CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reference was to the blaming of PG for a lot of things but the defense not having the "brass" to question PG on the stand but rather blaming PG in closing arguments. The judge sustained the objection and rapped SM for the comments about opposing counsel and basically said don't do it again in fancy judge words.
lol, “fancy judge words”. I like that.

What I found interesting is that the defence made no attempt to make MT “non beige” and humanize her. They in fact cast her for trial as the “beige piece” for some reason I don’t understand.

The jurors saw MT speaking in the LE interviews but didn’t know anything much about her. I do wonder about this choice by defence. Not sure how the “real” MT would have played with the jury but the beige woman hiding behind hair for weeks on end simply seemed odd and off putting and somehow alien. I wonder what the jurors thought?

Once I got over my fury at the discredited report being allowed to be spoken about endlessly by Judge R at trial, I really do wonder if what MT said about the report was her truth (vs the truth) and the reason she was so angry that the report was not allowed was because she believed it to be true? That somehow she was the person who was “ok” and FD wasn’t the monster the world thought he was and this was true because the report said it was?

Or was this all a convenient lie of the MT mind as she has nothing else other than the discredited report to support the idea that she was “healthy”?

I never saw the argument that the report was encouraging to the FD custody claims and that the big lie repeated by Atty Mike rose that there was light at the end of the tunnel was anything but a pipe dream.

Or was the report and its contents simply a way for MT to tell herself she was in one way somehow better than JF because she was “healthy” as she claimed and so she waved it around as badge of her “wellness” without recognizing her role in the toxic relationship in which she was involved with FD and JF or as I called it long ago, “the marriage of 3”.

I simply don’t know what to believe. I do believe that MT had had the report for a long time. Probably copied it from FD. Given that she wrote 67 questions about it for the psychologist she or Mama Troconis had read it.

Why would she risk Contempt charge to display the report?

Simply never saw how the report had anything of value for MT or was it that she simply hated JF and wanted to do anything she could to discredit her and even risked contempt to do so?

I wonder also if MT delusion was such that the report gave her something to hang onto to explain that her tragic misreading of FD and the choices she made in the relationship was correct as they both were “healthy” and
FD was the better parent etc.

Moo
I can’t say that I have ever seen the “invisible” defendant strategy deployed in this manner. Typically it’s the the Librarian facade.

This beige thing is creepy AF. It’s like a ghost on trial. There is no one to hate or blame. There is no one for the jury to cast their eyes upon for a reaction. The D table is several shades of griege. There is no one to convict. It’s a trial about a dead man who killed his wife and maybe had an imaginary accomplice that is just vapor. She is mute, invisible, unaccountable, inert, nonhuman, indistinguishable from counsel, the wall, the table, the floor. Who is on trial? She wouldn’t even set off a motion detector or Ring camera.

I thought the State confronted “the report” head on - bringing up Bipolar the roundabout way they did (attributing it to D’s characterization and animus to Jennifer). “Okay - so the inadmissible report may have said the victim may have been bipolar - what does this have to do with the price of tea in China?” “And nothing changed in so far as supervised custody and no MT/Daughter presence. So why are they ‘happy’?” There is just no “there there”.

She may not fully comprehend the gravity of contempt - not because of language barrier - but just the “I’m untouchable” mindset. FD did it. I knew nothing. Why should I be concerned if I have a document on my screen. What will this judge really do to me. My family is here in court. They will protect me from the mean judge.

I think her head is full of delusions of grandeur that prevent her from acting in a way that shows she understands the consequences she f what is happening. Not because she isn’t competent in the legal sense - but because of her self-entitlement.

Defendant Information
Last, First: TROCONIS MICHELLERepresented By: 101793 J.L.SCHOENHORN
Birth Year: 1974Times on the Docket: 104
Activity:
2/27/2024 10:00 AM​
Docket No:
FST -CR20-0241178-T
Current Charges
StatuteDescriptionClassTypeOccOffense DatePleaVerdict Finding
53a-54aCONSPIRACY TO COMMIT MURDER
B
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019Not Guilty
53a-155CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019
53a-155TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D
Felony​
1​
5/24/2019
53a-155CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
53a-155TAMPERING-PHYSICAL EVIDENCE
D
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019
53a-166*HINDERING PROSECUTION 2ND DEG
C
Felony​
1​
5/29/2019

Attempt or conspiracy is a crime “of the same grade and degree as the most serious offense which is attempted or is an object of the conspiracy, except that an attempt or conspiracy to commit a class A felony is a class B felony” (CGS § 53a-51).

If someone is convicted of attempt or conspiracy to commit a crime other than a class A felony that carries a mandatory minimum sentence, the offender is subject to that mandatory minimum sentence (see State v. Moran, 264 Conn. 593(2003)).

Table 1: Penal Code Crimes Arranged by Class, With Authorized Prison Sentences and Mandatory Minimum Sentences [Pgs 1-28].

Classification(Penalty)/ Crime(CGS §)/ Mandatory Minimum Sentence
(If Applicable).

Class A Felonies — Murder (25 to 60 years):
Murder(53a-54a)/MM-25 years
[Pg 2/28].

Class C Felonies (one to 10 years):
Hindering prosecution 1st degree/(53a-165aa)/MM- Five years
[Pg 8/28].

Class D Felonies (up to five years):
Tampering with or fabricating physical evidence(53a-155) [Pg 14/28].

I didn’t understand what that objection by the Defense was about during that final statement.
Atty McGuinnes was very angry about the insinuations from Horn about PG being a guilty party in the murder of JF and saying so ONLY in CLOSING ARGUMENTS BUT not doing so when he had PG on cross FOR AN ENTIRE DAY. McGuniness said Horn 'didn't have the brass to do it' meaning to confront PG and this is when Judge R sustained the objection and told Mcguiness to 'cool it' with attacking Horn. I do understand the anger from McGuiness as PG was on the stand for cross FOR A VERY LONG TIME and as McGuiness said, "PG stood up to it". MOO

The Atty McGuiness slide presentation of the 'coincidences' or Not for the Defendant I thought was a powerful tool to get the Jury focused on whether the Defence claim of MT 'knowing nothing and being the stupid girlfriend' is plausible OR NOT.

I think the most powerful of these "coincidences' is the Phone Manipulation which @lucegirl did the wonderful post clearly explaining how MT was babysitting the FD phone as FD was in NC murdering JF. That post I thought made crystal clear how yet again FD and MT were moving 'in sync' with their plan and just how very clearly MT understood her role on the Murder Date. MT at no point balked or complained about anything she was doing even when she was making the 5 or so trip back and forth as part of the Car Parade between 80MS and 4Jx where she was burning items on a hot spring day over Memorial Day weekend. MOO

1709108995852.png

Wednesday, February 28th:
*Trial continues (Day 30)-VERDICT WATCH! (@ 10am ET) – CT – Jennifer Rebecca Farber Dulos (50) (May 24, 2019, New Canaan; still missing) – *Michelle C. Troconis (44/now 49) (Dulos’ GF) arrested & charged (6/1/19) & arraigned (6/3/19) with tampering with or fabricating physical evidence & hindering prosecution. Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond (on 6/3/19). These charges were dismissed (8/28/20) & recharged below.
*Charged (9/5/19) & arraigned (10/4/19) with tampering with evidence involving the borrowed car from work colleague & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence (for 5/29/19). Plead not guilty. $100K bond. Posted bond (on 9/5/19). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (1/7/20) with conspiracy to commit murder (for 5/24/19). Plead not guilty. $2M bond. Bond reduced (1/8/20) to $1.5M & bonded out (on 1/9/20). Off GPS 4/6/23.
*Charged (8/28/20) with 2nd degree hindering prosecution, tampering with physical evidence & conspiracy to commit tampering with physical evidence (for 5/24/19). Plead not guilty. $500K bond. Posted bond. Off GPS 4/6/23.
See explanation of charges on post #93 page 5 Thread #66.
The declaration of death for Jennifer was3 officially issued by Judge William P. Osterndorf on October 24, 2023.
Jury Selection began on 10/4/23 & ended 10/26/23. Another jury selection after dismissed jurors on 1/10/24. Now 6 jurors & 2 alternates. (4 women & 4 men). Jury started deliberations on 2/28/24. Time: ~ 15 minutes.
Trial began on 1/11/24. State rested their case on 2/21/24. Defense started their case on 2/21/24 & ended on 2/23/24. Closing arguments were on 2/27/24.
Superior Court Judge Kevin Randolph presiding for trial. Assistant State’s attorney Sean McGuinness & Supervisory assistant State’s attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorneys Jon Schoenhorn & Audrey Felson.
Contempt hearing on 3/5/24 @ 10am.

Bond info & Court info from 6/3/19 thru 12/6/23 & Jury Selection Day 1-11 (10/4-10/26/23), 2nd Jury Selection Day 1-2 (1/9 & 1/10/24) & Trial Day 1-28 (1/11-2/26/24) reference post #450 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-66.705237/page-23

2/27/24 Tuesday Trial Day 29: Closing arguments by Supervisory Assistant State’s Attorney Michelle Manning & defense attorney Jon Schoenhorn. And rebuttal closing by Assistant State’s Attorney Sean McGuinness.
Following closing arguments this morning, Judge Kevin Randolph provided jurors with the court’s instructions ahead of their deliberations. The deliberations come on Day 29 of the trial in the afternoon. Those deliberations will end once the jury reaches a verdict on each of the charges, or, in the event a consensus cannot be reached, with a hung After the jurors left the courtroom to deliberate Tuesday, Randolph released the sole remaining alternate juror from service, though not before one final instruction. He asked the newly released juror to avoid any media coverage or speaking to media members, in case they are required to rejoin the case. The jury ended deliberations for the day before 4:45pm.
for more info see post #1109 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...-canaan-24-may-2019-arrests-66.705237/page-56
Trial continues on Wednesday, 2/28/24 as jury deliberates.

The generational difference between the two closings is remarkable to me. The prosecution engaged us in the evidence and proven actions by narrating, visually linking digital media to the script, and challenging the jurors to almost answer their questions aloud as they guided. The defense was more of a traditional story with fewer digital media presentations and lots of verbal bluster. It is interesting because this feels like the first trial where I could see the stark differences. I think this will set a precedent for how closings will be done if there are video cameras in the courtroom and as jury pools have younger jurors who would be more expectant of a "curated experience", if you will.

Yes, it was near the end of the last lawyer to speak and he said something I regard to how the Defense didn’t have “the brass to…” something and then suddenly you hear an objection from the Defense attorney and then the judge said something. It was all very fast.
That's about how I recall it.

The prosecter was was pointing out that OG endured a day of cross examination and was not asked, in substance, if he did it. The prosecutor said the defense attorney had the tumidity to then imply at closing PG was the "real" co conspirator, in spite of his willingness to speak for himself and answer questions. The prosecutor emphasized that PG was being accused of this by the very person who failed in cross examination to ask that question, annd that person went on to imply he knew the answer in closing statements.

The judge agreed that it was wrong to focus on the defense attorney's bluster rather than the fact that it was not asked in cross. He called it a personal attack. (When I try to use the actual term the judge used, auto correct has to call it "at home in" so I've given up using the judge's more eloquent language.)

MOO

The reference was to the blaming of PG for a lot of things but the defense not having the "brass" to question PG on the stand but rather blaming PG in closing arguments. The judge sustained the objection and rapped SM for the comments about opposing counsel and basically said don't do it again in fancy judge words.
lol, I just posted more or less the same response. Autocorrect does not allow me to use the "fancy judge words."

Great minds think alike. Bummer I posted first, caught up second.

MOO

Just finished listening to closing arguments. The State did a great job laying it all out, the rebuttal was especially good.

I thought JS did okay too, but I'm infuriated at him throwing Pawel under the bus.

I'd vote guilty on each charge, hopefully the jury does the same.

I don't think we'll get a verdict until sometime Thursday at the earliest. A lot for the jury to unpack.

lol, I just posted more or less the same response. Autocorrect does not allow me to use the "fancy judge words."

Great minds think alike. Bummer I posted first, caught up second.

MOO
I thought judge was objecting to … didn’t have the “brass” which was I thought meant to be heard as “didn’t have the BALLS” …
SM definitely could have communicated the same idea with different words … but I appreciate SM’s brass.

Speculation that CBS has been courting them,thus the daily pressers. Also, Papa T told the press that very soon they would speak and explain everything in another way. MOO.
Dennis Murphy was there yesterday in the courthouse-he is with Dateline, so maybe Dateline (NBC) and 48 Hours (CBS) are going to do competing stories?

Ad hominem attacks.

I thought judge was objecting to … didn’t have the “brass” which was I thought meant to be heard as “didn’t have the BALLS” …
SM definitely could have communicated the same idea with different words … but I appreciate SM’s brass.
I agree. Basically, S. was talking about J., not the evidence.

I think S. also was very subtlety pointing out that the defendant was not willing to subject herself to cross examination. In our legal justice system, the decision to stay silent can't be used against a person. So I think S. approached as closely as possible to saying, "Michelle did not enter the witness box and subject herself to cross examination like Pawel did, because Michelle's guilt would have been exposed there, as Pawel's was not."

That the brass and/or bombastic style of J. was attacked almost served to deflect from that the defendant was called out (against the rules) for failing to take the stand.

Yeah. That was brass. I usually don't like pushing that kind of rule (designed to protect civil rights) but I was wowed by the prosecution's close by both M and S. They were way ahead, IMO but hit turbo across the finish line.

MOO

The Atty McGuiness slide presentation of the 'coincidences' or Not for the Defendant I thought was a powerful tool to get the Jury focused on whether the Defence claim of MT 'knowing nothing and being the stupid girlfriend' is plausible OR NOT.

I think the most powerful of these "coincidences' is the Phone Manipulation which @lucegirl did the wonderful post clearly explaining how MT was babysitting the FD phone as FD was in NC murdering JF. That post I thought made crystal clear how yet again FD and MT were moving 'in sync' with their plan and just how very clearly MT understood her role on the Murder Date. MT at no point balked or complained about anything she was doing even when she was making the 5 or so trip back and forth as part of the Car Parade between 80MS and 4Jx where she was burning items on a hot spring day over Memorial Day weekend. MOO

View attachment 486631
MM pointed out, that at the stop to drop the plates in the sewer, they waited then opened their doors simultaneously. I had never noticed the sharp timing of that.

Replying to self to share this one passage that particularly stood out to me as sadly prophetic. Apologies for the sloppy execution - for some reason copy and paste wasn't cooperating for me.
Thank you so much for posting this! I was one of the ones to post her links to make sure others could see her writing and this is the first I’ve seen this!
This passage moved me to tears. She has such a gift of writing.She is so passionate about her children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx