GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mentioned if found guilty, MT still might not be immediately remanded to jail. How would this be the case? If guilty, wouldn’t a person sit in jail and wait for appeal? For example in Iskander case, defendant was found guilty on all charges, cuffed and brought right to prison to await sentencing. I guess I don’t understand why anyone found guilty would not be remanded to prison immediately especially due ti the charges relating to a murder.

I like an easel! And I am not old or an engineer /linear thinker.
I would put a big ole map on it - highlite 4JX and 80 Mt Spr. And highlite a route for a dirt bike between the two. Shoe would have you believe it was mountainous terrain.
Not so much. JMO.
Edit to add - I think there is value in all Six jurors looking at the same thing all at once. I know they have a laptop loaded with evidence but not six laptops loaded with evidence. Correct?
Was it just me?

Horn was going on so much about mountains and cliffs and 100 mile views- I was thinking- dang it he knows the trails were used in this murder somehow- and that's why he's denying it.

MOO

Oooh I can’t wait for Wendy to be charged-and even my husband, who does not follow these things, was excited about Donna being arrested!
Yes so relieved when Donna was nabbed at the airport nearly boarding the flight. Oops! What a crazy complicated convoluted case but I really went down the rabbit hole on those entitled adelsons and hope we have another trial soon (Donna’s, then hopefully Wendi’s).
MOO

I'm worried for @afitzy . @afitzy was deep into a second listen of blown Schoenhorn last we heard. Do we need to organize a Search & Rescue to go in and pull @afitzy to safety?

It's scary in there.
Yes! I was content listening to Charlie Brown's mom then I have to read what he was actually saying...I won't sleep tonight...have we lost afitzy forever?

Okay so I cornered my son to get an outsider’s opinion as he knows nothing about the case.

He is 14.

To be completely fair I shared both sides so I could really truly get a sense of what a juror may think.

I shared everything. I mean everything!

I shared all details of the case we have been following for almost 5 years and what the defense said and p. About everything for both sides as I really want an honest opinion. I explained how she has a young daughter …. I wanted him to be unbiased.

These are his responses:

“If you are innocent, and telling the truth your story wouldn’t change.”

“No way would the guy leave his phone all day… he’d get down the road and return for it.”

“No way would he give his pw.” “If his phone was there by accident, no way would she answer it.” “Why would she?”

“No way would she (Michelle) make that many trips to 80 ms. Did she make that many trips any other day?”

“No way would she clean the house, she’d use the cleaning people.”

“She wouldn’t have a fire if she was cold in May…she’d just turn up the heat. Too much effort to build a fire in the daytime.”

“She wouldn’t drive that far for Starbucks.”

“If she were innocent, she’d turn him in as she’d add up all of these weird things and would want to be safe for her daughter’s sake!”

Boom!

Moo
Wait- your 14 year old listened to you for how long?

It wasn't about anime?

You didn't pay him?

What is your secret? (Sounds like a circumspect kiddo, btw.)

MIO

Brilliant!

I said, she could’ve just been really clueless and trusted him and believed him as they were in love and he was like “no way…. No one would be that naive… especially after she found out Jennifer was missing. No way. He kept repeating,” no way.”

The more I told him, the keys etc. He was like, no… there would be no reason for her to take PG’s keys. Why would she take the keys? No other reason….” Then I got to explaining the car wash and he’s like, no.. there’s no way she wasn’t helping,” I said, if he just called her and said, please pick me up, he’s like no… too suspicious with the missing mom especially after she saw him cleaning the seats of the Tacoma and asking her for the paper towels.”

Sooooo…. There you have it. The jurors heard so much more and saw all of the evidence….

Wait- your 14 year old listened to you for how long?

It wasn't about anime?

You didn't pay him?

What is your secret? (Sounds like a circumspect kiddo, btw.)

MIO

Ha! For a long time, in the hot tub!!!

He became very interested!!! Then I kept going on and on and after the car wash he was like okay, I have heard enough. Guilty. With a missing mom… car wash, he’s like, come on!!!!

It was mentioned if found guilty, MT still might not be immediately remanded to jail. How would this be the case? If guilty, wouldn’t a person sit in jail and wait for appeal? For example in Iskander case, defendant was found guilty on all charges, cuffed and brought right to prison to await sentencing. I guess I don’t understand why anyone found guilty would not be remanded to prison immediately especially due ti the charges relating to a murder.
Because she is a privileged character. If she was poor, and from Bridgeport, New Haven or Waterbury, they’d haul her butt right to prison. But not her, the delicate princess.

Looking forward to the verdict when jurors are mutually confident and ready to present it. My original consensus (prior to the dynamic closings on both sides) is MT guilty on all 6 counts. Can any of the lawyers here explain why none of FD financial info was ever presented during trial as that was clearly the motive to eliminate JFD IMO… it is hard to fathom why people from all walks of life kill …but money is often a top trigger. Always sad and tragic but especially here. I pray there will soon be #JusticeforJennifer

At least on my phone I can see who called, read notifications (the first line of texts) without marking them read.

Too bad FD never got to learn that MT was digging in his phone! He probably felt fine giving her access because of his female-to-male contact list. Didn't figure on her figuring that out.

Regardless he didn't waste any time bringing AC into 4 JC to warm his cockles. [It's a thing. The cockles of one's heart. Words that sound naughty but aren't!]

Bottom line: you can't squeeze loyalty from a narc.

JMO
I thought it was “Cockles”

Because she is a privileged character. If she was poor, and from Bridgeport, New Haven or Waterbury, they’d haul her butt right to prison. But not her, the delicate princess.
But RG from the Iskander case was hauled off to prison. She is way more privileged and wealthy. I think the prosecutor requested it as well. I really hope that’s the case here too

I may never forgive @afitzy for sucking me into a second listen of JS's closing.

Wouldn't have thought it possible, but it's actually worse the second time around.

My favorite --

The State would have you think FD is sneaking through back yards [to get from 4JC to 80 MS] but that's why we showed you the drown footage. It's at the top of a mountain.

So....um...what?

People can't sneak down an incline? This wasn't El Capitan! Like he was going to lose his footing and slip down the cliff.

The drone footage showed how lovely and rolling the area is. Showed how close and advantageous the properties were, accidentally underscoring how easy it would be to move from one to another!

FD didn't fall off any mountains.

The Defense's closing statement did.

JMO
He didn't fall off any mountains, but he did get a nasty rash.

MOO

Rememb
For those who are getting nervous about no verdict, it's virtually impossible IMO for them to return a 'not guilty' on all the charges. So, at a minimum, they have to agree on which to patch and dispatch her.

And, while an immediate verdict of guilty would have soothed our impatience and massaged our souls, slow deliberation is the bedrock of justice. A guilty verdict ought to withstand all scrutiny.

I believe the jury of MT's peers -- who do not share her twinny Petu morals -- are in the process of scrutiny. Weighing evidence. Arguing the contrary.

Good on them for giving the Defense's greased in character witness a second listen. Probably figured like most of us, huh? What was that? How does her testimony relate? How does it lend to a defense? What did we miss?

These jurors are all in. Dedicated. No rush to judgment, no rush to verdict.

It's what we hope for, from every jury.

jmo
Well said. And remember when we were all worried that we were losing jurors left and right which could potentially jeopardize the trial even being able to forward? Huge kudos and thanks (not that they can read it here now) to those dedicated souls who stuck it out all these weeks - cannot have been easy day after day - and are committed to justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE