GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its interesting that the attorney whose name I can never recall seems to spend alot of time intently staring at the Jury. I'd heard that perhaps she had been brought onto Team Schoenhorn as a 'jury consultant'. But its interesting that this look and a few others seems to have her fixated on perhaps 2 jurors in particular. Wonder why? MOO

View attachment 487070
That seems like an INTIMIDATING stare, IMO. Is that what she's trying to do? If I were a juror I would complain to the judge.

That seems like an INTIMIDATING stare, IMO. Is that what she's trying to do? If I were a juror I would complain to the judge.
Horn was in full 'thruster' mode at the time so perhaps she was staring at him but I've seen this look now quite a bit and its directed at someone imo and not being in Court its impossible to know where she is staring. MOO

A small detail, but one thing that appears particularly suspicious, although not admissible etc, is if according to Petu, MT was planning (threatening?) to move to CO, was how hard MT worked after the murder and arrests to align herself with CT.

MT posted photos and captions of CT and how beautiful it was, how much she loved it, in her IG. She made sure everyone knew she was a devout member of Avon Congregational Church and out and about volunteering in CT. Her “interior design” business and her rugs in Petu’s shop.
This combined with her overzealous (and illusory) whipping up of her hot sex life with FD (the jury may not catch this- although SM pointed out the funkiness of her saying that she and FD were “fooling around” on the passenger side of the Tacoma in his closing arguments- but PG didn’t mention this was what was going on when he arrived).

Was she just trying to align herself with CT to try to get the ankle monitor off?
Was she signaling to FD that now that JFD was out of the way she’d stay after all?
Was the whole “move to CO” thing another lie? (She’s obviously based there now, and did own the apt at the time, and it is obviously better for her daughters ski career).

It’s still puzzling why after FDs death she didn’t come clean, or at least do a better, more substantiated, job of navigating her involvement. Perhaps she thought it was worth the gamble of a jury trial. Perhaps she was right. We will find out imminently.

Wondering if this jury will entertain media interviews ? I am always interested in hearing how they deliberated or about issues they had to work through. I have fly on the wall syndrome. Do you all believe we will hear from them ?

Although it frequently happens more these days that the jury speaks publicly, I want to guess that, in this case, the Forman would be a likely candidate for a media interview.

I was slightly displeased that the Jury needed further instruction today on the tampering charge as I felt JR explained it v well to them. MT didn't have to touch the FedEx envelope to know it was going down the city's drain at her feet. That action hindered the investigation. Judge told them that you don't have to see something happen in order to know it happened. One can infer it snowed if there's snow on the ground even if one did not see the snow falling. imo nal.

First time ever, I'm concerned about this jury's verdicts. Guess I best prepare myself JIC.

Although it frequently happens more these days that the jury speaks publicly, I want to guess that, in this case, the Forman would be a likely candidate for a media interview.

I was slightly displeased that the Jury needed further instruction today on the tampering charge as I felt JR explained it v well to them. MT didn't have to touch the FedEx envelope to know it was going down the city's drain at her feet. That action hindered the investigation. Judge told them that you don't have to see something happen in order to know it happened. One can infer it snowed if there if there's snow on the ground even if one did not see the snow falling. imo nal.

First time ever, I'm concerned about this jury's verdicts. Guess I best prepare myself JIC.
I agree I am uncertain and their two requests, Petu and the question today makes my stomach hurt. Definitely dont think it’s a slam dunk by any measure.

I was slightly displeased that the Jury needed further instruction today on the tampering charge as I felt JR explained it v well to them. MT didn't have to touch the FedEx envelope to know it was going down the city's drain at her feet. That action hindered the investigation. Judge told them that you don't have to see something happen in order to know it happened. One can infer it snowed if there if there's snow on the ground even if one did not see the snow falling. imo nal.

Its interesting how we see things differently which is why I love WS! I saw the questions generally trying to precisely adhere to the instruction and that in order to do that it was important to understand each element. It seemed they had differences possibly in their understanding and that was why they sought clarification. I found that encouraging as when they hit a road bump rather than wasting time arguing about it they instead had the Judge advance the deliberation via clarification. MOO

No trial today. Perhaps the MT supporters are enjoying their free time by spending it online. Tickling their keyboards on L&C to the irritation of everyone.
Someone named Sheila seems to be the current target.....

"Sheila it’s quite obvious that you didn’t watch and listen to the trial because she did not lie in the second or the third interview. The police stated her statements were false, but she was simply......
"Either you weren’t listening closely to the trial testimony or you should do some brain exercises to say that to @sheila

I think we can all do with some brain exercises....

Feed is now moving so quickly that it looks like a slot machine....

moo

I thought the question was possibly for one (or more) hold-outs who might be saying that if she didn't physically touch evidence, she was not guilty. I thought the answer should clear that up right away and in favor of conviction on that count. It's interesting to hear how people interpret jury questions.

I am losing my patience too! 10 hours plus now. WTH? She is guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty.
Consider it like this:

They are too dedicated, too invested, too serious to give an immediate verdict, even if they're agreed.

They're following the letter of the law. Following the Court's jury instructions. Which the State brilliantly followed in their closing. Methodically. Chronologically.

IMO the jury is checking its work. Making sure they've done the paperwork correctly as to each charge. MT had her sticky hands in every aspect of this case. Her alibi building made it so FD could attempt to get away with murder. She hated JFd and wanted her out of her orbit. She knew ahead of time which call to take. She busied herself until about noon. She cleaned and drove and burned. She hid the Tacoma key. She accompanied FD on the Tour de Trash. She accompanied FD to the car wash. She refused to be truthful at three separate interviews. She actively tampered, she was an accessory to tampering. She checks all the boxes.

They'll get there.

MOO

I am losing my patience too! 10 hours plus now. WTH? She is guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty.
I'd like to think this is a good jury taking their job very seriously.
They don't seem to be rushing to get out of there.
Taking their lunch breaks, asking for clarification , following the endless amount of jury instructions.
They could very well go into next week before they render a verdict.
Painful for us, I know.
I'm trying to think positive.
MOO.

Its interesting how we see things differently which is why I love WS! I saw the questions generally trying to precisely adhere to the instruction and that in order to do that it was important to understand each element. It seemed they had differences possibly in their understanding and that was why they sought clarification. I found that encouraging as when they hit a road bump rather than wasting time arguing about it they instead had the Judge advance the deliberation via clarification. MOO
I also appreciate the two things they've asked for so far (excluding the easel): Whether Petu's testimony (the only real firsthand, close knowledge provided through a witness) provides an alibi and/or explains the chimney smoke, and whether MT could be guilty without having physically touched certain evidence. I just hope the juror heard the same as a lot of us did.

A small detail, but one thing that appears particularly suspicious, although not admissible etc, is if according to Petu, MT was planning (threatening?) to move to CO, was how hard MT worked after the murder and arrests to align herself with CT.

MT posted photos and captions of CT and how beautiful it was, how much she loved it, in her IG. She made sure everyone knew she was a devout member of Avon Congregational Church and out and about volunteering in CT. Her “interior design” business and her rugs in Petu’s shop.
This combined with her overzealous (and illusory) whipping up of her hot sex life with FD (the jury may not catch this- although SM pointed out the funkiness of her saying that she and FD were “fooling around” on the passenger side of the Tacoma in his closing arguments- but PG didn’t mention this was what was going on when he arrived).

Was she just trying to align herself with CT to try to get the ankle monitor off?
Was she signaling to FD that now that JFD was out of the way she’d stay after all?
Was the whole “move to CO” thing another lie? (She’s obviously based there now, and did own the apt at the time, and it is obviously better for her daughters ski career).

It’s still puzzling why after FDs death she didn’t come clean, or at least do a better, more substantiated, job of navigating her involvement. Perhaps she thought it was worth the gamble of a jury trial. Perhaps she was right. We will find out imminently.
I believe Pawel did mention MT s and FD looking surprised when he arrived and they were at side of Tacoma and FD said it was because fooling around.
Either:
1. They were scrubbing in his car or doing something suss and they used this fooling around as to explanation why they looked surprised/flustered/guilty. (MT/They used sex and periods a lot in explanations as diversion IMO)
2. They actually were frisky after cleaning up all that blood. The rubber gloves, sponge, tape and bags - who can blame them? (That’s Sarcasm if your English is at medium conversation level)

Her “Churchgoing Christian Housewives of CT”was 100% PR! She could never admit to knowing anything because it would be admitted that she is a terrible person.

I also appreciate the two things they've asked for so far (excluding the easel): Whether Petu's testimony (the only real firsthand, close knowledge provided through a witness) provides an alibi and/or explains the chimney smoke, and whether MT could be guilty without having physically touched certain evidence. I just hope the juror heard the same as a lot of us did.
I love how you think so clearly .

They certainly keep short hours in this court. I've followed trials where they deliberate late into the evening and even come in on Saturdays.
Courthouse closes at 5pm, so they can only deliberate until 445. Tbf, the traffic here is atrocious as someone pointed out recently, so I can see how they are trying to be respectful of the jurors and their time/energy. This is physically, mentally, and emotionally draining for all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay