Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That quote from the Courant has me puzzled because this is how I would describe the Albany Avenue layout... Scott's Jamaican Bakery is a few blocks from Homested Avenue, which is beginning of the Upper Albany neighborhood coming from the direction of West Hartford. Garden Street is much further down and a few blocks shy of the Clay Arsenal neighborhood where Albany Avenue merges with Main Street before going into downtown Hartford. So I thought Garden Street was significant for the discarded license plates in the storm drain but according to the Courant it makes it sound as if the bakery/garbage can are near Garden Street too and I just don't think I would say that's the case. 14-15 blocks between them actually.

I could just be really confused though...
OMG. That damn article is making me nuts. You are absolutely right. In analyzing the pick up of the trash day vs FD deposit day vs Dumpster diver (DD) removal day, I looked at trash pick up schedule near Garland and Albany. That picks up Friday. Scott’s Bakery is nears Adams on Albany. That pick up is a Thursday. It does skew my analysis. The garbage not picked up on Thursday the 30th would have been picked up Friday the 31st. That means LE was lucky to get anything by the time they got there on the 31st-from the cans on the end of Albany near Scott’s. However, all the trash would have been in the cans on Albany near Garden. If DD had just walked past Garden, his dive was not by Scott’s and not by the storm drain. Not possible. Anyone on Twitter? Want to ask Dave Altimira or David Owens which days DD was incarcerated and try to get a date he supposedly pulled the knife out of the trash??

Edit: MOO MOO MOO

You are the woman, tkb!!

I nominate you to go to Family Court and observe, maybe snap some pictures outside!

OMG...you should have seen me tonight with the fear of God in me I was going to run into FD. Can't imagine actually seeing him. Every runner/biker/dog walker I saw freaked me out until I could see it wasn't him.

MOO MOO
While looking at @thekirbyfamily photo of the trash can at the curb in front of the bakery, I wondered, is it always out there? Or had it been placed there for pickup? And when did presumed dumpster diver (DD) have access to FDs trash?

I decided to look up trash collection schedule for the address (verified from their FB, yelp and pretty much everywhere else! )

Scotts' Jamaican Bakery
1344 Albany Ave
Hartford, Connecticut 06112

According to http://gis1.hartford.gov/images/New_Collection_day.pdf

The color coded map indicates trash pick up day, for the section of Albany Ave (near Garden St), is Friday. If I’m interpreting their posts correctly, @thekirbyfamily took the photos, today, on Monday, therefore that trash can must always be at the curb.

Then I started thinking about the day FD made the Trashcan Odyssey of Stupidity ( is that what @lilbitty calls it?)

It was Friday, the 24th. So trash would have been just picked up earlier that day when he started adding his trash to cans around 7PM. Im going to make an educated guess that most, if not all, of the cans on that stretch of Albany, were pretty much empty. Memorial Day was the next Monday the 27th, but there was no trash pick up. According to the same site noted above:

“When a holiday or observance of a holiday falls on a Monday through Friday, regular waste and recycling collection will be delayed by one day for that week. There will also be a pick-up on Saturday during each holiday week.”

So all the trash put in those cans from May24-31, would not be picked up until Jun 1. (LE certainly did luck out when they made their search May 31!) but my real questions here are for the reporters of the Courant article. They make a point of saying they finally found DD after his release from jail ( on another matter) and interview him while still in his “gray prison garb.” Hopefully they ascertained his incarceration dates to help verify his access to the cans on the specified dates. If this DD does indeed exist, and is actually on tape pulling items from the can, it will be interesting to hear the date of his trash pick and compare it with FDs deposit date, and video of all other deposits into the can, and all other removals that may have occurred.

It seems as though IMO, that FDs deposits would have been near the very bottom of the cans...in black garbage bags...hopefully, one day soon, we can watch the video. MOO

Except it took me a while to learn this when I first moved here...whenever there is a holiday the trash collection is pushed back by one day. As someone else also noted that during holiday weeks there will be a Saturday pickup added. FD could have thought it would have been picked up on Saturday then instead of Friday? Just speculation.

Last edited:
Love this image! Captures the craziness of everything...

My crazy brain is reeling with all these pieces and characters.

The @thekirbyfamily photos of Albany and the vivid description of how the place changes at night has me really wondering what FD and MT were doing there trying to get rid of what they were carrying?

Did they not see the people hanging around? Did they think the people wouldn't notice them in an expensive truck? Short white bald buy and strung out white woman just driving down the street throwing things out?

Did FD for reasons we don't get maybe want to be seen? The Hartford cameras were a story that played out broadly. If he took the time to research the trash pickup schedule on a holiday weekend don't you think he would research the cameras too? If you put Albany Ave Hartford CT into google one of the first articles that pops up is all about the cameras.

Still not seeing this trashbin odyssey of stupidity at all from the guy that is supposed to be the smartest one in the room? Was this the part of the plan that was not planned? Why Albany Ave? Or was it planned?

MOO
I have some thoughts on your questions. Long post, but here goes:

IMO, it was still light out around 7 pm when they drove through there on a Friday of a holiday weekend when a lot of people that work there either had the day off or were busy at home preparing to head out of town or to nearby lakes, rivers, or the beach for the weekend. Before night fell and local people came out for the evening to hang out.

Albany Ave is not heavily residential, IMO, and the people who do reside on it are probably impoverished and living in squalid conditions, hence, no one would think twice about people malingering, doing illegal stuff, or digging through trash cans like the man who said that's how he found the pillow and knife.

I think Occam's Razor still applies here, in that the simplest explanation was that FD picked that stretch of that part of the city to dispose of incriminating evidence because the crime rate is so high, and it is a 'forsaken' area where LE is not 'on the scene' unless they are responding to a 911 call. And people mind their own business, and are anti-police, anti-ratting on other people doing illicit things, etc.

It took this man over 2 months to come forward, and even then, he had been in jail, and said he traded the knife for crack, putting himself in even more potential trouble with the law by admitting that. I wonder if while he was in jail, he heard about the case, and had an aha moment that he may have some valuable information that could potentially help him look good to LE if he cooperated. I think this was the case because the MSM article said IIRC that LE approached him as he was coming out of jail. So they heard while he was in there what he told someone he had found.

As for FD being so smart and thinking ahead about being captured on video cameras and doing it on purpose, I just don't believe that is feasible. I think he was not smart, in a bit of panic mode, and just assumed nobody would think to look at videos along that corridor for someone dumping evidence of a crime committed 70 miles southeast of there in NC. The mistake they made was having their cell phones turned on so that LE could place them there and then go looking for video footage there. I think their phones were on because he was waiting for word from the children to confirm his visitation with them the next day, and/or to communicate with an accomplice. Also, because Hartford isn't far from where they lived in Farmington, they probably thought they could say if cell phone data placed them there, they could just say they had gone out for a bite to eat there. Criminals do stuff to trip themselves up, or as I've seen quoted by LE, something along the lines of "if criminals didn't do stupid stuff all the time, we would never catch any of them."

I don't think FD's 'smarts' were in the minute details, just the bigger picture: dispose of the bloody evidence 70 miles away from the wealthy, quiet, safe little town where JD went missing "while jogging at the park" (where they planted her car) in a sketchy, high crime part of a major city where no one would pay attention to what they were doing. To that point, no one came forward and said they saw them, even though they stopped 30 times over a 4 mile stretch while it was still daylight.

It was just their cell phone pings and the videos that LE located from Albany Ave based on those pings that tripped them up, and he wasn't expecting that she would be reported missing and LE would jump on it so soon and so some of the bloody evidence was still in the trashcans LE went through. He probably thought it was such a 'cleanly' executed crime that he would never be asked to give LE his cell phone or have search warrants on his properties, he really thought he would get away with it, and LE would have no reason to hone in on him. That is why I think FD looked like he did at the hearing -- he was surprised as all get out that LE had figured it out and found video and evidence 70 miles from where she went missing.

He was a dope about a lot of things for a lot of years in terms of the way he was outwardly abusive and threatening towards JD and the children, the refusal to comply with judge's orders during the divorce, defaulting on loans from his FIL, shady business practices, lying in court, enlisting his children to lie for him, etc. that were so obvious to other people, but never stopped him from trying to go after what he wanted before. He is that far 'out there' IMO, JD was given full physical custody, he wasn't allowed to be alone with his children or go to their school, and had been sanctioned by the court more than once for lying and breaking their orders. He is just a crazy, abusive, selfish, clueless criminal, bent on fleecing his wife's family, control and vengeance, not a criminal mastermind, IMO.

MOO and MOO and MOO

MOO MOO
While looking at @thekirbyfamily photo of the trash can at the curb in front of the bakery, I wondered, is it always out there? Or had it been placed there for pickup? And when did presumed dumpster diver (DD) have access to FDs trash?

I decided to look up trash collection schedule for the address (verified from their FB, yelp and pretty much everywhere else! )

Scotts' Jamaican Bakery
1344 Albany Ave
Hartford, Connecticut 06112

According to http://gis1.hartford.gov/images/New_Collection_day.pdf

The color coded map indicates trash pick up day, for the section of Albany Ave (near Garden St), is Friday. If I’m interpreting their posts correctly, @thekirbyfamily took the photos, today, on Monday, therefore that trash can must always be at the curb.

Then I started thinking about the day FD made the Trashcan Odyssey of Stupidity ( is that what @lilbitty calls it?)

It was Friday, the 24th. So trash would have been just picked up earlier that day when he started adding his trash to cans around 7PM. Im going to make an educated guess that most, if not all, of the cans on that stretch of Albany, were pretty much empty. Memorial Day was the next Monday the 27th, but there was no trash pick up. According to the same site noted above:

“When a holiday or observance of a holiday falls on a Monday through Friday, regular waste and recycling collection will be delayed by one day for that week. There will also be a pick-up on Saturday during each holiday week.”

So all the trash put in those cans from May24-31, would not be picked up until Jun 1. (LE certainly did luck out when they made their search May 31!) but my real questions here are for the reporters of the Courant article. They make a point of saying they finally found DD after his release from jail ( on another matter) and interview him while still in his “gray prison garb.” Hopefully they ascertained his incarceration dates to help verify his access to the cans on the specified dates. If this DD does indeed exist, and is actually on tape pulling items from the can, it will be interesting to hear the date of his trash pick and compare it with FDs deposit date, and video of all other deposits into the can, and all other removals that may have occurred.

It seems as though IMO, that FDs deposits would have been near the very bottom of the cans...in black garbage bags...hopefully, one day soon, we can watch the video. MOO

I think and want to say those trash cans are secured to the ground and do not move so they can't be stolen.

Just hypothesis here...I looked at that link to the Fore page about the house...from the description of the land it's correct. It is situated on the side of the mountain that faces the Farmington Valley. Could that image of the house and from what the writing led me to think simply be an example of what could go there? Maybe he didn't have any takers in the "design your own house" catagory and just built something then? IDK.
This entire situation with 585 Deerfield is not making sense.

FD had 5-6 other houses that were sitting, market is soft etc. Its not even clear that Farmington real estate market can absorb 1 of his very expensive and over priced houses over the next year and what does he do? He builds another expensive house in Farmington? And not only does he build another house at 585 but he doesn't update his website to reflect the house and doesn't update the real estate listing to sell the house?

I'm missing something major I guess as who builds houses that can't be sold anytime soon and then as soon as they build them they don't actively list them with brokers or on the web?

Something else must be going on but this doesn't make sense at all IMO.

MOO

I think and want to say those trash cans are secured to the ground and do not move so they can't be stolen.
Yes, and some of them are made of heavy stone or concrete or have weights in the bottom so they can't be moved. The one in front of the bakery anyway, with the openings at the top. I did see video of LE searching some regular trash cans with the lids on rollers though, so those were probably residential as opposed to the city owned one in front of the bakery? MOO

Except it took me a while to learn this when I first moved here...whenever there is a holiday the trash collection is pushed back by one day. Could FD have thought it would have been picked up on Saturday then instead of Friday? Just speculation.
Yes, pushed back by one day AFTER the holiday( I quoted the website in my post). So yes the week of 24-31 would be picked up the 1st. The week of 23-30, picked up the 31st!
Your photos are great!!! You are very brave!

Last edited:
Did the article say the man looked in the cans near Scott’s bakery.
I thought it said he looked in a trash can near a store on the corner of Albany and Garden.

Last edited:

FD had 5-6 other houses that were sitting, market is soft etc. Its not even clear that Farmington real estate market can absorb 1 of his very expensive and over priced houses over the next year and what does he do? He builds another expensive house in Farmington? And not only does he build another house at 585 but he doesn't update his website to reflect the house and doesn't update the real estate listing to sell the house?

I'm missing something major I guess as who builds houses that can't be sold anytime soon and then as soon as they build them they don't actively list them with brokers or on the web?

MOO
Good points. I think he was/is running some kind of a scheme (since JD filed for divorce in 2017) that provided a cover for claiming poverty and not being able to pay back his FIL, pay subcontractors, or pay for divorce attorneys.

Or he was/is terrible at his job, and only ever limped along when graciously and fully funded by his wife's family.

Or he was/is a grifter who thought if he just kept on doing what he had been doing (building high priced mansions in wealthy neighborhoods), he could keep up pretenses that he was still a successful builder, there was still cash flow, he could take some big writeoffs at tax time, get more clients who liked what they saw, wait for the market to rebound, and in the mean time do everything he could to keep JD from divorcing him and his in laws from collecting any money he owed them. Or declare bankruptcy, and wash his hands of the whole stockpile of mansions that wouldn't sell 'due to the market'.

Just the property taxes alone on multi-million dollar properties would be astronomical. But maybe lower if unoccupied or unfinished???

It could be way more complicated than that -- sounds like GF's attorneys are going to dig into his accounts any day now, and MT will be questioned as well. One more way in which he was probably up to no good. MOO

Did the article say the man looked in the cans near Scott’s bakery.
I thought it said he looked in a trash can near a store on the corner of Albany and Garden.
And then this is where it gets confusing:

“Police have also said they have video of Dulos placing a FedEx mailer box in a storm drain at the intersection of Albany and Garden. They recovered the package, and it contained a doctored license plate to an old car Dulos used to own, according to the Dulos arrest warrant.”

The Fed Ex mailer was from storm drain in front of Scott’s , NOT Albany &Garden, Hence,the error. Hence the confusion. This article was sloppy.

Last edited:
Some of FDs real estate transactions from the Courant
2004-2010

Attachments

• 3798B73D-2E57-4077-AE5B-3F1CF19B81C0.jpeg
    3798B73D-2E57-4077-AE5B-3F1CF19B81C0.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 31
  • F5D71721-0838-4872-80C8-21451CA0B2C3.jpeg
    F5D71721-0838-4872-80C8-21451CA0B2C3.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 2D0EA7D5-DB8F-4B16-8501-3FD35DC7F3C5.jpeg
    2D0EA7D5-DB8F-4B16-8501-3FD35DC7F3C5.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 6D27C8C2-34A1-4A42-A4EA-819EBA726CAC.jpeg
    6D27C8C2-34A1-4A42-A4EA-819EBA726CAC.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 4069A94E-5A79-43C4-A697-802CD765507D.jpeg
    4069A94E-5A79-43C4-A697-802CD765507D.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 27

MOO

Money laundering.

FD was so relentless calling her.. it’s so bizarre. Why? An alibi sounds about right.

No wonder LE said it was a dynamic case.

No wonder why the search warrants are sealed.

I wonder who attended the dinner party at 4 JC on Thursday evening and what took place.

All MOO

BBM

Seeking an alibi sounds plausible, but IMO it’s something more directly linked to the wife/wives.

Re. FD harassing KM’s wife, some thoughts:

Art of War.
Make the lawyer appear weak (sad, sorry, desperate to make amends with his wife). Get her in a position where she could be vulnerable to being disappeared, eg.

At 4 JX with her female friend (or MT as a back-up). Take some photos and this sets up a seedy narrative whereby she and JD could plausibly run off together one day, especially if FD can coerce KM’s wife into meeting up with J to reciprocate the kind marriage intervention

OR Greece on the romantic reunion holiday FD suggested.

MOO

Looking at these (and other) pictures of “fishing knives” it strikes me that these would not be the knife of choice for a stabbing. Not that they couldn’t do damage in such a situation of course. If the knife does exist and/or is described or identified as such type, even if not admitted as evidence, I think that this would give LE a strong suggestion of something more nefarious than simply a stabbing. Likewise this doesn’t look like a knife JD might casually have laying around the kitchen or in a countertop knife block that a perpetrator might pick up during a moment of heated rage, etc. Unless the average person does a lot more filleting of fish than I do.
The interviewee also said he put the knife in his pocket, which might imply it was a folding knife? These don’t look like knives you casually stick in your pocket. Hopefully the pocketing of the knife is on CCTV.
Entirely MOO here and just my gut feeling, but if you have the stomach to take a look at these knives, see if you get the same feeling.
Good catch about putting the knife in his pocket. You wouldn't do that with a fillet knife...unless maybe you were wearing cargo shorts and the knife had a sheath. MOO.

I remember she went to the hospital and was there for a bit. If such a disclosure were required any time someone got hurt on a property and later died at the hospital, that seems like it would include a lot of older people who fall and have to go to the hospital and sometimes sadly don’t get better. I have no idea! The things I learn here! :)
Yeah, she didn't die on the property. So no disclosure. Also not deemed an act of violence, just an accident. MOO

Yes, and some of them are made of heavy stone or concrete or have weights in the bottom so they can't be moved. The one in front of the bakery anyway, with the openings at the top. I did see video of LE searching some regular trash cans with the lids on rollers though, so those were probably residential as opposed to the city owned one in front of the bakery? MOO
If the trash can was fastened down or heavily weighted, how would it be moved to the street? Or, how would it be emptied if it couldn't be moved?
Many areas of Hartford have automated pick-up of the cans, no more crews running behind the truck emptying the cans into the back of the truck, just a driver pulling up next to the can and maneuvering the pick up arms around the can.
This trash can looks like one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member