CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone wrote this on a Reddit board about the case. Had to share it as I think it was quite brilliant.

If Michelle’s timeline had been honest…

I slept with Nicole because there was a storm the night before. My alarm went off at 6:40 AM and I went into my room to take a shower. Fotis wasn’t in the bedroom and I didn’t see him at breakfast, but I didn’t call or text him. I took Nicole to school and came back.

When I returned, I went up to the office, but I wasn’t looking for Fotis. I just needed to print a return label. Kent was there because he was supposed to have a meeting with Fotis.
I didn’t call Fotis or ask Kent to call him. But, during the few minutes that I was in the office, I saw Fotis’ phone, answered a prescheduled phone call and left. I never asked Kent where Fotis was and I wasn’t worried that his car and phone were there and he wasn’t. I didn’t contact other employees to see if anyone had heard from him.

I then had some errands to run before coming home with groceries. Around 1230, Fotis returned after at least 6 hours unaccounted for and asked me to have lunch. I didn’t ask him where he had been all morning. I wasn’t relieved that he was ok. I wasn’t mad that he was MIA all morning and I didn’t accuse him of lying or cheating like I normally would. I just ate lunch with him before we drove separately to 80 MS so I could clean his property.

Once there, I made 5 trips back and forth to our house. I started and extinguished multiple fires at 4 Jefferson while simultaneously cleaning 80 MS. While I was doing that, Fotis was busy cleaning the seat of Pawel’s Tacoma. He said he spilled coffee on the seat, but he had just driven there in the Suburban and the Tacoma had been at 80 MS overnight. I didn’t ask where he had gotten coffee or how and when he would have spilled it inside of a truck he hadn’t driven.

After the coffee had been cleaned, I made out with Fotis against the Tacoma. Pawel drove up and interrupted us because he wanted to take his truck. I knew that 80 MS had to look pristine for a showing the next morning and Fotis didn’t want the Tacoma leaking oil in our driveway, but Fotis still tried to convince Pawel to just take the Raptor instead. Pawel refused so they drove separate vehicles back to 4 Jefferson to drop off the Raptor so Pawel could come back and get his truck. I was leaving 80 MS to return some rugs at the same time, saw Pawel’s keys in his truck door and took the keys with me even though I knew that they were coming right back for the Tacoma. I was in a hurry because the rug store was closing, but I still turned around and returned the keys.

When I got back to 4 Jefferson, instead of seeing my daughter in a play, I decided to light a fire then leave the house with Fotis to go to Starbucks. He drove all the way to Hartford for coffee at 7 PM and unloaded construction trash in random garbage cans. We weren’t doing construction that day, but I didn’t ask why he was dumping floor mats, trash bags and FedEx envelopes in garbage cans and down sewer grates since I was on my phone.

Once we got home, police officers came to the door. Nicole wasn’t home yet, but I wasn’t worried that it might be about her because, when they came to the door, I ran upstairs and let Fotis deal with it. He found out Jennifer had been missing since that morning. I didn’t think that he could’ve possibly had anything to do with it even though he despised Jennifer and had been gone all morning without his phone. In fact, I was so unbothered that, after the police left, I let him come with me to pick up my young daughter after the play ended. Then it was just a regular night. We came home, watched TV and went to sleep.

IIRC that early period might have been when FD had no access to children and he no doubt was enraged (he saw zero wrong in encouraging children to lie to JF and so Judge Heller ordered him to therapy). There was the long period where Judge Heller had him go to therapy for his role in having children lie on his behalf and then MT using her daughter to communicate with the Dulos children for FD so he could get around the Courts rules. That lasted a good bit of time, maybe 4 months or so.

FD then had supervised visitation and spent Mar/Apr/May harassing JF in Family Court about unimportant things but he was clearly imo trying to delay what was going on imo. Then he filed emergency order for custody in May and this was denied and then he tried to have the supervised visitation revised and that was denied. The big news issue though was the false financial statements that he and Atty Michael Rose submitted to Court. The false statements enraged Judge Heller as FD had yet to submit credible financial info and the case was already 2 years old. Judge then dismissed Atty Michael Rose behind closed doors for his role in the financial fraudulent reports and his role with the discredited herman report.

So, imo the timeframe of the FBI investigation tracks pretty closely imo to the issue of FD 'losing' in Family Court and financially imploding FORE Group.

Yes, the people surrounding FD seemed to be no different from him imo. We saw the Toot Bros, KM, Masiello family, Armenia Car guy, Gas Can Guy and on and on.....there were others in Greece that always supported him too.

But, my guess always was that if the Toot Bros wanted to help FD that they would have and given their connections in shipping and transport I don't think it would involve much work for them. The body would have just had to be brought to port Newark is my guess or perhaps even Providence.

MOO
Amazing. I imagine her body and his bike and every other unaccounted for item is at the bottom of the sea. Diabolical man.

Perhaps they were used to lift or pry something very heavy, open?
IDK, they were evenly bent in three to fit into the bag. I don't think it could be done by hand and idk what kind of tool would help you bend metal as you would need to put it into a vise and then bend the handle and do that twice imo. It was perfectly done and very even iirc. MOO

Someone wrote this on a Reddit board about the case. Had to share it as I think it was quite brilliant.

I slept with Nicole because there was a storm the night before. My alarm went off at 6:40 AM and I went into my room to take a shower. Fotis wasn’t in the bedroom and I didn’t see him at breakfast, but I didn’t call or text him. I took Nicole to school and came back.

When I returned, I went up to the office, but I wasn’t looking for Fotis. I just needed to print a return label. Kent was there because he was supposed to have a meeting with Fotis.
I didn’t call Fotis or ask Kent to call him. But, during the few minutes that I was in the office, I saw Fotis’ phone, answered a prescheduled phone call and left. I never asked Kent where Fotis was and I wasn’t worried that his car and phone were there and he wasn’t. I didn’t contact other employees to see if anyone had heard from him.

I then had some errands to run before coming home with groceries. Around 1230, Fotis returned after at least 6 hours unaccounted for and asked me to have lunch. I didn’t ask him where he had been all morning. I wasn’t relieved that he was ok. I wasn’t mad that he was MIA all morning and I didn’t accuse him of lying or cheating like I normally would. I just ate lunch with him before we drove separately to 80 MS so I could clean his property.

Once there, I made 5 trips back and forth to our house. I started and extinguished multiple fires at 4 Jefferson while simultaneously cleaning 80 MS. While I was doing that, Fotis was busy cleaning the seat of Pawel’s Tacoma. He said he spilled coffee on the seat, but he had just driven there in the Suburban and the Tacoma had been at 80 MS overnight. I didn’t ask where he had gotten coffee or how and when he would have spilled it inside of a truck he hadn’t driven.

After the coffee had been cleaned, I made out with Fotis against the Tacoma. Pawel drove up and interrupted us because he wanted to take his truck. I knew that 80 MS had to look pristine for a showing the next morning and Fotis didn’t want the Tacoma leaking oil in our driveway, but Fotis still tried to convince Pawel to just take the Raptor instead. Pawel refused so they drove separate vehicles back to 4 Jefferson to drop off the Raptor so Pawel could come back and get his truck. I was leaving 80 MS to return some rugs at the same time, saw Pawel’s keys in his truck door and took the keys with me even though I knew that they were coming right back for the Tacoma. I was in a hurry because the rug store was closing, but I still turned around and returned the keys.

When I got back to 4 Jefferson, instead of seeing my daughter in a play, I decided to light a fire then leave the house with Fotis to go to Starbucks. He drove all the way to Hartford for coffee at 7 PM and unloaded construction trash in random garbage cans. We weren’t doing construction that day, but I didn’t ask why he was dumping floor mats, trash bags and FedEx envelopes in garbage cans and down sewer grates since I was on my phone.

Once we got home, police officers came to the door. Nicole wasn’t home yet, but I wasn’t worried that it might be about her because, when they came to the door, I ran upstairs and let Fotis deal with it. He found out Jennifer had been missing since that morning. I didn’t think that he could’ve possibly had anything to do with it even though he despised Jennifer and had been gone all morning without his phone. In fact, I was so unbothered that, after the police left, I let him come with me to pick up my young daughter after the play ended. Then it was just a regular night. We came home, watched TV and went to sleep.
Omg. It would be great if that could be read during closing arguments.

IDK, they were evenly bent in three to fit into the bag. I don't think it could be done by hand and idk what kind of tool would help you bend metal as you would need to put it into a vise and then bend the handle and do that twice imo. It was perfectly done and very even iirc. MOO
Damn, that is so puzzling. A vise.

A vise or a press. Perhaps they were used as the weapon to kill Jennifer.

Great points! Keeping in mind that MT's laptop was taken (as was her daughters and mothers) and MT and FD were to have no contact post (first) arrest on June 1, 2019, exactly how did MT get this report (again)? Did she have a paper copy? Did she send it to her family? She may have had it on her computer that was taken on June 1, though with her computer locked up with LE for years if she ever got it back, how did she get another copy of it? Atty Rose is unlikely, imo, as shortly after the arrests he filed to withdraw from the FC case. Meehan was in hot water already over the report and also filed emergency motions in FC to have FD's visitation suspended, so I'm thinking it wasn't him. Did she take the report to Bowman during her first meeting? He was certainly aware of it during the 2nd interview. I really don't know the answers and I'm sincerely asking these questions...

MOO
She probably just uploaded it to Google Drive.

FWIW I simply hope the Court and State address what I believe to be a very real flight risk in MT.

IDK if the answer is the return of the bracelet or house arrest supervised by CSP etc.

But, this woman imo has no ties to CT, lives in Stamford and so is 38.7 miles from JFK for an international flight, and 400 miles to Canada, via private plane at Westchester Airport 12.9 miles away.

Options for escape imo are virtually endless and not unheard of.

MOO
She is the most hated women in America. She will be recognized before she tries to board a flight, if she is dumb enough to try, IMO. I wouldn’t underestimate her being dumb enough to do it though.

That same person also had an excellent point about dropping by at the pond with the purse and not discussing that Fotis is gone but his car and phone are not- dude blew off a meeting with his very patient friend/attorney.

I would think (and that Reddit person thinks) she would at least make a light joke about it- trying to hide worry/anger/jealousy that she would experience in varying degrees if she had not been in on the plan and already known that it was a secret that Fotis was not home.

MOO

Tuesday, February 27th;
*Trial continues (Day 29)-CLOSING ARGUMENTS! (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence (for 5/29/19). Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder (for 5/24/19). Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence (for 5/24/19). Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
See explanation of charges on post #93 page 5 Thread #66.
The declaration of death for Jennifer was3 officially issued by Judge William P. Osterndorf on October 24, 2023.
Jury Selection began on 10/4/23 & ended 10/26/23. Another jury selection after dismissed jurors on 1/10/24. Now 6 jurors & 2 alternates. (4 women & 4 men).
Trial began on 1/11/24. State rested their case on 2/21/24. Defense started their case on 2/21/24 & ended on 2/23/24. Closing arguments set for 2/27/24.
Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Supervisory assistant State’s attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.
Contempt hearing on 3/5/24 @ 10am.

Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 12/6/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-11 (10/4-10/26/23), 2nd Jury Selection Day 1-2 (1/9 & 1/10/24) & Trial Day 1-27 (1/11-2/23/24) reference post #185 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-66.705237/page-10

2/26/24 Monday Trial Day 28: Judge Kevin Randolph said he would like to take up certain instructions first, including instructions about consciousness of guilt, third-party culpability, hindsight bias, evidence of presumptive blood test & an instruction on motive. Randolph decided he was not inclined to give a consciousness of guilt instruction. “However, the court believes that instructions on credibility & inconsistent statements will encompass the spirit of a consciousness of guilt instruction,” he noted. Next, Randolph took up a third-party culpability instruction, which was not included in his original draft of instructions given to attorneys. After hearing arguments from both sides, Randolph decided that the third-party culpability instruction was not warranted by the evidence in the case. Randolph also declined to give an instruction on hindsight bias. Schoenhorn argued Monday that the jury should be reminded that, unless evidence underwent confirmatory testing for blood, they could not conclude suspected blood stains were in fact blood. Randolph said Schoenhorn’s questioning of witnesses regarding presumptive tests was “sufficiently strong.” “The court thinks that there’s no confusion that the jury would suffer if there was no instruction on presumptive blood tests,” Randolph said. “So, the court declines to give that instruction.” Randolph said he is inclined to give an instruction to the jury on motive. “The court will fashion the instruction such that it does not marshal evidence on behalf of the state,” he added. Discussion on Immunity. McGuinness borrowed the pattern for jailhouse informant. Gives the jury guidance on how to weigh PG's credibility. Sochoenhorn wants to add a sentence that he don't be charged with any crime. State believes its version is balanced. Court adopts State's version. Conspiracy to Commit Murder. Court believes it can be confusing. State proposes elements of murder first. Then explain conspiracy. State proposes specific language because there's no body.
for more info see post #325 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-66.705237/page-17
Trial continues on Tuesday, 2/27/24 for closing arguments. Each side will get one hour for closing arguments.

There was some discussion on this point today inso far as Jury Instructions. I didn’t hear all of it - but there are jury instructions that go to “what is reasonable doubt” which is not the same as zero doubt, or an supported and self serving statement of no evidence. I’ll go back and look for the quote from the bench.

There is also a jury instruction on circumstantial evidence - that the jury can presume facts that aren’t expressly in evidence, but for which there is no other rational explanation. To me - these are things like lying about what you did in the early morning at the same time a murder is being committed, the convenience of the school drop timing, the zero credibility lunch, the open house cover story, the bizarre cleaning and car shuffle, fire, dumpster.

There is a ton of electronic evidence that jurors love. It’s like CSI DNA. The phone manipulation “puts her at the proverbial kennel (I can’t help continuing to make the Murdaugh comparison- a fraction of time can refute an elaborate cover story.)” Murdaugh crazy driving back and forth to see his mom.

My experience is this is a good circumstantial case - especially where the circumstantial evidence is all you have because the Defendant is actively obstructing justice.

How many times in 1 day can you be in the wrong place at the wrong time and be 100% clueless. She was in lock step with FD the entire day whether physically or electronically.

Add to that Defendant has zero credibility. Her attorney is nails on a chalkboard (although jury will be charged not to hold the Defendant accountable for dislike of attorney - good luck with that). Defendant has no humanizing qualities - she has disdain and animus towards Jennifer that seems disproportionate to the circumstances.

She has no interests outside of high risk sports like dirt bike racing and competitive water skiing (whatever that is), prestige clubs, and socializing which make her appear vapid and self absorbed. She is happy getting hair colored the morning after Jennifer goes missing. I can’t imagine feeling sympathy for her.

Now - I have been wrong before, and sometimes you have a holdout juror who ignores the Judge’s charge and demands more proof than what the law requires. I pray this is not that case.
So, so well-said! I hope the prosecution puts their case to the jury in just this way.

This is stunning!

@lucegirl, I've been on a plane most of the day using an iPad as I can't yet lift a laptop after breaking my hand last month. I sadly had to work today but I did catch most of the conference this morning as who could miss, 'Horn Horning'! Still have cast on my writing hand from when I was jumped a last month so I can't hold a laptop or type with 2 hands yet and have to use voice option to type, so having 3 monitors wouldn't be of much use to me now!

Sorry to disappoint but I'm totally low tech for now as I can only hold an iPad at this point. But the good news is I am ambidextrous so iPad really is working well during this period of disability!

Thanks for the closing statement, loved it.

Is it typical that the State gets rebuttal but has to fit it into the 1 hr total requirement? This doesn't seem fair to me. How do you think they will handle this issue?
Ah, finally caught up. Sorry to hear about your injury!
As far as how the state will handle their allotted time I'm guessing they will do a brief open. 10-15 minutes. Let the defense use their hour-ish, cause I'm betting they will go over the time limit without much blow back from the bench, and then use the remaining 40-45 minutes to rebut and close it up. But who knows, today is the day and may justice prevail for Jennifer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member