GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this timeline over from the KM thread here on Websleuths, post #6 by @afitzy dated 7/31/2019.

I think this timeline should be considered as to MTs whereabouts/involvement in these days leading up to the murder.

Was MT aware that FD met KMs wife at the Oyster Bar that night? Was MT aware of the plan the next day proposed, indeed begged, by FD to have KM and wife come to 4JC for “intimacy”?

Recall also that these events and dates below are more or less contiguous following the date Herman walked off the stand…FD (and presumably KM and MT) we’re very busy that week.

What would have happened, would things have been different, if KMs wife had accepted and she and KM had come to 4JC that week??

Excerpt from Post #6 in Kent Mawhinney thread, websleuths, post by @afitzy dated 7/31/2019:
Warrant: Man under order to avoid contact with estranged wife arrested after Fotis Dulos reaches out to her

May 19: FD meets with Mawhinney wife at Oyster bar
May 20: FD calls Mawhinney wife trying to get her to meet up
May 21: FD again calls Mawhinney wife to try to get her to meet
May 22: FD down in NC dinner with kids at JD's house (mentions DNA to visitation supervisor)
May 23: FD and MT dinner party at 4 JC (who were the guests? planned guests? Was Mawhinney present/invited? Was his wife planned for/invited??)
May 24 morning: JD disappears

Bringing this timeline over from the KM thread here on Websleuths, post #6 by @afitzy dated 7/31/2019.

I think this timeline should be considered as to MTs whereabouts/involvement in these days leading up to the murder.

Was MT aware that FD met KMs wife at the Oyster Bar that night? Was MT aware of the plan the next day proposed, indeed begged, by FD to have KM and wife come to 4JC for “intimacy”?

Recall also that these events and dates below are more or less contiguous following the date Herman walked off the stand…FD (and presumably KM and MT) we’re very busy that week.

What would have happened, would things have been different, if KMs wife had accepted and she and KM had come to 4JC that week??

Excerpt from Post #6 in Kent Mawhinney thread, websleuths, post by @afitzy dated 7/31/2019:
Warrant: Man under order to avoid contact with estranged wife arrested after Fotis Dulos reaches out to her

May 19: FD meets with Mawhinney wife at Oyster bar
May 20: FD calls Mawhinney wife trying to get her to meet up
May 21: FD again calls Mawhinney wife to try to get her to meet
May 22: FD down in NC dinner with kids at JD's house (mentions DNA to visitation supervisor)
May 23: FD and MT dinner party at 4 JC (who were the guests? planned guests? Was Mawhinney present/invited? Was his wife planned for/invited??)
May 24 morning: JD disappears
I think I'm with Atty McGuiness on so many of the issues that relate to FD and MT in terms of there being no 'conincidences' in this tragic case of murder.

FD financial world was a house of cards and was crumbling at the time in question, Judge Heller had just called FD a liar on the record regarding the false financial statements submitted by his Atty Michael Rose in Family Court, Judge Heller had dismissed FD Atty Michael Rose in Family Court due to his role in the false financial statements and the stolen copy of the discredited Herman report, FD FORE computers and electronics had been seized by Family Court due to his ongoing lying regarding his financial situation, Civil trial iirc discovery was ongoing, FD had stopped paying interest only mortgage and taxes as required on 4JX, FD credit cards were getting maxed out, the FORE properties were fully leveraged via mortgages, FORE houses weren't selling and maintenance and taxes were beyond what FD had cash imo to support, was MT using her child support to keep the lights on and heat on at 4JX or was she using the fires simply to keep warm?

KM wife did not meet with FD as she reported that she was in fear for her life and felt threatened by the FD attention. Was the meeting (or phone call) between KM and FD to explain that FD had tried his best to get KM wife to 4Jx but it had failed? Did they try to come up with a 'Plan B'?

So many questions and some limited additional info was gained from MT trial as we know who was at the "Murders Eve" Dinner - Hutch and wife, Stephan Reich and Mrs Bland who learned Spanish in 12 days and FD/MT. No KM or ex wife at "Murders Eve" dinner but it looked like he received a phone call from FD or possibly met him at Stop & Shop when FD went on the meat run.

The "Murders Eve" dinner also involved MT attempting to sell rugs to Stephan Reich and Mrs Bland but they said at MT trial that MT didn't have the colours that they wanted (she had browns and tans and Mrs Bland wanted silver and cream iirc). So, MT had gone to alot work rolling out the rugs and showing them and she imo no doubt needed the money from a sale too so she must have been frustrated and possibly annoyed. Also, MT I believe we learned at MT trial had been expecting to go out for sushi and not doing a meal for a small group of people. Did this annoy her and did FD step up to do the bbq and make the greek fries to compensate for her possibly being annoyed? Were FD arguing about money in addition to the discredited Herman report being tossed or possibly even the MT accident with the FD Suburban and did this impact anything having to do with the murder plan for JF? We saw reference to the rental Tahoe in the MT trial so I wonder if it played a role in the plan to murder JF.

I agree with you @sleuth66 that FD and MT were certainly quite busy in the lead up to the JF murder. I do also wonder if KM was annoyed that FD was no successful in luring his ex wife to 4Jx?

Good think KM ex wife went with her gut on the FD advances and invite to 4JX as my guess is that there would have possibly been 2 murders that week instead of one. Just speculation. Hope we learn more at eventual KM trial if it happens.

MOO

Some historical information about claims of Rena Dulos and FD estate:

Quotes from article:

Nearly two years after his death, the estate of Fotis Dulos has been declared insolvent, meaning most creditors, including his mother-in-law, will not get paid and there will be no money left for his five children, court documents show.

“He was a fellow who had lots of debts and no assets,” said attorney Richard Weinstein, who represented Gloria Farber in two lawsuits she won against her son-in-law. “I feel very badly we were unable to recover more for the family.”

Farber has been caring for the five children since her daughter vanished on May 24, 2019. Jennifer Dulos has never been found, but police said she is presumed dead based on evidence they found in the garage of her New Canaan home, according to arrest warrants.

Fotis Dulos died by suicide in January 2020, weeks after he was charged with his estranged wife’s murder. His ex-girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, and his former attorney, Kent Mawhinney, have each pleaded not guilty to charges in the case.

48 Hours Transcript Summary:
Interview with MT sister claiming her innocence:
Claudia Troconis | Michelle's sister: She said she had met a charming guy, that he was very family-oriented like us, that he was into sports like her, and they had many similarities.

BBM

MT's sister says that MT told her family (upon meeting FD) that "he was very family-oriented like us." Did she leave out the part that this "family oriented" guy had five children and a wife?

Last edited:
Prison Phone Policies in CT:

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 14.47.10.png

"Connecticut recently became the first state to make all phone calls for people serving time in state prisons and youth detention facilities free, and early results show the change is allowing for much more communication with the outside world".

"DOC officials declined an interview request. In a statement the agency said while the number and duration of calls allowed for people in prison — up to six times a day for a total of 90 minutes — hasn’t changed, “this frequency was often a financial impossibility.”

“Since July, we have seen the number of phone calls and e-messaging significantly increase. Providing this service, at no charge to families offers a fair and equitable avenue for keeping incarcerated individuals engaged with their community,” Ashley McCarthy, a spokesperson for the DOC said in an email. “We hope this increased accessibility allows returning citizens to feel more connected to their home life and provide a smoother transition back.”

Following up on this article: TAPING OF PRISONERS’ CALLS IS CHALLENGED

If anyone knows how the phone taping of prisoners was resolved and can post back that would be appreciated.

Friends and Family Manual for CT:

FOIA Guidelines in CT:

Last edited:
Troconis remains at York Correctional Institution in Niantic in lieu of a $6 million bond. Schoenhorn said he’s visited and spoken with her.

“She’s not been sentenced so she’s still a pre-trial detainee,” Schoenhorn said. “So, they go through some kind of orientation process. They evaluate them. They check to make sure health issues, and I guess that includes a mental health evaluation.”

Okay …. The record scratch that followed this Horn comment nearly broke my eardrums. Horn has really turned himself into a large Bavarian pretzel to avoid acknowledging out loud, with proper legal words, the reality of what is happening to the inmate.

First of all - “not been sentenced”. Hmmmmm - is this an ambiguous place to be - like you are totally in the dark about what is coming? Bobbing around in ignorant bliss? Like maybe she won’t be sentenced? Just in orientation? Orientation doesn’t sound too scary. Free time in the yard? Meeting roommates and deciding on dorm decor (beige)?

When one has “not been sentenced” a very bright constitutional line is crossed. There is no way to Horn it. In this case, the person “in need of a sentence” is a convicted felon - guilty for conspiracy to commit murder. Her unsentenced status has zero to do with her unambiguous status as a convicted felon.

This is not pre-trial scenario. It is most definitely post conviction. She is most certainly NOT “ A pre-trial detainee.” That isn’t spin; it is purposefully untrue (is this the same same thing as a lie?). Cringe. Nope. This is another variation on Horn’s attempt to suggest she was entitled to bail post conviction.

Many a defense lawyer have been schooled by the Connecticut Courts with regards to foolish arguments (from the Unguided Missile Playbook for Defense Attorneys discussed in the last thread) that try to paint an unsentenced felon as inextricably not quite all the way guilty. Cringe. Nope. Full strength felon guiltiness attached at verdict.

The reason why this is a very bright legal line is because of the constitutional presumption of innocence. The CT has a vivid way to describe the post conviction status of a criminal. For any constitutional purpose the post conviction criminals are said to be disassociated from the pre-trial defendant. The presumption of innocence is gone.

“It must not be over looked here that we are concerned here with preconviction bail. We are not at all concerned with post conviction bail and a stay of execution of sentencing pending the appeal. Such bail is entirely disassociated with the pre-conviction presumption of innocence…

That distinction between pre-and post sentencing is really only made when it matters whether the Court or the penal system has jurisdiction/custody over the defendant/felon.

The reality is, and he knows full well, the “orientation” and/or “some kind of evaluation” are just inputs the into pre-sentencing report that all criminals facing sentencing must under go as part of the background the judge will consider when handing down the sentence.

Claudia Troconis | Michelle's sister: She said she had met a charming guy, that he was very family-oriented like us, that he was into sports like her, and they had many similarities.

BBM

MT's sister says that MT told her family (upon meeting FD) that "he was very family-oriented like us." Did she leave out the part that this "family oriented" guy had five children and a wife?
Lololol

Prison Phone Policies in CT:

View attachment 489973

"Connecticut recently became the first state to make all phone calls for people serving time in state prisons and youth detention facilities free, and early results show the change is allowing for much more communication with the outside world".

"DOC officials declined an interview request. In a statement the agency said while the number and duration of calls allowed for people in prison — up to six times a day for a total of 90 minutes — hasn’t changed, “this frequency was often a financial impossibility.”

“Since July, we have seen the number of phone calls and e-messaging significantly increase. Providing this service, at no charge to families offers a fair and equitable avenue for keeping incarcerated individuals engaged with their community,” Ashley McCarthy, a spokesperson for the DOC said in an email. “We hope this increased accessibility allows returning citizens to feel more connected to their home life and provide a smoother transition back.”

Following up on this article: TAPING OF PRISONERS’ CALLS IS CHALLENGED

If anyone knows how the phone taping of prisoners was resolved and can post back that would be appreciated.

Friends and Family Manual for CT:

FOIA Guidelines in CT:

How great would it be if we get to see Michi in her orange prison garb, sportin’ hand cuffs and leg irons in May? I’m sure she’ll be showing her “grays” by then too. :p

Okay …. The record scratch that followed this Horn comment nearly broke my eardrums. Horn has really turned himself into a large Bavarian pretzel to avoid acknowledging out loud, with proper legal words, the reality of what is happening to the inmate.

First of all - “not been sentenced”. Hmmmmm - is this an ambiguous place to be - like you are totally in the dark about what is coming? Bobbing around in ignorant bliss? Like maybe she won’t be sentenced? Just in orientation? Orientation doesn’t sound too scary. Free time in the yard? Meeting roommates and deciding on dorm decor (beige)?

When one has “not been sentenced” a very bright constitutional line is crossed. There is no way to Horn it. In this case, the person “in need of a sentence” is a convicted felon - guilty for conspiracy to commit murder. Her unsentenced status has zero to do with her unambiguous status as a convicted felon.

This is not pre-trial scenario. It is most definitely post conviction. She is most certainly NOT “ A pre-trial detainee.” That isn’t spin; it is purposefully untrue (is this the same same thing as a lie?). Cringe. Nope. This is another variation on Horn’s attempt to suggest she was entitled to bail post conviction.

Many a defense lawyer have been schooled by the Connecticut Courts with regards to foolish arguments (from the Unguided Missile Playbook for Defense Attorneys discussed in the last thread) that try to paint an unsentenced felon as inextricably not quite all the way guilty. Cringe. Nope. Full strength felon guiltiness attached at verdict.

The reason why this is a very bright legal line is because of the constitutional presumption of innocence. The CT has a vivid way to describe the post conviction status of a criminal. For any constitutional purpose the post conviction criminals are said to be disassociated from the pre-trial defendant. The presumption of innocence is gone.

“It must not be over looked here that we are concerned here with preconviction bail. We are not at all concerned with post conviction bail and a stay of execution of sentencing pending the appeal. Such bail is entirely disassociated with the pre-conviction presumption of innocence…

That distinction between pre-and post sentencing is really only made when it matters whether the Court or the penal system has jurisdiction/custody over the defendant/felon.

The reality is, and he knows full well, the “orientation” and/or “some kind of evaluation” are just inputs the into pre-sentencing report that all criminals facing sentencing must under go as part of the background the judge will consider when handing down the sentence.
@lucegirl, I’m almost afraid to ask but is this HORN SAlAD due to his pending motions or is it simply salad for the sake of salad? Sorry to ask but I was reading some of his pretrial motions today and am simply ODd on his language choices.

I did enjoy comparing the motion prepared by AG Tong to that of Horn for the Ct Supreme Court argument. Day and night imo. Give me crisp and clear language vs Greek salad any day!

Moo

@lucegirl, I’m almost afraid to ask but is this HORN SAlAD due to his pending motions or is it simply salad for the sake of salad? Sorry to ask but I was reading some of his pretrial motions today and am simply ODd on his language choices.

I did enjoy comparing the motion prepared by AG Tong to that of Horn for the Ct Supreme Court argument. Day and night imo. Give me crisp and clear language vs Greek salad frivolous any day!

Moo
Funny you asked…but not surprising … I was going to post in a bit about the pre-sentencing period during which Defense will file countless motions from all directions. There are some lawyers and law firms whose specialty is the post conviction periods up until sentencings. I am not suggesting that there are no post conviction - pre-sentencing issues ever, but the ones that are premised on the false notion that the a criminal’s status is either pre-trial or some other version of not-really-guilty-yet until sentencing are going to fail and could be sanctionable.

There is no limit on what can be filed. Horn is going through the checklist of motions from the Playbook - motions to acquit and new trial, blah blah - I haven’t read any in detail, but I will this evening. I won’t be surprised if he files at least one or 2 motions everyday - probably ones we’ve seen before - e.g. punitive bail. I’m on the lookout for anything that says “pre-trial detainee”. That is verifiably wrong - and you cannot lie in court - orally or in writing, and misrepresenting the law is actionable whether by the Court for Contempt and/or State Bar Rules of Professional Responsibility.

Also @afitzy - need to put a bookmark in your discussion of the Ottoman Empire in the prior thread, briefly, while I jump to the defense motions. LOL!
@lucegirl, Yes, I’ve fallen into a black hole on that topic. Quite interesting and some good English articles I found today that I will post when I get better Wi-Fi. Given up translating Greek as Google translate in isn’t very helpful. Little in greece is online either which is unfortunate. Trying to figure out what litigation FD might have had in Greece with the govt that took a long time to resolve. Could just be another FD lie or grift to JD in order to spend time in Greece with the bros and hook up with some female whose name is Stavros. Not sure. Many shady characters too per FD usual MO. Current thoughts are real estate or citizenship but need Greek language assistance that I might have secured today. He supposedly did get children Greek passports but perhaps that was a lie too. Idk. Stay tuned. I do wonder with all his legal battles whether FD is Roy Cohn reincarnated? FD rarely seemed to pick the straight line from a to b too which makes this all a bit annoyingly complicated. No wonder he never worked, he simply didn’t have the time!

Moo

Last edited:
Also @afitzy - need to put a bookmark in your discussion of the Ottoman Empire in the prior thread, briefly, while I jump to the defense motions. LOL!
@lucegirl, I learned today that Greeks it seem like to argue almost as much as Italians but they have much in common too imo that nobody is ever wrong! So, good amt of litigation on all kinds of day to day things so perhaps that is what FD might have been arguing with the govt about? Idk. They also have a bureaucracy that makes Italy look like a well oiled and highly efficient machine based on what I’ve seen so far. It’s a bit of a throwback to another time too on so many levels with little in the way of digital records. Not sure how much gets done but in that respect it’s not much different from Italy. The Swiss I’m traveling with were highly amused by my efforts today to get information via phone. Told me best thing to do is fly over Greece and head to an Island! Tomorrow is another day but sadly not on an island. Moo

Last edited:
I know you guys keep the docket updated and refreshed. Has Horn filed more motions other than for New Trial and Acquital?
@Gardenista usually has the magic touch on motions as for some reason they aren’t logged online that I’ve ever found. Perhaps if horn isn’t being paid then he will stick with the 2 motions he has already filed? Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd