GUILTY CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, deceased/not found, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoenhorn commentary on the steps imo requires at least 2 shots.

I had to stop listening after he claims an unfair trial and he is likening Stamford judiciary process to VENEZUELA.

Guy and his guilty client were just handed a GIFT and he is talking about Venezuela style justice.

I will pay for a plane to take HIM and the Troconis Family AND MT to Venezuela if they promise to stay there.

Simply unreal.

MOO

I don't think this judge left a lot of room during the trial, if any, for a winning appeal - but we will have to wait and see
As far as the sentence - twenty years( 14.5 then probation) i'ts pretty much what I expected
I also don't fault the judge for the sentence. I found him very fair and even handed throughout the trial
and I have no reason to believe otherwise now.
For a woman of "privelege" like Michi, fourteen years will feel like fifty. I could not help but think when all her supporters were speaking that all her skills they spoke of will come in handy in the prison.
Her daughter is about 18 now, in 14 or so years she will be 32. And Michelle? She'll be 65 ish.

On a side note I found Schoenhorn totally despicable - to throw in Pawel again and also belittle iMchelle's first lawyer Andrew Bowman, plus his other snarly snarls about others etc - He really is loathsome and an embarrassment to his family and the legal profession .
JMO
If she does serve the full 14.5 years I can accept that sentence, but if not, as many are predicting here, then this whole trial will have been a farce.

From the presser -- shameful -- JLS still blaming the murder on the mystery party that connected Jennifer's phone via Bluetooth to her Suburban at 2:30 pm when FD was back at his residence with MT. :mad:
Yes, just heard that and had to sign off after he said situation with the trial was like Venezuela. He presented ZERO evidence about that at trial. NONE. He has nothing, including no explanation.

I am simply sick with this outcome and I can just imagine how the family is feeling. Those poor children. But, I hope they can figure out a way forward and continue to come and speak when the inevitable MT early release hearing happens.

I also feel for Atty's Manning and McGuiness who worked their hearts out on this one. No wonder nearly 50% of the jobs in the State's Atty's office cannot be filled. Who wants to waste their time with a situation such as seen in CT?

MOO

Claudia is now claiming YET AGAIN that MT had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MURDER OF JFD.

Claudia is also putting MT on the same level as JFD by saying that BOTH WERE DECEIVED BY FD.

Really? First we have heard about this for MT.

We have now moved from planet Mars to Pluto.

Schoenhorn is claiming is MT had no knowledge of anything. He is claiming she was on Albany because they were, "Going for coffee". He is back to claiming wild things about the 3 cells on the garbage bags.

Now talking about KM and blaming the state for him not being introduced into the MT trial. He seems to be saying it was KM in NC and then shifts to narrative of someone connected to the Suburban bluetooth in NC.

Very rude also to a citizen journalist who was the ONLY person asking tough questions! Kudos to that person asking the tough questions that Horn didn't want to answer.

If I had little faith in CT justice prior to this trial and sentencing then whatever was left is simply gone listening to the endless possibilities for sentence appeal and conviction appeal.
The State's Attorneys imo must be devastated but I hope they know they did an incredible job to get this trial over the line but the issue is that they are sadly in a State where punishment rarely aligns with the convicted charges.

I am simply stunned that Judge Randolph effectively tossed the bottom 4 charges by virtue of his sentence. WHAT kind of message does this send to criminals?

MOO

Last edited:
If they successfully appeal, can we hope for a heftier sentence?

We need to try to find some solace that she DIDN'T skate with a sweetheart deal.

Still, this is painful.

The law is wrong. 20 years should not be the maximum for (conspiracy to) murder.

Jmo

Claudia is now claiming YET AGAIN that MT had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MURDER OF JFD.

Claudia is also putting MT on the same level as JFD by saying that BOTH WERE DECEIVED BY FD.

Really? First we have heard about this for MT.

We have now moved from planet Mars to Pluto.

Schoenhorn is claiming is MT had no knowledge of anything. He is claiming she was on Albany because they were, "Going for coffee". He is back to claiming wild things about the 3 cells on the garbage bags.

Now talking about KM and blaming the state for him not being introduced into the MT trial. He seems to be saying it was KM in NC and then shifts to narrative of someone connected to the Suburban bluetooth in NC.

Very rude also to a citizen journalist who was the ONLY person asking tough questions! Kudos to that person asking the tough questions that Horn didn't want to answer.

If I had little faith in CT justice prior to this trial and sentencing then whatever was left is simply gone listening to the endless possibilities for sentence appeal and conviction appeal.
The State's Attorneys imo must be devastated but I hope they know they did an incredible job to get this trial over the line but the issue is that they are sadly in a State where punishment rarely aligns with the convicted charges.

I am simply stunned that Judge Randolph effectively tossed the bottom 4 charges by virtue of his sentence. WHAT kind of message does this send to criminals?

MOO
What was the range she faced? I thought the cap was 20 years?

Horn is now claiming "TORTURE" due to the fact that MT has effectively been in solitary confinement as she was one of only 2 inmates in the presentencing holding area.

He should be careful what he wishes for imo. She could have been with violent offenders during this period too but wasn't.

He is looking at a separate civil habeas matter not necessarily part of the appeal for ineffective assistance of prior counsel (Atty Andrew Bowman) and he is screeching that he was precluded from putting up this evidence at MT trial. He said it would be a parallel process to the appeal. Hope Atty Bowman is paying attention and I very much look forward to hearing what he might have to say about the matter.

MOO

What was the range she faced? I thought the cap was 20 years?
@gitana1, Range for Class B felony of Conspiracy to Commit Murder was 1-20 years so there was a wide range. The top conspiracy to commit murder charge had 20 years cap and each of the remaining ancillary tampering and hindering charges that MT was convicted (4 of them as 1 was tossed before the hearing started today was tossed) that had 5 year charges EACH, were ordered by the Judge to be served concurrently with the top conspiracy charge. The 20 year cap was within the sentencing guidelines of 1-20 years for conspiracy to commit murder per the legislature in CT (bumped down from A felony for murder to B felony for conspiracy to commit murder).

If they successfully appeal, can we hope for a heftier sentence?

We need to try to find some solace that she DIDN'T skate with a sweetheart deal.

Still, this is painful.

The law is wrong. 20 years should not be the maximum for (conspiracy to) murder.

Jmo
I would like to see if the State can turn around the tossed charge where they preserved their appeal right into something added on to the sentence.

I think it was the concurrently that did me in as the so called 'lesser' charges in many respects had such tangible significance imo to the actual role of MT in this horrific crime.

Sorry day imo to see the bulk of the other significant charges being served concurrently.

I forgot to mention how the CSP folks must feel seeing this kind of sentencing. Judge Randolph is no friend of CSP as was seen in the pretrial hearing on MT cell phone data but having these kinds of sentences issued have to also have a chilling effect on CSP who today were in deep mourning following the death of one of their troppers yesterday in a hit and run event on I84 in Southington (perp was captured and charged with manslaughter today after fleeing the scene yesterday).

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member