GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! Thank you.
Were you able to figure out why Horn sued the family court clerk as an individual? Was this him just “horning” as all prior attempts had failed?
Moo
I wasn't aware he sued the family court clerk. I believe JS did file a writ of mandamus in another court to have the court compel the Stamford official court reporter to produce a transcript to him of the family court hearing at which Dr. Herman began to testify about the report, but then refused to testify further, causing Judge Heller to seal the hearing (and the report). There's a CT statute that says the court reporter is required to produce transcript for anyone who requests it and pays for it, providing the hearing wasn't sealed. JS alleged Judge Heller didn't seal the hearing per procedural rules. The CT Atty General represented the court reporter. AG gave JS part of transcript, but not Herman's testimony. CT SC ruled to the effect that one court couldn't overrule another court's ruling and that JS should go to the family court to request the redacted part of the transcript. As far as I know, he didn't try that. Lucegirl, or other verified attorneys, please correct me if I'm wrong on my understanding of this.

I wasn't aware he sued the family court clerk. I believe JS did file a writ of mandamus in another court to have the court compel the Stamford official court reporter to produce a transcript to him of the family court hearing at which Dr. Herman began to testify about the report, but then refused to testify further, causing Judge Heller to seal the hearing (and the report). There's a CT statute that says the court reporter is required to produce transcript for anyone who requests it and pays for it, providing the hearing wasn't sealed. JS alleged Judge Heller didn't seal the hearing per procedural rules. The CT Atty General represented the court reporter. AG gave JS part of transcript, but not Herman's testimony. CT SC ruled to the effect that one court couldn't overrule another court's ruling and that JS should go to the family court to request the redacted part of the transcript. As far as I know, he didn't try that. Lucegirl, or other verified attorneys, please correct me if I'm wrong on my understanding of this.
I will go back and look at this again but my recollection was that Horn sued the clerk personally and in his own name as an individual. I didn’t understand why he did it this way?

What a long winding road on this particular topic as I’m now totally confused as I didn’t realise this all made to CT Supreme Court.

Why would he spend so much time and effort on something that didn’t help his case? Was it all for the perception of it helping his case vs the realty?

Totally above my pay grade so will send up an SOS to @lucegirl who is now the official legal “kazoo” of the Thread!

Moo

Hi, here is lookup page. It’s all I could get quickly but I think it’s the third or fourth one on the list that I recall. @lucegirl

IMG_1067.jpeg

Found this too. I think we might just both be referring to same event.

IMG_1068.jpeg

I will go back and look at this again but my recollection was that Horn sued the clerk personally and in his own name as an individual. I didn’t understand why he did it this way?

What a long winding road on this particular topic as I’m now totally confused as I didn’t realise this all made to CT Supreme Court.

Why would he spend so much time and effort on something that didn’t help his case? Was it all for the perception of it helping his case vs the realty?

Totally above my pay grade so will send up an SOS to @lucegirl who is now the official legal “kazoo” of the Thread!

Moo
Yes, he did file the motion/writ against the court reporter in his own name--I guess trying to show that the statute requires the court reporter to produce a transcript of a hearing to anyone who requests it (and can pay for it) unless a judge seals the hearing.
Schoenhorm v. Melodie Moss

Moo

An old article about Dr. Herman getting ready to testify in divorce case of model Christie Brinkley--his thoughts on how he's preparing for it. A report by itself can't be evidence--it needs his testimony to verify it. JS and MT no doubt were very curious as to what made Dr. Herman leave the stand mid-testimony and render the report useless.

Moo
Sounds like a psychological problem to me. Obsessive/Compulsive syndrome perhaps?

Yes, he did file the motion/writ against the court reporter in his own name--I guess trying to show that the statute requires the court reporter to produce a transcript of a hearing to anyone who requests it (and can pay for it) unless a judge seals the hearing.
Schoenhorm v. Melodie Moss
Suing the court reporter personally sounds like some kind of revenge / harassment. Literally no idea, but it sounds like what an angry person would do another - to embarrass/punish w legal fees.

When Schoenhorn sought the transcripts from the proceedings, which he argues he needs in the defense of his client, he was denied them by Chief Court Reporter Melodie Moss. Schoenhorn sued Moss, but lost the case because Superior Court Judge David Sheriden essentially said the suit against Moss was an indirect shot at the decision to seal the documents, wrote CT Insider.

When Schoenhorn sought the transcripts from the proceedings, which he argues he needs in the defense of his client, he was denied them by Chief Court Reporter Melodie Moss. Schoenhorn sued Moss, but lost the case because Superior Court Judge David Sheriden essentially said the suit against Moss was an indirect shot at the decision to seal the documents, wrote CT Insider.

Thanks for this! It linked to the SC and Appellate site that I had trouble accessing for the actual documents.

Why would Horn go through all of this work, time and expense of something that on the surface didn't look like it would/could/maybe help his case?

Horn brief link: https://appellateinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentDisplayer.aspx?AppId=2&DocId=G3CYTBlYt4XI7KmjEADE9A==

State brief link: https://appellateinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentDisplayer.aspx?AppId=2&DocId=RTPN3kblS6P9IymAFYLB/w==

Had a good giggle from this zinger from Atty General Tong about Horn Horning:

"He launches irrelevant and inflammatory accusations against Judge Heller, Moss’ counsel, and Moss herself of an alleged “secret ex parte order from a judge (a dubious and probably unlawful act).” AB at 13. He argues that the Trial Court should not have considered the certified transcript when deciding the motion to dismiss and asks this Court to “ignore” that same transcript. AB at 10 n.3. Once again, the arguments lack support and ignore well-established principles".

IMO looks like Atty General Tong has the 'number' of the "Esteemed Defence Counsel"....

and

"Requiring third party intervention to seek access to unlawfully sealed – otherwise public – transcripts, and summon former antagonists and other interested parties to voice their opinion, is unsound."

MOO

@lucegirl

@lucegirl Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 19.18.38.pngScreenshot 2024-03-08 at 19.19.02.pngScreenshot 2024-03-08 at 19.19.35.pngScreenshot 2024-03-08 at 19.19.58.png

Last edited:
Thanks to @Gardinista and @Seattle1 for all the documents, links, timelines, and other critical information. There is just a treasure-trove of information that resides here; and, I love it when I run a Google search, and I get hits on Webslueths!

This post is a bit long - but sometimes putting things in chronological order is so worth it. (Pardon any typos and/or spelling names wrong).

Venue 1: Family Court (Superior Court)

The Family Court closed the case of Dulos v. Dulos on 2/4/20 under very grim circumstances for Jennifer, her kids, family and friends.

Schoenhorn begins his quest for a copy of the Hermann hearing transcript and report, from the Family Court, shortly after he was retained by MT (3/11/20)(this is after after the Family Court case is closed)(MT told Horn the report existed because FD told her of it and believed it was “favorable”).

The Family Court denied Schoenhorn’s request because the hearing was closed by the judge, to the public, due to the sensitive nature of the custody situation, as to the 5 motherless minors; and, accordingly, the transcript and report were sealed aka not-public.

CT Courts must give the public advance notice that a hearing is to be closed to avoid public perception that courts are acting in secret. All this does is to allow the public “to be heard and/or object to the hearing being closed”. The Judge can then promptly rule that there are interests (minor children caught in a custody fight) that outweigh the general interest of the public (transparency of courts; things not done in “secret”). The opportunity to be heard goes on the record. Everyone moves on, except for the unhinged.

Undeterred by the denial of the Hermann transcript/report, Schoenhorn looks for the Family Court public record confirming that the hearing had been properly closed to the public. Annoyed, but just warming up, he cannot find said record; so, he continues to pester the Family Court for the hearing transcript and report because he sees no record of the hearing being closed. Henceforth - hand it over.

The Family Court replies that it inadvertently failed to publish the sealing notice, but the transcript and custody report are nevertheless still sealed due to the sensitive material per the oral order of Judge Heller.

Schoenhorn is provided with the unsealed portion of the transcript where Judge Heller addresses the lack of advance public notice straight on (this is Judge Heller knowing how to do her job before Schoenhorn has even been retained!) Judge Heller: “we don’t always have the advantage of two weeks…what we are going to do this afternoon is I’m going to post a sign on the door; it seems to be very quiet here, if it turns out we have people coming in and out, I will deal with that but for now I’m closing the courtroom during Dr. Herman’s testimony…”

So the judge did in fact address the procedural issue that Schoenhorn later finds to be a violation of constitutional law.

Schoenhorn continues to agitate the Family Court until the Court ultimately tells him the case is closed (because it is sadly a moot custody case now) and to go away.

For those of you waiting for some extended horning - here you go “it’s not a legitimate order, and if it’s not a legitimate order, it doesn’t have to be followed by anyone; it is deserving of no credit or deference, unlike the situation where a court issues a legitimate order, subject to reversal; I am saying that this wasn’t legitimate, it didn’t follow any legitimate procedure, it is invisible, it didn’t even exist in the docket.” Invisible! Yikes!

Venue 2: Judge Blawie Criminal Court (Superior Court)

So Horn spent the better part of 2020 sparring with the Family Court about whether Judge Heller can properly run her own courtroom in the best interest of the minors.

He wasted all this time instead of doing what a rational and competent criminal lawyer would do - which is to file a flipping Brady motion in the court where his client is charged with conspiracy to commit murder (in the Blawie court). The State (it being in possession of the Hermann report because it was obtained by LE under a warrant, has a duty under Brady, to turn over exculpatory evidence to the defense; otherwise, prejudicial error on the part of the trial court might be found and a new trial ordered).

Now - he finally realizes he should have used his time more wisely with a Brady motion and filed one in/around January 2021 (in Blawie’s court). He did not succeed in getting the Hermann report in Blawie’s court the first time around (February 18, 2021). But that isn’t a defeat yet.

Venue 3: Judge Sheridan Random Superior Court

At this point, April 26, 2021, the Horn pressure cooker has a full head of steam; getting the report is now personal (never mind his client). Schoenhorn then takes the Family Court technical fumble to the next level; so far so, I think, he became possessed and unable to behave rationally and in the interest of his client.

He shines on the Family Court’s jurisdiction and files an action in another Superior Court jurisdiction hoping that court will school the closely-related Family Court for such an egregious procedural error. What? Appealing to another Superior Court - that is not how this works.

So, Schoenhorn becomes a Plaintiff in a writ of mandamus against the Chief Court Reporter of the Family Court (now a Defendant!), in Judge Sheridan’s courtroom, on the grounds that Defendant didn’t comply with the written portion of the public notice requirement in violation of her constitutional duties. Really? Didn’t Judge Heller put a note on the door?

Erstwhile, Schoenhorn tells the media he is “proceeding with the case on principle”, as a Plaintiff, he says he is injured because Judge Heller “did not properly seek a sealing order for the divorce hearing…This being done on the idea that this was a public hearing that is constitutionally required to be held in open court. I’m just another member of the public who is curious about what happened in a public courtroom in contentious litigation between rich people.” Huh?

Further, he deflects the notion that this filing is “forum shopping”. “So I have to ask a judge to lift an order that was never legal in the first place?”

And some more horning “I believe that the illegal withholding of court transcripts without a public hearing, a right to object, and a finding of good cause, outweighs the public’s right to attend court proceedings, and is unconstitutional. I brought the civil action on my own behalf as a matter of principle. I guess the court is not as concerned as I remain about the secret proceedings held behind closed doors without a good cause finding.”

Not surprisingly, Judge Sheridan does not bring Schoenhorn good news. “This court lacks jurisdiction to issue a mandamus because it will require this court to invalidate the sealing order of another Superior Court judge in another case.”

How many judges is he willing to burn through in the state in which he practices law?

Back to Venue 2: Judge Blawie‘s Criminal Court

After a month after ranting and raging, and burdening more courts, unsuccessfully, he gets another shot at his Brady motion before Judge Blawie, on May 25th, 2021, having filed more motions for reconsideration in this venue (at least this motion is in the name of his client and not himself).

This is the remote video hearing, with additional horning, through a Covid mask, whilst turning himself purple with outrage - and voila - he gets a copy from Blawie because “it is reasonable to conclude the report may have exculpatory information, and if the State has it, I see no reason that the Defense should be restricted from having a copy.” This Judge doesn’t want to have a trial verdict thrown out because of a Brady violation. (Set aside whether the document comes in at trial; that is an evidentiary/admissibility issue different from the Defense being entitled to see the potentially exculpatory evidence in the first instance.)

But Judge Blawie rightly conditions Schoenhorn’s access per the Practice Book. Schoenhorn can’t disseminate the report; it’s still under seal; and,it’s premature to say if it is admissible ever, in any shape or form. This ruling is just to preserve any possible appellate issue related to the defendant not being given access to exculpatory evidence under Brady.

Venue 4: CT Supreme Court

So now he has the damn report! But it is under seal and can’t be made public. That isn’t good enough if he can’t use it in trial; so back to Plaintiff mode!

Endless pages of pleadings are generated by Plaintiff and Defendant (so much wasted resources) as Schoenhorn is not done scorching the earth.

Schoenhorn goes to the CT Supreme Court - hoping the highest state court will box the ears of the junior courts and declare the Hermann transcript/report “public” by virtue of the Family Court procedural fumble.

I can’t even begin to get into the weeds of the 67 page CT Supreme Court filing he submitted on his own behalf. Suffice to say, the Plaintiff was rebuked, in the harshest of terms by the high court (again in the state where he practices law).

He is a bull in the china shop at this point.

“When a plaintiff brings an impermissible collateral attack on another court’s sealing order, by way of an action for a writ of mandamus, no practical relief can be granted, and the Court lacks competency to adjudicate the matter.”

Super Court Chief Justice Richard Robinson said granting Plaintiff’s motion would result in “Judge Shopping” and “chaos in our courts”.

If I am a member of the Connecticut State Bar, the last thing I want my name associated with, as a plaintiff before the State Supreme Court, is that my legal position would result in chaos. Ouch!

Venue 5: Judge R

So there we have it up until Judge Randolph inherited the turd in the punch bowl.

To be continued … after Contempt of Court Hearing (Venue 6 and counting)…

Thanks to @Gardinista and @Seattle1 for all the documents, links, timelines, and other critical information. There is just a treasure-trove of information that resides here; and, I love it when I run a Google search, and I get hits on Webslueths!

This post is a bit long - but sometimes putting things in chronological order is so worth it. (Pardon any typos and/or spelling names wrong).

The Family Court closed the case of Dulos v. Dulos on 2/4/20 under very grim circumstances for Jennifer, her kids, family and friends.

Schoenhorn begins his quest for a copy of the Hermann hearing transcript and report, from the Family Court, shortly after he was retained by MT (3/11/20)(this is after after the Family Court case is closed)(MT told Horn the report existed because FD told her of it and believed it was “favorable”).

The Family Court denied Schoenhorn’s request because the hearing was closed by the judge, to the public, due to the sensitive nature of the custody situation, as to the 5 motherless minors; and, accordingly, the transcript and report were sealed aka not-public.

CT Courts must give the public advance notice that a hearing is to be closed to avoid public perception that courts are acting in secret. All this does is to allow the public “to be heard and/or object to the hearing being closed”. The Judge can then promptly rule that there are interests (minor children caught in a custody fight) that outweigh the general interest of the public (transparency of courts; things not done in “secret”). The opportunity to be heard goes on the record. Everyone moves on, except for the unhinged.

Undeterred by the denial of the Hermann transcript/report, Schoenhorn looks for the Family Court public record confirming that the hearing had been properly closed to the public. Annoyed, but just warming up, he cannot find said record; so, he continues to pester the Family Court for the hearing transcript and report because he sees no record of the hearing being closed. Henceforth - hand it over.

The Family Court replies that it inadvertently failed to publish the sealing notice, but the transcript and custody report are nevertheless still sealed due to the sensitive material per the oral order of Judge Heller.

Schoenhorn is provided with the unsealed portion of the transcript where Judge Heller addresses the lack of advance public notice straight on (this is Judge Heller knowing how to do her job before Schoenhorn has even been retained!) Judge Heller: “we don’t always have the advantage of two weeks…what we are going to do this afternoon is I’m going to post a sign on the door; it seems to be very quiet here, if it turns out we have people coming in and out, I will deal with that but for now I’m closing the courtroom during Dr. Herman’s testimony…”

So the judge did in fact address the procedural issue that Schoenhorn later finds to be a violation of constitutional law.

Schoenhorn continues to agitate the Family Court until the Court ultimately tells him the case is closed (because it is sadly a moot custody case now) and to go away.

For those of you waiting for some extended horning - here you go “it’s not a legitimate order, and if it’s not a legitimate order, it doesn’t have to be followed by anyone; it is deserving of no credit or deference, unlike the situation where a court issues a legitimate order, subject to reversal; I am saying that this wasn’t legitimate, it didn’t follow any legitimate procedure, it is invisible, it didn’t even exist in the docket.” Invisible! Yikes!

So Horn spent the better part of 2020 sparring with the Family Court about whether Judge Heller can properly run her own courtroom in the best interest of the minors.

He wasted all this time instead of doing what a rational and competent criminal lawyer would do - which is to file a flipping Brady motion in the court where his client is charged with conspiracy to commit murder (in the Blawie court). The State (it being in possession of the Hermann report because it was obtained by LE under a warrant, has a duty under Brady, to turn over exculpatory evidence to the defense; otherwise, prejudicial error on the part of the trial court might be found and a new trial ordered).

Now - he finally realizes he should have used his time more wisely with a Brady motion and filed one in/around January 2021 (in Blawie’s court). He did not succeed in getting the Hermann report in Blawie’s court the first time around (February 18, 2021). But that isn’t a defeat yet.

At this point, April 26, 2021, the Horn pressure cooker has a full head of steam; getting the report is now personal (never mind his client). Schoenhorn then takes the Family Court technical fumble to the next level; so far so, I think, he became possessed and unable to behave rationally and in the interest of his client.

He shines on the Family Court’s jurisdiction and files an action in another Superior Court jurisdiction hoping that court will school the closely-related Family Court for such an egregious procedural error. What? Appealing to another Superior Court - that is not how this works.

So, Schoenhorn becomes a Plaintiff in a writ of mandamus against the Chief Court Reporter of the Family Court (now a Defendant!), in Judge Sheridan’s courtroom, on the grounds that Defendant didn’t comply with the written portion of the public notice requirement in violation of her constitutional duties. Really? Didn’t Judge Heller put a note on the door?

Erstwhile, Schoenhorn tells the media he is “proceeding with the case on principle”, as a Plaintiff, he says he is injured because Judge Heller “did not properly seek a sealing order for the divorce hearing…This being done on the idea that this was a public hearing that is constitutionally required to be held in open court. I’m just another member of the public who is curious about what happened in a public courtroom in contentious litigation between rich people.” Huh?

Further, he deflects the notion that this filing is “forum shopping”. “So I have to ask a judge to lift an order that was never legal in the first place?”

And some more horning “I believe that the illegal withholding of court transcripts without a public hearing, a right to object, and a finding of good cause, outweighs the public’s right to attend court proceedings, and is unconstitutional. I brought the civil action on my own behalf as a matter of principle. I guess the court is not as concerned as I remain about the secret proceedings held behind closed doors without a good cause finding.”

Not surprisingly, Judge Sheridan does not bring Schoenhorn good news. “This court lacks jurisdiction to issue a mandamus because it will require this court to invalidate the sealing order of another Superior Court judge in another case.”

How many judges is he willing to burn through in the state in which he practices law?

After a month after ranting and raging, and burdening more courts, unsuccessfully, he gets another shot at his Brady motion before Judge Blawie, on May 25th, 2021, having filed more motions for reconsideration in this venue (at least this motion is in the name of his client and not himself).

This is the remote video hearing, with additional horning, through a Covid mask, whilst turning himself purple with outrage - and voila - he gets a copy from Blawie because “it is reasonable to conclude the report may have exculpatory information, and if the State has it, I see no reason that the Defense should be restricted from having a copy.” This Judge doesn’t want to have a trial verdict thrown out because of a Brady violation. (Set aside whether the document comes in at trial; that is an evidentiary/admissibility issue different from the Defense being entitled to see the potentially exculpatory evidence in the first instance.)

But Judge Blawie rightly conditions Schoenhorn’s access per the Practice Book. Schoenhorn can’t disseminate the report; it’s still under seal; and,it’s premature to say if it is admissible ever, in any shape or form. This ruling is just to preserve any possible appellate issue related to the defendant not being given access to exculpatory evidence under Brady.

So now he has the damn report! But it is under seal and can’t be made public. That isn’t good enough if he can’t use it in trial; so back to Plaintiff mode!

Endless pages of pleadings are generated by Plaintiff and Defendant (so much wasted resources) as Schoenhorn is not done scorching the earth.

Schoenhorn goes to the CT Supreme Court - hoping the highest state court will box the ears of the junior courts and declare the Hermann transcript/report “public” by virtue of the Family Court procedural fumble.

I can’t even begin to get into the weeds of the 67 page CT Supreme Court filing he submitted on his own behalf. Suffice to say, the Plaintiff was rebuked, in the harshest of terms by the high court (again in the state where he practices law).

“When a plaintiff brings an impermissible collateral attack on another court’s sealing order, by way of an action for a writ of mandamus, no practical relief can be granted, and the Court lacks competency to adjudicate the matter.”

Super Court Chief Justice Richard Robinson said granting Plaintiff’s motion would result in “Judge Shopping” and “chaos in our courts”.

If I am a member of the Connecticut State Bar, the last thing I want my name associated with, as a plaintiff before the State Supreme Court, is that my legal position would result in chaos. Ouch!

So there we have it up until Judge Randolph inherited the turd in the punch bowl.

lolol, the way you explained the series of events and the feelings you described are exactly the way I was imagining it in my mind as I read the court docs. I wish I was as eloquent as you (and the rest of y'all)

At times I wondered if it was all done at MT's bidding, but then I looked through his appellate cases and it seems like this is a regular deal for him. I bet there is lots of eye rolling when judges see his name on their docket.

OMG. That is unbelievable! He must be considered a pariah by every judge in CT. I’m so glad the truth prevailed in this case as he is what gives lawyers a bad name. Thank you so much for posting all of that.

lolol, the way you explained the series of events and the feelings you described are exactly the way I was imagining it in my mind as I read the court docs. I wish I was as eloquent as you (and the rest of y'all)

At times I wondered if it was all done at MT's bidding, but then I looked through his appellate cases and it seems like this is a regular deal for him. I bet there is lots of eye rolling when judges see his name on their docket.
Absolutely.

@lucegirl,

I'm quite worried about you as it looks like you have truly scraped the bowels of the Judiciary files in CT in trying to get to the bottom of this confusing situation! Have you figured out why Horn did any of this as it seemed like a fruitless effort but also quite time consuming and certainly expensive for his client?

Looks like you are 'well into the weeds' along with Horn and by all accounts what appears on the surface to be a major 'toddler temper tantrum' and oddly highly personalised by Horn that resulted in alot of trees being killed unnecessarily and many wasted hours of judicial time etc. I think I counted at least 5 Judges and the CT Supreme CT and the CT Atty General as having been in the path of "Horn Horning".

Yikes. I'm calling Room Service for another bottle stat!

I've been following along with your document trail at a slower pace as I'm not an attorney and this is all painfully procedural and I kinda/sorta/maybe understand this maze that Horn went through to get the report but as a lay person I don't understand why Horn didn't go the route of the Brady Hearing in Criminal Court that you referenced rather than spending a year or more with Family Court Clerk etc.? Did Horn essentially just not understand how things worked and so simply wasted alot of time? If he is 'supposedly' a criminal attorney then as you point out why not pursue the Brady Hearing immediately in Criminal Court on behalf of his client MT? Was there some reason he so focused on the Family Court vs the Criminal Court?

I gave up reading the Horn Supreme Court brief and simply focused on the brief prepared by State AG Tong for a summary of the tortured process.

But, Horn's tortured path seemed unnecessary as you point out (Brady hearing in Criminal Court with Judge White or Blawie could have addressed it or solved it) so I'm trying to figure out why he did things the way he did?

Can you imagine how much the Client was billed for over a year of fruitless efforts in Family Court? Was he simply irritated that the Family Court would not accommodate his initial request and so the 'scorched earth' motion fest in various Courts and many Judges followed? He oddly seems to see 'conspiracy' behind every denied request too and I still don't understand him pursuing the Clerk in Family Court as an Individual? He also never seemed concerned with the issues of confidentiality of the underlying information and imo he certainly didn't follow the Judge Blawie guidelines for the report either as he did talk about the report publicly in a number of his 'Courtroom Step Exclusives with NBC CT'!

But, from a macro perspective I'm trying to understand what he hoped to accomplish with all this FOR HIS CLIENT and her DEFENCE IN CRIMINAL COURT?

Would Horn undertake this entire multi year campaign in what appears a 'scorched earth' campaign SIMPLY because MT claimed the 'report was favourable'? Simply doesn't make much sense that he believed this as MT allegedly also said that she hadn't seen the whole Herman report either (not so sure I believe this and I'm not sure if Atty Bowman believed it either). But, we also saw Judge Blawie claiming the discredited Herman Report doesn't impact Horn's criminal case or something along those lines but Horn didn't stop even after Judge Blawie made his statement so far as I can tell. WHY?

I tend to believe or perhaps trust (probably unwise as this is CT after all) is the better word, the Judge Blawie statement as to the lack of value of the discredited report to Horn in his Criminal Case and so I just wonder if Horn knew the report could or would never be made public but instead was something that he could wave around in front of a jury to create the illusion that all the other substantive evidence from Family Court that we have reviewed ad nauseam over the 3/19-5/19 period (FD denied custody motion, FD denied revision to supervised visitation, FD motion to allow MT and her daughter to be present at visitation denied) was about to be miraculously changed by virtue of a discredited report that was sealed and removed from Family Court? Was all the 2 years of Horn Horning about the report done simply to confirm that the report would never be released from seal so he could safely wave around something and make claims that nobody could then disprove?

Just odd to see so much work and expense undertaken for something that had no value on its surface to his client MT? Or, was this all done just because his client MT or her mother, Mama Troconis wanted it done?

I'm quite confused on the WHY? of this episode now that the HOW? was so clearly explained by your painful dive into the judicial path or paths followed by Horn.

I hope you cracked open a good bottle of CA best red wine (or two!!) for this one as I'm halfway through some divine local German Riesling and reading the AG Tong brief which blessedly is making sense!

Look forward to seeing what happens to the 'turd in the punch bowl' with Judge R.

MOO

Last edited:

I've been reading through the Appellate file with a glass of wine in hand and honestly I think that is the ONLY way this entire situation MIGHT be understood!

I did LOVE seeing Horn filing paperwork about his vacation during the Supreme Court process which I'm sure he spoke about extensively along with all his endless complaints about motions, paperwork and weekend work! Simply exhausting.

FWIW I absolutely see your view that perhaps this was all done at MT and Mama Troconis bidding. What makes no sense is that the Troconis wallet wasn't endless and Horn spent nearly 2 years chasing the report. WHY?

BUT, you would think that Horn would take the 'tip off' from Judge Blawie that the report didn't have value (or something along those lines) to the Criminal Case and he would stop or explain to his clients that what they were asking for made little sense? Nope, he doesn't seem to stop and he goes right up to the CT Supreme Court. Is there some appealable angle in all this that Horn sought to possibly exploit to get any conviction overturned? Could that be what this is all about and not the contents of the report itself? Way above my pay grade so I defer to @lucegirl on the strategic elements of this pursuit by Horn.

But, the loop on the issue seems to eventually come full circle with the MT display in Court where she had a page from the report on her computer screen for all (and the Press) to see.

Are we to believe that MT and Mama Troconis know more that the CT Supreme Court? Was what MT did with the display of the discredited report simply her feeble and defiant choice to take the law into her own hands?

Still confused as to what if any value all this had to MT and Troconis Crew? Was it simply 'ego' and the original MT statement that she was 'healthy' and the inference (not subtly done) that JF was not? Is that all this was?

MOO

@lucegirl,

I'm quite worried about you as it looks like you have truly scraped the bowels of the Judiciary files in CT in trying to get to the bottom of this confusing situation! Have you figured out why Horn did any of this as it seemed like a fruitless effort but also quite time consuming and certainly expensive for his client?

Looks like you are 'well into the weeds' along with Horn and by all accounts what appears on the surface to be a major 'toddler temper tantrum' and oddly highly personalised by Horn that resulted in alot of trees being killed unnecessarily and many wasted hours of judicial time etc. I think I counted at least 5 Judges and the CT Supreme CT and the CT Atty General as having been in the path of "Horn Horning".

Yikes. I'm calling Room Service for another bottle stat!

I've been following along with your document trail at a slower pace as I'm not an attorney and this is all painfully procedural and I kinda/sorta/maybe understand this maze that Horn went through to get the report but as a lay person I don't understand why Horn didn't go the route of the Brady Hearing in Criminal Court that you referenced rather than spending a year or more with Family Court Clerk etc.? Did Horn essentially just not understand how things worked and so simply wasted alot of time? If he is 'supposedly' a criminal attorney then as you point out why not pursue the Brady Hearing immediately in Criminal Court on behalf of his client MT? Was there some reason he so focused on the Family Court vs the Criminal Court?

I gave up reading the Horn Supreme Court brief and simply focused on the brief prepared by State AG Tong for a summary of the tortured process.

But, Horn's tortured path seemed unnecessary as you point out (Brady hearing in Criminal Court with Judge White or Blawie could have addressed it or solved it) so I'm trying to figure out why he did things the way he did?

Can you imagine how much the Client was billed for over a year of fruitless efforts in Family Court? Was he simply irritated that the Family Court would not accommodate his initial request and so the 'scorched earth' motion fest in various Courts and many Judges followed? He oddly seems to see 'conspiracy' behind every denied request too and I still don't understand him pursuing the Clerk in Family Court as an Individual? He also never seemed concerned with the issues of confidentiality of the underlying information and imo he certainly didn't follow the Judge Blawie guidelines for the report either as he did talk about the report publicly in a number of his 'Courtroom Step Exclusives with NBC CT'!

But, from a macro perspective I'm trying to understand what he hoped to accomplish with all this FOR HIS CLIENT and her DEFENCE IN CRIMINAL COURT?

Would Horn undertake this entire multi year campaign in what appears a 'scorched earth' campaign SIMPLY because MT claimed the 'report was favourable'? Simply doesn't make much sense that he believed this as MT allegedly also said that she hadn't seen the whole Herman report either (not so sure I believe this and I'm not sure if Atty Bowman believed it either). But, we also saw Judge Blawie claiming the discredited Herman Report doesn't impact Horn's criminal case or something along those lines but Horn didn't stop even after Judge Blawie made his statement so far as I can tell. WHY?

I tend to believe or perhaps trust (probably unwise as this is CT after all) is the better word, the Judge Blawie statement as to the lack of value of the discredited report to Horn in his Criminal Case and so I just wonder if Horn knew the report could or would never be made public but instead was something that he could wave around in front of a jury to create the illusion that all the other substantive evidence from Family Court that we have reviewed ad nauseam over the 3/19-5/19 period (FD denied custody motion, FD denied revision to supervised visitation, FD motion to allow MT and her daughter to be present at visitation denied) was about to be miraculously changed by virtue of a discredited report that was sealed and removed from Family Court? Was all the 2 years of Horn Horning about the report done simply to confirm that the report would never be released from seal so he could safely wave around something and make claims that nobody could then disprove?

Just odd to see so much work and expense undertaken for something that had no value on its surface to his client MT? Or, was this all done just because his client MT or her mother, Mama Troconis wanted it done?

I'm quite confused on the WHY? of this episode now that the HOW? was so clearly explained by your painful dive into the judicial path or paths followed by Horn.

I hope you cracked open a good bottle of CA best red wine (or two!!) for this one as I'm halfway through some divine local German Riesling and reading the AG Tong brief which blessedly is making sense!

Look forward to seeing what happens to the 'turd in the punch bowl' with Judge R.

MOO
The only other reason besides that he is a “turd in the punch bowl”, is that MT & Co. demanded he get the report. They obviously had to pay him for all of that wasted time and energy. Imo

I've been reading through the Appellate file with a glass of wine in hand and honestly I think that is the ONLY way this entire situation MIGHT be understood!

I did LOVE seeing Horn filing paperwork about his vacation during the Supreme Court process which I'm sure he spoke about extensively along with all his endless complaints about motions, paperwork and weekend work! Simply exhausting.

FWIW I absolutely see your view that perhaps this was all done at MT and Mama Troconis bidding. What makes no sense is that the Troconis wallet wasn't endless and Horn spent nearly 2 years chasing the report. WHY?

BUT, you would think that Horn would take the 'tip off' from Judge Blawie that the report didn't have value (or something along those lines) to the Criminal Case and he would stop or explain to his clients that what they were asking for made little sense? Nope, he doesn't seem to stop and he goes right up to the CT Supreme Court. Is there some appealable angle in all this that Horn sought to possibly exploit to get any conviction overturned? Could that be what this is all about and not the contents of the report itself? Way above my pay grade so I defer to @lucegirl on the strategic elements of this pursuit by Horn.

But, the loop on the issue seems to eventually come full circle with the MT display in Court where she had a page from the report on her computer screen for all (and the Press) to see.

Are we to believe that MT and Mama Troconis know more that the CT Supreme Court? Was what MT did with the display of the discredited report simply her feeble and defiant choice to take the law into her own hands?

Still confused as to what if any value all this had to MT and Troconis Crew? Was it simply 'ego' and the original MT statement that she was 'healthy' and the inference (not subtly done) that JF was not? Is that all this was?

MOO
Probably a combination of all of those things you mention. Ego, MT & Co.,
legal strategy, and of course his obsessive/compulsive disorder and narcissistic personality. What a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm