Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think FD thought that all of those insurance executives who work in Hartford would be buying his overpriced houses; there actually is (or was) money up in Avon and Farmington-although nothing like the money in New Canaan (JD was right after all). He way overestimated the market for and the appeal of his houses. I think maybe he could have sold one or maybe two at the very most, in that price range. Could be he was just delusional about how it was going to work, but then why would HF foot the bill for his delusions? This, I don’t understand...HF had to have had more on the ball than that. There is something off here, as you said.
I can give HF a pass on not knowing the demographics of the Farmington area, but for
FD going into the market there this is basic
Homebuilding 101- know your market.
FD didn't do his homework. He had little to risk using his FIL's money and he jumped in feet first. After he sold a few homes he decided
like many greedy new people in the business
that he could make so much more profit by
going bigger and more expensive. But it doesn't work that way.
Also surprising that some good RE agent didn't educate him. Or maybe he just wouldn't listen.

Plus he perpetuated his mistakes for too long and failed to correct his business plan.
Again, common mistakes when new in the business. But his mistakes came with huge
$$ mistakes. He was really out of his league
in so many ways.
It's like we see in other businesses or even in personal lives, when a person is playing with other people's money, they may not be as cautious and careful as they would be if it were
their own hard earned money.
We see this often in people who inherit a large
sum of money, and those who win the lottery, and also celebrity athletes, they blow it indiscriminately. They're new to the world of large sums of money.
Whereas the person who worked hard day in and day out for that money slowly does his
due diligence so as not to lose what he worked so hard to accumulate.
I'm sure those around the Farmington area who worked with FD or did work for him, quickly figured out he didn't really work for his money. It's usually pretty
obvious the way they spend.

Last edited:
I hope DD was still wearing his prison garb because LE has his clothing (pants) to do some forensic testing.
Hah!! Love it. Fantastic insight. When I read that line in the convoluted HC article, I thought why put that in? To lend credibility to the claim DD had been locked up, so he was unable to be interviewed for the story earlier? That’s what I thought.
Your supposition makes so much sense! Too bad the authors of the article, didn’t ask DD, where ever are your pants? Did LE take them?

Except it took me a while to learn this when I first moved here...whenever there is a holiday the trash collection is pushed back by one day. Could FD have thought it would have been picked up on Saturday then instead of Friday? Just speculation.
Yes, I'm glad you are here now to explain this as when we first looked at the schedule it took awhile to figure out how things worked with the holiday weekend.

So is your theory that the trash can that @thekirbyfamily took the picture of is not the can that DD got the knife out of? And that the can DD allegedly took the knife out of was in fact closer to Garden?

Or is it the opposite, that the HC article describes the trash can as being closer to Garden but the correct can is in fact the one @thekirbyfamily took the photo of?

Take a look at this google map...I tried to pin in the Jamaican bakery...the distance between Garden and the Bakery is about 2 1/2 blocks I think.

Will try to puzzle this out tomorrow.
Did the article say the man looked in the cans near Scott’s bakery.
I thought it said he looked in a trash can near a store on the corner of Albany and Garden.
Article says on Albany and near Garden. But the can that @thekirbyfamily found was closer to the bakery it seems than Garden intersection. I'm confused? I see the can from the great picture, so maybe the reporting was just imprecise? How many fixed cans are on the street in that area? Will see if I can figure it out from a google walk. IDK

Yes, and some of them are made of heavy stone or concrete or have weights in the bottom so they can't be moved. The one in front of the bakery anyway, with the openings at the top. I did see video of LE searching some regular trash cans with the lids on rollers though, so those were probably residential as opposed to the city owned one in front of the bakery? MOO

Yes those are the ones provided by the city to residents. There are patches of residences on Albany Avenue, some of the businesses even have small apartments above them, and every street coming off of it has 3 family houses or apartment buildings within feet.

And then this is where it gets confusing:

“Police have also said they have video of Dulos placing a FedEx mailer box in a storm drain at the intersection of Albany and Garden. They recovered the package, and it contained a doctored license plate to an old car Dulos used to own, according to the Dulos arrest warrant.”

The Fed Ex mailer was from storm drain in front of Scott’s , NOT Albany &Garden, Hence,the error. Hence the confusion. This article was sloppy.
That location for Scotts (bet. Milford and Adams) is further down on Albany vs the intersection of Garden.

Here is the google map to make it easier to see:

Google Maps

Yes, pushed back by one day AFTER the holiday( I quoted the website in my post). So yes the week of 24-31 would be picked up the 1st. The week of 23-30, picked up the 31st!
Your photos are great!!! You are very brave!

I just thought it could have been one of those stupidity moments. Maybe he got the schedule confused being every town here has their own and he is from a different one. There must have been so many things wildly flying around that brain of his and like @Twistinginthewind recalled police saying "if criminals didn't do stupid stuff all the time, we would never catch any of them."

@afitzy
In my opinion this is Albany Avenue and Garden Street. I had a couple videos but it won't let me post them due to size. What stood out to me most is I was there tonight at 7:30 on a Monday night and there were people everywhere, tons of them...driving, riding, walking, hanging out on the street corners and in front of the store fronts...just people all over. What a stupid thing to attempt the "Trash Bin of Stupidity Date Night" (first coined by @MollyDDD) then at roughly this same time only on a Friday evening instead? There must have been throngs of people just watching these two. Whenever I have to go to this neighborhood for work, I won't go past dark. My opinion is this neighborhood is quieter in the day and comes alive at night, with the majority of illegal activity beginning at dusk and being heaviest on Friday/Saturday nights.
I don’t think I can take credit for that quote, as I don’t remember saying it. Perhaps it was the other “Molly” here on WS.o_O

I can give HF a pass on not knowing the demographics of the Farmington area, but for
FD didn't do his homework. He had little to risk using his FIL's money and he jumped in feet first. After he sold a few homes he decided
Also surprising that some good RE agent didn't educate him. Or maybe he just wouldn't listen.

Plus he perpetuated his mistakes for too long and failed to correct his business plan.
Again, common mistakes when new in the business. But his mistakes came with huge
in so many ways.
It's like we see in other businesses or even in personal lives, when a person is playing with other people's money, they may not be as cautious and careful as they would be if it were
sum of money, and those who win the lottery, and also celebrity athletes, they blow it indiscriminately. They're new to the world of large sums of money.
Whereas the person who worked hard day in and day out for that money slowly does his
I'm sure those around the Farmington area who worked with FD or did work for him, quickly figured out he didn't really work for his money. It's usually pretty

Hilliard Farber knew exactly what he was doing. Trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. For his daughter’s benefit.
He got his money the old fashioned way: he earned it.
He had the risk/benefit calculated to the penny.
And in the beginning, it was going according to plan. Buy, build and sell for a profit. When Mr. Farber passed, FD made his move.

If I recall correctly, it was the same with Princess Diana. Her father had the Queen’s ear. And no doubt both had a tight grip on Prince Charles’ antics. But when he passed away, Prince Charles started galavanting in public. Bc the patriarch protector was not there any longer.

How embarrassing. Public mistresses. At least FD didn’t say he wanted to come back as a tampon. Eeeee gads.

FD was so relentless calling her.. it’s so bizarre. Why? An alibi sounds about right.

No wonder LE said it was a dynamic case.

No wonder why the search warrants are sealed.

I wonder who attended the dinner party at 4 JC on Thursday evening and what took place.

All MOO
Seriously. Suddenly he’s Dr. Phil??? He didn’t save his own marriage, why’s he trying so hard to save this one! BS!

in so many ways.
Like they say, “A fool and his money are soon parted”.

Yes, I'm glad you are here now to explain this as when we first looked at the schedule it took awhile to figure out how things worked with the holiday weekend.

So is your theory that the trash can that @thekirbyfamily took the picture of is not the can that DD got the knife out of? And that the can DD allegedly took the knife out of was in fact closer to Garden?

Or is it the opposite, that the HC article describes the trash can as being closer to Garden but the correct can is in fact the one @thekirbyfamily took the photo of?

Take a look at this google map...I tried to pin in the Jamaican bakery...the distance between Garden and the Bakery is about 2 1/2 blocks I think.

Will try to puzzle this out tomorrow.

Article says on Albany and near Garden. But the can that @thekirbyfamily found was closer to the bakery it seems than Garden intersection. I'm confused? I see the can from the great picture, so maybe the reporting was just imprecise? How many fixed cans are on the street in that area? Will see if I can figure it out from a google walk. IDK
@afitzy take a look at my previous post with the link to color coded trash collection areas. Albany is split between Thursday and Friday. Albany at Garden is Friday pick up. Scott’s is nearer Adams on Albany with a Thursday pick up.
I believe MOO that the confusion arose because of the article in the Courant by DA and DO. They incorrectly state the storm drain ( where the fedex package was found) was at Albany near Garden. But it was not. It was in front of Scott’s. So peeps think DD was diving in the can in front of Scott’s-in the can @thekirbyfamily took a photo of. But Scott’s isn’t at Albany and Garden!! It’s at 1344 Albany -which appears to be at least 10 blocks away? ( I also posted a photo of the search in the drain in front of Scott’s in an earlier thread).
MOO, and my logic only:
1. DD was at can at Albany near Garden.
2. Storm drain of LE search is in front of Scott’s
3 Courant article incorrectly puts storm drain at Garden and Albany.
4 People then incorrectly logic DD was at can by storm drain, which is can in front of Scott’s. The one in tkf photo
5. DD was at a different can at Garden and Albany.
6. Each can has a different pick up day, delayed by 1day AFTER Memorial Day.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I don’t think I can take credit for that quote, as I don’t remember saying it. Perhaps it was the other “Molly” here on WS.o_O
@MollyDDD , were you the sleuther who managed to get video of the original NP interview - the one that was edited when we returned to it the following day? If so, were you ever able to figure out how to share it here?

in so many ways.
Great explanation!

Where I am stuck is how what you describe kept happening over and over again and the houses simply stacked up! Maybe FD didn't care about the houses stacking up as his goal was to suck all the cash out of FORE and simply leave it a shell holding a bunch of white elephant houses to either go into receivership or bankruptcy when the cash was gone to cover basic expenses. IDK.

Acquiring land further south is challenging and so the projects are more expensive generally vs Farmington. And, we know FD/FORE had property to spare in Farmington. But if the houses weren't selling, why build more?

Other than personal delusion (which could be possible here), maybe the answer is that by building more houses it made it possible for him to suck the cash out of FORE and make it looks somewhat plausible?

The GF last motion in Civil Court brings up the issues of 'irregular transactions' and various payments to FD. Not seeing any accountant yet in this case for FORE, leads me to believe that whatever was going on with the books was being done by MT and FD. FD might have believed that so long as the houses kept getting put up that all the 'irregular' payments made to himself and the salaries to various workers including MT would look ok on paper?

The thing is that at a certain point the process has to come full circle and that more money is needed from a house sale to fuel the process of building another house so that more money can be sucked out of FORE.

IDK. Still stunned about the new looking house at 585 Deerfield and trying to figure this out.

MOO

@afitzy take a look at my previous post with the link to color coded trash collection areas. Albany is split between Thursday and Friday. Albany at Garden is Friday pick up. Scott’s is nearer Adams on Albany with a Thursday pick up.
I believe MOO that the confusion arose because of the article in the Courant by DA and DO. They incorrectly state the storm drain ( where the fedex package was found) was at Albany near Garden. But it was not. It was in front of Scott’s. So peeps think DD was diving in the can in front of Scott’s-in the can @thekirbyfamily took a photo of. But Scott’s isn’t at Albany and Garden!! It’s at 1344 Albany -which appears to be at least 10 blocks away? ( I also posted a photo of the search in the drain in front of Scott’s in an earlier thread).
MOO, and my logic only:
1. DD was at can at Albany near Garden.
2. Storm drain of LE search is in front of Scott’s
3 Courant article incorrectly puts storm drain at Garden and Albany.
4 People then incorrectly logic DD was at can by storm drain, which is can in front of Scott’s. The one in tkf photo
5. DD was at a different can at Garden and Albany.
6. Each can has a different pick up day, delayed by 1day AFTER Memorial Day.
Hope that helps.
Got it! I had the wrong Jamaican place on Albany which is closer to Garden but not right at the intersection.

DA said that he spent alot of time on Albany so I'm confused about how a detail like this could be wrong in the reporting as it seems clear once you lay it out the way you have above.

Has anyone emailed or tweeted him with your clearer explanation? You and @thekirbyfamily are on top of this issue 100% so think it makes sense to reach out to DA/DO with your questions. They are both great reporters so I am sure would welcome feedback. Here is link to DA: Dave Altimari - Hartford Courant

@MollyDDD , were you the sleuther who managed to get video of the original NP interview - the one that was edited when we returned to it the following day? If so, were you ever able to figure out how to share it here?
OMG, no. I wish I did though. lol. Honestly, I don’t have one quarter of the skills to do the great sleuthing work that most of you do on here. I appreciate everyone’s work very much and I try my best to just follow along and add my 2 cents here and there. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler