GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trial Recap from WFSB Reporter Matt McFarland and Station Videographer Cory Peck - behind the scenes of how the in Court camera feed worked and was used by the Media - State of CT has had televised trials now for 10 years they said in this clip.

Last edited:
Some historical information about claims of Rena Dulos and FD estate:

Quotes from article:

Nearly two years after his death, the estate of Fotis Dulos has been declared insolvent, meaning most creditors, including his mother-in-law, will not get paid and there will be no money left for his five children, court documents show.

“He was a fellow who had lots of debts and no assets,” said attorney Richard Weinstein, who represented Gloria Farber in two lawsuits she won against her son-in-law. “I feel very badly we were unable to recover more for the family.”

Farber has been caring for the five children since her daughter vanished on May 24, 2019. Jennifer Dulos has never been found, but police said she is presumed dead based on evidence they found in the garage of her New Canaan home, according to arrest warrants.

Fotis Dulos died by suicide in January 2020, weeks after he was charged with his estranged wife’s murder. His ex-girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, and his former attorney, Kent Mawhinney, have each pleaded not guilty to charges in the case.

48 Hours Transcript Summary:
Interview with MT sister claiming her innocence:

Last edited:
west Hartford Reservoir search article:

Quotes from article:

Police searching for missing Connecticut mother of five Jennifer Dulos scoured a reservoir near the home of her estranged husband Wednesday.

New Canaan police said in a statement that members of the Connecticut State Police K-9 unit searched the property of the Metropolitan District Commission reservoir in West Hartford "as a part of the ongoing criminal investigation" into Dulos' disappearance.

What if the hooded poncho was for Jennifer to wear? Her DNA was on the inside of it. Would Fotis force Jen into a poncho and zipties? Would moving a semi-cooperative mobile person be much easier than moving one tucked inside an ice cooler? IDK.
Did KM have a professional cleaning service at his home after the murder?
His home was not too far from Farmington, iirc. Google Maps
Would be nice to have a lawyer weigh in on this one. IMO, if FD takes himself out, AC’s problem then would seem to reside with her ‘best friend’ or best friend’s estate? And not anyone she had ‘loaned’ money too on someone else’s behalf?

Not sure of CT or applicable law, but would seem that getting involved was an unforced error…… and his suicide would almost be akin to simply having skipped town. Not sure why any monies are returnable?

Was her lawsuit ever resolved or finalized? Or tossed out?

As a friend told me after my first divorce and the expenses that I had incurred: “look at is as an investment in your future”. MOO
IANAL :)
"[AC] She filed a federal lawsuit in 2021 for the money, claiming Palmetto and the bondsmen engaged in unfair business practices. The lawsuit has been on hold as U.S. District Court Judge Stefan Underhill deliberates a ruling on motions for summary judgement filed by Curry and the defendants. Depending on Underhill's ruling, Curry's lawsuit could be dismissed in part or completely or remain intact and move to trial." - from the link

Why does that quote from Horn not really inspire me to think that he seems either aware of what his client is doing and going through or that he knows or cares about the medical and mental health issues?

Certainly seems proof that you live alone and die alone! MT is well and truly on her own.

Shocking though that the self proclaimed defender of civil rights (or was that Pattis?) isn't more aware of what his client is doing and how she is treated or that she is receiving adequate care given that Papi Troconis aka Dr Bombay diagnosed MT with arrhythmia from 80 miles away!

Do wonder how long Horn will be in the Troconis orbit or is he simply waiting for the check to clear so he can clear out?

Yikes! Do wonder how many clients he has defended for murder that ended up convicted and in prison as he seems largely unaware of the process and certainly imo absolutely uncaring.

Seemed like he answered these questions for wtnh as he was waiting line for his afternoon latte at the drive through window at Starbucks and was more concerned that they got the order right vs his client MT!

MOO
RBBM

That says it all really.

You get the feeling that he's been waiting on that since he took her on.

She had no defense. He gets paid either way.

Sorry, Michi.

Michelle might. She might display in a large font the part of the report that says she was cooperative and alert or some such. Something so she can prove to us she is healthy.

If her jail allows it, maybe she can tape up the report in her cell.

MOO
'Cept she prolly can't have tape.

I think she can buy gum though. Maybe she can improvise.

And if that doesn't work, she's got all the time in the world for wiping her sticky fingers on her cell floor.

Quotes from article:

Nearly two years after his death, the estate of Fotis Dulos has been declared insolvent, meaning most creditors, including his mother-in-law, will not get paid and there will be no money left for his five children, court documents show.

“He was a fellow who had lots of debts and no assets,” said attorney Richard Weinstein, who represented Gloria Farber in two lawsuits she won against her son-in-law. “I feel very badly we were unable to recover more for the family.”

Farber has been caring for the five children since her daughter vanished on May 24, 2019. Jennifer Dulos has never been found, but police said she is presumed dead based on evidence they found in the garage of her New Canaan home, according to arrest warrants.

Fotis Dulos died by suicide in January 2020, weeks after he was charged with his estranged wife’s murder. His ex-girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, and his former attorney, Kent Mawhinney, have each pleaded not guilty to charges in the case.

Talk about your Queen of Denial!

I am chilled to the bone reading this stuff.
Seems as though after Michi came in on a Friday she pretty much sat in her cell on the weekend. All evaluations/orientation is done Monday through Friday.
Can only imagine how she was feeling. Numb, in shock and disbelief.
Could she sleep? Was she cold?
Once in orientation she's in a double cell, no shoe laces.
What is her roommate like?
Going through all the same emotions?
MOO.
I can’t even imagine that. Good, she deserves this and worse.

Quotes from article:

Richard Weinstein never minced words.

I don't think we learned during the trial who all was in that particular WhatsApp group text but I do believe we heard that it was a 'large' group text. Maybe once the trial transcripts are released and exhibits become available to the public that someone can pull that particular exhibit and see who all was included in a large group text where MT felt it was appropriate to say, "Now I'm naked"? The rumours had long been floating around at the time that FD and MT participated in local swingers group and so perhaps this WhatsApp group was for that group? My guess is that the MT response "Now I'm naked" was NOT for her FAMILY WhatsApp group that was also discussed at trial!

Could this message have been an error and it was intended just for FD or perhaps it was an announcement to a group on WhatsApp of other 'like minded individuals"? Who knows? We won't know until that particular trial exhibit is disclosed imo.

The entire disclosure of this particular text at the trial I thought was more than a bit disturbing and I wonder if the reason it was introduced was along the lines of why Atty McGuiness mentioned FD and MT 'fooling around on the front seat of the Red Tacoma' where he said he didn't know what to make of it or where to place it in his closing but he iirc 'left it up to the Jury to decide'.

IDK, we all heard MT make multiple sexual references in her 8+ hrs of LE Interviews with everything from the 'usually' early am shower with FD to the canoodling in the front seat of the Red Tacoma. We don't know if the various MT sexual references were a reflection of the MT reality with FD or were perhaps designed to distract and deceive LE?

MOO
Will they release the trial transcripts after her sentencing?
Can they do that if it's under appeal?

Thank you for the heads up about the podcast! I find so much info from them, and Im looking forward to tuning in.

Off topic-
(I was listening to an interview with Mother knows death podcaster. She is pathology assistant and does autopsies, forensics and medecine etc. They asked her thoughts on the Kate Middleton missing issue and if she saw the pic of her in the car with her mother.She said she saw it and since her face was bloated she assumed she was on steroids for a chronic condition like Chron’s disease for example. I certainly couldnt tell KM face was bloated but Someone who does autopies can!makes sense now with photoshopping her family pic.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd