the same), appeal would be filed immediately and MT most likely would be out on bond until the appeal is heard absent intervention by the Judge to incarcerate her. So, MT will have her bed it seems unless the Judge remands her to jail which IDK how likely this would be for the lesser charges or maybe possible for the Conspiracy charge. Above my pay grade.

Hussey explained that the basement of the Court House is actually a jail/holding area where convicted Defendants have to wait until their situation with bond is resolved post conviction.

So, based on what I heard, if convicted they would take MT to the basement holding area until her bond and terms of release are resolved by the parties. Its possible that MT could get house arrest or ankle bracelet pending appeal. I have no idea how long the appeal process might take as the CT Judiciary I think is still running way behind post COVID. The KM trial still hasn't been scheduled as an example.

MOO

Looks like CT requires a sentencing report.

2011 Connecticut Code :: Title 54 Criminal Procedure :: Chapter 961 Trial and Proceedings After Conviction :: Sec. 54-91a. (Formerly Sec. 54-109). Presentence investigation of defendant.

Another possibility if found guilty that she will appeal and she may be released until then on bond. If granted, the Judge would set the bond and it would have to be satisfied. Truely hope this is not the case!

I think they have to do a pre-sentence report, so that would have to be completed before sentencing. However, usually the judge revokes bond and remands them into custody.

If she's found guilty, JS will be screaming bloody murder if the judge revokes her bond and will ask her to stay free until sentencing and/or while she appeals. I'll be furious if Judge R allows that
I was just reading today that on avg. folks convicted in CT serve only 50% of their time.

Many rules have been passed in CT to keep folks out of jail/prison, release certain categories of prisoners and reduce time served. There are also I think what are called 'fast track programs' where prisoners work to 'rehab in prison' and this qualifies them for even faster release.

Alot of conflict on the issue to say the least.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member