Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Girlfriend of Fotis Dulos due in court on Monday

8/18/19

HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) -- The girlfriend of the estranged husband of a missing New Canaan mother whose disappearance sparked national attention is due back in court on Monday.

More than two months have passed since anyone last saw missing New Canaan mother-of-five, Jennifer Dulos since she was last known to be dropping her children off at school on May 24th.

[...]

As Dulos’ attorney, Norm Pattis fights against the speculation his client murdered his wife, Michelle Troconis recently sat in the hot seat where the law firm representing the Dulos estate asked her questions about the Dulos’ finances.

BBM. Did we know this?

Lissette Nuñez on Twitter

Lissette Nunez:

“Michelle Troconis is back in court today. She’s been charged in connection to Jennifer Dulos’s disappearance. I’ll have live updates from Stamford Superior Court”

FOX61News #JenniferDulos

“It’s been nearly 3 months since missing New Canaan mother #JenniferDulos was last seen. Michelle Troconis has been charged in connection to her disappearance. Troconis will be back in Stamford Superior Court this morning. I’ll have live updates from 4-11AM on @FOX61News”

FOX61 on Twitter

Last edited:
Girlfriend of Fotis Dulos due in court on Monday

8/18/19

HARTFORD, CT (WFSB) -- The girlfriend of the estranged husband of a missing New Canaan mother whose disappearance sparked national attention is due back in court on Monday.

More than two months have passed since anyone last saw missing New Canaan mother-of-five, Jennifer Dulos since she was last known to be dropping her children off at school on May 24th.

[...]

As Dulos’ attorney, Norm Pattis fights against the speculation his client murdered his wife, Michelle Troconis recently sat in the hot seat where the law firm representing the Dulos estate asked her questions about the Dulos’ finances.

BBM. Did we know this?

I don't think we knew this, which makes me question, is it accurate?

Exactly right-and as you pointed out, no leaving town regularly. I would love to know why HF kept lending him money
IMO to keep FD doing something. FIL probably knew what FD was all about at that point and was aware also of the 10 days away from home too. If FD didn't have FORE then who knows what would have happened as at least it kept him focused and close to home for a period of time each month. FIL was in a tough spot as my sense is that he was no dummy and knew what was what. MOO

1. So WE don’t have to face a murder charge. Think: premeditated, murder in the first degree. There are several other “murder” definitions. I’m not up on CT specifics, but NP was referring to the fact if we can just keep Murder One off the table, we’ve got a better chance to cast more doubt. And get him on a lesser charge, manslaughter, or even just guilty on illegal dumping.
Here is link to CT penal code. https://www.cga.ct.gov/2016/rpt/pdf/2016-R-0039.pdf

Looks like 3 options for murder.

(Penalty)

Crime (CGS §)

Mandatory Minimum Sentence
(if applicable)

Capital A felony—Murder with special circumstances
(life without possibility of release)

Murder with special circumstances

(53a-54b)

Life without possibility of release

Class A Felonies—Murder (25 to 60 years)

Murder

(53a-54a)

25 years

Felony murder

(53a-54c)

25 years

IMO we could debate whether nor not No Case Norm skated over the lines of his professional responsibilities as he was accused of doing at the last hearing by States Atty Colangelo until the cows come home! I've been keeping an informal list of his 'attempts' to create 'reasonable doubt' and my guess is that the Judge will side with the State on its claims about Pattis.

We shall see if this happens, how Pattis fares on appeal to higher court and whether he does in fact hire the PR firm as he threatened to do in court (IMO this was a supremely ill advised threat and to me at least showed a complete absense of impulse control or professional behavior).

I guess we will have to stay tuned with lots of different POVs on this complicated topic!

BBM. Did we know this?
Court had ruled that she had to be deposed (think they gave 45 day window for it to happen), but I didn't realize it had happened as claimed in the article as we had the entire issue of FD motion at his last hearing wanting to attend the MT deposition. This latest FD motion hadn't been heard yet in criminal court and remember that Colangelo wanted time to respond to is too? Based simply on this situation I don't think MT was deposed unless Bowman sought to avoid the entire FD being present at the MT deposition issue and schedule it with GF atty prior to criminal court deciding that FD could be present.

In a very uneventful court appearance, a judge continued the case against Michelle Troconis to Sept. 20 in a 30-second long hearing.
@sds71 do you think it was just a checkup on the issue with negotiation with State? I didn't see Colangelo walk into courthouse but he must have been there I would think. Wonder if they are waiting for warrants to be unsealed in Sept and/or more charges to drop on FD and/or MT? Perhaps just waiting for State to get its case together. Its the CT way sometimes to simply see endless continuances for months and months at a time. Its a slow slow process sometimes to watch. MOO

Above post RSBM
IDK. I don't think attorneys are supposed to engage in behavior that promotes false information. Even in court, they can't usually promote an alternative theory unless they lay a foundation for it. Has it happened? Yes, and I can think of at least one major case where the defendant was acquitted partly because of it. The defense attorney spun an unfounded tale, allowed by the judge who was terrified of a guilty verdict being appealed. Attorneys are supposed to operate within the framework of the truth. Laughable, I know. And why isn't it the MSM job to fact check? People in the media have always fact checked and by digging deeper, many times, truth has come to light. MOO.

Media can information check. And keep digging. They’re a great help to all of us.
I’m using the word fact in its most narrow definition. Fact= truth. Sorry to not make that clear.
So NP is promoting alternate scenarios. No one knows whether they are true or false. At a few points, he started twisting ideas, and I found myself running down the trail with him. Then I reviewed rest of information that is in the light already and came back to what we all believe.
I believe the term to describe this is “scintilla of evidence.”
Anyway, I apologize for not making myself clear to everyone. And I’ll keep trying to make myself better understood.
Please remember all of this is IMOO. I believe he did it, I’m pretty sure he had an accomplice, who was a male. (In the beginning, I presumed he was a lone actor.) MT got caught up in his web. Again, MOO.

Court had ruled that she had to be deposed (think they gave 45 day window for it to happen), but I didn't realize it had happened as claimed in the article as we had the entire issue of FD motion at his last hearing wanting to attend the MT deposition. This latest FD motion hadn't been heard yet in criminal court and remember that Colangelo wanted time to respond to is too? Based simply on this situation I don't think MT was deposed unless Bowman sought to avoid the entire FD being present at the MT deposition issue and schedule it with GF atty prior to criminal court deciding that FD could be present.

The original date for the MT deposition was/is Friday, September 6th. Beats me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member