Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my years of garage door opening/closing experience, I usually use the remote to open the door, and use a button on the wall to close it.

If Jennifer did the same, he could have waited for her to exit her vehicle, and caught her by surprise.
BBM:
Same here.

I'm thinking about the car locks, though. If at any point she saw him prior to exiting her vehicle, she would have hit those door locks. And then grabbed her phone and dialed 9-1-1.

This was a really risky plan on his part, if this is what he did.

Then again, he's a moron.

He probably didn't think it through. Scratch that:
He clearly didn't think it through.

JMO.

I mean, it almost beggars belief.

They have biohazards up the wazoo stacked in the back of their truck, schlepping around from dumpster to dumpster with blood probably both figuratively and literally on their hands...and the thing MT is concerning herself with is making sure that she leans outside the truck to smoke.

Because, y'know, heaven forbid you get cigarette smoke in your vehicle.

Priorities.

JMO.

Maybe he's a staunch non-smoker who like water skiing competitions, and she's a wild and crazy distraction who is allowed to smoke as long as she hangs her head out the window.

This screenshot is taken from Google Earth, apparently when the house was still under construction.

It’s pretty apparent to me that any vehicle that wasn’t supposed to be there, would be noticed.

Attachments

• 2CF90A56-B16A-4B5C-8AE8-B10925F14BCA.jpeg
    2CF90A56-B16A-4B5C-8AE8-B10925F14BCA.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 54
Let’s focus on this paragraph in the latest NY Post article on the case:

Troconis allegedly did herself in by being caught on one of the videos leaning out the window of Fotis’ pickup truck, where garbage bags were piled in the back — to smoke a cigarette, said the first source, a Connecticut cop involved with the probe.

Snipped & different part BBM

Honestly do not know. How reliable is the NY Post? I’m always skeptical when the word “cop” is used.

In my years of garage door opening/closing experience, I usually use the remote to open the door, and use a button on the wall to close it.

If Jennifer did the same, he could have waited for her to exit her vehicle, and caught her by surprise.

I also use a button on the wall to close my garage door 99% of the time.

I’ve agreed with pretty much all of your views on this case throughout the threads, which you might have noticed by the amount of likes. I haven’t felt the need to say anything b/c you’ve beat me to it!

Yes, some doors are very slow. But thinking of the garage doors gets me back to wondering about the security. On our system one of the reports generated is status of windows and doors. I wonder if her system was activated and so would have recorded garage door movement? Even if FD had the code from one of the children the report would still record the door being opened.

Do most people here think that FD and possibly MT were inside the garage when JD returned home from school drop? Or, is the general view that FD and possibly MT waited outside for the garage door to open and followed JD inside?

I'm trying to picture both of the scenarios and how JD could have responded. Both scenarios are frightening but I'm now wondering if FD/MT were inside garage and waited for JD to exit the car when they confronted her? It seems like if they stormed in as the door was closing that JD could have tried to barricade herself in her car or even possibly back up and flee.

Clearly JD had poor shot of escape if the two were inside the garage and JD closed the garage door thus effectively trapping herself with 2 people. The local cable channel had video of the garage doors and they didn't look damaged. In fact from the video the house looked as if nothing had happened.

My guess would be that if JD were inside her car and noticed the attack that she might have tried to back up into the closed doors to escape. But we don't see damage to the garage doors so this probably isn't what happened. I wonder if they waited for her to exit the car before attacking so she couldn't use the vehicle to escape?
This is a really good, thought-provoking post.
At least, it's gotten me thinking.

While I think it's likely that FD snuck in behind her vehicle as she was pulling into the garage, another possibility has occurred to me:

If he somehow snuck into either the garage before she arrived back from dropping the kids off at school, he may have waited INSIDE the home just inside the garage door, waiting to see her return, then waiting on the other side of the garage door for her to open it. He could have immediately attacked her there and kept the crime scene restricted to the garage. Speaking from my own personal practice, while I keep other doors/doorwalls locked, when it comes to the interior garage doors, I've almost never locked them, because the exterior garage door is locked. So if he got into the garage as she left, it's very possible he could have waited inside the home.

Not saying that's a likely scenario. Don't think Occam would be eying it with much interest. But it's possible.

JMO.

It's almost like they waited until he died to break the family apart. If the company was nothing but a shell when her father died, I'm guessing that her family knew beforehand that the suspect had financial troubles.

Her father died, he was cut off from the money, she moved out and he got angry.

"Court documents suggest Dulos’ business had been reduced to a shell since the 2017 death of his father-in-law who provided financial backing to projects."​

Jennifer Dulos’ estranged husband fails to make bail after years of business trouble

" ... Farmington home, where the family lived until Jennifer Farber Dulos moved to New Canaan with her children and filed for divorce in June 2017, sources said."​

Police: Blood-stained clothing of missing New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos found in Hartford trash cans, records show husband’s phone was in the area night she disappeared

This is a really good, thought-provoking post.
At least, it's gotten me thinking.

While I think it's likely that FD snuck in behind her vehicle as she was pulling into the garage, another possibility has occurred to me:

If he somehow snuck into either the garage before she arrived back from dropping the kids off at school, he may have waited INSIDE the home just inside the garage door, waiting to see her return, then waiting on the other side of the garage door for her to open it. He could have immediately attacked her there and kept the crime scene restricted to the garage. Speaking from my own personal practice, while I keep other doors/doorwalls locked, when it comes to the interior garage doors, I've almost never locked them, because the exterior garage door is locked. So if he got into the garage as she left, it's very possible he could have waited inside the home.

Not saying that's a likely scenario. Don't think Occam would be eying it with much interest. But it's possible.

JMO.

Some electric overhead garage doors can be triggered by pulling up the door a few times. It's possible that he arrived before she took the children to school and broke into the house through the garage as soon as she left, or that he was near the garage and ran in after she opened the overhead door. Either way, he was in her house in the morning and had cleaned up evidence of murder before the nanny arrived at noon.

1st post on this case. I can’t stop thinking about JD words in her paperwork. She told LE/Everyone that he is “ruthless and dangerous” when he feels that he has been wronged and that he has “sick fantasies” about harming people who may have done him wrong. (Including dropping a brick from an airplane onto someone’s house) He has been ”stewing” for several years now. I’m sure that most recently he was losing ground (being “wronged”) in the custody case/financial support. A judge also called him a “liar” because he willingly ignored court orders. I’m not sure why it took so long for an arrest or for LE to look at his whereabouts/phone pinging that day and begin searching the area of the pinging right away...... You all are doing a fantastic job, great sleuthing!

Before June 2017
  • suspect invites co-suspect to move into matrimonial home
June 2017
  • 50 year old wife leaves matrimonial home with 5 children aged 8 - 13, including twins
  • wife moves 1.5 hours away
  • initiates divorce proceedings
July 2017
  • law suit with Nigerian company, ruled in suspect's favor
  • suspect chose to negotiate a settlement rather than face an appeal
  • suspect facing serious financial problems with Fore Group
When in 2017? I'm assuming before June.
  • father-in-law dies, financial backing stops
  • mother-in-law files on behalf of estate for repayment of 1.5 - 2.5M
  • suspect claims a portion of the money is matrimonial gift

Last edited:

I live in a good neighborhood and I still use the remote to open and close my garage. I also lock my vehicle before opening the garage door to leave. I guess that is part of being a fearful, paranoid female. I suspect Jennifer might have had a little of that going on as well.
Even if she used the remote to both open and close the door, he still could have gotten in, waited for Jennifer to exit the vehicle, and caught her by surprise. So...I am pretty sure that is how he gained access either way.

I don't think she would knowingly live in a home with her kids if she thought for a second he could access the home at any time. He totally blindsided her/caught her off guard.

1st post on this case. I can’t stop thinking about JD words in her paperwork. She told LE/Everyone that he is “ruthless and dangerous” when he feels that he has been wronged and that he has “sick fantasies” about harming people who may have done him wrong. (Including dropping a brick from an airplane onto someone’s house) He has been ”stewing” for several years now. I’m sure that most recently he was losing ground (being “wronged”) in the custody case/financial support. A judge also called him a “liar” because he willingly ignored court orders. I’m not sure why it took so long for an arrest or for LE to look at his whereabouts/phone pinging that day and begin searching the area of the pinging right away...... You all are doing a fantastic job, great sleuthing!
Welcome!

I think it probably took so long for LE to search the area of the phone activity (evidence dumping locations), because they didn’t have probable cause right away (to get his phone data).

They need a legal justification for seeking someone’s cell phone records, and then it takes a period of time for the phone company to produce them.

Once law enforcement had that, they were able to track his movements in the hours following the murder.

I live in a good neighborhood and I still use the remote to open and close my garage. I also lock my vehicle before opening the garage door to leave. I guess that is part of being a fearful, paranoid female. I suspect Jennifer might have had a little of that going on as well.
Even if she used the remote to both open and close the door, he still could have gotten in, waited for Jennifer to exit the vehicle, and caught her by surprise. So...I am pretty sure that is how he gained access either way.

I don't think she would knowingly live in a home with her kids if she thought for a second he could access the home at any time. He totally blindsided her/caught her off guard.

He did catch her off guard. Is that because she neglected to lock the car doors, she left the garage door open until she entered the house, or she didn't see him?

I think she saw him as a good catch, a playboy water skier with millions to toss around, saddled with an old wife and 5 children - an easy mark. If he ever cared about his wife, he would never have invited his girlfriend to live with his family.

From her perspective, I think she expected that she could move into his wife's house and take control. When that didn't work, I'm pretty sure they worked together to figure out how to take control of the money. I think he used the children to harm their mother, and that the suspect would abandon his children as fast as he abandoned his wife after he controlled the family finances.

He did catch her off guard. Is that because she neglected to lock the car doors, she left the garage door open until she entered the house, or she didn't see him?
Could JD habit have been to leave the G door open when leaving for a short period of time? MANY people do this.... They run the kids to school, return and the door leading into home is locked (assuming) but the G Door is up. I see this ALL of the time. My neighbors close it once they return... He may have known this habit. Easy to go in and hide behind something until she returned...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum