Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Athletes typically don't like smokers, so if he tolerated her smoking, I'm thinking he viewed her as a wild and crazy secret life that he liked.
Or she does what she wants to do.. she looks like that to me. She was trying to gain from the $ also. But look who posted bail, and who did not. It seems she has more $, or at least people who love her enough to get her out. If he committed murder alone and she helped after the fact, I’m sure she will plea bargain and sing like a canary. She is a mother of a young girl. She doesn’t want to be locked up forever...

Last edited:
Yes, some doors are very slow. But thinking of the garage doors gets me back to wondering about the security. On our system one of the reports generated is status of windows and doors. I wonder if her system was activated and so would have recorded garage door movement? Even if FD had the code from one of the children the report would still record the door being opened.

Do most people here think that FD and possibly MT were inside the garage when JD returned home from school drop? Or, is the general view that FD and possibly MT waited outside for the garage door to open and followed JD inside?

I'm trying to picture both of the scenarios and how JD could have responded. Both scenarios are frightening but I'm now wondering if FD/MT were inside garage and waited for JD to exit the car when they confronted her? It seems like if they stormed in as the door was closing that JD could have tried to barricade herself in her car or even possibly back up and flee.

Clearly JD had poor shot of escape if the two were inside the garage and JD closed the garage door thus effectively trapping herself with 2 people. The local cable channel had video of the garage doors and they didn't look damaged. In fact from the video the house looked as if nothing had happened.

My guess would be that if JD were inside her car and noticed the attack that she might have tried to back up into the closed doors to escape. But we don't see damage to the garage doors so this probably isn't what happened. I wonder if they waited for her to exit the car before attacking so she couldn't use the vehicle to escape?

I’ve been wondering this, too. I can see it both ways, but if they dashed in before she arrived, they could be sure nobody else saw them. I have no idea how likely it would be that anyone would see it anyway. It just creeps me out to no end.

I’m glad he sucks at hiding evidence/his whereabouts. If he was better at being diabolical, this could have never been solved.

Could JD habit have been to leave the G door open when leaving for a short period of time? MANY people do this.... They run the kids to school, return and the door leading into home is locked (assuming) but the G Door is up. I see this ALL of the time. My neighbors close it once they return... He may have known this habit. Easy to go in and hide behind something until she returned...
It is possible, but after all that emotional abuse and threats from him, she had finally gotten up the nerve to file for divorce. She knew that would enrage him and put her harms way. Not to mention 2 years of battling with him in court, I seriously doubt that she'd just leave the garage door open, no matter how short the trip.

Or she does what she wants to do.. she looks like that to me. She was trying to gain from the $ also. But look who posted bail, and who did not. It seems she has more $, or at least people who love her enough to get her out. If he committed murder alone and she helped after the fact, I’m sure she will plea bargain and sing like a canary. She is a mother of a young girl. She doesn’t want to be locked up forever...

I could have sworn that the gf has $. Idk just how wealthy she is, but I saw her jet-setting lifestyle before him. Most of it was related to work, but she even worked big money jobs overseas. It’s too early in the morn for me to be coordinated enough to dig that info out. Ugh.:confused:

Jennifer lived a horrible, fearful life with him. This article says that for 13 years he threatened to take the children away from her/move to a ski resort where everyone wears masks and they are indistinguishable.... could you imagine the constant nightmare of that thought as a parent??
Mother of missing Connecticut woman Jennifer Dulos files for custody of grandchildren

She was a very strong woman to have survived that long. Controlling spouses will break you like a dog, then train you to do as they say. Complete control. Thing is, who can accurately predict another person 100% of the time? So, of course, controlling spouse gets angry because you ‘mess up’ or don’t agree with them. I can only imagine what she lived through with him. Once they had a child, I’d say he assumed she’d never leave, at least until the youngest was out of school for good. And their poor kids!!! His controlling behavior would include them, too. I’m sure they could never do anything to his impossible standards. Fear is an effective control tactic most of the time. He’d have used that on the whole family. He’d have used that on the gf, too. All about keeping control. That’s what I’m hoping will push her to roll over on him and tell everything she knows. He’s likely never getting out of jail, ESPECIALLY if JD is found. So, let’s hope the gf leads them directly to where JD is. All JMO.

Other links have her getting out of the vehicle and picking up or putting down something. My impression is that she did more than smoke. Perhaps the first identification of her was that she was smoking, but I think there's more to it.
Maybe she reached down to pick up the cigarette butt so as not to leave DNA. I think they were operating at that level of stupidity and panic.

Before June 2017
  • suspect invites co-suspect to move into matrimonial home
June 2017
  • 50 year old wife leaves matrimonial home with 5 children aged 8 - 13, including twins
  • wife moves 1.5 hours away
  • initiates divorce proceedings
July 2017
  • law suit with Nigerian company, ruled in suspect's favor
  • suspect chose to negotiate a settlement rather than face an appeal
  • suspect facing serious financial problems with Fore Group
When in 2017? I'm assuming before June.
  • father-in-law dies, financial backing stops
  • mother-in-law files on behalf of estate for repayment of 1.5 - 2.5M
  • suspect claims a portion of the money is matrimonial gift
He died in January 2017 - her mom filed on behalf of his estate- link to court records is in the media thread
http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=13921182

Attachments

• A25E69A0-D3B2-40B1-BA66-82F06C1038E4.jpeg
    A25E69A0-D3B2-40B1-BA66-82F06C1038E4.jpeg
    83.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Promo25The search for a missing mom continues at a trash plant today. Meanwhile, the 85 year-old mother of Jennifer Dulos is filing for custody of the 5 children. The mom's estranged husband (below) is behind bars and his girlfriend (right) has an ankle monitor.
@WTNH

In my years of garage door opening/closing experience, I usually use the remote to open the door, and use a button on the wall to close it.

If Jennifer did the same, he could have waited for her to exit her vehicle, and caught her by surprise.

This is what I do too. I’m still a page or two behind but with my current house both garage doors open at the same time. My last house had one big door on the two car garage. Her garage was big. I wonder if the doors were separate or if part had one big door. There was another car in the garage. So if it was one big door or separate ones that opened at the same time, he may not have even had to sneak in quickly. Once she was pulling in, he could just have just his on the side of the other car or whatever. He wouldn’t have had to creep in right behind her. I think sneaking in would have been super easy.

yeah they just murdered someone but she's concerned about polluting the truck with second-hand smoke

The irony of this is hysterical to me. She probably is not allowed to smoke in the vehicle but insisted due to the stress of the day and FD told her to do it out the window! This is my theory and MOO but considering the ridiculousness of these two probably not too far fetched.

1st post on this case. I can’t stop thinking about JD words in her paperwork. She told LE/Everyone that he is “ruthless and dangerous” when he feels that he has been wronged and that he has “sick fantasies” about harming people who may have done him wrong. (Including dropping a brick from an airplane onto someone’s house) He has been ”stewing” for several years now. I’m sure that most recently he was losing ground (being “wronged”) in the custody case/financial support. A judge also called him a “liar” because he willingly ignored court orders. I’m not sure why it took so long for an arrest or for LE to look at his whereabouts/phone pinging that day and begin searching the area of the pinging right away...... You all are doing a fantastic job, great sleuthing!

In the affidavit for his arrest it says that he had his phone seized within about 20 hours of her being reported missing, so on 5/25/2019. That was the ticket to unlocking his route and discovering footage that showed him stashing bloody stuff. But getting all the phone data takes some time. Then using the pings to find camera footage takes more time. Then they had to test to make sure it was her blood on the items he has in his possession on film.

They needed all of those things to happen before he could be arrested, because there was no probable cause arrest him. They needed to wait until they had actual evidence and not just a gut feeling. I feel like they actually moved pretty quickly in this case!

This is what I do too. I’m still a page or two behind but with my current house both garage doors open at the same time. My last house had one big door on the two car garage. Her garage was big. I wonder if the doors were separate or if part had one big door. There was another car in the garage. So if it was one big door or separate ones that opened at the same time, he may not have even had to sneak in quickly. Once she was pulling in, he could just have just his on the side of the other car or whatever. He wouldn’t have had to creep in right behind her. I think sneaking in would have been super easy.
Rarely does a garage only have access through the garage doors themselves. There is commonly a regular door to the outside to the back of the house for easier access for rakes etc. He could easily have broken a window pane, gotten in and been waiting and she would not have noticed the broken glass especially if he had removed the whole pane. He could have hidden behind the other car and when the garage door went down, she was trapped.

I wonder if any of our great map Sleuthers can put a map together showing the phone pings with times. From the warrant. TIA if someone can.
Here are the pings and the two properties

Attachments

• EDB90974-B611-4E7D-9CD4-EF004D178E3D.jpeg
    EDB90974-B611-4E7D-9CD4-EF004D178E3D.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 453783CF-FE6A-42B5-A402-1CE781BA60A5.jpeg
    453783CF-FE6A-42B5-A402-1CE781BA60A5.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 30
JD’s mom , as a former poster pointed out with a thank you , is amazing. She is 85 and petitioning for custody out of love and necessity, what a woman, mom, grandmother, gives great meaning to “ puttin your big girl pants on”. She will use her resources to take the very best care of the kids after this murderous tragedy, after all -her put in place -body guards might have thwarted other plans that FD possibly concocted, I think it’s fair to say that psychopaths, if that is what he is, will stop at nothing to win, nothing! Sending her good juju as she focuses on them with a heart that’s surely broken. Hope they find JD soon. Hope FD remains behind bars away from those kids.

Last edited:
Before June 2017
  • suspect invites co-suspect to move into matrimonial home
June 2017
  • 50 year old wife leaves matrimonial home with 5 children aged 8 - 13, including twins
  • wife moves 1.5 hours away
  • initiates divorce proceedings
July 2017
  • law suit with Nigerian company, ruled in suspect's favor
  • suspect chose to negotiate a settlement rather than face an appeal
  • suspect facing serious financial problems with Fore Group
When in 2017? I'm assuming before June.
  • father-in-law dies, financial backing stops
  • mother-in-law files on behalf of estate for repayment of 1.5 - 2.5M
  • suspect claims a portion of the money is matrimonial gift
This may not make any difference in the big picture, but I think she was 48 at the time she moved out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member