Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He did catch her off guard. Is that because she neglected to lock the car doors, she left the garage door open until she entered the house, or she didn't see him?

The way this is stated makes it sound like JD did something wrong. She didn’t neglect to lock her doors; most newer cars unlock the door automatically when the car is put into park. My last two cars, a 2006 and a 2011 both do/did this. Besides she would have had to unlock it to get out eventually and then she is vulnerable.

Most of us do not close the garage from inside the car. Cannot fault her there. Even if she wasn’t paying attention or wasn’t aware of her surroundings, that isn’t her fault. I’m sure everyone has sat in their parked car to check their phone for a minute or two before getting out. I do this regularly.

Whether she didn’t lock the doors, didn’t close the door right away, or didn’t see him because she wasn’t looking for him, she had the reasonable expectation of being safe in her own garage. In fact, all of these give me the sense that she did feel safe in her home.

This is what I do too. I’m still a page or two behind but with my current house both garage doors open at the same time. My last house had one big door on the two car garage. Her garage was big. I wonder if the doors were separate or if part had one big door. There was another car in the garage. So if it was one big door or separate ones that opened at the same time, he may not have even had to sneak in quickly. Once she was pulling in, he could just have just his on the side of the other car or whatever. He wouldn’t have had to creep in right behind her. I think sneaking in would have been super easy.

Separate doors for each bay

This screenshot is taken from Google Earth, apparently when the house was still under construction.

It’s pretty apparent to me that any vehicle that wasn’t supposed to be there, would be noticed.
Hope this works

At the 54 min mark he shows the drive curving towards the garage - I think s vehicle may park there and be unseen from the road possibly - looking forward to the video I’m hoping they get from the locals

Last edited:
Yes, some doors are very slow. But thinking of the garage doors gets me back to wondering about the security. On our system one of the reports generated is status of windows and doors. I wonder if her system was activated and so would have recorded garage door movement? Even if FD had the code from one of the children the report would still record the door being opened.

Do most people here think that FD and possibly MT were inside the garage when JD returned home from school drop? Or, is the general view that FD and possibly MT waited outside for the garage door to open and followed JD inside?

I'm trying to picture both of the scenarios and how JD could have responded. Both scenarios are frightening but I'm now wondering if FD/MT were inside garage and waited for JD to exit the car when they confronted her? It seems like if they stormed in as the door was closing that JD could have tried to barricade herself in her car or even possibly back up and flee.

Clearly JD had poor shot of escape if the two were inside the garage and JD closed the garage door thus effectively trapping herself with 2 people. The local cable channel had video of the garage doors and they didn't look damaged. In fact from the video the house looked as if nothing had happened.

My guess would be that if JD were inside her car and noticed the attack that she might have tried to back up into the closed doors to escape. But we don't see damage to the garage doors so this probably isn't what happened. I wonder if they waited for her to exit the car before attacking so she couldn't use the vehicle to escape?

Thinking about this is giving me goosebumps. It's just chilling...

Maybe she reached down to pick up the cigarette butt so as not to leave DNA. I think they were operating at that level of stupidity and panic.

Oooh! Or she reached down to put the cigarette out on the ground (vs throwing a lit one out the window).

Rarely does a garage only have access through the garage doors themselves. There is commonly a regular door to the outside to the back of the house for easier access for rakes etc. He could easily have broken a window pane, gotten in and been waiting and she would not have noticed the broken glass especially if he had removed the whole pane. He could have hidden behind the other car and when the garage door went down, she was trapped.

Is this regional? None of the houses I have lived in had a garage door to the outside. I sure wish it did as that would be easier than not having one. But then again, the ease of breaking in like you mentioned... :-/

But I agree the other car gave him ample space to hide! How sad for JD. She must have been terrified!

Please let today be the day that they find her. For all of their bumbling moves, they still have been successful in one aspect--placing her body where no one can find it. :(

Also, question for the locals--are gated communities common in Connecticut? For all of the wealth, most maps seem to show houses are fairly accessible and private, which I would think would contribute to crime.

Separate doors for each bay

I wonder if all 3 open with the push of one button? Mine have their own openers but they are set on the same frequency so that I don’t have to keep track of openers and which goes with each door. Whenever we park in the driveway I take the openers inside the house so this way nobody can break in and open the garage. If hers all open at the same time, he would have had no trouble getting in, whereas if just the one she was entering opened he would need to sneak in behind her and risk being seen.

Is this regional? None of the houses I have lived in had a garage door to the outside. I sure wish it did as that would be easier than not having one. But then again, the ease of breaking in like you mentioned... :-/

But I agree the other car gave him ample space to hide! How sad for JD. She must have been terrified!
All the houses I’ve lived in have had a separate door to the outside - Midwest and South

My garage does. It goes out to the bottom portion of the deck. It is really convenient for taking things in and out of the garage. And it has windows.

• Authorities looked through a trash plant in Connecticut for bone fragments of Jennifer Farber Dulos Monday and Tuesday
  • Mother has been missing since May 24 and cops believe she has been harmed
  • Eight German Shepherd cadaver dogs were sifting through trash from Hartford
  • They used machinery to help go through enough to cover half a football field
  • It was after some trash was found with the missing woman's blood
  • Her estranged husband, Fotis Dulos, 51 and his girlfriend, Michelle Troconis, 44 were not cooperating with cops and were arraigned Monday
  • Troconis was out on $500,000 bail while Fotis Dulos stayed behind bars
  • Gloria Farber filed for custody of her five children under 13 years old on Monday
A garbage hunt of materials that had been cut down to 6 inches or smaller and piled up 20 feet high, covering an indoor area equivalent to half a football field at the Materials Innovation and Recycling Authority's trash-to-energy plant on Maxim Road in South Meadows.
[...]
MIRA President Thomas Kirk said authorities contacted them Friday and were told where the two trucks that may have picked up bins in that area were located on the grounds.

Police closed the incinerator overnight to look for bone fragments, Hartford Courant reported.

Much of the trash that came in from there was already emptied nine days after the mother was reported missing. However authorities were able to look through trash that had not yet been doused in chemicals to help it disintegrate and burn.
Cops search trash plant in search for missing mother as neighbors asked for surveillance footage | Daily Mail Online

Me, too.

I think he bum-rushed her as soon as she pulled into the garage.

Probably went for her car door right away and drug her out of the vehicle before she could realize what was happening. Her car would have had automatic locks, though, at least that's what I'm assuming.

My question about this scenario, though: Would or wouldn't she have had time to hit the locks on the car door?

JMO.

RBBM, We don't know if he could have also had a key fob to her vehicle and unlocked it from the outside, several times even.

As far as the nanny and grandmother go, I am guessing that JD had mentioned to the nanny at least some of what she was going through as far as custody...I mean, the nanny would have needed to know that the kids were not to be with STBX without supervision. When neither she nor JD's mom could get in touch with JD (and she had missed appointments) they knew something foul had happened. It seems like simple common sense. Thank goodness they acted on their instinct to protect the children.

In the affidavit for his arrest it says that he had his phone seized within about 20 hours of her being reported missing, so on 5/25/2019. That was the ticket to unlocking his route and discovering footage that showed him stashing bloody stuff. But getting all the phone data takes some time. Then using the pings to find camera footage takes more time. Then they had to test to make sure it was her blood on the items he has in his possession on film.

They needed all of those things to happen before he could be arrested, because there was no probable cause arrest him. They needed to wait until they had actual evidence and not just a gut feeling. I feel like they actually moved pretty quickly in this case!
Thank you for this. Well said and now I understand!

Rarely does a garage only have access through the garage doors themselves. There is commonly a regular door to the outside to the back of the house for easier access for rakes etc. He could easily have broken a window pane, gotten in and been waiting and she would not have noticed the broken glass especially if he had removed the whole pane. He could have hidden behind the other car and when the garage door went down, she was trapped.

This garage has two windows. no door.

Thank you for this. Well said and now I understand!

It is SO frustrating to sit and wait for an arrest when the writing is on the wall and it is so obvious like this case. If WE get antsy and can’t wait for the arrest(s), I can only imagine how all of the LE, rescuers, family, etc. must feel. I’m definitely too impatient for that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum