CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing this photo, I have to ask, did investigators check the local sewers?
They checked the septic tanks I believe at 80MS and 4JX and Sturbridge (we saw MSM photos of this happening). The rest of the properties I don't think we know. There was one other property that FD had sold where the property owner was quite cooperative with LE and that property was sold too. I don't recall the address but I believe it was in Avon.

Here is DM article on the house I'm referring to:

MOO

I don’t think it’s fair, since the prosecution has the burden of proof-the defense just has to say, “they didn’t prove it”.
There was some discussion on this point today inso far as Jury Instructions. I didn’t hear all of it - but there are jury instructions that go to “what is reasonable doubt” which is not the same as zero doubt, or an supported and self serving statement of no evidence. I’ll go back and look for the quote from the bench.

There is also a jury instruction on circumstantial evidence - that the jury can presume facts that aren’t expressly in evidence, but for which there is no other rational explanation. To me - these are things like lying about what you did in the early morning at the same time a murder is being committed, the convenience of the school drop timing, the zero credibility lunch, the open house cover story, the bizarre cleaning and car shuffle, fire, dumpster.

There is a ton of electronic evidence that jurors love. It’s like CSI DNA. The phone manipulation “puts her at the proverbial kennel (I can’t help continuing to make the Murdaugh comparison- a fraction of time can refute an elaborate cover story.)” Murdaugh crazy driving back and forth to see his mom.

My experience is this is a good circumstantial case - especially where the circumstantial evidence is all you have because the Defendant is actively obstructing justice.

How many times in 1 day can you be in the wrong place at the wrong time and be 100% clueless. She was in lock step with FD the entire day whether physically or electronically.

Add to that Defendant has zero credibility. Her attorney is nails on a chalkboard (although jury will be charged not to hold the Defendant accountable for dislike of attorney - good luck with that). Defendant has no humanizing qualities - she has disdain and animus towards Jennifer that seems disproportionate to the circumstances.

She has no interests outside of high risk sports like dirt bike racing and competitive water skiing (whatever that is), prestige clubs, and socializing which make her appear vapid and self absorbed. She is happy getting hair colored the morning after Jennifer goes missing. I can’t imagine feeling sympathy for her.

Now - I have been wrong before, and sometimes you have a holdout juror who ignores the Judge’s charge and demands more proof than what the law requires. I pray this is not that case.

This person was identified much earlier in the thread so you can search it out via using the date of the photo. I'm going from feeble memory but I believe it might have been a FD cousin and iirc he was from Massachusetts. But, if you want to know for sure search it out as he was identified here. Around that time various Dulos family members were staying with FD because they were 'worried about him'.

The issue of Andreas giving money for Sturbridge was always a bit of a controversial topic and was discussed extensively in the Civil Trial. I am not sure whether the 'true' funding of Sturbridge was ever resolved as the 'quality' and 'veracity' of the FD/FORE books was very much called into question.

What I can say is true that Sturbridge had a sizeable mortgage from iirc Danbury Savings Bank and if you'd like to read more I would refer you to the litigation on that Danbury Savings Bank v Fotis Dulos that is on the CT Judiciary website. I've read most of the file but not all and I did it long ago so its best if you go there for all the details as its a sizeable case!

Here is the FOX61 report that also contains link to free case documents on the foreclosure.

Just to put some context around Sturbridge. If you recall, GF sued FD / FORE in Civil Court and I believe got a final judgment of $2.5 million. FD couldn't pay this judgment so the theory was that the various houses would be liquidated to get funds to pay it off. Well, this didn't seem to happen either as FD cleverly had put mortgages on all the properties such that there was not much equity in any of them (the properties all went into foreclosure iirc). The properties had been sitting on the market for awhile and market conditions for houses of the size built by FORE in Farmington simply weren't moving. The New Canaan house/61 Sturbridge probably had best shot of all the Fore houses of being sold relatively quickly but even it was largeish and fully priced for NC at the time (think it was around 6,000SF).

The Sturbridge house in NC also had some equity in it relative to the mortgage of $2.795M (sold for $3.975M in 2021 iirc) so, FD being FD didn't want any proceeds from the sale to go to GF so he seemed to get some of his 'friends' to attach notes and liens to the property to make it impossible for anything from the sale to go to GF. My recollection was that Andreas placed such a note against the property and my recollection was that it was an unsecured mortgage note i/a/o $500,000 and then there were some trade liens from other FD 'friends' or perhaps trade creditors he had stiffed but I sadly don't recall all the details but I wrote about it all ages ago on here in earlier thread.

So, I don't think it can be confirmed that Andreas actually provided cash to FD for the 61 Sturbridge property but it can be confirmed that he filed what I recall was an unsecured mortgage note on the property. The timing of the Andreas filing on the property (lien filed as property was being completed vs up front iirc) always led me to believe that Andreas was simply positioning himself to get any residual profits from the property which he would then just give to FD and this was done to keep GF from getting any proceeds.

I never saw any further litigation on these issues with Andreas and there other trade creditors from Atty Weinstein and GF so I don't know how or even if any of it was settled or even if Andreas got anything on his 'note' from the sale.

Sorry, that is all I can recall but the foreclosure process would document the distribution of proceeds so the information is accessible, I simply cannot recall the final outcome.

MOO
Fotis Dulos texted a close friend in Greece, asking him to make “a planned alibi call” the morning his estranged wife disappeared

The brief call made by Andreas Toutziaridis around 8:30 a.m. on May 24, 2019 placed him at the center of Connecticut’s largest investigation in recent history and prompted federal authorities to examine his potential role in the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos, court documents showed.

Special Agent Craig Bowling with the Department of Homeland Security was looking for any evidence that Toutziaridis participated in federal crimes, including interstate domestic violence, obstruction of justice, aiding and abetting and conspiracy from Feb. 1, 2019 to June 25, 2019 when he sought the federal search warrant, court documents said.

Bowling requested that his affidavit, explaining why he wanted the search warrant, the search warrant and any other federal warrants be sealed to “protect the integrity of the investigation.” The warrant was served, but the case was closed by acting Connecticut U.S. Attorney Leonard Boyle on Nov. 12, 2021 without an arrest, the document said.

Fotis Dulos texted a close friend in Greece, asking him to make “a planned alibi call” the morning his estranged wife disappeared

The brief call made by Andreas Toutziaridis around 8:30 a.m. on May 24, 2019 placed him at the center of Connecticut’s largest investigation in recent history and prompted federal authorities to examine his potential role in the death and disappearance of Jennifer Dulos, court documents showed.

Special Agent Craig Bowling with the Department of Homeland Security was looking for any evidence that Toutziaridis participated in federal crimes, including interstate domestic violence, obstruction of justice, aiding and abetting and conspiracy from Feb. 1, 2019 to June 25, 2019 when he sought the federal search warrant, court documents said.

Bowling requested that his affidavit, explaining why he wanted the search warrant, the search warrant and any other federal warrants be sealed to “protect the integrity of the investigation.” The warrant was served, but the case was closed by acting Connecticut U.S. Attorney Leonard Boyle on Nov. 12, 2021 without an arrest, the document said.
That is quite interesting. Thanks for this.

Curious as the Atty that closed it was US Atty (wonder if he was doing his work on behalf of FBI)...wonder why case was closed? Wonder if the info could be had via FOIA?

So much speculation that the Toot Bros helped FD remove the body of JF. Never seen any proof. Perhaps KM knows?

Here is a bit of bio I just found on the former US Atty Leonard Boyle:

He looks to be former FBI as well but started as a local police officer in CT so has been around for a LONG TIME. Looks to be part of the entrenched CT Judiciary/LE Crew and someone who has been around for a 'long long' time so no doubt knows where the 'bones are buried in Corrupticut' imo. Consummate insider imo.

Bit of info from article:

"The Honorable Richard N. Palmer, Chairman of the Criminal Justice Commission, announced today the Commission has appointed attorney Leonard C. Boyle as Deputy Chief State's Attorney for Operations".

"Attorney Boyle, a former state Commissioner of Public Safety and FBI official, was appointed by a unanimous vote of the commission. He will succeed Paul E. Murray, who will retire this summer after more than 30 years as a state prosecutor".

"The Honorable Richard N. Palmer, Chairman of the Criminal Justice Commission, announced today the Commission has appointed attorney Leonard C. Boyle as Deputy Chief State's Attorney for Operations.

Attorney Boyle, a former state Commissioner of Public Safety and FBI official, was appointed by a unanimous vote of the commission. He will succeed Paul E. Murray, who will retire this summer after more than 30 years as a state prosecutor.
"Attorney Boyle has a long and distinguished career in law enforcement at the local, state and federal levels. He began his career in law enforcement as a Police Officer in the Town of East Hartford, subsequently became an Assistant United States Attorney and from August 2004 to March 2007 was Commissioner of the State of Connecticut Department of Public Safety".

"He was Chief of the Criminal Division in the Office of the United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut from April 1999 to August 2004 and served as Special Attorney to the Attorney General of the <st1:country-region>United States</st1:country-region> from January 2003 through August 2004".

"From March 2007 through February 2009 he served as Director of the Terrorist Screening Center for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Washington, D.C. Since March of this year he has been Associate Counsel for Export/Import Compliance with Pratt and Whitney".

MOO

Leave it up to JS at the last moment to admit that there was something sinister going on at MS Rd. He has outdone himself again!
I was waiting for him to yell, "MISTRIAL" but it was funny watching the MT expression on replay. I don't know how they twisted those mop handles as they are metal and fairly strong.
MOO

That is quite interesting. Thanks for this.

Curious as the Atty that closed it was US Atty (wonder if he was doing his work on behalf of FBI)...wonder why case was closed? Wonder if the info could be had via FOIA?

So much speculation that the Toot Bros helped FD remove the body of JF. Never seen any proof. Perhaps KM knows?

Here is a bit of bio I just found on the former US Atty Leonard Boyle:

He looks to be former FBI as well but started as a local police officer in CT so has been around for a LONG TIME. Looks to be part of the entrenched CT Judiciary/LE Crew and someone who has been around for a 'long long' time so no doubt knows where the 'bones are buried in Corrupticut' imo. Consummate insider imo.

Bit of info from article:

"The Honorable Richard N. Palmer, Chairman of the Criminal Justice Commission, announced today the Commission has appointed attorney Leonard C. Boyle as Deputy Chief State's Attorney for Operations".

"Attorney Boyle, a former state Commissioner of Public Safety and FBI official, was appointed by a unanimous vote of the commission. He will succeed Paul E. Murray, who will retire this summer after more than 30 years as a state prosecutor".

"The Honorable Richard N. Palmer, Chairman of the Criminal Justice Commission, announced today the Commission has appointed attorney Leonard C. Boyle as Deputy Chief State's Attorney for Operations.

Attorney Boyle, a former state Commissioner of Public Safety and FBI official, was appointed by a unanimous vote of the commission. He will succeed Paul E. Murray, who will retire this summer after more than 30 years as a state prosecutor.
"Attorney Boyle has a long and distinguished career in law enforcement at the local, state and federal levels. He began his career in law enforcement as a Police Officer in the Town of East Hartford, subsequently became an Assistant United States Attorney and from August 2004 to March 2007 was Commissioner of the State of Connecticut Department of Public Safety".

"He was Chief of the Criminal Division in the Office of the United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut from April 1999 to August 2004 and served as Special Attorney to the Attorney General of the <st1:country-region>United States</st1:country-region> from January 2003 through August 2004".

"From March 2007 through February 2009 he served as Director of the Terrorist Screening Center for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Washington, D.C. Since March of this year he has been Associate Counsel for Export/Import Compliance with Pratt and Whitney".

MOO

Why was Homeland Security searching AT's data during the period beginning Feb. 1, 2019 to June 25, 2019? Was there a plan of murder beginning to form as early as Feb 1? What was happening with the divorce/child custody as of this date Feb. 1, 2019?

Was everyone surrounding Fotis corruptible or did Fotis naturally surround himself with people who possibly possessed corrupt hearts?

Wow. Dirty deeds.

I think jury may well find not enough evidence to prove conspiracy but hopefully will find guilty not the other counts. I wish they had just one more compelling piece of evidence or testimony. I think we know things jury does not and it is not a slam dunk.

For those that watched Lawyer Lee tonight go through clips of the MT LE Interviews 3rd time, I just wanted to point out that MT postures herself as 'stupid girlfriend' just being the good girl friend and that she knows nothing.

But what was more interesting is her reference to 'construction garbage' on Albany that she also claims to know nothing about.

FD only had completed houses in Farmington, CT and the Sturbridge House in NC iirc had a dumpster (remember all the checking of the dumpster by LE). PG was in NC installing locks at Sturbridge and FD was seen with his ankle monitor sweeping the front steps and posing for the media. Construction was done and debris would have been minimal or dropped off at transfer station in NC imo.

MT WOULD KNOW that construction was done at Sturbridge so the idea that they had trash to empty from NC simply that the MT claims of construction debris makes no sense as the supposed reason she is talking about for Albany imo.

I know we have talked about this before but I wonder why this wasn't discussed in the context of the presentation of Albany Ave or questioned in the LE Interviews. LE had seen the houses and knew nothing was under construction at that time. Here is picture from SA of the Sturbridge house at the time and the red dumpster searched by LE. I think MT just made another WHOPPER lie to LE.

MOO

Source image: New Canaan Advertiser
Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 00.13.32.png

Last edited:
I'm hoping Judge R did a Jury Instruction on the Discredited Report.

Need to put a stake through that report one way or another
Sad to report that there is no specific jury instruction for the discredited report. I do hope the State mentions it in passing to reiterate that it was disallowed from evidence for a reason and is not to be relied upon.

Simply writing the above statement makes me angry on behalf of the victims.

MOO

Yes, it’s been a great group that is united in seeking justice for Jennifer.

And a special “thank you” to our trial reporter @Megnut , who made sense out of some of the testimony we couldn’t, and updated for those who weren’t able to watch daily. Never missed a day!
:::::::::::::::::::::::hugs all around:::::::::::::::::

Thanks, you are quite funny!

My crazy injury came from slugging someone who tried to take my credit card and wallet in a FedEx store. I instinctively lashed out as I was in a location where getting a new credit card would be a nightmare and so have hairline fractures in my finger and wrist from no fighting practice in a long time! Stupid move on my part as the FedEx store locks down automatically and so everyone in the store was locked in with the perp until the police arrived. It was quite the experience. Never should have done it as I put everyone in the store in danger. Funny how fight or flight instincts work! But I should be ok in a few weeks and certainly by the time the KM file is scheduled (if it ever is).

Yes, lots of claims of 'marshalling' today in court and I knew the word used in the context of 'marshalling troops or resources etc.' but had never seen it used in this context. Much prefer your term SHOE-HORNING. We have learned so many 'court words' in this trial to refer to the simple act of simply telling WHOPPERS or PORKIE PIES!

MOO
Wow! That's quite an injury back story.

It's not fight or flight for everybody.

Some people it's fight or fight harder.

I wouldn't recommend trying to filch the wallet of a fight or fight harder person.

Hope you feel better.

MOO

Why was Homeland Security searching AT's data during the period beginning Feb. 1, 2019 to June 25, 2019? Was there a plan of murder beginning to form as early as Feb 1? What was happening with the divorce/child custody as of this date Feb. 1, 2019?

Was everyone surrounding Fotis corruptible or did Fotis naturally surround himself with people who possibly possessed corrupt hearts?
IIRC that early period might have been when FD had no access to children and he no doubt was enraged (he saw zero wrong in encouraging children to lie to JF and so Judge Heller ordered him to therapy). There was the long period where Judge Heller had him go to therapy for his role in having children lie on his behalf and then MT using her daughter to communicate with the Dulos children for FD so he could get around the Courts rules. That lasted a good bit of time, maybe 4 months or so.

FD then had supervised visitation and spent Mar/Apr/May harassing JF in Family Court about unimportant things but he was clearly imo trying to delay what was going on imo. Then he filed emergency order for custody in May and this was denied and then he tried to have the supervised visitation revised and that was denied. The big news issue though was the false financial statements that he and Atty Michael Rose submitted to Court. The false statements enraged Judge Heller as FD had yet to submit credible financial info and the case was already 2 years old. Judge then dismissed Atty Michael Rose behind closed doors for his role in the financial fraudulent reports and his role with the discredited herman report.

So, imo the timeframe of the FBI investigation tracks pretty closely imo to the issue of FD 'losing' in Family Court and financially imploding FORE Group.

Yes, the people surrounding FD seemed to be no different from him imo. We saw the Toot Bros, KM, Masiello family, Armenia Car guy, Gas Can Guy and on and on.....there were others in Greece that always supported him too.

But, my guess always was that if the Toot Bros wanted to help FD that they would have and given their connections in shipping and transport I don't think it would involve much work for them. The body would have just had to be brought to port Newark is my guess or perhaps even Providence.

MOO

Wow! That's quite an injury back story.

It's not fight or flight for everybody.

Some people it's fight or fight harder.

I wouldn't recommend trying to filch the wallet of a fight or fight harder person.

Hope you feel better.

MOO
Thanks. Had the training but never expected to have to use it in a Fed Ex store! Wild world we inhabit. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1