CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking -- more like lifting a manhole cover.

I wonder if a person could tell what sort of device might account for those bends. It wasn't probably an industrial grade handle so maybe it didn't require impossible torque.
It is puzzling. Initially I was thinking you could accomplish it by stepping on a portion of it while bending the end inward. Kinda like breaking down a large cardboard box. But I'm not so sure anymore.

ETA
If you used the above method you might leave a shoe print. Maybe that's why LE wanted FD's shoes.

Last edited:
I was thinking -- more like lifting a manhole cover.

I wonder if a person could tell what sort of device might account for those bends. It wasn't probably an industrial grade handle so maybe it didn't require impossible torque.

Does anyone have a picture of the bent/folded object? I know someone who could probably say pretty quickly what device could do that.

Attachments

• 41a831b7-4da4-4545-acd4-7f3e60381447_1920x1080 (1).jpg
    41a831b7-4da4-4545-acd4-7f3e60381447_1920x1080 (1).jpg
    59 KB · Views: 25
There was some discussion on this point today inso far as Jury Instructions. I didn’t hear all of it - but there are jury instructions that go to “what is reasonable doubt” which is not the same as zero doubt, or an supported and self serving statement of no evidence. I’ll go back and look for the quote from the bench.

There is also a jury instruction on circumstantial evidence - that the jury can presume facts that aren’t expressly in evidence, but for which there is no other rational explanation. To me - these are things like lying about what you did in the early morning at the same time a murder is being committed, the convenience of the school drop timing, the zero credibility lunch, the open house cover story, the bizarre cleaning and car shuffle, fire, dumpster.

There is a ton of electronic evidence that jurors love. It’s like CSI DNA. The phone manipulation “puts her at the proverbial kennel (I can’t help continuing to make the Murdaugh comparison- a fraction of time can refute an elaborate cover story.)” Murdaugh crazy driving back and forth to see his mom.

My experience is this is a good circumstantial case - especially where the circumstantial evidence is all you have because the Defendant is actively obstructing justice.

How many times in 1 day can you be in the wrong place at the wrong time and be 100% clueless. She was in lock step with FD the entire day whether physically or electronically.

Add to that Defendant has zero credibility. Her attorney is nails on a chalkboard (although jury will be charged not to hold the Defendant accountable for dislike of attorney - good luck with that). Defendant has no humanizing qualities - she has disdain and animus towards Jennifer that seems disproportionate to the circumstances.

She has no interests outside of high risk sports like dirt bike racing and competitive water skiing (whatever that is), prestige clubs, and socializing which make her appear vapid and self absorbed. She is happy getting hair colored the morning after Jennifer goes missing. I can’t imagine feeling sympathy for her.

Now - I have been wrong before, and sometimes you have a holdout juror who ignores the Judge’s charge and demands more proof than what the law requires. I pray this is not that case.
So well and eloquently stated. Thank you! And in spite of what might lie in the future with the case and defendant, many sometimes overlook what it is about; not you! just simply observing. JFD and her children, her mother, and her family and friends. There was a picture of her I think sitting on a couch towards the end of the last thread. Such a beautiful women. A very sad reason for this trial proceeding. MOO

Former Connecticut State Police Detective John Kimball, the lead investigator in the case, tweeted that he, other members of the state police Western District Major Crimes Squad and New Canaan police officers will be present in the courtroom alongside Jennifer Dulos’ family and friends Tuesday “in a sign of support and solidarity seeking accountability in this terrible crime.”

I love this man! Wish we could all be there in solidarity and support as well.

Thanks! And the reply from my metal-expert friend is this:

You could probably bend a mop handle like that with your hands/knee. It’s likely to be thin cheap grade steel… maybe they used the edge of the dumpster to bend it… if they could have been bothered a few more bends back and forth and it would have snapped into pieces.

Another perfect example of why the gag was needed.

Rose has been tag teaming with Schoenhorn now for a few years to use confidential information to shame JF.

Seems like he just wants his 15 min imo in this case and honestly who would want a legal opinion from someone who signed off on false financials in family court for FD. But, scratch that statement as there are many folks like FD out there in CT looking for an attorney with the integrity of atty Micheal rose so I’m sure this little “exclusive” interview will gain him clients!

The irony is that per usual his legal advice is subpar (just as it was for FD where not one of their motions were agreed to by Judge Heller so he was effectively 0 for 5 iirc in family court) as MT could have been charged with at least 3 other things yesterday which we learned from Atty Mcguinnis. We also kinda saw this charging issue subtly addressed by the Judge who has heard the evidence as he added jury instructions on the 3 things Atty McGuiness said that MT hadn’t been charged for. I thought watching this play out was amusing at this late date.

It’s clear the State strategically charged MT and could have charged her for additional items.

So, to hear atty rose say she was “overcharged” is about as laughable imo
as the quality of his legal skills. Wonder also how much he was paid by Troconis Crew for his press statement?

I’m so done with the crooked crew of unethical lawyers who surrounded FT and stuck on like ticks!

Moo

Thanks! And the reply from my metal-expert friend is this:

You could probably bend a mop handle like that with your hands/knee. It’s likely to be thin cheap grade steel… maybe they used the edge of the dumpster to bend it… if they could have been bothered a few more bends back and forth and it would have snapped into pieces.

It is puzzling. Initially I was thinking you could accomplish it by stepping on a portion of it while bending the end inward. Kinda like breaking down a large cardboard box. But I'm not so sure anymore.

ETA
If you used the above method you might leave a shoe print. Maybe that's why LE wanted FD's shoes.
To me it looked like it was put in a vice and bent. The bends were even and it didn’t look like anyone had damaged the handle either. Those handles are imo stronger than you think. I’m sure there are thinner handled mops to which is why I wish we saw the Home Depot trip and bills….oh well. Moo

That bend sure seems to display anger, rage, and attempt to shorten it for concealment. As another poster mentioned, perhaps to secret in one of those black plastic trash bags. IMO.

Granted this is coming from someone who saves virtually anything or everything for a possible use or reuse. (A trait learned happily from my late father who was born in the depression.)

Nevertheless, that bent into thirds pole is an astounding thing. And even the hollow metal poles like that are not easy to bend Ike that! Not without some serious force or bending. MOO

That bend sure seems to display anger, rage, and attempt to shorten it for concealment. As another poster mentioned, perhaps to secret in one of those black plastic trash bags. IMO.

Granted this is coming from someone who saves virtually anything or everything for a possible use or reuse. (A trait learned happily from my late father who was born in the depression.)

Nevertheless, that bent into thirds pole is an astounding thing. And even the hollow metal poles like that are not easy to bend Ike that! Not without some serious force or bending. MOO
My Dad too and even my husband!

So well and eloquently stated. Thank you! And in spite of what might lie in the future with the case and defendant, many sometimes overlook what it is about; not you! just simply observing. JFD and her children, her mother, and her family and friends. There was a picture of her I think sitting on a couch towards the end of the last thread. Such a beautiful women. A very sad reason for this trial proceeding. MOO
I was just thinking about a photo of Jennifer . I so hope a big fat beautiful pic is displayed during closing today!

You sound like my husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member