GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court says the Conspiracy follows one bad conspiracy.

Distinguishes conspiracy to commit murder is different than conspiracy to tamper. Sees no double jeopardy there.

State's retains the right to appeal the Court's ruling.

MOO

I don't understand, if this is what the Court thinks, why was the State allowed to charge her with those counts originally? Why weren't they combined THEN?

MOO

JS is whining about the version of the timeline was used at her interrogation. It was FD's copy apparently.

JS is whining about the paper towel and whether MT actually smelled it.

JS is whining about cell phones. He just said that her phone corroborated her driving back and forth between 4JC and i0 MS.

JS is whining about the car wash. He's trying to make a distinction that MT didn't follow FD, she only followed him. (I know. He didn't make sense. )

JS is whining about windows cleaning. Says MT never said she was cleaning WINDOWS, only cleaning.

JS is whining about the version of the timeline was used at her interrogation. It was FD's copy apparently.

JS is whining about the paper towel and whether MT actually smelled it.

JS is whining about cell phones. He just said that her phone corroborated her driving back and forth between 4JC and i0 MS.

JS is whining about the car wash. He's trying to make a distinction that MT didn't follow FD, she only followed him. (I know. He didn't make sense. )
But, MT phone data was removed from trial so how can he refer to anything regarding the phone?

@MarissaAlter

TROCONIS SENTENCING: We begin. Judge Kevin Randolph will go through the PSI report first, then hear the victims' impact statements, then hear from the defendant's loved ones before proceeding with his ruling.

Randolph previously said he'd delay ruling on the defense's motion to vacate the conspiracy to commit evidence tampering charges. He says now he'll hear brief arguements again on that before issuing his decision.

At a previous hearing, Schoenhorn argued that there was only one conspiracy here so multiple counts of conspiracy to commit evidence tampering amounts to double jeopardy.

The state argues there were two separate events that took place on different days in different towns.

Randolph rules there can only be a conviction on ONE count of conspiracy to commit evidence tampering. So he vacates the second count of conspiracy to commit evidence tampering.

That means Troconis' maximum sentence if she's sentenced consecutively will now be 45 years, not 50 years. The maximum if the sentences run concurrently is still 20 years.

Now we move on to the pre-sentencing report. There's a mistake on it pertaining to conspiracy to commit murder. This is a class B felony (not A as it said) with a maximum of 20 years.

The defense asks for corrections in the PSI on the facts of the case since they come from the warrants, not the evidence that was presented at trial.

**The main courtoom appears to be completely full as members of the public are now coming into the media room to watch the hearing.**

Randolph says the summary and recommendations of the PSI "mitigate" some of Schoenhorn's concerns. He reads from it: "The extent of her role in the offense is not fully clear." This seems the sugges the Office of Adult Probation recommended a lighter sentence.

Worth noting, the Office of the Adult Probation did NOT attend the trial. Its summary comes from the warrants.

The state begins victim impact statements. Supervisory Assistant State's Attorney Michelle Manning says there are 12 people who will speak during the victim impacts statement portion of the hearing.

Manning says the court will hear from the people who are most devastated by the defendant's cruel actions. Her mother, sister, five children and friends.

Last edited:

GF: Jennifer only wanted to give and get love.

How could I help my grandchildren?

My purpose, to be there for my grandchildren and my daughter.

Telling a heartwarming story of the song that inspired Jennifer's name.

Describing Jennifer's circle of friends who have stepped in to help raise the children. (What a lovely safety net GF has created for the children.)

Talking about a memorial stone for Jennifer.

Searching for years for her remains. We honor her on her birthday. But we will search.

Carry purple balloons to Cebtral Park every year. Write messages and watch the balloons disappear into the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathan Dunn