Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tink56, I sucked it up and went back and rewatched this section again because I wasn't sure what I had said was correct.

Glad I did because I was incorrect before on what I responded (will try to delete my prior post as its wrong). Sent message off to Mod to delete post 1446 as it is wrong. Sorry to all and to @Tink56-my bad!

Think its at the 35 min mark on the video:

No Case Norm tells the Judge that FD is going to be deposed in the GF civil case. No news here. No Case Norm then says that he will draft a motion outlining a request for FD to attend the deposition of MT in the civil case. This would mean that FD would be sitting in the conference room with MT while she gives her deposition on the civil case and this would violate the current no contact order so would have to be approved by the court. Colangelo jumped on this and said he would review it but if he couldn't agree then he would ask the Judge for a hearing. But I wonder what Atty Bowman is going to think of this issue as well as he is the one that fought to get the MT no contact order. Not sure what is going on here? Seems like pure intimidation from Pattis and FD on the surface, but what else could be going on? Ideas?????

Sorry for any confusion about this! I totally missed the part about FD physically sitting in on the MT deposition. Curious to see how this gets resolved.

MOO
With a MOO MOO here and a MOO MOO there. IMO watching FD reactions. He’s very cool. Doesn’t look like a man who lost his wife and mother of his 5 children . No emotion. Kind of relaxed. Better outfit this go round.

I definitely think they teamed up against their "enemies".

FD contacted KM's STBX before Jennifer went missing, probably wanted KM to be indebted to him so he could use him for an alibi. Not that I doubt he and Norm are both just hopeless romantics.....NP probably shakes his hair out and sees Flavio (?) in the mirror.

MOO
Yes, and she received a positive endorsement from her Manager at the FORE Group, Inc. Fotis Dulos:

ExperienceView attachment 198070
Co-founded and created business plan for a Commercial Real Estate Development Start-up in the USA​

• Fotis Dulos
    Owner, Fore Group Inc.

June 1, 2015, Fotis managed Rena directly

Rena is a unique, cosmopolitan professional with a wealth of experience that few people I have met to this day offer in the market. We began working with Rena, about ten years ago, when I was launching Fore Group. She was instrumental in setting up the company to the point that I would consider her a co-founder. [BBM] A talented architect with a distinct knack for Real Estate Property Management, she had the capacity to handle all phases of the projects we engaged in. Today, she works remotely on a consulting basis for Fore Group. [BBM] As a person who has seen many types of work partners, I wholeheartedly offer my support to Rena on whichever path she decides to take. With a brilliant educational background acquired from one of the world's leading institutions in Architecture coupled with her international professional experience in projects ranging from Architectural Design to Property/Asset Management, Rena is a professional that any company would be blessed to have among its Management.

Source: LinkedInView attachment 198070

"...and she is my sister...but that's not really important...nothing I said here is bias."

If he does, there will be more delay, delay, delay tactics. I bet you are right though. Now....will he say he is broke and want a public defender?
MOO I don’t think FD is going to remove NP. He’s got $$$$$. somewhere and still could be giving any proceeds of sold house to NP. I think he’s got more retirement funds. I think NP is likely FD ‘s best chance.

IDK. But I don't think this coming motion from Pattis is really about the phone being returned to FD. Sure Doofus could have been dumb enough to not back up his iPhone and so needs his contacts, but I don't for a second believe that this is what this drama is all about.

What Pattis is trying to do is to exclude from the upcoming criminal case for tampering/hindering ALL that is on the FD iPhoneX and anything that LE might have learned from their investigation of the phone (fruits of the search I believe is the term).

Playing out this Pattis farce would mean that the cell phone data in the arrest warrant where the cell phone data was used along with physical view of FD and MT going down Albany avenue would be excluded from the case and the jury couldn't hear the information. I'm not certain that the CCTV would/could be considered fruits from the cell phone but I guess seeing Pattis in action that this is sadly where this argument is headed. Need a legal peep to opine on issue of what all would/could be entailed in the definition of 'fruits' here as that is above my pay grade! Could/Would this include the bag contents on Albany? Hope not!

Hope NCPD and State have this buttoned up. The arrest warrant sequence seemed clear on the face of it that the phone was taken as the belief existed that a crime had been committed and that the warrant was received to download the data. But I am sure this will turn out to be a bitter battle and contentious hearing in Court unfortunately. My guess is that Pattis is back on this phone issue because FD alibi has gone up in smoke so what better way to hobble a circumstantial case than do what he is doing.

No Case Norm was quite clear that his goal is to make sure that murder charges are never brought. Seems like this phone exclusion/fruits motion is the first step in his plan.

Hope the State prevails but this is going to be a rough ride IMO!

Huge MOO

Wasn’t MT cell pinging as well?
Correct me on this if I’m wrong, does LE need warrant to request cell company ping records? I think a subpoena would do. LE could get phone number from web page, GF, nanny, JD’s friends. Issue subpoena, as in emergency mode, get info, then learn about Albany.
Pinging off Hartford cell towers wouldn’t happen on my phone to be seen on my phone. Pinging info comes from cell carrier.
Yes? No?

Last edited:
Jennifer Dulos disappearance: 3 CT cases where suspicion also fell on husband
*The most obvious parallel to the Dulos case — with divergent outcomes — is that of Durst and Crafts, with the absence of a body found thus far.
*In each of the cases, suspicion fell on the women’s spouses due to mainly circumstantial evidence — another similarity to the Dulos case.
*But investigators found that Connie Dabate’s Fitbit kept tracking her movements for about an hour after the time her husband said she was murdered. Her Facebook account also showed she had posted on her profile while at home nearly 45 minutes after her husband said she was killed
*wonder if Jen had a Fitbit
Sound like from the video in court Friday that we will likely be hearing more. Judge refused to give back seized evidence and said that they are still working on investigating the evidence. I imagine this takes a long time. LE isn’t saying what electronics that belonged to JD they have . I believe they likely have her phone, Fitbit if she had one and are going through FV etc.

I think I get what you are trying to say on the JD lawyering so correct me if I'm wrong in how I interpret your prior statements. Its a super interesting debate I think!

In terms of JD atty strategy in the divorce is your view that JD atty was working hard legally to 'score' as many points as he could on behalf of JD. So, the atty hit hard on as many points as he could in a very aggressive and unrelenting way to effectively 'beat down' FD legally? It seems like its the strategy that is seen used by JD atty that you are saying isn't 'efficient' or 'productive', if I'm reading you correctly? Right?

I guess that is why the convo's here are so interesting and thought provoking IMO. We can all generally see the similar/same facts/event or patterns and interpret them slightly differently or entirely differently. Sometimes seeing other POV generates change in our views and sometimes not. But we keep rolling as eventually things come together most times.

Actually I don't disagree with your view of the atty's strategy at all and sure there are many ways to get from A to B in any legal situation -- JD atty was playing hardball and never quit so he was a total pitbull. Its so incredibly hard to understand the family court case with the documents not all out publicly, the entire file is so large and its impossible to see how the parties were working together (or not) in the beginning of the case and if this situation changed over time.

We just know that many many documents were filed, parties rarely agreed on much, FD didn't comply with financial disclosure, FD didn't contribute financially to his childrens care/well being etc., and JD was singlemindedly focused on custody while at the same time, with her mother, footing the bills for virtually everything including FD legal bills, housing etc. We also have FD moving his mistress and her daughter into 4Jx which didn't probably do much for working morale in the case either IMO.

From just looking at the nearly 500 documents/motions/orders etc. filed in the case (this is public info on the state of ct website), to me at least it looked like FD atty fought back every single time to a motion from JD atty. Judge Heller in the recent custody decision order I think actually said FD filed 30+ more motions than JD. What is so sad though in looking at the public info, it doesn't seem like the divorce action was ever going to settle and that it was heading to trial. It just seemed that the 2 parties were at total loggerheads and simply could not agree on anything ever. You combine this inability to agree with FD non compliance with financial disclosure and inability to follow basic rules with the custody arrangements and its seems inevitable that you end up with a totally toxic and combustible situation.

The FD situation was unwinnable IMO against the vast resources of the Farber family and logic might say that it was in his best interest to settle early and move on with his life. With settlement FD would have gotten some kind of support arrangement, might have gotten 4Jx and been able to keep on at some level with the FORE business sham, if that is what he wanted to do. BUT, he didn't settle and so fought on and on, even with minimal resources vs the Farbers. To me at least it looks like FD was willing to throw a match and pour gasoline on not just his life but his business in order to 'win' against the Farbers and his decision making was not logic based on any level IMO. I can't wrap my head around setting your life on fire at aged 50 but who knows, perhaps FD is an optimist and was going to regroup and rebuild his life. IDK.

How do you deal with an opponent in a litigation that is willing to burn down everything in their life in order to win? This person won't stop and the legal action will simply never end? To me, one legal option is to simply crush the opponent and I think this is what JD atty might have been trying to do. Just a guess on my part!

I am curious with your insight into the legal process where you think JD atty could have operated differently and possibly averted a nearly 2 year period in court with little accomplished other than the custody? Your question of strategy is a super interesting one and I'm curious what you think!

To your point about the JD lawyering, could different tactics and strategy possibly ended up in a different result or settlement? I guess anything is possible, but if the person you are engaging with in your legal action has zero interest in settling and simply wants to fight on the death, I'm not sure what other options were available from a strategy standpoint from JD attys. but I'm open to hearing options!

MOO, MOO, MOO!

Motion to Compel his financial records with personal service so that Judge Heller could hold him in contempt and put an orange suit on him. Hold him in jail until he coughed up the docs. Rather simple. But some jurisdictions are loathe to jail anyone. Don’t know how CT rules in these types of motions.
Then ask for trial setting.
By the way, my best guess is the Farber trust funds were set up so that creditors could not reach the funds being generated. Spendthrift trust. Again, don’t know CT law: maybe support issues are an exception. Aha, bet NY laws control.

Ok - a few ponderings and questions! FORE name is combo of Fotis and his sister’s first names. Has it been established that he is sole owner? If she is partial owner and Greek resident, can she be subpoenaed in the GF civil suit (especially for clarifying financial matters?). If she is not an owner, but LE has found that payments have been made to her (without sufficient documents / contracts, etc) can she be subpoenaed? As she is apparently an architect, this could be a way to send funds to Greece and disguise as payments for services rendered (and paper the trail...). This could be a way to increase costs, reduce taxable income (on paper), possibly evade US federal and state taxes, and divert funds overseas. Has she arrived in US since his arrest ( or only her daughter / his niece?). If she were to visit the US, and LE believes it has evidence of financial improprieties and her possible involvement, could she be detained? Also very curious about payments to other related parties or shell companies. I am OH SO curious to hear what financial data LE has found on the devices, computers, hard drives, bank and other financial documents! I have not heard any mention of his sister since her glowing letter for FD. Thoughts, anyone?
Subpoenas generally within certain mileage of courthouse. Better tactic would be to pursue Rena criminally. Money laundering comes to mind. Conspiracy to evade FD taxes due to the IRS. Extradite her to stand trial here. Oh boy. I don’t think the fireworks have even started yet. This case could turn out to be a law school exam question. How many exceptions to the exceptions to the rule of law can you see here?

Correct me on this if I’m wrong, does LE need warrant to request cell company ping records? I think a subpoena would do. LE could get phone number from web page, GF, nanny, JD’s friends. Issue subpoena, as in emergency mode, get info, then learn about Albany.
Pinging off Hartford cell towers wouldn’t happen on my phone to be seen on my phone. Pinging info comes from cell carrier.
Yes? No?
Based on the recent Carpenter case from the US Supreme Court, they do generally need a warrant for those records of locations now. {{meta.pageTitle}}

Now, I need to revisit the video. Thanks, @afitzy !
"When this issue was raised in Court on Friday IMO FD IMO looked like he had swallowed his souvlaki whole and was more than a bit peeved by the statements made by Colangelo. It was also during this exchange that the person in the gallery with blond hair and large gold earrings seemed to attempt to make eye contact with FD. "

I believe we learned in GF Civil Court documents that FORE is 100% owned by FD.

FD sister Rena is believed to be an architect in Athens. It is unknown whether she is licensed to practice in the US as an architect.

We do not the extent of the business arrangements between brother and sister with regard to architectural services and other construction related consulting etc. I presume this is one of the issues that GM might be checking out once the forensic accountant enters the scene after being approved by the Court.

Very few references to architects are ever made on the FORE houses which is somewhat interesting and FD sister Rena isn't mentioned as being architect on any of the current FORE houses for sale.

It is unknown in MSM whether LE has sought to interview FD sister or any other family members.

The only reference we have heard to FD family members was this past Friday in court where States Atty Colangelo explained that GF had contacted him to report that FD family members/sister had made multiple attempts to reach the 5 Dulos children that are in the care of GF.

For a situation to be so upsetting or concerning that GF had to reach out to Colangelo had me wondering what is going on and as Colangelo mentioned it would be unfortunate and potentially illegal for FD to use his family members to contact his children when there is a no contact order in place in Family Court.

When this issue was raised in Court on Friday IMO FD IMO looked like he had swallowed his souvlaki whole and was more than a bit peeved by the statements made by Colangelo. It was also during this exchange that the person in the gallery with blond hair and large gold earrings seemed to attempt to make eye contact with FD. Not sure what to make of this entire exchange but will have to see if it is addressed in Family Court as that seems to be what the Criminal Judge wants to see happen.

MOO MOO

Yes? No?

Yes. Exactly.

MOO

Jeez, now it's clear where the long-winded and corporate-winded testimonials come from. Head!
Yes, and she received a positive endorsement from her Manager at the FORE Group, Inc. Fotis Dulos:

ExperienceView attachment 198070
Co-founded and created business plan for a Commercial Real Estate Development Start-up in the USA​

• Fotis Dulos
    Owner, Fore Group Inc.

June 1, 2015, Fotis managed Rena directly

Rena is a unique, cosmopolitan professional with a wealth of experience that few people I have met to this day offer in the market. We began working with Rena, about ten years ago, when I was launching Fore Group. She was instrumental in setting up the company to the point that I would consider her a co-founder. [BBM] A talented architect with a distinct knack for Real Estate Property Management, she had the capacity to handle all phases of the projects we engaged in. Today, she works remotely on a consulting basis for Fore Group. [BBM] As a person who has seen many types of work partners, I wholeheartedly offer my support to Rena on whichever path she decides to take. With a brilliant educational background acquired from one of the world's leading institutions in Architecture coupled with her international professional experience in projects ranging from Architectural Design to Property/Asset Management, Rena is a professional that any company would be blessed to have among its Management.

Source: LinkedInView attachment 198070

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member