GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great synopsis. And such a sad contrast between the two families and the needs of the affected children.

And we best not overlook another good reason for MT to remain in custody and with full monitoring by the court: as Shannon Miller reported in I believe a recent episode of Dateline, MT is “an international businesswoman “. MOO

I think I got that quote correct. MOO
Yes, classic "Shallow Shannon Seeker of Truth" imo as she alternately calls her a Venezuelan Socialite or International Business Woman but other times calls her an, 'accomplished sportswoman'.

Simply cannot make this stuff up.

MOO

Actually, perhaps we should do a rehash of all the COINCIDENCES that Atty McGuiness put out as breadcrumbs for the jury!

Seeing all those COINCIDENCES lined up a row to me was powerful in its simplicity. I loved his presentation for his passion as well as its logical clarity. But, what I think he did brilliantly vs the defence presentation was connect and have a conversation with the jury. I wonder if this feeling was noticed in the courtroom but I felt it even watching the feed so I bet the jurors felt it. The jurors also no doubt felt zero connection with the defendant who spent the duration of the trial not looking at the jurors and hiding behind a curtain of hair extensions imo. Wrap in the MT 'hair curtain' beige-ness presentation with the HORN never ending HORNING and frankly I would be the jurors had had quite enough by the time HORN was HORNING at them in his closing statement.

I have mixed feelings about juror conversations with the Press. But, I do hope that they defer conversation with the media until the appeal has been filed. Probably won't happen but I can only hope!

With the MT trial, the State was trying a 'no body' case with a great deal of circumstantial evidence and I think the community of defence attorney's in CT didn't give proper credit to the deliberation and focus of the State's presentation. It was also surprising how many of the defence attorneys locally suspected PG of being guilty simply by virtue of his immunity agreement. I also think that the States strong performance put more THAN A FEW local defence attorney HACK on notice that they will have to step up their game and work ethic to keep their clients out of prison.

Contrast the Atty McGuiness clear and concise closing to the presentation of Atty SchoenHORN where even listening to it twice didn't make it that much easier to understand and I do wonder if its simply sour grapes from Atty SchoenHORN to reference the particularly effective closing tactics used by the State. Personally I do wish that he had practiced more as his gross timing errors imo simply sunk him. But, it was the lack of clarify of his presentation to the jurors in closing that I do think sunk him and his client (AND the mountain of evidence the State effectively stacked up against her)!

MOO
The State had a doubly daunting task.

It wasn't just a no body case. It was also a case where the co conspirator who was the most "hands on" in this conspiracy had not been tried and could not be tried, so the state did not have the benefit of a convicted murderer to tie Michelle to, or a co defendant to try along with her.

It was a no-body, no co-defendant case. It would have been easier if Fotis had already faced trial or if he had been tried along with her.

MOO

Yes, but if Judge Blawie didn't think the report was relevant then instead of giving it to Horn then why not take it away from CSP and returning it to Judge Heller? His order made little sense to me as the report was of no value to either the State or Horn?

MOO
I tend to agree....I am trying to find confirmation for the reason CSP had the report. According to my memory, Attorney Meehan suggested to the police that they get a warrant for a copy of the report to help in the search for Jennifer. This was in the initial phase of the investigation.

Does anyone remember this too?

I tend to agree....I am trying to find confirmation for the reason CSP had the report. According to my memory, Attorney Meehan suggested to the police that they get a warrant for a copy of the report to help in the search for Jennifer. This was in the initial phase of the investigation.

@Tink56, the answer to this was in one of the posts a few pages back. CSP I believe found the report in their search of 4JX. Look for the post about Judge Blawie talking about the report and why he gave it to Horn.

Actually, perhaps we should do a rehash of all the COINCIDENCES that Atty McGuiness put out as breadcrumbs for the jury!
You do have the best ideas! Let's form a compilation of the coincidences.
Seeing all those COINCIDENCES lined up a row to me was powerful in its simplicity.
It was the bountifulness and seemingly endlessness amounts of coincidences. One incident stacked on top of the other.
I loved his presentation for his passion as well as its logical clarity. But, what I think he did brilliantly vs the defence presentation was connect and have a conversation with the jury. I wonder if this feeling was noticed in the courtroom but I felt it even watching the feed so I bet the jurors felt it.
McG sat there for over a month presenting the state's evidence against the accused. He's adorable like a teddy bear. The Jury was surely proud of the way he made their job easier.
The jurors also no doubt felt zero connection with the defendant who spent the duration of the trial not looking at the jurors and hiding behind a curtain of hair extensions imo. Wrap in the MT 'hair curtain' beige-ness presentation with the HORN never ending HORNING and frankly I would be the jurors had had quite enough by the time HORN was HORNING at them in his closing statement.
Michelle did not look at the jury often. Even when they were reading the verdict she was told to stand "And Face the Jury."
When her female attorney rubbed her back, then Michelle turned to ignore her but leaned her head, her body, into JS; after I threw up, I thought, "What is he going to do about it?" I think he asked for her jewelry.
I have mixed feelings about juror conversations with the Press. But, I do hope that they defer conversation with the media until the appeal has been filed. Probably won't happen but I can only hope!
I would love to hear from the Foreman when he, or any, is ready. Now is a respectful respite to allow the T's time to calm the heck down before coming forward with the jury scoops.
With the MT trial, the State was trying a 'no body' case with a great deal of circumstantial evidence and I think the community of defence attorney's in CT didn't give proper credit to the deliberation and focus of the State's presentation. It was also surprising how many of the defence attorneys locally suspected PG of being guilty simply by virtue of his immunity agreement. I also think that the States strong performance put more THAN A FEW local defence attorney HACK on notice that they will have to step up their game and work ethic to keep their clients out of prison.

Contrast the Atty McGuiness clear and concise closing to the presentation of Atty SchoenHORN where even listening to it twice didn't make it that much easier to understand and I do wonder if its simply sour grapes from Atty SchoenHORN to reference the particularly effective closing tactics used by the State. Personally I do wish that he had practiced more as his gross timing errors imo simply sunk him. But, it was the lack of clarify of his presentation to the jurors in closing that I do think sunk him and his client (AND the mountain of evidence the State effectively stacked up against her)!
MOO

Inmate #433612 starts her second week of incarceration today. There is no joy in that but a piece of justice.

Well on her way to prison pallor. Greige.

No lattes. No croissants. No private showers.

Can she keep her extensions? Till they fail...

10,000 square feet... to a shared cell...

Married to her phone.... now divorced from it....

I imagine it feels like time has stopped for her.

Well, time stopped for JFd, just after 8 am on May 24, 2019.

IMO if not for her, both Dulos parents would be alive.

Think that dawning will ever rise up in her?

She still has information that could lead to the recovery of JFd's remains, if not the location or manner. She cost the five children their mother and she won't even give them that.

It makes you wonder if her very blood runs beige.

JMO

In today’s Stamford Advocate:

Michelle Troconis' lawyer has 22 reasons why he thinks she should get new trial in Dulos case​

Including the prosecution appealed to emotion and prejudice when they told the jury the case was about the five Dulos children as they sat in front rows of the gallery…

I just remember that I was sort of shocked when I read that Judge B gave JS the report, but then learned that LE had it and that Judge B must've felt defense was then entitled to it. But how did LE get it? Did they get a warrant for it? IIRC, a lawyer then working with NP went to Dulos' home to find his passport when he needed it to bond out-- Then possibly he found the report while looking for the passport? Or maybe NP found it? Or FD gave it to him? If NP had it, why didn't the court order him to keep it confidential?

In today’s Stamford Advocate:

Michelle Troconis' lawyer has 22 reasons why he thinks she should get new trial in Dulos case​

Including the prosecution appealed to emotion and prejudice when they told the jury the case was about the five Dulos children as they sat in front rows of the gallery…
I have 22 reasons why he should sit down.

Jmo

The Farber family for years had a weekend house in Pound Ridge, NY on Mallard Lake Road in Westchester Country. Pound Ridge NY (Westchester County) shares a border with New Canaan, CT (Fairfield County).

Article about long ago search:

FD built a large guesthouse on the property and the family would frequently stay there to visit with GF. The Pound Ridge property also had a lovely lake and was surrounded by woodlands. My point in bringing up this on site construction project is that I believe this project took over a year and so FD was driving back and forth from Farmington to Pound Ridge. Also, its likely that when the family visited GF they made a tour of the many area parks and forests with the children. Its hard unless you see it in person to explain the denseness of the forestry in undeveloped parts of Westchester and some parts of NC adjacent to Westchester. Google earth shows this dense forest land along with the many ponds and lakes etc. Other than a few main roads in Pound Ridge, there is very little traffic and FD would know that as well as which roads to avoid. NC depending on the time of day had much more road traffic and overall imo had higher density than the adjoining Westchester towns.

LE I believe searched the Farber Pound Ridge property and pond at least twice that was reported in the media iirc.

My point in bringing up this property up yet again as its been discussed extensively on WS is that FD had alot of familiarity with Pound Ridge and New Canaan back country areas which are largely wooded and oftentimes subject to 4 acre zoning. Traffic is minimal and depending on the town, the houses might not be occupied during the week as they are used as weekend houses. So, FD knew the backcountry roads, densely wooded areas, area ponds and lakes, large reservoirs that serve NYC and surrounding area as well as the quickest ways to get from the Merritt Parkway or RT 123/7/84 to/from Farmington imo.

I'd mentioned Gray Hughes Investigates as his wonderful Google Earth maps where he plotted the FD Murder day estimated path based on the AA and then made a circle around an area covering those points where FD could have effectively taken the body to a previously made grave and then made it back to Lapham Rd to drop off the JF Suburban. 40 min time gap isn't alot of time for FD to do everything himself so iirc, Gray Hughes had the theory of a second accomplice in NC. These videos aren't available any longer so far as I know but they offered up some solid ideas imo.

If FD passed the body off to an accomplice in a remote location and simply drove the JF Suburban back to Lapham Rd then I'm not sure how the body could be located unless a lucky camera somewhere captured a relevant image. If the vehicle stayed on the NY State side of the border and took back roads, imo it could go quite a distance heading South and not hit a govt road camera. The closer to NYC any vehicle goes, the population density escalates rapidly too. But, its possible to avoid alot of this by heading North up the Hudson River. Just speculation as we clearly have no information on what exactly happened for the 40 min gap in NC or even whether there was an accomplice.

We do know that both FD and KM seemed to be sporting bruises on their heads (FD in Starbucks video and KM in his AA photo iirc) after the murder date and KM I believe said he fell and injured himself and even lost his phone. How did these injuries occur and did they happen at the same time? Or, were FD and MT apart and just happened to both bang their heads?

NCPD put the word out after the JF murder for people in certain locations to save any security footage for their review. I don't think we ever knew exactly how many hours of footage was reviewed as part of this process, but I do wonder if it might have captured either FD or a possible accomplice.

In the year prior to the murder of JF, FD was building a house in NC on Sturbridge Hill Road. This is the property where PG was working on the date of the murder of JF doing finishing work (iirc he was installing locks). This property was essentially completed and was just awaiting landscaping at the time of JF Murder. This property also had a red dumpster which along with the property was subject to multiple searched by CSP.

What I always found curious was that LE knew the Sturbridge house was complete YET they allowed MT to talk over and over about tossing construction debris on Albany Avenue. This never made sense as all the construction debris at Sturbridge was removed and FD allegedly was not in NC on JF murder day either. MT knew that all the FORE houses were complete and there was no construction debris. So, why tell this lie and also why encourage her family to say in recent interviews that 'they too went on garbage dump trips with FD'? IMO its implausible but I also don't know why LE never called MT on her lie about this issue as it relates to Albany Ave. Also, we know that the garbage pick up date in Farmington was Friday so why not just use his regular trash pick up to get rid of trash?

NC also has a sizable Transfer Station which FD would have had access to via his ownership of Sturbridge. We never knew if LE searched the transfer station. I also don't recall whether the NC transfer station had cameras at the time of the JF Murder but they do have cameras now.

Many here have long speculated about somewhat remote and partially dirt covered roads Silver Spring Rd in NC (myself included as it seemed a perfect location) but we never heard if this area had been searched by LE.

So, FD had alot of time spent in/around NC and adjoining Westchester County. I wish we knew more about the FD activities in the days prior to the JF Murder. I suspect LE has much more information on the issue than was presented at MT trial. Hopefully more will be presented at the KM trial.

It still shocks me with the overall scope and cost (high estimate of $10 million and low estimate of $5 million) of the investigation that the body has never been recovered.

If you have any suggestions on other ways to think about what might have happened in NC on the Murder Date I'm sure everyone here would jump back into discussion as its been awhile since this topic was discuss and having your expertise and 'fresh eyes' my friend might give a welcomed breakthrough!

MOO
Your mention of FD’s bruised head shortly after the murder reminded me: FD also had a large blood blister under the nail of his ring finger on his left hand, seen when he was spotted jogging wearing his ankle monitor. If you zoom in, you can see it on the first photo after the video in this Daily Mail article:

It’s grown out nearly to the tip of his nail in that photo, so must have happened several days before, perhaps associated with the day JFD disappeared.

I just remember that I was sort of shocked when I read that Judge B gave JS the report, but then learned that LE had it and that Judge B must've felt defense was then entitled to it. But how did LE get it? Did they get a warrant for it? IIRC, a lawyer then working with NP went to Dulos' home to find his passport when he needed it to bond out-- Then possibly he found the report while looking for the passport? Or maybe NP found it? Or FD gave it to him? If NP had it, why didn't the court order him to keep it confidential?
I believe everything in your OP is true as it appears there were AT LEAST two copies of the discredited report as Pattis had one and CSP found one at 4Jx (during the raid under search warrant iirc).

What I’m curious about is if MT had a full copy also either in hard copy or digitized? This would bring the report count up to three at a minimum.

We know MT used the report to do her “research” and compile her 67 questions for the therapist visit that she had scheduled with FD.

Just guessing that MT isnt the hardest and most diligent worker in the world AND because she no doubt wanted the “psychological expertise” of her non licensed mental health counselor mother, my guess is she might have digitized the report and sent it to Mama T AS well.

We then don’t know if any possibly digitized version made it to the infamous Troconis Crew WhatsApp chat?

I do think CSP should at a minimum remove the report from MT computer and her cloud or any hard drive.

But I hope that eventually we see civil litigation against the Troconis crew as a group including MT to remove the report and stop their collective ability to profit from the murder of JF. Seeing them in action now for 5 years you know the monetization angle is going to happen as they have to be cash strapped at this point. Just can’t see it being right that they make any money beyond what they have gotten already from NBC and CBS! Just wrong imo.
Moo

Your mention of FD’s bruised head shortly after the murder reminded me: FD also had a large blood blister under the nail of his ring finger on his left hand, seen when he was spotted jogging wearing his ankle monitor. If you zoom in, you can see it on the first photo after the video in this Daily Mail article:

It’s grown out nearly to the tip of his nail in that photo, so must have happened several days before, perhaps associated with the day JFD disappeared.
Yes, you are correct. That is one big blood blister! Maybe was from digging or dragging too? Or, perhaps it got slammed in the Thule (been there done that and it’s painful!).

It’s covering the entire nail. Article below says it goes dark or brown 2-3 days after injury! Yikes.

Cleveland Clinic explanation of the condition:

IMG_1062.jpeg
Moo

For folks upset by the ongoing soundtrack project please scroll and roll. Apologies in advance....

Was going through WS PM's this am and am sitting on a number of requests for additions to the soundtrack and this one I thought was great.

On a serious note I do very much wonder about the dropped US Federal investigation into Andreas. Might just be worth a FOIA request unless its sealed. Am curious whether we might see some of this evidence in any eventual KM trial?

Vintage hard rock and the PM asked that the 'shoutout be made to the TOOT BROTHERS' as the person believed that Andreas and his brother played some roll in the murder of JF BEYOND the alibi call set up that was on the FD timeline (MT answered the iirc 17 sec call and then in true MT fashion she made the sound for transatlantic crackling etc.).

Shoutout to the Toot Brothers.
Artist: AC/DC Track: "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap"

MOO

Press catching up on the MT "Screengate" Contempt episode:

Quotes from article:

Interesting detail as this is first 'press' reference to role of Mama Troconis in the episode:

"At the point when Manning and McGuinness looked over to see what was on Troconis' screen, her mother, Marisela Arrezza, "rose up from her seat in the front row, behind the defense, and either tapped Michelle T. or otherwise got her attention, and Troconis immediately pulled down the document and returned the screen to her normal background," Luft said in the statement, according to the warrant".

Wonder if Mama T will be charged?

"Troconis was present in the courtroom a few years ago when her attorney Jon Schoenhorn was told that only her defense team could view the report and that its contents were otherwise sealed from public view, including herself, the warrant stated".

Wonder about the use of the word, "VIEWED"....don't see any mention of the SPOKEN WORD as the report was spoken about extensively by Jon Schoenhorn, Audrey Felsin/felson/felsen who knows but also the TROCONIS CREW AND MT? At what point in all of this public chatter by all these folks do we enter defamation/slander territory regarding the Victim MT and her children?

MOO

Last edited:
Apologies in advance as this is an NBC CT link but it was 'exclusive' and so only available here.

Carrie Luft - NBC CT 'Exclusive Interview" from Darien - IMO Classic Carrie Luft, powerful, impactful and compassionate always and worth a watch:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member