Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Soap box moment.......<modsnip: removed reference to quoted post> I will say and I speak only for myself that I’m utterly disgusted that this divorce case dates back to 2017 and with everything I’ve read was not coming to a close anytime soon! Two years is absolutely ridiculous! The only persons this was advantageous for were the lawyers and judges involved! Heck if it takes over 2 years to dissolve an incredibly dysfunctional (to put it lightly) marriage any satisfactory outcome is long from over! NO wonder we can’t get anything done in this country! Stepping down
How about 5 years? When kids and money are involved it can be endless IMO (have a look at county divorce dockets )

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a guess, but maybe they have received enough CCTV in regards to his place, so therefore they aren't asking for any more? There may very well be a reason that we just aren't aware of yet at this time? Just thinking out loud.
You are most likely correct. But its puzzling that he seemed to be or rather his phone seemed to be staying in an empty house for a long time and then the next thing that is disclosed is that they are taking the trip down Albany Avenue in Hartford with the bags? Wonder how the police are going to put this all together without CCTV to prove that FD and MT were physically at the locations where their phones were?

I was just contemplating whether she was the mastermind behind all of this.
I see no evidence of that whatsoever.

She should pay the maximum price for her involvement in this, but all signs seem to point as FD as the driving force here.

He has a pattern of behavior that has been exhibited in countless men that have killed their estranged wives.

His company was a house of cards, and I think the motive was both financial, and one of rage.

He was losing control, and he didn’t like that.

He’s an abusive jerk who escalated his behavior to cold blooded murder.

*Edited for grammar.

Last edited:
Yes, you are correct but doesn't it seem strange to you that they didn't include her trail but did include his? Wonder if this was intentional or not? I know there is an art to writing a warrant as well as understanding a warrant. I'm just wondering what we are missing in looking at the warrant?
I don’t think we are missing anything - the warrant was for one purpose only - to secure arrests on charges they had evidence of - everything else will be saved for the murder warrant IMO

From the above.....
Troconis allegedly did herself in by being caught on one of the videos leaning out the window of Fotis’s pickup truck, igwhere garbage bags were piled in the back — to smoke a carette, said the first source, a Connecticut cop involved with the probe.
BBM.
The first we have heard of this.
This is a big leak by that CT cop if true

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Soap box moment.......<modsnip: removed reference to quoted post> I will say and I speak only for myself that I’m utterly disgusted that this divorce case dates back to 2017 and with everything I’ve read was not coming to a close anytime soon! Two years is absolutely ridiculous! The only persons this was advantageous for were the lawyers and judges involved! Heck if it takes over 2 years to dissolve an incredibly dysfunctional (to put it lightly) marriage any satisfactory outcome is long from over! NO wonder we can’t get anything done in this country! Stepping down

2 years isn’t that long. In my state (WA) the courts are so backed up that most divorces that aren’t completely uncontested take at least a year and if it needs to go to trial, that is an added 4-6month wait. Two years isn’t uncommon for a contentious divorce with kids. I filed for divorce in 2/2011 and it was not finalized until 11/2015, namely because my mentally ill ex represented himself and could waste time and my money dragging it out, and they gave him too much leeway because he was pro se. His next divorce took 19 months.... they were only married 7 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Article with reference to court documents associated with FD financial situation:
New Canaan: Jennifer Dulos’ estranged husband fails to make bail after years of business trouble

From above article:

"In addition to the Tudor home, Fore Group lists for sale the 15,000-square-foot Farmington manse that Dulos uses as his company’s address. The property last appraised at $2.2 million and is co-owned by Jennifer Dulos, according to the most recent records posted online by the town of Farmington".

"Documents in the couple’s two-year divorce case reveal that Dulos claimed to have assets of less than $400,000 against total liabilities between $4.9 million and $7.6 million, the latter figure including what is described as contingent debt".

"According to court filings in the divorce, Fotis Dulos claimed “to be in dire financial circumstances” and that the Fore Group, which he is the sole shareholder of, may qualify for bankruptcy. Dulos also said the “Fore Group has not generated any cash flow in 2019,” according to court documents".

"However, Jennifer Dulos’ attorney filed a response saying Fotis Dulos had not been paying the mortgage of their Farmington home, but allowed his girlfriend to live in the residence without paying rent. His girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, has also been charged in Jennifer Dulos’ disappearance".

"Fore Group has also incurred multiple lawsuits, including one filed in January 2018 by the mother of Jennifer Dulos who claims Fotis Dulos failed to repay nearly $2 million in loans from her late husband, Hilliard. Fotis Dulos used the money to purchase and develop properties".

"Hilliard Farber died in January 2017, having spent the bulk of his career running a New York City-based securities broker-dealer firm, which was acquired in 2008 by TradeWeb".

"In the case of a Hemlock Hill Road home in New Canaan, Gloria Farber claimed Dulos failed to repay $1 million he owed on a $1.5 million loan from 2015. The same lawsuit alleged that Dulos owed another $670,000 on a loan from 2009. However, Dulos claims in documents filed by his attorneys that the funds were gifts and not loans".

"Farber is seeking $2 million, with a judge granting a legal attachment of $500,000 against Fore Group in advance of a full trial scheduled for this December. Fotis Dulos’ attorneys have spent the past several weeks seeking a court order to depose Jennifer Dulos’ mother".

Dear Afitzy,

Thank you for posting this information!

The proverbial walls were certainly closing in.

Dear fellow sleuthers,

What are the chances that clothing with blood on it that was worn by F.D. was dumped along with the other bloody clothing?

I'm thinking the chances are pretty good.
Dang it... you got me!! ... so much for "popping in"

ALSO: What are the chances this clothing also carries the DNA of FD and/or MT??

5/25 14:47 he turned his phone over - did they keep it ? I don’t know but I bet they did - and I suspect he has more than one or went and got another one before turning the phone over ? He had to know (or maybe not some people don’t know about location settings on smart phones but he had the X IIRC so am guessing he knew) in any case he and MT lived together and am sure he went straight back to her after the brief police visit - speculation on my part

They may not have kept it. This came up in a recent case, and I recall that the download process takes no more than 10 minutes.

Hell, I’m sure they wanted him to keep it, in case they obtained a warrant to record his phone conversations.

Dang it... you got me!! ... so much for "popping in"

ALSO: What are the chances this clothing also carries the DNA of FD and/or MT??

Dear EmilyVan,

I believe that the clothing will have at least F.D.'s DNA on some of it.

We shall see what the DNA testing results are. It may be very surprising but definitely interesting!

5/25 14:47 he turned his phone over - did they keep it ? I don’t know but I bet they did - and I suspect he has more than one or went and got another one before turning the phone over ? He had to know (or maybe not some people don’t know about location settings on smart phones but he had the X IIRC so am guessing he knew) in any case he and MT lived together and am sure he went straight back to her after the brief police visit - speculation on my part
I wonder though if Police have been able to collect all the phones or even know of all the phones that were used? They also could have used burners and ditched them? Maybe that is what the metal detectors were for?

I'm also curious of the route taken from NC to Hartford? NCPD asked for CCTV from folks near the Merritt but the northern most entrance to Merritt is Rt 123 and this can also be used to head to Ridgefield, up Rt7 and get to Rt84. Ridgefield and Redding police I believe do use the license plate scanners so I wonder if they were able to get any confirmation of FD/MT route to Hartford using this technology?

Just a guess, but maybe they have received enough CCTV in regards to his place, so therefore they aren't asking for any more? There may very well be a reason that we just aren't aware of yet at this time? Just thinking out loud.
Very true we know the neighbor has footage of him picking up his mail perhaps the same day he killed his wife imo

I see no evidence of that whatsoever.

She should pay the maximum price for her involvement in this, but all signs seem to point as FD as the driving force here.

He has a pattern of behavior that has been exhibited in countless men that have killed their estranged wives.

His company was a house of cards, and I think the motive was both financial, and one of rage.

He was losing control, and he didn’t like that.

He’s an abusive jerk who escalated his behavior to cold blooded murder.

*Edited for grammar.

I do not disagree with a single word of the above. But something about her is so gruesome and unholy. Just contemplating.

And it is so beyond sad. I mean, I’m sure that any kid who suffers the loss of a parent to homicide is going to have some lasting issues, but it seems so much worse when it is the other parent. The impact of such a betrayal must be enormous.

It must be enormous. I can't even imagine.

And on top of all of that, every horrible detail played out in the headline national television, media and newspapers.

It is all so deeply saddening. My heart is with the children.

Hoping with all of my heart that the Jennifer's mother obtains full custody.

I do not disagree with a single word of the above. But something about her is so gruesome and unholy. Just contemplating.
Ha! And I don’t think a single person would disagree with your characterization of her.

She’s up to her neck in this, but I don’t think she was involved in the actual act of murder, or instigated this.

It doesn’t make her any less of a horrible person though.

I wonder though if Police have been able to collect all the phones or even know of all the phones that were used? They also could have used burners and ditched them? Maybe that is what the metal detectors were for?

I'm also curious of the route taken from NC to Hartford? NCPD asked for CCTV from folks near the Merritt but the northern most entrance to Merritt is Rt 123 and this can also be used to head to Ridgefield, up Rt7 and get to Rt84. Ridgefield and Redding police I believe do use the license plate scanners so I wonder if they were able to get any confirmation of FD/MT route to Hartford using this technology?
Man @afitzy ! How do you keep up on the posts and still be able to search for info?

Or do you just already know all this???

I’m impressed!

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads