Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, like several others here, that the announcement of the t shirt being found is a message to MT-and this also says to me that she hasn’t fully cooperated, because otherwise, they wouldn’t need to do this. They could have waited until murder charges are filed. I do think the good guys are speaking directly to MT and her attorney. They know she has information which would put FD away, but she hasn’t given it up yet. They are telling her “we might not need you, and if you don’t hurry up and give us what we need, you’re going down with him”. IMOO, she has at least spoken to FD or his lawyer by phone, regardless of the court order.
This was totally lost on me! I was figuring it was meant for Fotis. What makes you think it is directed to her?

The shirt police believe Jennifer Farber Dulos was wearing the day she disappeared was found stained with her blood in a Hartford trash can
The items found in a garbage bin on Albany Avenue in Hartford as part of the investigation into the disappearance of New Canaan mother Jennifer Dulos included a Vineyard Vines T-shirt stained with her blood that police believe she was wearing the morning she disappeared.

Police also discovered a bra that they believe is hers as well as two mops and some sponges with small amounts of blood on them, according to law enforcement sources.
Wow! This is a major piece of evidence. It directly puts FD in possession of the clothing JD was wearing when she was murdered. The noose begins to tighten.

I wrote somewhere above that I think it does indicate dismemberment, etc. I don’t want to be graphic or gross but Jennifer had long hair and from my own experience, stray hairs often fall out and sometimes end up, let’s say, under my shirt. And wouldn’t skin cells be on a bra? Blood wouldn’t be enough here on DNA? I’m not arguing; I’m wondering. MOO.

I’m also just thinking that if JD was like others I know, she wore her favorite clothes more than once and someone may have a photo of her in the shirt. Even someone at the school in those random shots people take at kid events like parties and field day. Since she was going to two appointments, maybe it was dressier or not—, and maybe she bought it online or using a debit or credit card. Forgive me for not knowing what stores are around and for thinking she might be busy with five kids and shop online. Just random thoughts. MOO.
Vineyard Vines has a retail shop on Elm Street in downtown NC....

Connecticut Post (@connpost) on Twitter
Attorney Norm Pattis has called the report that a blood-stained T-shirt police believe Jennifer Dulos was wearing the day she disappeared was found in the area her estranged husband was seen ditching trash “desperate speculation.”[/QUOT
I wonder too if the mop heads would have identifying numbers on them which could be traced to a lot number and, therefore a store.

The housekeeper should recognize mops from the house.
Same with those contractor bags-someone can tie those bags to FD. IMO they have already been traced to the point of purchase. Even if FD did not purchase them himself, someone surely did. Another powerful piece of evidence on the way to a conviction.

This disclose must surely have hit FD and his counsel like a mack truck!

What's funny is that the lack of gag makes it possible for us to have some info to discuss here, so it would hinder sleuthing absolutely. But I've followed cases with a gag in place and its doable.

But the reason I support the gag here is that I do believe in the role of strong defense representation for the accused. In this case though I believe that the Pattis Patter is actually hurting FD so in a way the gag might protect FD from the antics of his atty and focus Pattis on the task of defending his client in court and not out of court. This is clearing MOO and could be debated endlessly.

I'm not sure trying cases in public does much for justice but this can be debated endlessly I suppose.

So, heads you win and tails I lose or visa versa!
MOO

Absolutely agree!

This topic was discussed in the media during the earlier stages of the amorphous explanations and defenses served by NP. I believe in a strong defense, but some of NP's comments have been nonsense.

Both the Stamford Advocate and Register Citizen have featured longer articles about this type of defense with quotations by a New Canaan attorney named Matthew Maddox and Westport attorney Elliot Warren. Being in CA, I know nothing of Maddox's or Warren's reputation or credibility, but the comments explore some of the positives and negatives of this vigorous defense. The articles will be linked at the end of this post.

On the one hand, from an article:

“He’s (NP) floating theories out there and he’s making comments on evidence and he knows the government can’t respond,” Westport attorney Elliot Warren said. “That’s his style. He’ll be broadcasting his client’s innocence right up until the last minute.”

But New Canaan Attorney Matthew Maddox pointed out that Pattis is simply pulling together a vigorous defense, which nowadays, includes playing directly to social media rather than letting the court record speak for itself.

“It’s nearly 2020,” Maddox said. “I think some attorneys understand that there is no real distinction any longer between traditional reporting and what’s happening on social media. Everything is happening simultaneously. We now live in a social media-commandeered environment.”

By releasing certain case facts, Pattis is spinning the narrative on how his client should be perceived by the public — who one day could be potential jurors or potential clients, attorneys said.

“He’s a fairly skilled lawyer, but he’s got an agenda,” Warren said. “He’s playing to the next person who is charged.”

He’s also playing to the jury and the public, Maddox said.

“The penalty our clients suffer from in their reputations in the media coverage is far worse than the criminal penalties,” Maddox said. “Norm has a very good grasp of this. There is an urgency to provide context and color to the media and the blogosphere. It’s a type of advocacy for your client. Norm thrives in this type of circumstance. He also has a command of the rules and procedures of the court and of the law.”

On the other hand he mentions:

But being a zealous advocate does not mean being an irrational advocate. There is a balance between the two. I believe that truly dedicated and competent lawyers are required to be the narrators of our client’s story, but you better be sure your narrative is consistent and it can be substantiated. Not just in the immediate sense, but when you go before a jury, because jurors remember,” said Maddox, who is not involved in the Dulos case. “You have to be very careful about what you put out there and theorizing about a missing mother who has mimicked a piece of fiction and has abandoned her children to live some other life is ultimately not something that is going to favor your client.”

IMO, the posts found on social media are often emotional responses to an event, comment, etc. The message length is not sufficient to lend serious reflection to most serious topics, therefore the overall effect is a feeling. I'm not sure that the world is a better place with mass sharing of feelings...that initial response is often misinterpretation, division, and misunderstanding.

I'm rather hoping for a gag order to spare GF and the children further details as long as possible and to prevent further damaging comments about JD that will forever haunt them. I can't fathom learning of a child's death while caring and protecting her children. AND, in all honesty, it would be better for FD's reputation and defense, if all media had less to discuss until a trial.

Articles from which quotes were taken:
Jennifer Dulos case: Flamboyant ‘high-wire act’ the norm for Pattis
Jennifer Dulos case: Norm Pattis tells author to ‘be gone, girl’

I have no idea what kind of store it is but sounds good to me!
This is not a paid advert...just wanted you to know what kind of stuff that is sold there...company was started by 2 locals many years ago and its casual and dress clothing for a certain group of people from childrens to adult. Its moderately expensive but is popular with children and some teens and the blazers and ties are seen on males of all ages.

They have a very cute logo of a whale with a smirking smile and they hand out stickers in the store and people place the stickers on cars and on notebooks/backpacks etc.

The company has grown and its now has a number of retail outlets and online store. When it started production was mainly local but over time its shifted production to China. So essentially it is 'prep wear' for 'preppies' but mostly Made in China!

Happy viewing: https://www.vineyardvines.com

Last edited:
Sad thing is, who would know what she was wearing that morning when she dropped the kids off at school? (the 5 kids).
Just jumping off your post -

This may have already been mentioned as I am pages behind on the thread yet, but IIRC didn't the principal or somebody at the school say that they talked to Jennifer every morning when she dropped the kids off at school?

It would be nice if there is video somewhere of that morning that could show/prove what Jennifer was wearing and/or people who did see her that could/would come forward to testify/give statement of what she was wearing, possibly?

Another thought is maybe Jennifer had surveillance in her home inside/outside or something, anything, that may show what she was wearing that morning?

Or, when giving it more thought, if the shirt has Jennifer's blood on it/DNA, then wouldn't that be enough to prove she was wearing the shirt and that it was hers? I don't know?

This may have already been mentioned as I am pages behind on the thread yet, but IIRC didn't the principal or somebody at the school say that they talked to Jennifer every morning when she dropped the kids off at school?

It would be nice if there is video somewhere of that morning that could show/prove what Jennifer was wearing and/or people who did see her that could/would come forward to testify/give statement of what she was wearing, possibly?

Another thought is maybe Jennifer had surveillance in her home inside/outside or something, anything, that may show what she was wearing that morning?

Or, when giving it more thought, if the shirt has Jennifer's blood on it/DNA, then wouldn't that be enough to prove she was wearing the shirt and that it was hers? I don't know?

The principal who the media interviewed was at the Farmington school.

I wonder though if she had to be wearing the shirt. It sounds like the items in the bag were the direct result of a cleanup operation. Maybe whoever was doing the cleanup grabbed something close at hand to swab up and a gym bag or old clothes were conviently located in the garage?

This clean up operation has not seemed well planned from the beginning IMO so maybe this shirt was just another mistake in a long line of mistakes made by the 'clean up crew'?
MOO

Last edited:
This is not a paid advert...just wanted you to know what kind of stuff that is sold there...company was started by 2 locals many years ago and its casual and dress clothing for a certain group of people from childrens to adult.

They have a very cute logo of a whale with a smirking smile and they hand out stickers in the store and people place the stickers on cars and on notebooks/backpacks etc.

The company has grown and its now has a number of retail outlets and online store. When it started production was mainly local but over time its shifted production to China. So essentially it is 'prep wear' for 'preppies' but mostly Made in China!

Thank you! That whale is so cute!

But maybe in some other photos. Or not.

Someone reliable told LE that she had that shirt on the morning of May 24, even if she is not “on camera” wearing it. And when they went through all of her clothing, it wasn’t there at the house or at her mother’s. They know she was wearing that shirt, or they wouldn’t have “leaked out” that information.

This was totally lost on me! I was figuring it was meant for Fotis. What makes you think it is directed to her?

Because he is a narcissist, and this won’t make him budge. And besides, MT could save herself a lot of prison time I think, if she cooperates. He can’t; if they convict him, he is going down for life. So cooperating isn’t going to help him, and that tells me he wouldn’t consider it.

I wonder though if she had to be wearing the shirt. It sounds like the items in the bag were the direct result of a cleanup operation. Maybe whoever was doing the cleanup grabbed something closeby to swab up and a gym bag or old clothes were conviently located in the garage? This clean up operation has not seem well planned from the beginning IMO so maybe this shirt was just another mistake in a long line of mistakes made by the 'clean up crew'?
MOO
She may have had a small overnight suitcase with her because she was planning to stay overnight in NYC.
A change of clothes and underwear etc.

This is not a paid advert...just wanted you to know what kind of stuff that is sold there...company was started by 2 locals many years ago and its casual and dress clothing for a certain group of people from childrens to adult. Its moderately expensive but is popular with children and some teens and the blazers and ties are seen on males of all ages.

Slightly eclipsed by Slimeyard Slimes. Much more worthy cause. slimeyardslimes.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member