Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #11 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked into the probate court issue when it was first discussed (thread #3) that Gloria Farber had gone to that court regarding custody. This is what I found. Not sure if it's helpful, but see Part II -- Removal of Parent or Guardian (p 3-4):

After a hearing, the court may remove a parent as guardian if it finds by clear and
convincing evidence that one or more of the following conditions are present:
(1) The parent consents to removal as guardian.
(2) The minor has been abandoned by the parent.
(3) The minor has been denied the care, guidance or control necessary for his or her physical, educational, moral or emotional well-being as a result of acts of parental commission or omission.
(4) The minor has had physical injury or injuries other than by accidental means, or
has injuries that are at variance with the history given of them or is in a condition
that is the result of maltreatment.
(5) The minor has been found to be neglected or uncared for, as defined in C.G.S.
section 46b-120.

BBM. http://www.ctprobate.gov/Documents/User Guide - Guardians of Minors.pdf
Thanks for posting this info. @gitana1 kindly explained above post that GF now has to be heard on this matter by the Family Court judge and unfortunately the Probate Court can't be used to decide the matter. We have only seen the motion from Pattis/FD on the matter and haven't seen anything yet filed by GF. Its heartbreaking to me that this family will have to go through what most likely will be a rough process to decide custody.

Its curious though that FD is rolling the dice now on demanding custody with Pattis now when the status of pending charges is still unclear. Seems like it might have made sense to wait to see if/when other charges are filed. But even if no other charges are filed it seems like the obstruction/other present charges could put FD in prison for quite awhile leaving the door open for the GF/Farber family to resume custody.

But I guess FD/Pattis were forced to file for custody given that maintaining the current situation with GF would allow for very strong and credible (IMO) argument to be made that GF is functioning as a 'parent' with regard to the children. Not sure though what argument can be made to allow custody to a parent with such restricted visitation as was presently in place at the time of JD missing event? @gitana1 do you know what the appeals process might be for Family Court? Is there even a process for review of Family Court matters by a higher court and could this end up at the highest court in CT on appeal? Also, do you see any way that an argument could be made by GF to move the custody question to NY and away from CT?

Its also curious to me that Atty Pattis who has spent next to no time speaking about his client FD would subject that same client to full court review of his suitability and competenace to parent and assume custody responsibilities in full view of the world press and potential jury pool in the criminal matter. It seems like this process would open pandoras box on any/all/everything we could ever want to know about FD as a person and as a parent. Given what is already in the Family Court documents on these topics I don't get why Pattis would want all this out in the public domain in advance of the criminal proceedings?!

Perhaps Pattis will ask that any custody case documents be 'sealed' by the Family Court and that atty's associated with the proceedings be gagged? We can then I guess only hope that the GAL in the case will somehow 'find a way' to drop all the reports and files on GF's desk so she and her atty's might read them and release them to the press! What a tragic farce this has the potential to become IMO. MOO

Thank you for bringing that here, I couldn't figure out how to attach the pic.
Hi, if you could explain how you got the picture here that would be great as I kept trying and just got the 'file too large' error message each time. Thanks!

Does anyone in here know how long it will take to incinerate a whole body completely? Just curious. I mean if he did it bonfire style I'm sure he wouldn't have been able to do that without people smelling/seeing the smoke. He would need to have those huge ovens for melting metal to do it stealthily. IF he had one of those I'm sure the LE would have checked it out first.

Would FD not also have Burned the bloody clothes and sponge?

Thanks for posting this info. @gitana1 kindly explained above post that GF now has to be heard on this matter by the Family Court judge and unfortunately the Probate Court can't be used to decide the matter. We have only seen the motion from Pattis/FD on the matter and haven't seen anything yet filed by GF. Its heartbreaking to me that this family will have to go through what most likely will be a rough process to decide custody.

Its curious though that FD is rolling the dice now on demanding custody with Pattis now when the status of pending charges is still unclear. Seems like it might have made sense to wait to see if/when other charges are filed. But even if no other charges are filed it seems like the obstruction/other present charges could put FD in prison for quite awhile leaving the door open for the GF/Farber family to resume custody.

But I guess FD/Pattis were forced to file for custody given that maintaining the current situation with GF would allow for very strong and credible (IMO) argument to be made that GF is functioning as a 'parent' with regard to the children. Not sure though what argument can be made to allow custody to a parent with such restricted visitation as was presently in place at the time of JD missing event?

Its also curious to me that Atty Pattis who has spent next to no time speaking about his client FD would subject that same client to full court review of his suitability and competenace to parent and assume custody responsibilities in full view of the world press and potential jury pool in the criminal matter. It seems like this process would open pandoras box on any/all/everything we could ever want to know about FD as a person and as a parent. Given what is already in the Family Court documents on these topics I don't get why Pattis would want all this out in the public domain in advance of the criminal proceedings?!

Perhaps Pattis will ask that any custody case documents be 'sealed' by the Family Court and that atty's associated with the proceedings be gagged? We can then I guess only hope that the GAL in the case will somehow 'find a way' to drop all the reports and files on GF's desk so she and her atty's might read them and release them to the press! What a tragic farce this has the potential to become IMO. MOO

Yes, he would have any competence or evaluations of his client sealed. We would never be privy to them. IMO

Would FD not also have Burned the bloody clothes and sponge?
Sadly, this question applies to everything else he could have done to her. IF he buried her in water, why not throw in the other stuff with her (assuming he put her in a steel drum that is)? IF he buried her in the deep [re dug hole, why not also throw in the garbage items?

Hi, if you could explain how you got the picture here that would be great as I kept trying and just got the 'file too large' error message each time. Thanks!
It wasn't me. It was @sds71
:)

Why would LE release info about phone pings in afternoon and not address whether there were or werent phone pings in the am? and did you catch the part of how the phone pings between location in the afternoon had one of the trips exactly 43 minutes as he walked home. FT wanted to leave the workers car back at the house he found it at?
We don't yet have an answer to your question about am phone calls. Warrants in place now just have afternoon cell activity. Will have to wait for more charges or court testimony on current charges to see if more info in being held by State/LE.

If JD gone girled herself, how do NP and FD explain Fd and MT disposing of evidence in trash bins? NP can say license plate of dumper is unclear, but I’d imagine LE charged FD because the video is clear enough and/or FD and MT phone records place them along the dump trail. How in the world do you get around that?

Also, FD has not been charged with murder. The more NP keeps bringing the subject up, the more guilty FD seems.

We don't yet have an answer to your question about am phone calls. Warrants in place now just have afternoon cell activity. Will have to wait for more charges or court testimony on current charges to see if more info in being held by State/LE.

thanks. was anything confirmed on the red pickup truck being at a car wash that morning? or was that just speculation.

IMO LE hasn't released any information regarding the a.m. pings are because they weren't needed for the tampering charges.

Sadly, this question applies to everything else he could have done to her. IF he buried her in water, why not throw in the other stuff with her (assuming he put her in a steel drum that is)? IF he buried her in the deep [re dug hole, why not also throw in the garbage items?
This is an interesting question and one that has been there since we saw the 'trashbin odyssey' by FD and MT. I keep coming back to this point of how FD/MT ended up with the bags to distribute along Albany in Hartford. It seems like FD/MT could have had the bags because they were directly responsible for the 'violent act' against JD or maybe the 'violent act' was performed by someone else at the behest of FD/MT and the person was charged with cleaning up and bringing the bags to FD/MT? IDK but its an interesting missing link in this case and one that Pattis has been mum on which makes it even more interesting IMO!

I tried to remember the first thought that popped into my head when we first saw the arrest warrant and it was that FD had assistance from someone that we haven't seen yet. The former FORE worker was part of this mix for a bit of time but doesn't seem part of the violent act that impacted JD that was mentioned in the arrest warrant and so far as we know LE hasn't mentioned any other POI or suspect in the case. Its a mystery.....for now.....

If JD gone girled herself, how do NP and FD explain Fd and MT disposing of evidence in trash bins? NP can say license plate of dumper is unclear, but I’d imagine LE charged FD because the video is clear enough and/or FD and MT phone records place them along the dump trail. How in the world do you get around that?

Also, FD has not been charged with murder. The more NP keeps bringing the subject up, the more guilty FD seems.

BBM This has, obviously because I keep posting about it, been driving me crazy too! He has all these changing murder defense theories and no one presses him on the tampering portion. Ugh! Remember not too long ago he was claiming that JD struggled with heroin her whole life? Pathetic.

thanks. was anything confirmed on the red pickup truck being at a car wash that morning? or was that just speculation.
We have no info on LE results of forensic work on any of the vehicles.

That's also on my list. This is obviously completely OT, but this is the list: Maltese, Shih Tzu, Brussels Griffon, West Highland White Terrier, Bichon Frise, Havanese, Chinese Crested, Scottish Terrier, Cairn Terrier, Schnauzer, Yorkshire Terrier, and Italian Greyhound.
Portugese water dog but its larger than the ones on your list but they are great dogs IMO!

Good questions. Guardianships in CT are obtained in probate court and are granted when parents can't care for their kids - missing, homeless, mentally ill, on drugs or incarcerated. That was the right forum for her at the time.

But she could intervene in family court at anytime. She just couldn't start a family law case for grandparent custody on her own.

Now that FDis out and "available", the probate orders wouldn't continue. So she has to battle in family court.

I hope the court can stretch the law to find that grandma has a parent-like relationship after a few weeks. But I do think it could be a stretch.

It does help that FD has highly restricted visitation and no real custody but mom was around then. So if one parent disappears another family member isn't really able to just step in their shoes and "take" custody from the other, non-custodial parent. There have been many cases where the murderer gets custody during the investigation and/or case.

So grandma has a battle.

But my hopeful prediction is that Heller grants custody to grandma.

Best interests of the children is the pivotal legal standard in every case.

Fingers crossed.

Judge Heller's determination of Supervised Visitation does not just go out the window because the mother is missing.

If there is a reason to limit supervised visitation Before the mother goes missing, that same reason applies After the mother goes missing.

Surely, she would not give full custody to FD.

She might give Supervised again, but I sure hope not.

Protection of these children is Paramount.

That's also on my list. This is obviously completely OT, but this is the list: Maltese, Shih Tzu, Brussels Griffon, West Highland White Terrier, Bichon Frise, Havanese, Chinese Crested, Scottish Terrier, Cairn Terrier, Schnauzer, Yorkshire Terrier, and Italian Greyhound.

DBM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members