Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fotis Dulos defense hires high-profile investigator Patrick McKenna, known for working on O.J. Simpson, Casey Anthony cases

Since Patrick McKenna has been named in many sources as the investigator for FD, we can now discuss him in this case and he is the same investigator in the Felon casey Anthony case, were there not questions about how he did his investigation in looking for Caylee? Was he the one looking for little Caylees body, supposedly came upon it and then did not report the finding? There was a picture of this. His standing as an investigator came into question....mods delete if this cannot be discussed.

IMO, I am not impressed. Defense is looking for anything to stick....and using the media for its own use and then saying this case is being tried in the media....well they need to zip their lips. That’s my opinion.

Sorry about earlier post. What I was trying to say was in work today we had a case conference about malignant narcissism and personality disorders, these people are not to be taken lightly. My mind drifted to FD.
@Bulldogs2, Do you have a definition of maglignant narcissim to help us understand it better?

We have been reading so many of the Family Court documents and have seen terms mentioned when talking about FD such as narcissim and delusion and it might be helpful to put into the thread what exactly these mean?

Having a common understanding of these terms will also help evaluate FD information going forward I think as no doubt more information will be coming out of Family Court soon IMO.

Earlier today there was discussion of FD hiding JD in plain sight. It seems that would have to be property that isn’t owned by him,( which I am sure everybody but me has already decided) ,which would be Welles Lane property or nearby or one of the two parks without security cameras. A few threads ago someone was describing how easy it would be to hide a body right off the roads near her home because of the dense woods. That seems like it would be easier and not as time consuming. Even though searches have been done maybe plain sight was too obvious.
You ask an interesting question! The issue with hiding in plain sight is that much of the area surrounding NC and Farmington is heavily wooded as is much of the distance driving between the two towns. We have seen other cases where bodies are found at a later date when those same areas had been searched earlier with cadaver dogs that found no body.

Just speculation but my guess is that due to the fact that LE aren't treating this case as a missing persons case with public searches etc., that with the CCTV LE has in its possesion that they have a good idea of which person/people they are looking for and which vehicle/s they are looking for and at which location.

The entire process of piecing the story together is complicated and time consuming. IMO I believe it makes sense that Welles had CCTV and so if the system were operational that LE has a precise idea of what they are looking for at this point. MOO

@Bulldogs2, Do you have a definition of maglignant narcissim to help us understand it better?

We have been reading so many of the Family Court documents and have seen terms mentioned when talking about FD such as narcissim and delusion and it might be helpful to put into the thread what exactly these mean?

Having a common understanding of these terms will also help evaluate FD information going forward I think as no doubt more information will be coming out of Family Court soon IMO.

Here is a brief piece from the NYT that could serve as a starting point for understanding narcissistic personality disorder and how it manifests in divorce cases- as you’ll see, this is pretty much the story of the JD/FD divorce.

Divorcing a Narcissist

Malignant narcissism isn’t an officially recognized diagnosis in the DSMIV but it’s a proposed subclassification.
I think Wikipedia does a pretty good job giving some of the background here:
Malignant narcissism - Wikipedia

Fotis Dulos defense hires high-profile investigator Patrick McKenna, known for working on O.J. Simpson, Casey Anthony cases

Since Patrick McKenna has been named in many sources as the investigator for FD, we can now discuss him in this case and he is the same investigator in the Felon casey Anthony case, were there not questions about how he did his investigation in looking for Caylee? Was he the one looking for little Caylees body, supposedly came upon it and then did not report the finding? There was a picture of this. His standing as an investigator came into question....mods delete if this cannot be discussed.

IMO, I am not impressed. Defense is looking for anything to stick....and using the media for its own use and then saying this case is being tried in the media....well they need to zip their lips. That’s my opinion.

The only person involved in the investigation talking is NP with the aid of RR. LE has held maybe 2 press conferences. The state prosecutor was on television once. The rest of the information to which there has been almost universal negative press has come out of NP's mouth. His "courting" of MT was particularly repugnant and the "Gone Girl" scenario ridiculous. That's what has kept people talking.

It probably isn't too far-fetched that he is trying to create a climate for a change of venue....perhaps Greece or Florida...????

I agree, I was involved in a very long and difficult custody case. I can say that we both had to take one as well as all of our children. IMO it would also depend on WHO requested the evaluation. Did the judge order it because of the vast accusations being made? Because of some prior history? Or did one of the attorneys request it?
IIRC (all detailed on earlier threads with references to MSM and court documents before they were sealed), the lawyers on both sides said yes to the psychiatric evaluation of FD and JD (so many things had been said by both parties about the other in the 'contentious' divorce proceedings over 2 long years, however, apparently, JD's statements made to the court had merit, and FD's seemed to be mostly in response and disproven, which was why, be that as it may, with all the wrangling and unsatisfactory resolution of issues, JD had won full custody of the children, and FD had limited, supervised visitation), and the judge approved it, and it happened on an 'initial' basis with a draft document prepared.

More importantly, JD was supposedly "all for it" (the evaluation). Sad but true, JD must have been holding onto hope that the court would "get it" finally, and why wouldn't she? She was playing with a 'full deck' and working within the system trying to' get on' with her life and raising her children in a good and loving environment, that she realized their father would not, could not ever provide. All JMO.

Agree, it helps them to determine a lot about the family dynamics. I'm sad to say this but I'm losing optimism they will find her. I hope for the families sake they do. I'm interested to see where/if MT's phone pinged on the day JD disappeared. I have only seen mention of that evening and I have not seen mention of FD's phone at the time of her disappearance either but could have missed it
LE has been totally 'mum' about most everything, including MT's whereabouts, alibi, cell phone activity the day that JD went missing (before 7 pm when she was reported missing, and FD and MT's cell phone pings were traced to Albany Ave in Hartford).
ETA: There was some 'patter' about MT having an 'alibi' for that morning, when she claimed she was returning a purse to a friend who had left it at their house the night before when FD and MT supposedly had a 'dinner party' but nothing LE has confirmed.

Last edited:
Totally correct. But I have to say the "REVENGE SUICIDE" theory last proposed by Pattis is in many ways even more offensive than "GONE GIRL". Truly wonder what they could be thinking of?

MSM link for "Revenge Suicide" theory proposed by No Case Norm:
Lawyer floats 'revenge suicide' theory for missing Connecticut mom

The only person involved in the investigation talking is NP with the aid of RR. LE has held maybe 2 press conferences. The state prosecutor was on television once. The rest of the information to which there has been almost universal negative press has come out of NP's mouth. His "courting" of MT was particularly repugnant and the "Gone Girl" scenario ridiculous. That's what has kept people talking.

It probably isn't too far-fetched that he is trying to create a climate for a change of venue....perhaps Greece or Florida...????

Here is a brief piece from the NYT that could serve as a starting point for understanding narcissistic personality disorder and how it manifests in divorce cases- as you’ll see, this is pretty much the story of the JD/FD divorce.

Divorcing a Narcissist

Malignant narcissism isn’t an officially recognized diagnosis in the DSMIV but it’s a proposed subclassification.
I think Wikipedia does a pretty good job giving some of the background here:
Malignant narcissism - Wikipedia
Your referenced article is stunning as a pattern that JD's life seems to have followed. Thanks for sharing....

Of course, one knows that no definitive diagnosis can be given without complete and thorough exams, but sometimes the actions are an indicator of a problem.

Florida acquitted CA; I’m sure he wouldn’t mind having a trial there

New court documents reveal more about the search for Jennifer Dulos

JULY 16, 2019

"STAMFORD — Jennifer Dulos’s family filed a motion for default after her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, and his company, the Fore Group, Inc., failed to appear at a deposition last Wednesday.

The notice of that deposition was given to his attorney almost two weeks before the scheduled date, according to court documents, and this is the second time he and his company have failed to appear at a deposition related to the case, which involves the estate of Jennifer’s late father, Hilliard Farber.

Meanwhile, the search warrants executed during the statewide investigation into the disappearance of Jennifer remain sealed for 90 days by a superior court judge.

The New Canaan mother of five hasn’t been seen since Friday, May 24th, when she dropped her children off at school. She was reported missing that evening, around the same time Fotis and his girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, were caught on video dropping garbage bags into bins along Albany Avenue in Hartford, according to arrest warrants. Police said at least two of those bags contained items with Jennifer’s blood on them....

Fotis’s defense team is planning on filing a motion to discovery of Jennifer’s medical records, as well as a motion to dismiss, by early next week."

New court documents reveal more about the search for Jennifer Dulos

920x920.jpg

Deadline approaches in custody battle for missing Connecticut mom's 5 kids (with clip)

July 16, 2019

"CONNECTICUT -- There is a major deadline approaching in the custody case involving the missing mother of five from Connecticut, as her estranged husband faces charges in her disappearance....

A judge has now set a Wednesday deadline to determine the custody of the couple's children, who are currently staying with Jennifer Dulos' mother in Manhattan.

Fotis Dulos has filed a request to dismiss his mother-in-law's motion seeking custody of the children...."

Deadline approaches in custody battle for missing Connecticut mom's 5 kids

IMO the conditions of his release preclude FD from taking custody of JD's children even if a family judge is foolish enough to give him custody. In some states, GF could also ask the state to file a dependency petition on the grounds that the children's safety would be endangered if FD were to take custody of them. The judge will be very aware of the optics and what has happened to other children in similar situations. In light of FD's prior conduct, I have a very hard time believing that any judge, much less the one who has witnesses his antics for the last to years (including JD invoking his 5th Amendment right against self-incrimination in order to avoid testifying about his whereabouts on the day of JD's murder at the last hearing), is going to even consider allowing FD to take custody of those children. This is why FD is trying to invoke procedural grounds for his motion to dismiss-he wants to have his cake and eat it, too. If the court lacks jurisdiction, he avoids his day of having to tell the truth about what he did. A petition to declare the children dependent avoids this problem and I have no doubt GF's very experienced attorneys are considering all options.

Last edited:

Speaking of Patrick McKenna and Casey Anthony, it appears from this article (and several more recent) that she is still living with him in FLA and she is working for him in the context of social media investigation and such. She might be involved in following Websleuths.
Casey Anthony's life in Florida now: Her work, hobbies, more

Even if he gets a change of venue, the case will have to be tried in the state of Connecticut because the case must be tried in the state where the murder occurred. In states like Florida, a change of venue can make a huge difference simply because of the state's diversity and the difference in jury composition between places like Pensacola and Miami. I am not sure how much difference a change of venue will make in Connecticut?

Exactly what does a PI in this case look for? Her body? I find it hard to think that there are facts that lead away from his involvement. Is the PI required to share what he finds with LE like LE has to do with defense counsel?

Even if he gets a change of venue, the case will have to be tried in the state of Connecticut because the case must be tried in the state where the murder occurred. In states like Florida, a change of venue can make a huge difference simply because of the state's diversity and the difference in jury composition between places like Pensacola and Miami. I am not sure how much difference a change of venue will make in Connecticut?

I agree-I doubt anyplace in Ct would be any better than another. NP needs to hope, not for an uneducated jury, but rather for an unintelligent one-one that can’t logically think through this; one that can get caught in NP’s weeds.

Exactly what does a PI in this case look for? Her body? I find it hard to think that there are facts that lead away from his involvement. Is the PI required to share what he finds with LE like LE has to do with defense counsel?

I wondered about this, too. PI will likely be looking for deficiencies in the witnesses, like he did in the OJ trial, making the witness’s testimony seem to be worth less than it actually is, in the jury’s eyes. He’ll go after LE, MT (if she has assisted the prosecution), and JD. He may go after GF just for fun. This is likely to be a bloodbath, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum