Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered about that and thought maybe her lawyer advised against it because it might further “enrage” him. Lawyers sometimes advise things that seem incomprehensible.

Yeah. The standard procedure not too long ago, was to advise women to take out restraining orders in every situation (where they are being harassed or are fearful).

This has been proven to be wrong.

In many cases that is the right approach, but in others it runs the risk of achieving the opposite of its intent.

It all comes down to the psychology of the person who the restraining order is against.

If this person is obsessed with their image and their public reputation, a restraining order runs the risk of enraging him, and can actually lead to violence.

It’s situational.

To those who wonder how someone could do this. Well. 99.9% of us have little fuses that stop of from going that far but others, well, we see it all the time. I had been through a divorce with kids. About 20 years ago now. I was desperate. My family was everything to me. Imagine you're on a dark street with your family and someone comes at you all with a knife. Would you defend your family and kill the perpetrator if need be. Most of us think we would. A divorce where you don't have custody, not surprisingly, isn't much different. You end up with thoughts like, Jeez, this is worse than if she was killed in a car crash. Not only is she gone, but I don't see my kids, and I'm out all the money. Divorce is the worst outcome. So the thought of, hey, if she were to go missing, everything would be better isn't that far fetched. Fortunately, most of us realize that that would be wrong. Ethically, Morally, Spiritually, and Legally. And we learn to accept the worst case. But there are some folks, like this entitled sob that can't accept the worst case. They may make great warriors, but they make horrible husbands.

Yeah. The standard procedure not too long ago, was to advise women to take out restraining orders in every situation (where they are being harassed or are fearful).

This has been proven to be wrong.

In many cases that is the right approach, but in others it runs the risk of achieving the opposite of its intent.

It all comes down to the psychology of the person who the restraining order is against.

If this person is obsessed with their image and their public reputation, a restraining order runs the risk of enraging him, and can actually lead to violence.

It’s situational.
Excellent info-^^^^
Jennifer couldn't have been more clear in her pleading to the court about how she knew her filing documents would enrage
FD. She knew him well enough to know he would strike back at her any way he could as long as he thought he wouldn't get caught.
These tough bullies like FD know their wives are weak and vulnerable. And they are, because women typically want to run
or flee from the tough bully, not confront him or fight back.
Aside from hiring a bodyguard and or packing a gun, there really
isn't much a woman can do. Some women even move cross country and hide out hoping to safely get through the divorce
in one piece. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Excellent info-
Jennifer couldn't have been more clear in her pleading to the court about how she knew her filing documents would enrage
FD. She knew him well enough to know he would strike back at her any way he could as long as he thought he wouldn't get caught.
These tough bullies like FD know their wives are weak and vulnerable. And they are, because women typically want to run
isn't much a woman can do. Some women even move cross country and hide out hoping to safely get through the divorce
Yeah, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if this was all calculated on her part. As you said, she was pretty clear in those documents.

Sometimes a restraining order isn’t worth the paper it is printed on.

Or worse.

Per one of the early articles he was trying to get them Greek passports, and the court ordered him to stop. Doesn't mean he did. Also, he didn't have to surrender his non -US passports, just his US one. So, its entirely possible he thought he was going to have them unsupervised all weekend, and leave with the kids on foreign passports (possibly via private plane or from Canada) before anyone realized JD was really missing. The nanny taking the kids to NYC foiled that plan. JMO

That's my hunch at what his plan was, though trying to apply a logical plan to this man is a bit foolish, I suppose.

I think he thought the nanny would contact him Friday night, he would collect the kids, and then.....they're gone.

He and MT would live abroad for the rest of their lives, and I think they'd send the six kids off to boarding schools.

Speculation only.

Yay for the nanny and grandma! Especially wonderful he was foiled not only by his own stupidity but also by the smarts of the women in Jennifer's life.

jmo

Yeah, I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if this was all calculated on her part. As you said, she was pretty clear in those documents.

Sometimes a restraining order isn’t worth the paper it is printed on.

Or worse.
From the way he behaved based on court docs, I doubt a restraining order would have deterred him. He even made a reference to one to JD according to what she said in docs. FD probably thinks that is all a joke.

What I will never ever understand is how a person could murder someone who at one time - they loved? There was a real human connection.

But they do - every day we hear of these atrocities. Unfortunately and tragically.
Some even have brought children into the world together - and some have not. But at one time there was love and trust.

Sometimes I wonder if our brains can actually accept the possibility that someone whom we loved and loved us, could one day plan and carry out our murder.

I don't know of course, and this can never be tested, but even when women (or men) take extreme precautions - can they really and truly believe that their actual lives are at peril?

From what I gather, Jennifer was a trusting and very kind person - that goes without saying.

It sounds as if she was being as careful as she believed she had to be.

It is difficult for me to fathom that someone who once loved me would in the future - plan to murder and dispose of me.

Just my own thoughts and opinions.

It could only be that the person never loved to begin with. More people are just actors or shells than we realize.

From the way he behaved based on court docs, I doubt a restraining order would have deterred him. He even made a reference to one to JD according to what she said in docs. FD probably thinks that is all a joke.
Yes, and if he isn't the epitome of an entitled, spoiled jerk.......
I'm so sorry JD's father didn't intervene with his daughter getting
entangled with this creep. Surely, if FD spent much time around her family, they must have gotten some vibes about all the red flags. But then I've seen similar malicious, entitled narcissists in
my own family and around the older family members the bad boy
acts like the good little boy scout. Eagle merit badges and all.
They're often great impersonators til they get entwined into
the family. Total manipulators.

Excellent info-^^^^

Yes and not only that but Jennifer as a kind and vulnerable lady, was likely attracted to him in the first place because of his toughness, thinking he would be protective of her and her children. She likely never saw that he was a psychopath until it was well too late - long past the love bombing phase by her would-be loving tough guy.

Do we think FD and MT will talk if they're caught? There's no death sentence in CT to take off the table, so maybe possibility of parole for cooperating?
She’ll talk, I’m convinced of it.

I’m not sure what the sentencing guidelines are in CT, but she’s looking at potential“conspiracy to commit murder” charges.

That brings a heavy sentence.

Perhaps she will strike a deal, and plead guilty to accessory after the fact or something.

They already have her dead to rights on the tampering charge, and you can bet that more serious charges are coming down the pike.

Do we think FD and MT will talk if they're caught? There's no death sentence in CT to take off the table, so maybe possibility of parole for cooperating?
I think MT is more likely to talk since it is more likely she was an accomplice and not the ringleader of this plot. She is more likely as well to garner any itoa of sympathy, IMO. The whole single mother swept off her feet in love by a narcissist rap could be the avenue MT tries to take.

One approach might be to offer lesser charges to one of them in exchange for spilling the beans on the other.

But...I think they both were involved with the entire thing, so prosecutor might want to see both of them go down for murder, not just one of them.

The only leverage one of them has, imo, is giving up the location of the body. That is a valuable asset, imo. But only one of them can use it - and I don't think it's even a temptation for them until they officially face murder charges.

Just my armchair opinion.

Yes, and if he isn't the epitome of an entitled, spoiled jerk.......
I'm so sorry JD's father didn't intervene with his daughter getting
entangled with this creep. Surely, if FD spent much time around her family, they must have gotten some vibes about all the red flags. But then I've seen similar malicious, entitled narcissists in
my own family and around the older family members the bad boy
acts like the good little boy scout. Eagle merit badges and all.
They're often great impersonators til they get entwined into
the family. Total manipulators.
I also find it hard to believe based on JD's blog posts that FD is all that interested in having those kids. It seems like it was all a power play, pride deal for him, IMO. But to give him credit, he does know how to go thru the motions. Pun intended there, I guess.

She’ll talk, I’m convinced of it.

I’m not sure what the sentencing guidelines are in CT, but she’s looking at potential“conspiracy to commit murder” charges.

That brings a heavy sentence.

Perhaps she will strike a deal, and plead guilty to accessory after the fact or something.

They already have her dead to rights on the tampering charge, and you can bet that more serious charges are coming down the pike.

A deal much like KKK is getting...IF they tell the truth on the stand.

Connor Ryan on Twitter

"NEW: "Right now, it's a mystery where she is," a Connecticut cop searching for missing mom Jennifer Dulos tells NY Post. "We don't have a strong lead.""

Well, that's not what I wanted to hear...
I'm going to be optimistic and hope that statement really means, "We do have some leads but we're not telling you because we don't want the press to show up while we investigate."

Probably wishful thinking on my part.....

jmo

One approach might be to offer lesser charges to one of them in exchange for spilling the beans on the other.

But...I think they both were involved with the entire thing, so prosecutor might want to see both of them go down for murder, not just one of them.

The only leverage one of them has, imo, is giving up the location of the body. That is a valuable asset, imo. But only one of them can use it - and I don't think it's even a temptation for them until they officially face murder charges.

Just my armchair opinion.
Could be ... whoever flips on the other first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz