Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #15 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article is worth a read if, like me, you are dyslexic when it comes to the court system. It seems no matter which trial or case I follow I need things spelled out for me. this article states that based upon the opinion of other criminal attorneys they don't expect the discovery phase to occur anytime before 6 months to a year. Anyway, here you go.

Jennifer Dulos case: Michelle Troconis court appearance next step in likely long process

Here is a brief piece from the NYT that could serve as a starting point for understanding narcissistic personality disorder and how it manifests in divorce cases- as you’ll see, this is pretty much the story of the JD/FD divorce.

Divorcing a Narcissist

Malignant narcissism isn’t an officially recognized diagnosis in the DSMIV but it’s a proposed subclassification.
I think Wikipedia does a pretty good job giving some of the background here:
Malignant narcissism - Wikipedia
Thank you for posting this fantastic link!

Since we have been discussing the custody situation I wanted to do a single quote from the above NYT article "Divorcing a Narcissist" that addresses the issue of the parenting:

Q: My primary concern is that children are just terribly harmed by what happens. Kids have a hard time going through a normal divorce. In these high-conflict, contentious divorce cases, this becomes a child’s life. It’s evaluators and therapists and court cases. Children are caught in the middle of all that and deeply harmed by it.

A: Narcissists don’t make great parents, but they use the children as pawns because they know it’s the most important thing to their partner. It’s not that they necessarily want to have time with kids, but it looks good for them to do the Disneyland-parent kind of stuff. The children are the best tool they have to get back at their partner. [BBM]

Doesn't this answer sound like it mirrors almost everything we have been reading about in the Family Court case? Its almost as if this author being interviewed is holding a mirror up to FD in her discussion of this topic IMO.

MOO

Right-education level, as far as I am concerned, matters less than innate intelligence, especially if the juror has a fully functional BS meter. You can’t really “educate” that into people. I think NP better be careful if he thinks he is going to try to get an urban jury from Bridgeport, New Haven, or some of the other “poorer” locations in CT. He might make the mistake of thinking that people with no college education are not smart enough to figure out what happened.
Totally agree with you on this POV! While it depends on the type of case and type of evidence, sometimes street smarts and BS meters on a jury beat out extensive education IMO.

JULY 16, 2019
"STAMFORD — Jennifer Dulos’s family filed a motion for default after her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, and his company, the Fore Group, Inc., failed to appear at a deposition last Wednesday.
The notice of that deposition was given to his attorney almost two weeks before the scheduled date, according to court documents, and this is the second time he and his company have failed to appear at a deposition related to the case, which involves the estate of Jennifer’s late father, Hilliard Farber.
<snipped by me>
Fotis’s defense team is planning on filing a motion to discovery of Jennifer’s medical records, as well as a motion to dismiss, by early next week."
(BBM above): I don't understand with respect to the money FD borrowed and has not paid back to JD's parents, and GF suing him to repay over $2mil in loans they gave him, why he / his lawyers would fail to appear at the depositions, and would want JD's medical records and to file to dismiss the case. What do financial contracts between FD and his in-laws have to do with JD?

Just curious what the angle here might be. IIRC FD said in response to the lawsuit that he thought the money was a "gift", not a "loan" but still there has to be contractual paperwork with the money having been transferred between them and / or GF's lawyers have documentation of some sort, and again, what does JD have to do with any of it besides being married to him -- she didn't work for Fore Group or handle the money one would think. JMO.

ETA: I dearly hope that this move isn't leading up to a "he said / she said" situation where he says the money was a gift and JD told him that, and she is not here to counter anything he claims.

Last edited:
Pattis is a successful veteran trial lawyer who has represented people from various walks of life in various types of cases involving various types of juries and jurors. He's thought and written a lot about the role of the jury, the jury selection process, and how much power jurors hold. I'd guess he may have some good ideas on what kind of jurors would be bad for his side and what kind of jurors would listen to him.

No doubt; but he doesn’t have any control over who gets the jury summons, at least. The jury pool will be whatever it ends up being, and I guess we’ll see what it ends up being. Every smart person I know seems to try very hard to avoid jury duty (because it is enormously inconvenient), and it distresses me when I hear about it. Hopefully the evidence presented will be overwhelming (assuming there ends up being a trial).

Pattis is a successful veteran trial lawyer who has represented people from various walks of life in various types of cases involving various types of juries and jurors. He's thought and written a lot about the role of the jury, the jury selection process, and how much power jurors hold. I'd guess he may have some good ideas on what kind of jurors would be bad for his side and what kind of jurors would listen to him.
Is there a link to this summary of JD's defense attorney's qualifications and experience, or is this an opinion? TIA.

On the sister, I know that somewhere in mainstream media, she did say something about JD and it was very loving. MOO but I can’t see that anyone would blame JD, by all accounts from people other than FD, a kind and gentle person for the mess that FD caused. Yes, JD married him but I can’t think she knew exactly who or what she married. Like JD, JD’s sister also has money and she would thus be able to get quality help with the kids so it would not be just her alone. I’m not at all saying I think she should feel as though she should do it; I’m just saying that in MOO, she will WANT to do it.
Even if JD and her sister were different, or had their differences, unless there's been a divisive wedge in the relationship (these things frequently have their roots in wranglings about money or property), siblings will rally for one another. IMO. My sister and I didn't see eye-to-eye in our young-adult years, but particularly after I left a very bad relationship, we became trusted friends, advocates and pitbulls for each other. Kind of like, "It's ok if I want to cross/criticize my sister - but don't YOU dare."

The only person involved in the investigation talking is NP with the aid of RR. LE has held maybe 2 press conferences. The state prosecutor was on television once. The rest of the information to which there has been almost universal negative press has come out of NP's mouth. His "courting" of MT was particularly repugnant and the "Gone Girl" scenario ridiculous. That's what has kept people talking.

It probably isn't too far-fetched that he is trying to create a climate for a change of venue....perhaps Greece or Florida...????
You mean, Athens, Georgia? (Just bustin' :rolleyes: )

(BBM above): I don't understand with respect to the money FD borrowed and has not paid back to JD's parents, and GF suing him to repay over $2mil in loans they gave him, why he / his lawyers would fail to appear at the depositions, and would want JD's medical records and to file to dismiss the case. What do financial contracts between FD and his in-laws have to do with JD?

Just curious what the angle here might be. IIRC FD said in response to the lawsuit that he thought the money was a "gift", not a "loan" but still there has to be contractual paperwork with the money having been transferred between them and / or GF's lawyers have documentation of some sort, and again, what does JD have to do with any of it besides being married to him -- she didn't work for Fore Group or handle the money one would think. JMO.

ETA: I dearly hope that this move isn't leading up to a "he said / she said" situation where he says the money was a gift and JD told him that, and she is not here to counter anything he claims.

Don't worry.

IMO, JD's father, Hilliard Farber did not get his wealth by being stupid.

There are signed contracts between FD and JD's Father, HF in regards to the Loans.

They were posted here, several threads back and Hilliard even put into the documents that FD had to make the loan payments, In Person, to Hilliard in NYC.

If FD wants to say that the loans were gifts, then why did FD make and continue making payments on them?

FD would pay off one loan to HF and then obtain another loan for the next project.

FD knew full well that these were Loans and Not gifts.

Just because HF died, it does not absolve FD of any responsibility of making those loan payments to HF's estate.

In regards to 4JC, HF and GF signed as guarantors of either a construction loan or a straight mortgage loan and FD along with JD signed those documents.

FD then stopped payments on 4JC in late 2018. If this was also a gift, then why did FD continue payments on 4JC for over 1.5 years past the death of HF?

IF ALL of these Loans were gifts, then why did FD make Payments on these gifts?

As for not appearing at court in regards to these Loans, FD is going to use the excuse 'I did not know' about the court date.

IMO, this is a STALL Tactic to extend the case.

His prior attorney handling the suit from GF, abandoned ship and IMO, FD thinks he can just use that as a reason that he did not know about the court date.

The prior attorney was served notice at least two weeks in advance and it is also said that FD was also served notice at 4JC two weeks in advance.

Don't worry.

IMO, JD's father, Hilliard Farber did not get his wealth by being stupid.

There are signed contracts between FD and JD's Father, HF in regards to the Loans.

They were posted here, several threads back and Hilliard even put into the documents that FD had to make the loan payments, In Person, to Hilliard in NYC.

If FD wants to say that the loans were gifts, then why did FD make and continue making payments on them?

FD would pay off one loan to HF and then obtain another loan for the next project.

FD knew full well that these were Loans and Not gifts.

Just because HF died, it does not absolve FD of any responsibility of making those loan payments to HF's estate.

In regards to 4JC, HF and GF signed as guarantors of either a construction loan or a straight mortgage loan and FD along with JD signed those documents.

FD then stopped payments on 4JC in late 2018. If this was also a gift, then why did FD continue payments on 4JC for over 1.5 years past the death of HF?

IF ALL of these Loans were gifts, then why did FD make Payments on these gifts?

As for not appearing at court in regards to these Loans, FD is going to use the excuse 'I did not know' about the court date.

IMO, this is a STALL Tactic to extend the case.

His prior attorney handling the suit from GF, abandoned ship and IMO, FD thinks he can just use that as a reason that he did not know about the court date.

The prior attorney was served notice at least two weeks in advance and it is also said that FD was also served notice at 4JC two weeks in advance.
Thank you, that all makes sense that FD is on the hook for paying back the loans, and he is stalling by not going to the depositions, using new lawyer as an excuse.

I still wonder, though, why (1) they would move to dismiss, and (2) they want to see JD's medical records regarding the loans? That doesn't make sense to me at all. Unless he is going to try to claim that JD was at fault somehow due a medical issue in his falling behind on the loan payments, which wouldn't surprise me since everything is someone else's fault or they are made to take the blame when dealing with someone like FD, but it still would make me sick if he is still planning to go after JD regarding her well being. JMO.
ETA: IIRC FD's lawyer referred to FD getting a $14k medical bill for JD in MSM early on, so I guess I'm worried that this request for her medical records is a follow up to that and they think somehow it is related to the loans. Pretty weird that this (1) and (2) above was stated in the article about the loans lawsuit, IMO.

Dulos Vs Dulos
523.00 07/17/2019 P OBJECTION TO MOTION
newred.gif

Proposed Intervenor's Memorandum of Law in Opposition to Defendant's Motion to Dismiss Pendente Lite

NP is stretching the 6th Amendment, IMO....but it will take time to rule on this...right?

I did miss the further explanation in the attachment....NP is still having trouble getting his stories and FD's stories aligned...According to FD, he and Jennifer were being cordial to one another and getting along much better. This was after Jennifer realized the attorneys were taking advantage of her, according to FD.

Now Norm says that the divorce was highly contentious....blah, blah, blah...and the medical records will prove????

Thank you sds71 for posting the court filing by FD's lawyer seeking JD's medical records. This is related to his defense on the existing charges, and not related to the loans as I was posting about upthread - IMO the MSM article must have mixed up the cases cuz there are so many (custody, loans, tampering/hindering). It's chilling to see this preposterous angle by FD's defense attorney in writing that (paraphrasing) they think she could have been sick enough to have faked her own murder so he wouldn't get custody of the children. Ugggghhhhhhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm