Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There probably was. My husband and I have had issues with one of his relatives and we have similar arrangements. If this, then that. Several close friends, as well as the trustees and those who are guardians have copies of our contingency plans as well as each others numbers and the business card for the estate lawyer. JMO
My wife and I have a folder in a secure place that the kids and a couple of trusted adults know about as well- that is why I mentioned it.

Per one of the early articles he was trying to get them Greek passports, and the court ordered him to stop. Doesn't mean he did. Also, he didn't have to surrender his non -US passports, just his US one. So, its entirely possible he thought he was going to have them unsupervised all weekend, and leave with the kids on foreign passports (possibly via private plane or from Canada) before anyone realized JD was really missing. The nanny taking the kids to NYC foiled that plan. JMO
I doubt he planned on leaving the country with the children because it would be considered a parental kidnapping and the FBI would quickly work with the country to have him arrested.

I think he was hoping he'd have the children prior to anyone noticing JD was missing, which is what happened in the Frazee case. The nanny and friends did foil that plan.

JMO

Given the holiday weekend, and knowing that normal traffic on a Friday NB from Manhattan is terrible enough to make you cry, the nanny would have to have been really quick about going straight from school to granny's and then immediately back to CT. It's a little over an hour with no traffic, but can easily take 2 when traffic starts to back up. So the fact that it may have been pre-planned makes a lot of sense to me.

If mom had a 1p appointment in Manhattan, it's unlikely she planned to get the kids. That would have been cutting it really close. So if mom was a no-show at pickup, then the granny was called, then they found the nanny, she got to the school and took the kids, that would eat up precious time we know she didn't have since we know she was back in NC by around 7pm.
That's why I believe the NYC visit was pre-planned - JD had doctor appointments (from the arrest affidavit) and the Nanny very likely picked them up at 2:15 when school let out (from the schools' website schedule of hours for lower school) and drove them straight up to Grandma's then came back home and was available when the call came to let the police in. She was reported missing at 7pm - so if she had other things to do in the City, they may not have become worried until later in the day and when they couldn't reach her, called the NC police (speculation)

I can’t either. It does appear though that she could be charged with murder itself, which is even better.

We’ll need a lawyer to chime in here. @LVatty10 @gitana1, any idea what she could be looking at, assuming she was involved in the murder plot itself?

One of the most important aspects of conspiracy law in Connecticut is that the State does not charge you with the crime of conspiracy itself and there is no separate penalty for conspiracy. Rather, you will be charged with conspiracy to commit a specific criminal offense that you conspired to engage in and the penalty is exactly the same as if you were to have actually committed that crime.

Conspiracy Crimes | Fairfield County Criminal Defense Lawyer
I kept seeing statutes that said the same as above followed by "with the exception of Class A Felonies," which includes murder. 25-60 are the sentencing guidelines in CT for murder.

I can’t either. It does appear though that she could be charged with murder itself, which is even better.

We’ll need a lawyer to chime in here. @LVatty10 @gitana1, any idea what she could be looking at, assuming she was involved in the murder plot itself?

One of the most important aspects of conspiracy law in Connecticut is that the State does not charge you with the crime of conspiracy itself and there is no separate penalty for conspiracy. Rather, you will be charged with conspiracy to commit a specific criminal offense that you conspired to engage in and the penalty is exactly the same as if you were to have actually committed that crime.

Kyle Navin Gets 55 Years For 'Black-Hearted Crime' Of Killing His Parents
His girlfriend got 8 years Valiante gets 8 years for helping Navin kill his parents

Murder is defined as intentionally causing the death of another person. In Connecticut, the most serious type of murder is capital felony murder. An example of capital felony murder is intentionally killing a police officer while he is performing his duties or murdering two or more people. Felony murder is another category of murder in Connecticut. It involves the commission of a felony during the murder. An example of felony murder is causing the death of another person while committing a robbery. Both crimes are punishable by death or life imprisonment. The following is a brief summary of Connecticut murder laws.

Murder: A person is guilty of murder when, with intent to cause the death of another person, he causes the death of such person or of a third person or causes a suicide by force, duress or deception.

Capital felony: Murdering an officer, marshal, inspector, firefighter or other person performing law enforcement duties or duties within a correctional facility wherein the defendant is confined, murdering for profit or hiring someone to murder for profit, murder with a prior conviction of murder or felony murder, murder while serving a life sentence, murder of a kidnapped person during the kidnapping, murder during first degree sexual assault, murdering 2 or more people in a single transaction, or murdering a person under 16 years of age

Felony Murder: Consists of causing the death of another person while committing, attempting to commit, acting in furtherance of, or fleeing any of the following felony crimes:
  • Robbery
  • Burglary
  • Kidnapping
  • First degree sexual assault
  • Third degree sexual assault
  • Third degree sexual assault with a firearm
  • First and second degree escape
Murder is a Class A felony punishable by up to 60 years in prison and up to $20,000 in fines. The minimum sentence served is 25 years.

Capital felony or felony murder are punishable by death or life imprisonment without parole.

It is a defense to felony murder in cases where there is more than one participant, that the participant did not commit the act which caused the death of another person or request, cause, or aid in the act, was not armed with a deadly weapon, and had no reasonable ground to believe that any other participant was armed with a deadly weapon or intended to engage in conduct likely to cause death or serious physical injury.
  • The person was under the influence of an extreme emotional disturbance (a.k.a. "heat of passion" defense). (The person may still be charged with manslaughter.)
  • The person suffered from a mental disease or defect and therefore could not have the necessary intent for murder.

I’m not so sure the nanny returned to Jennifer’s house in NC, after she accompanied or drove the children to their grandmother’s. -

When I read in the warrant that she was the one who let LE into the house, I read it as she told them on the phone, from the grandmother’s, what the code was to open the garage door or where to find a hidden door key.

MOO
hmm para 3 - paraphrasing from the warrant - they attempted to raise someone inside the house but were unsuccessful, at the behest of the family, the nanny provided access to the officers. Interesting - I will have to go back and look at the custody filing now because I think Mom says the Nanny has been with them since 5/24?
Scan Jun 3, 2019 (367 views)
ETA - checked the custody pleading and children have been with the Nanny at the NYC apartment continuously since 5/24. So a code must have been given to allow them to enter the property and because Mom has JD's POA she could consent to the search? Would hate that blood evidence to be thrown out...JMO Under the authority of a Mincey Search Warrant they conducted the crime scene processing on the blood stains. Will have to look that type of warrant up

Last edited:
I’m not so sure the nanny returned to Jennifer’s house in NC, after she accompanied or drove the children to their grandmother’s. -

When I read in the warrant that she was the one who let LE into the house, I read it as she told them on the phone, from the grandmother’s, what the code was to open the garage door or where to find a hidden door key.

MOO
yep - para 4 of the custody doc
Nanny has remained with the children at the NYC residence. Must be a garage code IMO
https://media.wtnh.com/nxs-wtnhtv-m...un 4, Doc 1_1559668712212_90689131_ver1.0.pdf

Murder is defined as intentionally causing the death of another person. In Connecticut, the most serious type of murder is capital felony murder. An example of capital felony murder is intentionally killing a police officer while he is performing his duties or murdering two or more people. Felony murder is another category of murder in Connecticut. It involves the commission of a felony during the murder. An example of felony murder is causing the death of another person while committing a robbery. Both crimes are punishable by death or life imprisonment. The following is a brief summary of Connecticut murder laws.

Murder: A person is guilty of murder when, with intent to cause the death of another person, he causes the death of such person or of a third person or causes a suicide by force, duress or deception.

Capital felony: Murdering an officer, marshal, inspector, firefighter or other person performing law enforcement duties or duties within a correctional facility wherein the defendant is confined, murdering for profit or hiring someone to murder for profit, murder with a prior conviction of murder or felony murder, murder while serving a life sentence, murder of a kidnapped person during the kidnapping, murder during first degree sexual assault, murdering 2 or more people in a single transaction, or murdering a person under 16 years of age

Felony Murder: Consists of causing the death of another person while committing, attempting to commit, acting in furtherance of, or fleeing any of the following felony crimes:
  • Robbery
  • Burglary
  • Kidnapping
  • First degree sexual assault
  • Third degree sexual assault
  • Third degree sexual assault with a firearm
  • First and second degree escape
Murder is a Class A felony punishable by up to 60 years in prison and up to $20,000 in fines. The minimum sentence served is 25 years.

Capital felony or felony murder are punishable by death or life imprisonment without parole.

It is a defense to felony murder in cases where there is more than one participant, that the participant did not commit the act which caused the death of another person or request, cause, or aid in the act, was not armed with a deadly weapon, and had no reasonable ground to believe that any other participant was armed with a deadly weapon or intended to engage in conduct likely to cause death or serious physical injury.
  • The person was under the influence of an extreme emotional disturbance (a.k.a. "heat of passion" defense). (The person may still be charged with manslaughter.)
  • The person suffered from a mental disease or defect and therefore could not have the necessary intent for murder.

Murder for profit strikes me as what he should be charged with. At a minimum. But they need to find her body.

Yeah. The standard procedure not too long ago, was to advise women to take out restraining orders in every situation (where they are being harassed or are fearful).

This has been proven to be wrong.

In many cases that is the right approach, but in others it runs the risk of achieving the opposite of its intent.

It all comes down to the psychology of the person who the restraining order is against.

If this person is obsessed with their image and their public reputation, a restraining order runs the risk of enraging him, and can actually lead to violence.

It’s situational.
Even if one obtains a protection order, domestic violence advocates ALWAYS advise having a safety plan in place.

What surprises me is that even though she lived in an expensive home, apparently JD didn't have security cameras protecting her and the children both inside and outside. It seems JD was caught by surprise in her own home.

JMO

Murder for profit strikes me as what he should be charged with. At a minimum. But they need to find her body.

They should still be able to nail him without a body, but it is still very important that they find her.

Both for the case, and for the family.

It appears they found a lot of blood in the garage, and in those trash receptacles.

There’s no question that she is dead, based on the circumstances as well as physical evidence.

Random thought: I tried looking up trash pickup for Farmington. FD's Jefferson Crossing home is private (I believe that means they must dispose of their own trash), but Mountain Spring road is through the town and is picked up Tuesday morning. Just a thought.

no Jennifer was not too trusting. She just didn't know how to fully
protect herself. She wasn't an aggressive , tough woman. If she were she would have armed herself, and carried a firearm at all times. These tough bullies understand that and he would have backed off.
He had the element of surprise in his favor; a firearm may not have been helpful. What she needed was a bodyguard and a live-in couple; one to do her gardening and one the housekeeping, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz