Silver Alert CT- Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 #9 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with the “sources” and the Hartford Courant lately? They seem to be the ones with the MT scoop and LE scoop even though LE has barely made any official statements regarding the location of searches and any evidence found yet the Courant seems to be having all this “inside” information.
I've become a bit suspicious of Hartford Courant recently as initially it seemed that the sources were from LE but then when their 'scoops' seemed to mirror NP patter then I started to question the quality of their intel. I think LE is doing a good job keeping a lid on things. I just wish Hartford Courant and other local press would step up the investigative journalism here as there is so much that is not yet known about the major players. The reporting on MT for instance has been surface at best and much of it focused on the illegal activities of her mother.

Also since much has been posted though not corroborated about possible drug use by either/or FD and MT: when you are out on bond do they test you for drugs? Like initially when you report in do they test you for a baseline to see if any drugs are even in your system? I admit I do not know. Are you allowed to consume alcohol while you are out on bond?

I have no opinion on whether or not MT or FD use illegal drugs. I just don’t but I do know other posters do so I was curious as to whether or not they were tested per conditions of their bond.
I read that in CT abstaining from drug and/or alcohol use while out on bond is one of a list of options a judge dictates.

New Canaan residents signing petition for cameras to be put up at Waveny Park. So far 1700 plus signatures. Sorry if this has already been discussed and posted. I will delete if so.

"Okay look, we’ve had a few break ins there. We’ve had a woman harassed on Halloween but now we’ve had a woman who has disappeared and her car was abandoned right outside the park and I think we can all only imagine what might have been caught had there been a camera," said Ormond of New Canaan.

New Canaan resident pitches idea of installing cameras at Waveny Park at town council meeting

New Canaan property transfers May 15 to May 19 abundant

New Canaan Tax Records

This seems odd. The property Fore Group sold in New Canaan in May 2017 is listed in the Tax Records as a $5.2M sale (this is a central property in the GF civil case where FD didn’t pay HF back) but the NC paper from June of 2017 reported it to be $800K. It’s a ~$5M house, the $800K is definitely not the price paid IMO, I say that with certitude as a local. I wonder how the deal was structured that led the paper to report it as $800K.
Oh the plot thickens....could FORE have taken back a note on the sale for the difference and then just be getting payments over time?

New Canaan residents signing petition for cameras to be put up at Waveny Park. So far 1700 plus signatures. Sorry if this has already been discussed and posted. I will delete if so.

"Okay look, we’ve had a few break ins there. We’ve had a woman harassed on Halloween but now we’ve had a woman who has disappeared and her car was abandoned right outside the park and I think we can all only imagine what might have been caught had there been a camera," said Ormond of New Canaan.

New Canaan resident pitches idea of installing cameras at Waveny Park at town council meeting
Glad you posted article here. Good to see people stepping up and signing petition but the underlying view in town and on town council is that cameras represent an invasion of privacy etc. If the petition just gets a few cameras up in town I think its a huge step forward but I won't be holding my breath (will just install more cameras where I can to cover some street traffic). Sorry to be cynical though but I've seen zero commitment from town council to issues of security except around schools.

With 5 children I cannot imagine no bikes - good sleuthing
I am with you on children having bikes but I wonder where they would have ridden them in that neighborhood? Possibly on her road as its a cul de sac but beyond that would be very narrow and dangerous roads. Some parents take children and bikes to parks (Irwin/Waveny/Mead or local schools to ride) as country roads are dangerous and narrow. Children that live downtown and close to school sometimes ride bikes to school but most seem to walk. There are only sidewalks in the downtown area and where JD lives is backcountry roads with no shoulder. That's not to say adults don't ride the country roads but when you run into them its scary as in some places there is no room to go around them to pass.

Oh the plot thickens....could FORE have taken back a note on the sale for the difference and then just be getting payments over time?

Wow! Financial stuff is not my forte but this is very interesting. I hate to ask but can you explain this to me as if math/accounting were a foreign concept to me. I apologize in advance but in addition to being an absolute imbecile with maps (I am one of those individuals you might see in a galleria/mall staring at the map and contemplating the “you are here” dot and trying to figure out if I’m headed in the correct direction to find Macy’s lol) accounting matters other than (keeping myself on a budget etc and basic stuff we all need to know to survive mathwise) are definitely not in my wheelhouse. It would be a square wheel if so.

I think FORE Group didn’t pay off their mortgage before selling it to the new owners. That’s why they just paid 800k to Fore Group. Before you finish paying off the house, the deed is still in your name meaning the deed was in Fore Group’s name. Then the rest of the payment would be mortgages or paid to the lender of the Fore Group whom they bought the 183 Hemlock Rd property from in April 2015 for $1,650,000

How close is the house on Sturbridge Hill Road (where the banging was heard the next morning) to JD's house in NC? I think that house is involved in his scheme.
I agree with you that Sturbridge is somehow part of the mix but its unclear exactly how IMO. Here is map between the 2 properties (little over 3 miles). Originally some theories were put forward that FD spent the night before the JD missing date at Sturbridge house. But NP seems intent on blowing this theory up with the FD morning phone call parade! Google Maps

Wow! Financial stuff is not my forte but this is very interesting. I hate to ask but can you explain this to me as if math/accounting were a foreign concept to me. I apologize in advance but in addition to being an absolute imbecile with maps (I am one of those individuals you might see in a galleria/mall staring at the map and contemplating the “you are here” dot and trying to figure out if I’m headed in the correct direction to find Macy’s lol) accounting matters other than (keeping myself on a budget etc and basic stuff we all need to know to survive mathwise) are definitely not in my wheelhouse. It would be a square wheel if so.
I will investigate this $800M sale price tomorrow as it seems strange to me given the value of the house.

I'll explain what I originally meant by taking back a note on the sale. But, even if a note is taken back on the sale the total sale price would have to be reported to the town and this is why I'm baffled by the $800M reported (possible reporting error by paper?). IDK but I will check it out and report back if I figure anything out.

e.g., Say you want to buy a house for $1MM but can't get a mortgage or didn't have all the cash except for a downpayment amout of $100,000. You would give your downpayment (say $100,000) to the seller and the seller would loan you the remaining $900,000 to purchase the property. Seller is acting just like a bank in this example and most likely would take a mortgage on the property to secure its interest in case you didn't pay back what is owed.

So, each month instead of paying your mortgage payment to the bank you just send your money (principal and interest or maybe just interest with principal to be repaid in the very distant future!) to FORE Group. There are various different ways to play this game with repayment as you can play with interest rate charged and the total term of repayment.

My point in bringing this up is that it could have been possible to make this all look like very little income was being received by FORE Group as they could have structured the note with a very large payment in the future (balloon payment 5-10 years from now and long after divorce was complete) and low interest being paid each month. If some very deferred payment plan was agreed upon for this property I could see where JD would be understandably angry given that FD was simultaneously pleading poverty in Family Court. Hope this helps explain it a bit. There are lots of way to structure a sale and we don't know exactly what he did here on this property.

I agree with you that Sturbridge is somehow part of the mix but its unclear exactly how IMO. Here is map between the 2 properties (little over 3 miles). Originally some theories were put forward that FD spent the night before the JD missing date at Sturbridge house. But NP seems intent on blowing this theory up with the FD morning phone call parade! Google Maps

Definitely. Especially if in addition to the Greece phone call, the “attorney” meeting (wondering if it was one of the two attorneys that dropped FD Tuesday with one citing age and change of practice and the other citing a breakdown between attorney and client as their reasons—representing him in the suit vs father-in-laws estate) could also have been a phone call. Because call forwarding services and all that Jazz. I’m fairly certain we’ve got 4 1/2 hours to play with—NP even said as much (in fact using that exact amount of “unaccounted for” time).

Now if it was one of those two attorneys or possible yet another former attorney Riccio while they could not talk about the subject matter of said meeting could they be compelled by a court if necessary OR freely be able to admit they had an appointment with FD at such and such time and how long the meeting was? I know this has likely been covered so I am apologizing in advance for rehashing if so.

I'm behind on following but the last article I read suggested that the account was closed without explanation but if IRCC $1000 had already been collected. Will anyone be following up on that?
Excellent question. NCPD is you are following along here can you ask HPD to figure this situation out as we are concerned!

I will investigate this $800M sale price tomorrow as it seems strange to me given the value of the house.

I'll explain what I originally meant by taking back a note on the sale. But, even if a note is taken back on the sale the total sale price would have to be reported to the town and this is why I'm baffled by the $800M reported (possible reporting error by paper?). IDK but I will check it out and report back if I figure anything out.

e.g., Say you want to buy a house for $1MM but can't get a mortgage or didn't have all the cash except for a downpayment amout of $100,000. You would give your downpayment (say $100,000) to the seller and the seller would loan you the remaining $900,000 to purchase the property. Seller is acting just like a bank in this example and most likely would take a mortgage on the property to secure its interest in case you didn't pay back what is owed.

So, each month instead of paying your mortgage payment to the bank you just send your money (principal and interest or maybe just interest with principal to be repaid in the very distant future!) to FORE Group. There are various different ways to play this game with repayment as you can play with interest rate charged and the total term of repayment.

My point in bringing this up is that it could have been possible to make this all look like very little income was being received by FORE Group as they could have structured the note with a very large payment in the future (balloon payment 5-10 years from now and long after divorce was complete) and low interest being paid each month. If some very deferred payment plan was agreed upon for this property I could see where JD would be understandably angry given that FD was simultaneously pleading poverty in Family Court. Hope this helps explain it a bit. There are lots of way to structure a sale and we don't know exactly what he did here on this property.

TY! I understand it now. Also thanks @kimch33kim

I think FORE Group didn’t pay off their mortgage before selling it to the new owners. That’s why they just paid 800k to Fore Group. Before you finish paying off the house, the deed is still in your name meaning the deed was in Fore Group’s name. Then the rest of the payment would be mortgages or paid to the lender of the Fore Group whom they bought the 183 Hemlock Rd property from in April 2015 for $1,650,000
Yes, but in this scenario the purchase price paid ($5.2 million) is clearly greater than $800,000 that was reported in the paper. Even when sale proceeds are used to pay off prior mortgages at closing the entire purchase price including any such mortgage payments are reported to the town. Maybe the paper got the info wrong?

I read that in CT abstaining from drug and/or alcohol use while out on bond is one of a list of options a judge dictates.

I thought about this a bit tonight and it occurred to me that LE might just love for FD and MT to get a little drunk/a little high and let the chips fall where they may!

I feel pretty sure they had a hefty dose of something along with adrenaline as the crime was "cleaned up" (using the term loosely, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charley04